GUILTY OH - Johnny Clarke, 21, & Lisa Straub, 20, murdered, Springfield Twp, 31 Jan 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JMHO- I think they were definately suprised in the house. I believe LS was in another room and heard the commotion and was then attacked. I think that JC was suprised in the room in which they were found which I believe was the same room in which the parts of the mobile found were found (correct me if I'm wrong). I think this because I believe that if any of Tiff's story is true that the phone came apart when it hit the floor (I can say from experience this is common with many types of Nokia's don't know about other brands). The reason I think this is that if they were suprised whilst in the garage or even outside for that matter, then (again if any of tiff's story is true) someone would have had to have picked up the phone and brought it back inside, which isn't impossible whether perp or victim, but just seems less likely to me.

If they had just got home and were planning to go back out as soon as LS had changed, it is very likely that they left the garage door up and maybe even the internal door unlocked. There was most likely more than one perp and I would assumed they came armed with something a bit more intimidating than plastic bags and tape. With unarmed perps you would fight relentlessly for your life and I would imagine there would be more disturbance in the residence and injuries on JC.

Just some thoughts, there's plenty more rolling around in my head, but I thought you'd suffer enough with this long post for the moment.:waiting:

I can't believe that there hasn't been an arrest yet, they must know more then they are saying. nobody commits the perfect murder. hope an arrest comes soon!

I am sorry if you were addressing this to Anthony, but I do know people who have serving jobs(which I heard is what Lisa had) and they do not always have to work their entire shift. Some get the opportunity to be "cut" before their shift is scheduled to be over. It is possible she got cut, hence the odd time for her arriving home. Just a thought.

i'm not sure what time her shift ended, but she lives just 10 minutes away. u r very right about being sent home before the end of your scheduled shift. T.G.I.F.'s actually has a very specific method for sending people home early. someone ALWAYS goes home early!

Anthony, are you able to say:

-What the key was for?

-What time Lisa finished her shift?

-Were there any chairs involved?

-How many cell phones were there, and were they found "in the corner" or "on them"?

i don't know about the key. i'm not positive about her work schedule(see my above post about Friday's. There were no chairs involved. i saw the article your'e referring to it has alot of incorrect info. not positive about the phones.

Tiff claims that JC's phone dropped and then went dead. It seems to me that it could only have been a matter of seconds that elapsed from the time JC uttered his first words to the perp(s) till the phone went dead. I imagined myself in his situation and I'm certain I would have blurted out those questions (Bro...what do you want?,etc.) one right after another without pause. I timed myself and it took me just 5 seconds to say the several questions that Tiff claims she heard JC say. If it was just mere seconds then I WOULDN'T necessarily EXPECT TO HEAR ANY SCREAMS. In addition, I believe that Lisa was in another room changing out of her work uniform and didn't hear the perp(s) arrive. I think that JC was immediately subdued and bound. I think that Lisa heard the loud commotion and came out of the other room with only her work pants on (she was found with no shirt and work pants). I think she had a chance to run unlike JC who was ambushed. I think they struck her head with something and then bound her. Maybe she was unconscious so they didn't bind her ankles. I think they took drugs and any money JC may have had on him. I think they decided to search the rest of the house since they were already there. I think that JC bragged to Tiff and other friends that he was staying at a really nice house in an upscale neighborhood and that maybe there might be a safe. I think some of his friends and maybe even JC himself planned the robbery with Tiff's help. LS would have no knowledge. I think it was Tiff's job to convince LS to leave the house so it could be robbed. I think when the perps arrived that JC knew them but had to act surprised otherwise LS would know he planned it. They weren't supposed to be there and they killed them so LS couldn't talk. IMO!!

I am a verified local on the board. There seems to be alot of misinformation regarding this case cuz the fur is really flying here in town...he said, she said...BUT

Tiff claims that JC's phone dropped and then went dead.

Tiffany NEVER has claimed that the phone dropped in anything that is out there. She did NOT say that on the 911 call. Maytee was the person that says "The phone dropped" and she keeps saying it...pretty soon it becomes a part of the story and evolves into Tiff said it, and she did NOT.

I think that Lisa heard the loud commotion and came out of the other room with only her work pants on (she was found with no shirt and work pants).

Lisa was found fully clothed, STILL in her uniform. This was verified by her uncle who thinks they were killed shortly after arriving simply because she DID have her uniform on and she always took it off immediately upon returning home.

Interestingly, alot of info that is being considered the truth is being gleaned from Maytee and what she said people told HER...

In the first 911 call from Maytee...
1. MAYTEE, not TIFF..says the phone dropped. Tiff never said that but that's what's been put out there.
2. MAYTEE, not TIFF...says "They were walking out the door."
3. MAYTEE, not TIFF....says, "She drove by the house and all the lites are on and the cabinets are ransacked." Tiff NEVER said the cabinets were ransacked and all lights were on..MAYTEE did (When Tiff was on call to 911)

Second 911 call..

Maytee takes it up a notch and now says that Tiff was on phone with my son as he was walking out the door and she heard a guy screaming at my son...This is NEWLY added by Maytee cuz in the first 911, the "guy" wasn't heard at all, much less screaming.

Maytee then adds even more to the story by saying that Johnny said "GET AWAY FROM US". Tiff never said he said that in ANY story published.

Everything else that we blame TIff for changing her story on isn't really her changing the story...IT is Maytee who has thrown all that extra stuff out there, which is WHY the court of public opinion immediately jumped on Tiff as the culprit. Who wouldn't, when u have the mom saying she said the house was ransacked, cabinets were open, some guy was screaming at my son, the phone dropped....ALL things that Tiff has not been quoted as saying, or is on the 911 call.

Maytee also changed her story on the JVM show...
VAZQUEZ: She waits two hours. She waits two hours to call a friend of his that knows me and tells the friend, "I think something really bad happened to John and Lisa. I was on the phone with them. I heard such and such," you know, what you repeated on the show earlier. "And I heard Johnny drop the phone. I`ve gone by the house a few times. It looks ransacked. It looks like cabinets and doors are open. I think somebody needs to call Johnny`s mom and tell them something bad has happened."

Now, we have Maytee saying Tiff said something bad happened, and not only are cabinet doors open, the doors are opened also.

Maytee then says: "The girl told the police that she heard the struggle at 11 at night."

Now it has escalated into a 'STRUGGLE" that Tiff heard, a struggle whereas Tiff does not say that in 911 call or anywhere else.

then Maytee says,
VAZQUEZ: No, he did not have any enemies. And actually, Lisa`s boyfriend was in prison for robbery and just got out of prison a couple months ago

Since the ex has not been named as a suspect, and I don't know if people are talking about him on this board or not, but as a local....this is NOT true, at least there is NO record of him being just let out of prison for robbery. He's no angel, but he was not just let out of prison for robbery. That was Johnny, not the ex.

Before anyone goes off...no, I am not a friend of Tiff or Maytee or anyone involved. I'm a grandma for Gods sake. I just find it amazing that it is Maytee that has fanned these flames, and fanned them well enough that just like the old "telephone" game, the story is more and more distorted, and it is taken as gospel. I think if people want to discuss this logically and try to sleuth this...we need to work only in the FACTS that have been presented. Not statements that keep escalating or are opinions of the players in this murder.

LE has been incredibly closed mouth here. The Lucas county sheriffs department is NOT known for their crack investigative skills and the last murder I remember Det. Stooksbury working was the death of an inmate in the jail, which BTW resulted in indictments of the Sheriff and some deputies. Not because of Stooksbury mind you...she found there was no probably cause that the inmate died from anything other than natural causes and this was backed up by our coroner. It was only when the JUSTICE DEPT was called in and they did their own, seperate investigation that revealed the prisoner died from a beating and strangulation, supposedly at the hands of the deputies. Wonder how Stooksbury missed that?? http://www.nowpublic.com/world/lucas-county-sheriff-deputies-beat-inmate-death-witness-saysI have absolutely NO faith in her detective or investigative skills and I think she should have had a presser at this point. If for nothing else, but to calm the citizenry of Toledo by saying, "At this time, we don't think there is a band of violent, murderous, home invaders roaming the streets of Toledo. I mean, c'mon...say SOMETHING! It's ridiculous...

I am a verified local on the board. There seems to be alot of misinformation regarding this case cuz the fur is really flying here in town...he said, she said...BUT

Tiff claims that JC's phone dropped and then went dead.

Tiffany NEVER has claimed that the phone dropped in anything that is out there. She did NOT say that on the 911 call. Maytee was the person that says "The phone dropped" and she keeps saying it...pretty soon it becomes a part of the story and evolves into Tiff said it, and she did NOT.

I think that Lisa heard the loud commotion and came out of the other room with only her work pants on (she was found with no shirt and work pants).

Lisa was found fully clothed, STILL in her uniform. This was verified by her uncle who thinks they were killed shortly after arriving simply because she DID have her uniform on and she always took it off immediately upon returning home.

Interestingly, alot of info that is being considered the truth is being gleaned from Maytee and what she said people told HER...

In the first 911 call from Maytee...
1. MAYTEE, not TIFF..says the phone dropped. Tiff never said that but that's what's been put out there.
2. MAYTEE, not TIFF...says "They were walking out the door."
3. MAYTEE, not TIFF....says, "She drove by the house and all the lites are on and the cabinets are ransacked." Tiff NEVER said the cabinets were ransacked and all lights were on..MAYTEE did (When Tiff was on call to 911)

Second 911 call..

Maytee takes it up a notch and now says that Tiff was on phone with my son as he was walking out the door and she heard a guy screaming at my son...This is NEWLY added by Maytee cuz in the first 911, the "guy" wasn't heard at all, much less screaming.

Maytee then adds even more to the story by saying that Johnny said "GET AWAY FROM US". Tiff never said he said that in ANY story published.

Everything else that we blame TIff for changing her story on isn't really her changing the story...IT is Maytee who has thrown all that extra stuff out there, which is WHY the court of public opinion immediately jumped on Tiff as the culprit. Who wouldn't, when u have the mom saying she said the house was ransacked, cabinets were open, some guy was screaming at my son, the phone dropped....ALL things that Tiff has not been quoted as saying, or is on the 911 call.

Maytee also changed her story on the JVM show...
VAZQUEZ: She waits two hours. She waits two hours to call a friend of his that knows me and tells the friend, "I think something really bad happened to John and Lisa. I was on the phone with them. I heard such and such," you know, what you repeated on the show earlier. "And I heard Johnny drop the phone. I`ve gone by the house a few times. It looks ransacked. It looks like cabinets and doors are open. I think somebody needs to call Johnny`s mom and tell them something bad has happened."

Now, we have Maytee saying Tiff said something bad happened, and not only are cabinet doors open, the doors are opened also.

Maytee then says: "The girl told the police that she heard the struggle at 11 at night."

Now it has escalated into a 'STRUGGLE" that Tiff heard, a struggle whereas Tiff does not say that in 911 call or anywhere else.

then Maytee says,
VAZQUEZ: No, he did not have any enemies. And actually, Lisa`s boyfriend was in prison for robbery and just got out of prison a couple months ago

Since the ex has not been named as a suspect, and I don't know if people are talking about him on this board or not, but as a local....this is NOT true, at least there is NO record of him being just let out of prison for robbery. He's no angel, but he was not just let out of prison for robbery. That was Johnny, not the ex.

Before anyone goes off...no, I am not a friend of Tiff or Maytee or anyone involved. I'm a grandma for Gods sake. I just find it amazing that it is Maytee that has fanned these flames, and fanned them well enough that just like the old "telephone" game, the story is more and more distorted, and it is taken as gospel. I think if people want to discuss this logically and try to sleuth this...we need to work only in the FACTS that have been presented. Not statements that keep escalating or are opinions of the players in this murder.

LE has been incredibly closed mouth here. The Lucas county sheriffs department is NOT known for their crack investigative skills and the last murder I remember Det. Stooksbury working was the death of an inmate in the jail, which BTW resulted in indictments of the Sheriff and some deputies. Not because of Stooksbury mind you...she found there was no probably cause that the inmate died from anything other than natural causes and this was backed up by our coroner. It was only when the JUSTICE DEPT was called in and they did their own, seperate investigation that revealed the prisoner died from a beating and strangulation, supposedly at the hands of the deputies. Wonder how Stooksbury missed that?? http://www.nowpublic.com/world/lucas-county-sheriff-deputies-beat-inmate-death-witness-saysI have absolutely NO faith in her detective or investigative skills and I think she should have had a presser at this point. If for nothing else, but to calm the citizenry of Toledo by saying, "At this time, we don't think there is a band of violent, murderous, home invaders roaming the streets of Toledo. I mean, c'mon...say SOMETHING! It's ridiculous...

the uncle is not gonna tel eveyone that she was found with only pants on. i am family!!!!!!!

the uncle is not gonna tel eveyone that she was found with only pants on. i am family!!!!!!!

My main point was that there are huge amounts of rumors and innuendos floating around this case, and the more they're talked about, the more they become "true" even if they aren't.

Lisa's uncle and family spokesperson says she was in her uniform, she didn't even have time to change which is why the family thinks she was attacked almost immediately after arriving home..

http://beta.toledoblade.com/frontpage/2011/02/10/Family-sets-up-fund-as-friends-say-good-bye.html

Clarke had picked up Ms. Straub from T.G.I. Friday's after she got off work on the evening of Jan. 30. They got home around 11 p.m., and Mr. Verbosky said he's convinced they were attacked soon after.

"She was still in her [T.G.I. Friday's] uniform," he said. "My sister- and brother-in-law indicated that every night when she got home from work, as soon as she got home, she changed immediately, so she didn't even have time to change."

You say she didn't have pants on

Maytee...the one that was there when they found the bodies..says..SHe had pants ON, but her TOP was off...they were tied up with towels, and their cell phones were on their bodies, not scattered about..

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/07/ijvm.01.html

Just a whole lot of misinformation which makes it hard to really piece this together..

I have more tendency to believe Lisa's uncle, and he seems to want to make it a point that they were attacked quite soon after arriving home. I would see nothing untoward by her uncle saying something like, "we think Lisa was changing out of her uniform when they broke in" or something like that. But he didn't. This is JMO of course.

Her pants being on or off is becoming a big deal because it brings a possible sexual crime into the mix, turning this into something beyond a "robbery gone bad".

I'm just trying to keep everything straight and deal in facts.

My main point was that there are huge amounts of rumors and innuendos floating around this case, and the more they're talked about, the more they become "true" even if they aren't.

Lisa's uncle and family spokesperson says she was in her uniform, she didn't even have time to change which is why the family thinks she was attacked almost immediately after arriving home..

http://beta.toledoblade.com/frontpage/2011/02/10/Family-sets-up-fund-as-friends-say-good-bye.html

Maytee...the one that was there when they found the bodies..says..SHe had pants ON, but her TOP was off...they were tied up with towels, and their cell phones were on their bodies, not scattered about..

Just a whole lot of misinformation which makes it hard to really piece this together..

I have more tendency to believe Lisa's uncle, and he seems to want to make it a point that they were attacked quite soon after arriving home. I would see nothing untoward by her uncle saying something like, "we think Lisa was changing out of her uniform when they broke in" or something like that. But he didn't. This is JMO of course.

Her pants being on or off is becoming a big deal because it brings a possible sexual crime into the mix, turning this into something beyond a "robbery gone bad".

BBM

Anthony1 claims that she "only had pants on" ie no top which fits with Maytee's statement.

I also agree with him that the family are unlikely to say she was found half undressed as the rumour mill would explode. I think by saying she changes as soon as she gets home and still had her uniform on, so she must not have had time to change, has the same effect as if he told us she was half undressed. We understand either way that the crime potentially happened almost immediately upon them getting home.

It is unnecessary for the family to stress in an interview about information such as having no top on, it is not helpful to the investigation and would cause distressing rumours for the family to have to deal with.

now your confusing things! i never said she was found without her pants. i said she was found with no shirt which is exactly what Maytee said!!

So she had pants on, but had pants under her head? One of the reports said that. So there were two pair of pants? I think that's what is confusing some posters?

Her top being off doesn't really suggest sexual assault or even intent to sexually assault. I don't think she was, but only a few people know for sure. :sick: I don't even think her top being off indicates she was nude. She could've still been wearing her bra.

I don't want to be guilty of what I'm complaining about myself but I feel like I need to vent: I haven't been paying much attention to them, only when someone mentions them here and it makes me curious, but I have to say these Facebook pages are a mess. I spent a few minutes clicking around. It's unbelievable. This new one seems to be purely on the attack. It's not about "justice." I just can't wrap my head around it, and I imagine LE is keeping tabs and thinking just as negatively. What kind of an impact does all this have on the investigation? In this day and age, social media and the internet can't be ignored as part of the process. It's just... All this drama, between family and people on the internet, really takes the focus off. I wish there were they were banned completely. It makes me very uneasy...what's being said and done in the "memory of" these two kids. So many false or misrepresented things have come out, it's hard to know what's accurate and what's not.

That said and a little off topic, I'm really glad you're all very welcoming, objective, and nice to each other here.

That said and a little off topic, I'm really glad you're all very welcoming, objective, and nice to each other here.

Yes I am fairly new and it is a well run forum, people are polite and the moderators are efficient without being overly controlling.

I am starting to think whoever did this did a good job (well i have always thought that based on the original story, but as time goes on it seems to confirm that opinion). People do not get convicted on innuendo or via facebook rants. If the LE types are reading the facebook fiasco they are just likely shaking their heads and thinking "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree".

I do feel sorry for Lisa's parents, they have been quiet throughout and must be deeply hurt over this, I am sure they have many regrets.

Yes I am fairly new and it is a well run forum, people are polite and the moderators are efficient without being overly controlling.

I am starting to think whoever did this did a good job (well i have always thought that based on the original story, but as time goes on it seems to confirm that opinion). People do not get convicted on innuendo or via facebook rants. If the LE types are reading the facebook fiasco they are just likely shaking their heads and thinking "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree".

I do feel sorry for Lisa's parents, they have been quiet throughout and must be deeply hurt over this, I am sure they have many regrets.

I feel compassion for both sets of parents even if one of the parents shows bad behavior and poor judgment.

I cannot say with any certainty (thank God) how I would act if something like this happened to one of my five precious children.

So I try not to criticize when I have no idea how difficult it is for family members who have lost their children in this manner. It has to be one of the worst nightmares a person can endure.

Some will express their pain and anger by holding it all in......some will let it explode. Tremendous anger is one of the steps of grieving.

Now personally I believe TW is telling the truth and is not involved but I can see how a desperate mother wouldn't understand why she didn't call 911 right away and thinks that is suspicious. Maytee's mind is her worst enemy right now until this is solved.

But I am beginning to think LE may not have any sound leads in this case and that saddens me greatly for both families. It seems they would by now if the perps had a personal connection to either victim so that does give me pause.

IMO

I feel compassion for both sets of parents even if one of the parents shows bad behavior and poor judgment.

I cannot say with any certainty (thank God) how I would act if something like this happened to one of my five precious children.

You are much more sympathetic than I am. If you don't want to bury your kids you do everything you can to raise them up right and ensure they do not become a criminal menace that threatens others or associates with that type.

I do feel sorry for Lisa's parents, they were likely overly indulging but with the best of intentions. I think everyone agrees this was NOT random, it had something to do with Johnny. He was the catalyst, either by angering someone or talking about the "safe" or dealing drugs or all of the above.

But WHY was he bragging about it? Maybe I'm naive but I'm not getting what his motive was for bragging to others about the safe, being an armed robber himself, who knows what a safe would mean to other armed robbers.

I am guessing he spoke stream of consciousness, no inhibition. If he was talking about a safe it was because he had no real feelings of protection or bonding with the girl or the parents. They had a big fancy house, they lived a nice lifestyle, they were "upper class people" in his mind and he liked that and he sought to take advantage of it.

I am sure the girl was smitten, but how on earth did the parents go along with all of this? I mean her parents. Were they so naieve they didn't recognize what they had let into their house? Or were they just sort of detached? They lived there, it was their home, I don't see how one could be detached about that. I don't get that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back