Found Safe OH - Katarina Bitterman, 17, Parma, 4 March 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For parolees that still have to check in with a parole officer, generally, they can have their house searched at any time for no real reason. I don't think that's the case with RSOs. I think they need evidence of a crime and get a warrant, like anyone else. Not positive, though.

And even if they could get in right away, it doesn't necessarily mean there would be immediate, obvious evidence on which to base an arrest. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Facebook the vigil says it was cancelled "out of respect for the family". Maybe friends decided to do a vigil without really discussing it with the family and they just did not feel comfortable with it?
Or there is evidence this is voluntary and the family didn't want to involve the community if it's a personal family matter

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wonder if this disappearance is related to the Liberty German and Abigail Williams case....

Did she use Snapchat???!

I wonder if this disappearance is related to the Liberty German and Abigail Williams case....

Did she use Snapchat???

( Did he make sure she left her phone behind because of what Liberty did? )

>Katarina's good friend Serena Vale says it just doesn't make sense. "She's not the type to run away from things. She wouldn't run away from her problems like this," says Vale.

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/local/cuyahoga-county/search-still-on-for-missing-parma-teen/420300106

I wonder if there were actual "problems" that she is referring to (since she says "like this"). Also because Katarina's boyfriend made comments about this being "out of character" for her, that she follows the rules, etc. It makes me wonder if there was something going on that her friends are aware of, but they don't think she left voluntarily.

Her parents, on the other hand, have said she was happy and doing well, so they seem not to believe there were any problems to begin with.

JMO

Did she use Snapchat???!

I think if anyone were abducting anyone, they would try keep them from bringing a phone along. That wouldn't have to be related to any other case.

However, there is so far no evidence that she was taken from her home. And no evidence that A&L had contact with the killer via Snapchat (UK tabloid headlines notwithstanding).

People of Parma join search for missing teen, Katarina Bitterman

Earlier in the day a search plane was the eye in the sky for Parma police and FBI agents on the ground.

A K-9 unit assisted as well, smelling for any scent of the Normandy High School junior missing since a neighbor saw her walking Saturday afternoon from her home on Augustine Drive.

Police even called in a community emergency response team (CERT) of trained volunteers.

It sounds like the town is doing everything they can to solve this mystery!
Lets hope she's found today!

Sadly, I think this case is likely linked to the RSO's house that her scent nearly stops at. "NN" was charged with 40 counts of child *advertiser censored* in 2009. And several others were charged then too. I think this is the reason FBI was called in so quickly.

Like I said yesterday, Parma isn't a stranger to child *advertiser censored* / child trafficking. There was a child trafficking bust last year and it was reported that LE felt there were more people involved but didn't have sufficient evidence to pursue charge on anyone aside the main perp.

I also think the family has more information then we do and that's why the vigil was canceled. :(

http://blog.cleveland.com/parmasunpost/2009/12/three_parma_men_facing_child_p.html

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2016/09/parma_man_guilty_of_sex_traffi.html

For parolees that still have to check in with a parole officer, generally, they can have their house searched at any time for no real reason. I don't think that's the case with RSOs. I think they need evidence of a crime and get a warrant, like anyone else. Not positive, though.

They would only be able to search if the RSO was on parole or probation.

Or there is evidence this is voluntary and the family didn't want to involve the community if it's a personal family matter

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There is a part of me that has been wondering about Katarina's mental state for two reasons.

1. MOO: In many of the photos that have been released, she just looks sad to me. Very pretty, but sad.

2. The terrain of the area they have been searching. I understand there are cliffs, and I think I see a creek. I also find it interesting that LE decided to focus their search on the park four, five days after Katarina disappeared. I understand their reason for it is because of its proximity to Katarina's home, but if so, why not start searching sooner?

I also have a couple of questions:

1. So the dogs tracked her scent to an intersection, where as I understand, there are two RSOs residing nearby. Do scent dogs always pick up the freshest scent? For example, say, Katarina walks her dogs on a regular basis. Would the dogs be able to differentiate her regular walk route from the route she might have taken the day she disappeared?

2. It appears to me the park where they have been searching since yesterday is in the opposite direction of where the dogs lost her scent, and also where she was seen walking by witnesses. What would be the easiest or quickest way for Katarina to get to the park? Is there a fence between the park and her home?

There is a part of me that has been wondering about Katarina's mental state for two reasons.

1. MOO: In many of the photos that have been released, she just looks sad to me. Very pretty, but sad.

2. The terrain of the area they have been searching. I understand there are cliffs, and I think I see a creek. I also find it interesting that LE decided to focus their search on the park four, five days after Katarina disappeared. I understand their reason for it is because of its proximity to Katarina's home, but if so, why not start searching sooner?

I also have a couple of questions:

1. So the dogs tracked her scent to an intersection, where as I understand, there are two RSOs residing nearby. Do scent dogs always pick up the freshest scent? For example, say, Katarina walks her dogs on a regular basis. Would the dogs be able to differentiate her regular walk route from the route she might have taken the day she disappeared?

2. It appears to me the park where they have been searching since yesterday is in the opposite direction of where the dogs lost her scent, and also where she was seen walking by witnesses. What would be the easiest or quickest way for Katarina to get to the park? Is there a fence between the park and her home?

That is a very good question and something I was thinking about. It reminded me of AH (Nate Kibby, in NH)

Dogs tracked AH's scent back to her home (she went missing on her way home from school) For a long time this led investigators to believe she made it home. There was a lot of speculation and theories based off a belief she made it home.

She had not. She was abducted on her way home from school and not really that close to where the dogs had tracked her scent. They picked up a scent because it was a route she walked to, and home from school often.

What makes me think differently here is they say the scent stopped at the intersection. Did she often get picked up there? Is that something that could happen? Did a classmate or friend pick her up and drive her to school, maybe meeting at that intersection?

O/T

Holy moly...I heard about this case today-I've been catching up reading it on my phone and while doing so...I get a call...where from?!?!?....Cleveland, OH. I actually threw my phone it freaked me out. I live many states away from Ohio now, but did live in Southern Ohio and still have my Ohio number. Hahaha, sleuthing comes at a price sometimes...[emoji15][emoji15]

According to Katarina's parents, she was in a good mood when they left. I am wondering if she had a conversation with someone after they left that upset her and she decided to take a walk. And then something happened.

That is a very good question and something I was thinking about. It reminded me of AH (Nate Kibby, in NH)

Dogs tracked AH's scent back to her home (she went missing on her way home from school) For a long time this led investigators to believe she made it home. There was a lot of speculation and theories based off a belief she made it home.

She had not. She was abducted on her way home from school and not really that close to where the dogs had tracked her scent. They picked up a scent because it was a route she walked to, and home from school often.

What makes me think differently here is they say the scent stopped at the intersection. Did she often get picked up there? Is that something that could happen? Did a classmate or friend pick her up and drive her to school, maybe meeting at that intersection?

Or could it be where she gets picked up and dropped off by her school bus (you would think the school district would think to avoid a spot where there are two RSOs living nearby, but ...)?

Or could it be where she gets picked up and dropped off by her school bus (you would think the school district would think to avoid a spot where there are two RSOs living nearby, but ...)?

My apologies ... Katarina, a junior, wouldn't be a bus-rider:
"Students who are in grades K-8 are eligible for transportation if they are 2.0 miles or more from the residence. (Effective January 26, 2009)."
http://www.parmacityschools.org/Page/1787

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay