Found Safe OH - Katarina Bitterman, 17, Parma, 4 March 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope she's found soon. A few random thoughts:

1.) I'd be curious if the dogs were the sort that were used to being left outside for a little bit and/or a few hours at a time. Like, was it normal to see their dogs outside.

2.) Could she have gone for a walk or a run? I recently got into doing short sprints and small runs. I never take my phone. It's huge.

3.) Maybe she has a separate Insta account for hair and makeup. Not all cosmetology students, or those into hair and makeup, are into bold Instagram looks. She could be more of a Glossier type which is all about polished skin and minimal makeup. (I know a lot of makeup people sort of poke fun at the Instagram makeup that is caked on and the filled in and squared off brows. She may have a polished and paired down aesthetic.) And I know a handful of teens think Facebook is dated and normally only use Instagram or snap.

4.) Maybe someone saw her parents leave. I'm assuming LE has checked for signs of breaking and entering.

I am wondering what breed the dogs were. Many are saying that she left them out may indicate she planned to be gone for a long time but I am viewing it as the exact opposite. There are many delicate breeds who can only be out a short time, especially in extreme weather conditions. If my dogs were left outside, someone could assume I meant to be home in 10 minutes or less.

And why let them out and then go "for a walk". Why didn't she take the dogs for a walk, if she just planned to go for a walk.

And why let them out and then go "for a walk". Why not walk the dogs?

Which tends toward the idea that she was going somewhere specific (e.g., store, someone's house) where she couldn't really bring the dogs. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With my breed, I can't always break into a jog or a sprint during a walk.

Wonder if neighbors were used to seeing the dogs out? Most females are so empathetic towards animal. I just can't picture someone leaving dogs alone for longer than it takes to exercise or run an errand.

And why let them out and then go "for a walk". Why didn't she take the dogs for a walk, if she just planned to go for a walk.

It might be because she thought neighbors would see or hear the dogs and with no one home might take them in, otherwise they would ruin the house and be starving until parents returned, if voluntary

It might be because she thought neighbors would see or hear the dogs and with no one home might take them in, otherwise they would ruin the house and be starving until parents returned, if voluntary

Would it be typical for someone to go in someone else's yard and take that persons dogs bc no one was home? I hope not..unless I misunderstood what you were saying there?

Would it be typical for someone to go in someone else's yard and take that persons dogs bc no one was home? I hope not..unless I misunderstood what you were saying there?

No I'm saying if the next door neighbor is friends with the family they may assist with the dogs. I'm thinking they told a neighbor they were going away in case their young daughter needed anything all alone in. The house.

**for the record if I heard my neighbors dogs outside for hours in -2 degrees yes I would go and take the dogs into my home and leave a note.

No I'm saying if the next door neighbor is friends with the family they may assist with the dogs. I'm thinking they told a neighbor they were going away in case their young daughter needed anything all alone in. The house.

**for the record if I heard my neighbors dogs outside for hours in -2 degrees yes I would go and take the dogs into my home and leave a note.

Gotcha that makes more sense than how I took that initially thanks!

It was not - 2. Someone used the wrong chart (Celsius) it was actually relatively warm for Ohio this time of year (28 to 30)

It was not that cold. The original poster if that info confused Celsius and Fahrenheit. It was actually pretty nice out.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It was not - 2. Someone used the wrong chart (Celsius) it was actually relatively warm for Ohio this time of year (28 to 30)

Still cold for animals left out for hours on end and dropping...not that it matters...was just trying to come up with a reason she might have put them out

I think its strange if she was intending to meet some she didnt want anyone to know about she would do it SO close to home. Where I should imagine people would know of her, if not know her personally. Just MOO

I think its strange if she was intending to meet some she didnt want anyone to know about she would do it SO close to home. Where I should imagine people would know of her, if not know her personally. Just MOO

What choice did she have if she didn't drive tho?

What choice did she have if she didn't drive tho?

Bus.. walk further? I'm not saying she didnt get picked up there. I am just saying she may as well have got picked up at home.. It was only around the corner. If we are working on the assumption it was a organised meeting then I would have thought she would have planned it better than just walking around the corner and getting in a car. Its all MOO. obviously we don't know, but having been that age before I would NEVER have met anyone my parents didnt know about/like on the same street we lived (granted it was many years ago!!)

Regardless hope she is found what ever the situation is, just throwing out thoughts.

So Google maps shows the closest store at Pleasant Valley and Broadview? Was there a path through the creek area to the stores from where the dogs lost her scent?

Couple random thoughts:

1. This area is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. Thousands of homes and thousands of acres of densely wooded areas...
2. It's very probable that she's very close to home. Although, I can't help but wonder if she is out of the area, how strategic this is on the perp's part. By the time LE / FBI are done searching the hay stack, they're so far away it's almost untraceable to find witnesses, evidence etc. along their path away...

I'm not trying to paint a bleak picture, but the circumstances of this situation have me extremely worried for this girl.

Another random thought that may mean nothing... I got the feeling these parents are controlling, not that it means anything in relation to her disappearance if it is true. Idk thinking out loud here

I went back to the interview with the parents and I'm wondering something. They said when they left that Kat was going to take a nap and then work on her project. 2 hours later they called and got no answer. They thought that this was out of character for Kat and turned around immediately and drove back.

Is this not a bit over the top? I mean it was only 2 hours without talking to her and already they are on high alert and driving back? To me, that seems a little extreme. Maybe not, but I'm just throwing it out there.

I have to wonder if maybe Kat left of her own design due to some "stuff" at home.

I'm just wondering....... MOO

I wondered that as well. It's normal to go a few hours without a text or something.

Or, were they that close that her mother had some sort of mother's intuition.

I have overprotective parents, but at that age, I still don't think they would turn the car around, abandon their trip, and hustle home unless they thought something was wrong even before they left. JMHO

I went back to the interview with the parents and I'm wondering something. They said when they left that Kat was going to take a nap and then work on her project. 2 hours later they called and got no answer. They thought that this was out of character for Kat and turned around immediately and drove back.

Is this not a bit over the top? I mean it was only 2 hours without talking to her and already they are on high alert and driving back? To me, that seems a little extreme. Maybe not, but I'm just throwing it out there.

I have to wonder if maybe Kat left of her own design due to some "stuff" at home.

I'm just wondering....... MOO

For those of you who know Katarina - is she a gamer at all?

If she wasn't driving, why would she need her ID? Or is it just force of habit? Do you have to use your ID to get in to Normandy? Would there have been anything going on there that day she may have been headed to? Are there any businesses nearby that you get discounts if you show your school ID? Do you get an RTA discount? Is there an RTA line nearby? Could she have had a job interview? (But if so, why would she not tell anyone?)
If they were a military family I could answer that question. I haven't heard they are though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back