Deceased/Not Found OH - Patricia 'Patti' Adkins, 29, Marysville, 29 June 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is a strange case. Glad to see from what's mentioned ^^ the ID show is replaying.

Don't think there is enough evidence to try anyone, and sadly after all these years, don't think it will ever go to trial.

The drop of blood - even if tested and her's; it doesn't tell when it got there or how it got there.

Cat hair get's everywhere, no nothing in that.

As for motive, considering his wife did not leave him after she found out, it lessens saying he had to silence PA so wife wouldn't find out.

Now, I'm not defending him, don't get me wrong on that.
procesuite

Hi! I'm new to posting although have been reading WS for a while now I finally felt compelled to sign up to make a few comments on this Patti Adkins thread. Please bare with me and let me know if I have said anything that is not allowed :)

In response to T9D, I am assuming your scenarios are hypothetical but I just wanted to add some extra info that doesn't seem to of been mentioned here so far that can really squash this miniscule possibility that BF and Patti were not involved or that Patti was some kind of obsessed woman.

So firstly, it has been confirmed that although they cannot or have not been able to track BF's cell phone during the time when they suspect Patti has left her workplace but they HAVE found that Patti and BF did have significant communication with one another over the phone.

Secondly BF didn't put the cover on his truck until the morning of the supposed getaway date. Patti however told her sister and best friend about her plan to hide under the cover days earlier..how could she of known he would have the cover when he didn't have one to begin with and went out to order and buy one! Also, this should be noted that he rarely drove his truck to work and usually drove a different car (sedan) so again how would Patti randomly know he would be driving the truck and that it would have the cover on the back?

Some other facts that to me scream GUILTY is Patti clocking out of work earlier than other co-workers that night as she was always the last to leave and clean up, (maybe because she had to make it in time to get in the back of the truck..) then there are the items that Patti told friends and family she had purchased for BF, which wasn't limited to the Hard Rock Cafe shirt, in fact she had given him quite a few gifts one in particular as a mobile phone cover that was known to of been purchased by Patti that BF was in possession of, next is the huge fact that he LIED to police saying on his way home from work that night the time he couldn't account for before he arrived home at 2.30am was because he was waiting at a Burger King drive-through for 45 minutes! Police checked and they said there was no way that it was possible he was waiting for that long, not to mention at that time in the morning it would definitely not of been that busy! Then there's BF failing the lie detector and showing deception..ok I know these aren't admissible in court for a reason but this case just angers and saddens me so much because it really is as clear as day what has happened here!

Hi! I'm new to posting although have been reading WS for a while now I finally felt compelled to sign up to make a few comments on this Patti Adkins thread. Please bare with me and let me know if I have said anything that is not allowed :)

In response to T9D, I am assuming your scenarios are hypothetical but I just wanted to add some extra info that doesn't seem to of been mentioned here so far that can really squash this miniscule possibility that BF and Patti were not involved or that Patti was some kind of obsessed woman.

So firstly, it has been confirmed that although they cannot or have not been able to track BF's cell phone during the time when they suspect Patti has left her workplace but they HAVE found that Patti and BF did have significant communication with one another over the phone.

Secondly BF didn't put the cover on his truck until the morning of the supposed getaway date. Patti however told her sister and best friend about her plan to hide under the cover days earlier..how could she of known he would have the cover when he didn't have one to begin with and went out to order and buy one! Also, this should be noted that he rarely drove his truck to work and usually drove a different car (sedan) so again how would Patti randomly know he would be driving the truck and that it would have the cover on the back?

Some other facts that to me scream GUILTY is Patti clocking out of work earlier than other co-workers that night as she was always the last to leave and clean up, (maybe because she had to make it in time to get in the back of the truck..) then there are the items that Patti told friends and family she had purchased for BF, which wasn't limited to the Hard Rock Cafe shirt, in fact she had given him quite a few gifts one in particular as a mobile phone cover that was known to of been purchased by Patti that BF was in possession of, next is the huge fact that he LIED to police saying on his way home from work that night the time he couldn't account for before he arrived home at 2.30am was because he was waiting at a Burger King drive-through for 45 minutes! Police checked and they said there was no way that it was possible he was waiting for that long, not to mention at that time in the morning it would definitely not of been that busy! Then there's BF failing the lie detector and showing deception..ok I know these aren't admissible in court for a reason but this case just angers and saddens me so much because it really is as clear as day what has happened here!

:welcome: LexR to WS :welcome6: Always nice when a cold case brings someone new to both WS and the thread as well!

Good points!

I recall learning of this case by watching its story on one of the TV shows. There are a couple of aspects that make me believe Patricia truly cared for the BF. That seems quite evident by her making arrangements to have her daughter cared for during what might be considered a long period of time especially for a loving mother. Also that she would loan the BF such a large amount of money. If she did do that (and the detective's work on this seems to show it took place) then what did the BF do with it? Is there any creditable evidence or information as to what he may have spent it on: trips, luxury items, drugs, quickly paying off large debts, etc.? The old adage of "follow the money" might help put some further heat on this man even these many years later.

You are most welcome! Curious if you think this case will ever be solved?
It continues to get attention thanks to reruns of the ID show about her.

I really hope so! Although I feel that the only way the police will and can move forward on the case is if her body is found one day. Even if her body is found there still may be a major lack of evidence due to elements, decomposition or other factors that may not shed any light on how/when/by who's hand she died. The only other scenario would be if the person responsible for her disappearance confesses (which I think would be highly unlikely!) or if he has told someone else, ie. the wife and if they ever divorce and it gets nasty then maybe she will go to the police. Sadly though this may be wishful thinking and everyone involved may keep their mouths shut forever. What is your take on it all, do you think she will ever be found and the case will be solved one day?

I really hope so! Although I feel that the only way the police will and can move forward on the case is if her body is found one day. Even if her body is found there still may be a major lack of evidence due to elements, decomposition or other factors that may not shed any light on how/when/by who's hand she died. The only other scenario would be if the person responsible for her disappearance confesses (which I think would be highly unlikely!) or if he has told someone else, ie. the wife and if they ever divorce and it gets nasty then maybe she will go to the police. Sadly though this may be wishful thinking and everyone involved may keep their mouths shut forever. What is your take on it all, do you think she will ever be found and the case will be solved one day?

So much time has gone by, doesn't look good for solving this case. Would need some direct kind of evidence.
Perhaps if she were found there might be something found used in the crime...

So much time has gone by, doesn't look good for solving this case. Would need some direct kind of evidence.
Perhaps if she were found there might be something found used in the crime...

I agree..I really hope something is found one day but a lot of time has passed which makes things a lot harder!

I keep waiting on any news about her. This is where I am from.

There's always the possibility someone will come forward and say something.

Hi all,

Patti's case aired again today on the show Disappeared. I have seen the episode before, but haven't ever checked out her WS page. In Googling, I found a Topix forum with the POI's name in the title. Lots of talk over there, and a lot of BF's friends standing up for him. It sounds like BF has concocted a story for his friends/family that Patti was stalking him, and that the 90K wasn't given to him, so she must have been saving it to run away because she was in debt.

Also, I was thinking. As all of the physical evidence that we're aware of (cat hair, trace blood) was found on the underside of the Tonneau cover, Patti was clearly in the bed of the truck. If you have seen these covers, it seems unlikely that someone could get themselves OUT of the back of a truck. I don't think you can open a truck's tailgate from inside. Can you? And it doesn't seem like you could poke your arm out of the cover to reach around to the tailgate handle to open it. Someone would have had to take her out. This would make the argument that she got in there as part of her "stalking" unlikely.

Also, the carbon monoxide argument is very interesting, but I don't think it is valid. If Patti was suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, I would think that the effects would have started when the other passenger was in the truck (as they went to get food and she was probably in the bed of the truck a while). If this was the case, she would have become pretty ill, probably vomiting, and at that point it would be logical to assume she didn't care about blowing her cover with the married coworker. She probably would have started thrashing about and trying to draw attention so someone would get her out before she became more ill or passed out. Also, if she became ill in the bed of the truck it stands to reason that it would have been a smelly mess. BF probably would have cleaned the truck and the cover and any evidence (cat hair & blood) would have been washed away. Otherwise I would think there would be evidence of her being ill (physical or an odor) on the cover.

Just some thoughts. I hope they are able to bring Patti home and get her some justice. Thank you to everyone on WS who has kept this case alive for the past 13 years.

Hi RDGirl,

Great post and points you made. I also read that forum you mentioned a few months back and there are a lot of BF's friends and followers standing up for him which really is dumbfounding to me. I keep thinking of his wife in the back of my mind and I have to come to my own conclusion that she HAS to of been in on it, whether or not that was in the planning or if she found out after the fact and helped cover it up. If not then she has to be the most trusting/naive/stupid person. I highly doubt she knew nothing of it though given she surely would of had to of known about the money. Who knows maybe it was something they planned together as a way to get money but once Patti started asking for it back they took action.

I am not certain on the makings of the tonneau cover although what you say does sound about right. I find it so hard to believe that she told her sister she was going to be hiding in the back of his truck and then that same day he drove his truck to work when he always drove a sedan to work..that is too much of a coincidence for her to purely just of been his stalker.

I agree with you wholly about the carbon monoxide poisoning, as even if she knew she had to be quiet if she ended up struggling to breathe and needed fresh oxygen then I honestly think most people would panic and submit themselves to having to draw someones attention!

I really hope when the technology is ready and the police are ready to re investigate this case that they test the blood found in the truck (there's not a doubt from me that it belongs to Patti) and even though this may be circumstantial it would no doubt speak VOLUMES. Patti's family and daughter deserve to know the truth and that the person responsible is held accountable.

Thinking more about this case.... it would be interesting if LE had setup a reenactment test to find out if someone was inside the bed of this truck with the same make of tonneau cover snapped in place, if the snaps could be undone from the inside...

This is a strange case. Glad to see from what's mentioned ^^ the ID show is replaying.

Don't think there is enough evidence to try anyone, and sadly after all these years, don't think it will ever go to trial.

The drop of blood - even if tested and her's; it doesn't tell when it got there or how it got there.

Cat hair get's everywhere, no nothing in that.

As for motive, considering his wife did not leave him after she found out, it lessens saying he had to silence PA so wife wouldn't find out.

Now, I'm not defending him, don't get me wrong on that.
procesuite

But he only had that truck liner, bed, cover whatever on the truck for a few days when she disappeared. LE pulled it from an attic in the mechanics/tow business' attic. I recall one employee, manager could not figure out why he bought it. The business did not need it and he used it for a few days and then put it in the attic/storage. BF knows how to spend other people's money and to get out of paying it back.

I would not make too much of his wife's actions. There are lots of weak, crappy women out there..

Saw "Disappeared" on the ID Channel and read Topix discussions. Unbelievable this case hasn't been solved. IMO..It's time will come, with new science techniques to analyze a speck of blood.

This case has always baffled me. Obviously there was no written agreement on the money Patti loaned her 'bf'. But, if her sister said Patti told her she was going on a weeklong vacay with this man, why wasn't it believed? Visions of this man killing her while she was hiding under the tarp in his truck haunt me.

There has got to be more info somewhere. Unless the police didn't recheck those tiny little so called blood spots on the tarp. They said they needed better blood testing technology. So, test it every year! Somehow, the authorites missed the boat at the time of the crime.

Very sad. This guy still lives there. Borrowed her money.. Got away without paying it back by murdering her. Police, strike when the iron is hot.. or even lukewarm!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24
Back