Found Safe OH - Katarina Bitterman, 17, Parma, 4 March 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know where her parents were headed to?
If she was planning to meet someone , I would most definitely believe that she would bring her phone! Especially if it was someone she met online some way. I don't see any other reason for her to leave her house. Doesn't make sense to me. Stores are too far away to walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went back to the interview with the parents and I'm wondering something. They said when they left that Kat was going to take a nap and then work on her project. 2 hours later they called and got no answer. They thought that this was out of character for Kat and turned around immediately and drove back.

Is this not a bit over the top? I mean it was only 2 hours without talking to her and already they are on high alert and driving back? To me, that seems a little extreme. Maybe not, but I'm just throwing it out there.

I have to wonder if maybe Kat left of her own design due to some "stuff" at home.

I'm just wondering....... MOO
I thought the same exact thing. JMO

I went back to the interview with the parents and I'm wondering something. They said when they left that Kat was going to take a nap and then work on her project. 2 hours later they called and got no answer. They thought that this was out of character for Kat and turned around immediately and drove back.

Is this not a bit over the top? I mean it was only 2 hours without talking to her and already they are on high alert and driving back? To me, that seems a little extreme. Maybe not, but I'm just throwing it out there.

I have to wonder if maybe Kat left of her own design due to some "stuff" at home.

I'm just wondering....... MOO

They sent friends to check on her first, who found she wasn't there. And she hadn't contacted anyone in that time. I think it's reasonable when you take those facts into consideration.

They sent friends to check on her first, who found she wasn't there. And she hadn't contacted anyone in that time. I think it's reasonable when you take those facts into consideration.

Then that makes sense. I didn't know they had sent friends.

Somehow her scent stopping almost at the RSO'S home doesn't seem coincidental to me.

I am very afraid this isn't likely to end well. I wonder if he tricked her into meeting him.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Again looking at the time she was seen walking it appears she waited a little while after her parents left...maybe to make sure they hadn't forgotten something or she was perhaps changing clothes. I wonder what she was wearing. Prob hard for the witness to say if they were only a witness and due to the weather.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Deleted.
Unsure if I should comment on the post and unsure if I should leave the comment I left.

If she planned to run away, wouldn't she have taken clothes, personal possessions, hygiene products? If she didn't take any cash or clothes, how would she take care of herself? At 17 with no car and no money, she'd have to rely on someone else to care for her. If she'd been in contact with someone who was willing to care for her, I'm sure the FBI would know about it.
Like every case, we aren't privy to the information that law enforcement knows. But if they believed she left to go live somewhere else and was in no danger then why have the FBI going door to door? ( because lets remember they have her phone, and would also have access to her online footprints by now)
She may have very well let the house on her own accord but ran into trouble shortly after. At this point, anyone's guess is as good as mine. But I can't help but to think that a teen girl who liked cosmetology would take personal possessions along if she planned on leaving for a while.
She may have went to meet someone thinking she'd only be gone for a few mins but something went bad very early on in their meeting.

>Katarina's good friend Serena Vale says it just doesn't make sense. "She's not the type to run away from things. She wouldn't run away from her problems like this," says Vale.

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/local/cuyahoga-county/search-still-on-for-missing-parma-teen/420300106

I wonder if there were actual "problems" that she is referring to (since she says "like this"). Also because Katarina's boyfriend made comments about this being "out of character" for her, that she follows the rules, etc. It makes me wonder if there was something going on that her friends are aware of, but they don't think she left voluntarily.

Her parents, on the other hand, have said she was happy and doing well, so they seem not to believe there were any problems to begin with.

JMO
I did wonder about her parents saying she was happy...but thinking it was prob one of the questions they were asked.

There is a part of me that has been wondering about Katarina's mental state for two reasons.

1. MOO: In many of the photos that have been released, she just looks sad to me. Very pretty, but sad.

2. The terrain of the area they have been searching. I understand there are cliffs, and I think I see a creek. I also find it interesting that LE decided to focus their search on the park four, five days after Katarina disappeared. I understand their reason for it is because of its proximity to Katarina's home, but if so, why not start searching sooner?

I also have a couple of questions:

1. So the dogs tracked her scent to an intersection, where as I understand, there are two RSOs residing nearby. Do scent dogs always pick up the freshest scent? For example, say, Katarina walks her dogs on a regular basis. Would the dogs be able to differentiate her regular walk route from the route she might have taken the day she disappeared?

2. It appears to me the park where they have been searching since yesterday is in the opposite direction of where the dogs lost her scent, and also where she was seen walking by witnesses. What would be the easiest or quickest way for Katarina to get to the park? Is there a fence between the park and her home?
I had wondered that about the scent dogs picking up the freshest scent vs older scent in the S.P. case.

According to Katarina's parents, she was in a good mood when they left. I am wondering if she had a conversation with someone after they left that upset her and she decided to take a walk. And then something happened.
I believed she turned 17 the day before. I wonder if it was a low key as family only or if she had a party the weekend before...since her parents were going out of town? or maybe planned the weekend after?

To clarify, the parents called her friends after they attempted to call katarina once ?
Like, they immediately thought something was wrong right away because she didn't answer the first phone call? If that's the case , it leads me to believe that there was a potential to worry about something ?

If she planned to run away, wouldn't she have taken clothes, personal possessions, hygiene products? If she didn't take any cash or clothes, how would she take care of herself? At 17 with no car and no money, she'd have to rely on someone else to care for her. If she'd been in contact with someone who was willing to care for her, I'm sure the FBI would know about it.
Like every case, we aren't privy to the information that law enforcement knows. But if they believed she left to go live somewhere else and was in no danger then why have the FBI going door to door? ( because lets remember they have her phone, and would also have access to her online footprints by now)
She may have very well let the house on her own accord but ran into trouble shortly after. At this point, anyone's guess is as good as mine. But I can't help but to think that a teen girl who liked cosmetology would take personal possessions along if she planned on leaving for a while.
She may have went to meet someone thinking she'd only be gone for a few mins but something went bad very early on in their meeting.
That's exactly where I am on this. I think she thought she was meeting a boy from the Internet and it went south fast

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2 RSO's that live on her street. Right where her scent ended! One abducted a 17 year old.

Does anyone know where her parents were headed to?
If she was planning to meet someone , I would most definitely believe that she would bring her phone! Especially if it was someone she met online some way. I don't see any other reason for her to leave her house. Doesn't make sense to me. Stores are too far away to walk.

Especially if she thought her parents would call.

I did wonder about her parents saying she was happy...but thinking it was prob one of the questions they were asked.

What strikes me is that her friend and her boyfriend both focus on the idea that "she wouldn't do this", she wouldn't "run away from her problems like this", she wouldn't "act up", she follows the rules. Yet her parents are perplexed, saying she was fine and happy and excited before she went missing.

As you say, it could be that these quotes are taken out of the context of questions about whether she would leave voluntarily, maybe to escape something she was unhappy about.

But especially the wording "like this" struck me (rather than even saying she wouldn't run away "like that").

All just my opinion/reaction/speculation. May she be found safe.

Dogs will go with the freshest scent in these situations.

Sorry for the numerous replies. Thankfully I am caught up.on reading for now.
I am concerned for Katarina for numerous reasons of why she could be missing.
Marking my spot.

Doesn't anyone find it odd there's no mention of her bday celebration? One week ago this 16 year old just turned 17!

Her parents say she was happy, dancing and showing off her pjs below they left. I would think they would say something like we just celebrated her bday! Cake, friends, bday presents, bday dinner, she partied with her friends, had a romantic bday date with her bf, she was so happy! Or future bday plans, like after getting back on Sunday we were planning to X.

Her BF doesn't mention any bday festivities, or future plans either.

Every bday is a big deal to kids aged 2 to 22 imo.

What teen doesn't have more selfies other than school photos? If so, why haven't we seen them yet?

To clarify, the parents called her friends after they attempted to call katarina once ?
Like, they immediately thought something was wrong right away because she didn't answer the first phone call? If that's the case , it leads me to believe that there was a potential to worry about something ?

That's what it says in the article I read:

http://heavy.com/news/2017/03/katar...l-photos-pictures-facebook-parents-boyfriend/

Another article quotes her parents as saying:

"It was so out of character for her. She always replies to my texts and always calls me back. She's very responsible. The 2 hour ride home was rough, the not knowing,” says Kristina.

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/local/cuyahoga-county/parents-of-missing-17-year-old-speak-out/420665592

I guess I think if I was leaving my 17-year-old girl daughter home alone, and she was usually very responsive to calls and texts but I couldn't contact her, I'd have someone check on her.

Or, yes, it could be that there was a reason to worry more than usual. Good question.

JMO

Doesn't anyone find it odd there's no mention of her bday celebration? One week ago this 16 year old just turned 17!

Her parents say she was happy, dancing and showing off her pjs below they left. I would think they would say something like we just celebrated her bday! Cake, friends, bday presents, bday dinner, she partied with her friends, had a romantic bday date with her bf, she was so happy! Or future bday plans, like after getting back on Sunday we were planning to X.

Her BF doesn't mention any bday festivities, or future plans either.

Every bday is a big deal to kids aged 2 to 22 imo.

What teen doesn't have more selfies other than school photos? If so, why haven't we seen them yet?

Maybe they're a religion that doesn't celebrate birthdays. Or maybe in the horror of all of this, talking about a birthday party doesn't seem important?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back