OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loomis, in fairness to you, I don't think you or the MSM reporter you are citing understood the meaning behind the language used in Indictments.

Except for Jake's Count 23 (sex with a minor), the Indictments of the W4 are identical. That is because they are being charged "as a Conspiracy".

To quote your post, "Also, to note in this article: Jake Wagner had a firearm and shot each of the victims. BINGO: JR shot Kenneth Rhoden"

No Bingo. The Indictments only infer that someone(s) in the named Conspiracy shot KR. Could be any one or a combination of those named in the Indictments.

JMO, MOO

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments.aspx

Just quoting the media, which is acceptable on WS.

Thanks for the reminder, Loomis! I'd forgotten that the prosecution said that "Jake Wagner had a firearm on the night of the murders and shot each of the eight victims! ". So he's the one who shot Kenny, I guess. He was shot only once.
He also shot the mother of his child. :mad: and the rest of the victims. I wonder if any of the other Wagner's had guns with them that night.
Talk about a Sociopath!

You're welcome. And this article is acceptable per WS rules.

Loomis
Do you think that George Wagner iv already new that his DNA was not there, because he had a look like (they set me up,) JMO
Isn't there in discovery documents the mention of a vehicle and forensic testing (as in blood testing) done on BW, GW4 AND JW. I believe it was a vehicle that the W's sold and LE I think, IIRC, went out of state to do search and testing. I don't recall whose discovery documents it was in, maybe all three?

I wonder, has anyone ever said if the W sons had ever helped mechanically with the cars the R's brought to fix? I don't recall ever reading that but with AW saying BW and CRSR were well aquainted maybe he was also around KR's place some or any of them could have been weed customers? That could account for Brownie maybe knowing KR's killer enough to calm down and maybe ask to be let out after barking a somebody's here warning?

I don't believe the Wagner's helped fix any cars sunshine. JMO

The dogs probably remembered Jake though, so IMO he would have had easier access to properties than the other 3.

I am one of those who believes that more were involved in the planning , just not involved in actual murders. But with no solid "proof " I will state this as JMO ;)

Last edited:
I don't believe the Wagner's helped fix any cars sunshine. JMO

The dogs probably remembered Jake though, so IMO he would have had easier access to properties than the other 3.

I am one of those who believes that more were involved in the planning , just not involved in actual murders. But with no solid "proof " I will state this as JMO ;)
I think that confidential informant mentioned by the state's prosecutor maybe finger someone else who was present when revenge was discussed because they witnessed it first hand. AJMO

Pike County murders: George Wagner IV ‘most vocal’ about DeWine revenge, prosecutors say

Isn't there in discovery documents the mention of a vehicle and forensic testing (as in blood testing) done on BW, GW4 AND JW. I believe it was a vehicle that the W's sold and LE I think, IIRC, went out of state to do search and testing. I don't recall whose discovery documents it was in, maybe all three?
Replying to myself because it's too late to edit.
It was In AW's discovery that a search of a truck is mentioned and then in BW, GW4 and JW it's mentioned their fingerprints were analyzed. Nothing about AW's prints.

Replying to myself because it's too late to edit.
It was In AW's discovery that a search of a truck is mentioned and then in BW, GW4 and JW it's mentioned their fingerprints were analyzed. Nothing about AW's prints.

But it's in her discovery. Perhaps she wore gloves that night. There is most likely other evidence that links her to the vehicle and crime scenes. It's possible she appears on security can video while driving, sitting in or exiting the vehicle at the crime scene.

As the old saying goes, absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. AW's discovery list of evidence is quite long, so it's safe to assume state has a lot of incriminating evidence against her.

All indications are that she was very involved in planning and helping carry out the massacre, as well as the cover up. She and JW did extensive news interviews and probably did much of the planting of false information and tips to ME and on social media. Don't forget all the work involved in forging custody docs.

This goes back to the filing of the charges by the grand jury. In Ohio, you are guilty of aggravated murder of you participated in any way. Whether you drove the getaway car or didn't shoot your weapon, you're still as guilty of aggravated murder as the people who pulled the trigger.

This comment isn't meant to address the news article mentioned above.

Link to Ohio Revised Code

Aggravated murder is 2903.01 (A)

A) No person shall purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the death of another

The 4 Wagners all face 8 counts of the above charge, among others.

Lawriter - ORC

JMO

Last edited:
But it's in her discovery. Perhaps she wore gloves that night. There is most likely other evidence that links her to the vehicle and crime scenes. It's possible she appears on security can video while driving, sitting in or exiting the vehicle at the crime scene.

As the old saying goes, absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. AW's discovery list of evidence is quite long, so it's safe to assume state has a lot of incriminating evidence against her.

All indications are that she was very involved in planning and helping carry out the massacre, as well as the cover up. She and JW did extensive news interviews and probably did much of the planting of false information and tips to ME and on social media. Don't forget all the work involved in forging custody docs.
I believe AW was the instigator of it all.

I was just rewatch the Oxygen Network 2019 show "The Piketon Family Murders" and at one point a young woman being interviewed, GW4's ex sister-in-law, says "AW and HR had bad blood after HR left JW for CG" (around 1 hr 46 mins in). Very different information than what AW is quoted saying about how much she loved HR.

Case Overview – PIKE COUNTY/RHODEN FAMILY MURDERS

Victims Murdered April 23, 2016

AE-Rhoden-Family-GettyImages-1061513230.jpg

3122 Union Hill Rd, Peebles, OH
⦁ Dana Rhoden, 37, shot 4 times in head, once under her chin
⦁ Hanna Mae Rhoden, 19, shot twice in the head while holding her 4 day old infant
⦁ Christopher Rhoden, Jr., 16, shot twice through top of head

4077 Union Hill Rd, Peebles, OH
⦁ Christopher Rhoden, Sr., 42, shot 9 times in face, forearm, torso
⦁ Gary Rhoden, 38, shot twice in the head at close range, once in the face

4199 Union Hill Rd, Peebles, OH
⦁ Hannah Gilley, 20, shot 4 times in head, once in eye; her 6 month old infant sleeping next to her
⦁ Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, shot twice in the head at close range

799 Left Fork Rd, Rarden, OH
⦁ Kenneth Rhoden, 44, shot once through right eye

Victim Biographies
Pike County shooting victims: A closer look at the 8 who died

Link to autopsy information
Rhoden family massacre: Preliminary autopsy reports reviewed

Accused - Wagner Family

rhoden_wagner_family_tree_oxygen.jpg

⦁ George W Wagner III – Father
⦁ Angela Jo Wanger – Mother
⦁ George W Wagner IV – Son
⦁ Edward “Jake” Wagner – Son
⦁ father of a child (Sophia, 4) with victim Hanna Mae Rhoden
⦁ Rita Jo Newcomb – Mother of Angela Jo Wagner (plea agreement)
⦁ Fredericka Wagner – Mother of George W Wagner III, owner Flying W Farms, Rarden, OH (charges dropped with prejudice)

Charges against Angela, George III, George IV and Edward “Jake” Wagner – filed November 14, 2018 22 counts
⦁ Aggravated Murder (8) w/ Death Penalty specifications
⦁ Aggravated Burglary (8) w/Death Penalty specifications
⦁ Conspiracy
⦁ Tampering with Evidence
⦁ Unlawful Possession of Dangerous Ordnance
⦁ Forgery
⦁ Unauthorized Use of Property
⦁ Interception of Wire, Oral or Electronic Communications
⦁ Obstructing Justice
⦁ Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity
⦁ Unlawful Sexual Conduct with a Minor (Jake Wagner only)

Link to Indictments for above
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments.aspx

Charges against Fredericka Wagner and Rita Jo Newcomb – filed November 14, 2018
⦁ Forgery (Rita Jo Newcomb only)
⦁ Obstructing Justice
⦁ Perjury

Link to Indictments for Rita Newcomb & Fredericka Wagner
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...ecutions/PikeCountyAdditionalIndictments.aspx

Link to Pike County Common Pleas Court Docket Site
https://pikecountycpcourt.org/eservices/home.page.2
2001 BW and AW Road Rage Incident with a .40 Caliber Glock Gun allegedly found in AW purse after BW had been brandishing weapon towards teenager and father. BW pled no contest and served no jail time/suspended sentence. AW charges dropped. BW's attorney now represents AW's mother in this case.

2002 BW and AW both convicted of Receiving Stolen Property in Ross County. Evidence seized in the case included “various items belonging to Kohl’s, Ollie’s, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Super K-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Sears, and Lowe’s.” Each were sentenced to 1 year community control and restitution to Sears and Lowes.

Father charged in Pike County murders had past brushes with law

(This is a Case Overview I wrote back in 2018. It's been updated to reflect the changes in the status of the cases of Fredericka Wagner and Rita Newcomb).

Last edited:
I believe AW was the instigator of it all.

I was just rewatch the Oxygen Network 2019 show "The Piketon Family Murders" and at one point a young woman being interviewed, GW4's ex sister-in-law, says "AW and HR had bad blood after HR left JW for CG" (around 1 hr 46 mins in). Very different information than what AW is quoted saying about how much she loved HR.

Wow! Thanks! I only watched it once because it seemed heavily slanted in favor of the alleged killers. But that is important information that Wagners were very upset that Hanna moved back home after tiring of Jake Wagner's violent behavior against her. Apparently, Wagners didn't think there was anything wrong with domestic violence, but feared it would cause them to lose access to their grandchild. I can see where AW would consider a family massacre to right that "wrong". The Wagners definitely lived by their own rules.

Loomis
Do you think that George Wagner iv already new that his DNA was not there, because he had a look like (they set me up,) JMO

Johnny, just my opinion, but I'm not convinced GWIV's DNA wasn't found at any of the crime scenes. AC just stated in court that the State did not intend to use DNA against him. JMO since I don't have the link to the hearing.

Case Overview – PIKE COUNTY/RHODEN FAMILY MURDERS

Victims Murdered April 23, 2016

AE-Rhoden-Family-GettyImages-1061513230.jpg

3122 Union Hill Rd, Peebles, OH
⦁ Dana Rhoden, 37, shot 4 times in head, once under her chin
⦁ Hanna Mae Rhoden, 19, shot twice in the head while holding her 4 day old infant
⦁ Christopher Rhoden, Jr., 16, shot twice through top of head

4077 Union Hill Rd, Peebles, OH
⦁ Christopher Rhoden, Sr., 42, shot 9 times in face, forearm, torso
⦁ Gary Rhoden, 38, shot twice in the head at close range, once in the face

4199 Union Hill Rd, Peebles, OH
⦁ Hannah Gilley, 20, shot 4 times in head, once in eye; her 6 month old infant sleeping next to her
⦁ Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, shot twice in the head at close range

799 Left Fork Rd, Rarden, OH
⦁ Kenneth Rhoden, 44, shot once through right eye

Victim Biographies
Pike County shooting victims: A closer look at the 8 who died

Link to autopsy information
Rhoden family massacre: Preliminary autopsy reports reviewed

Accused - Wagner Family

rhoden_wagner_family_tree_oxygen.jpg

⦁ George W Wagner III – Father
⦁ Angela Jo Wanger – Mother
⦁ George W Wagner IV – Son
⦁ Edward “Jake” Wagner – Son
⦁ father of a child (Sophia, 4) with victim Hanna Mae Rhoden
⦁ Rita Jo Newcomb – Mother of Angela Jo Wagner (plea agreement)
⦁ Fredericka Wagner – Mother of George W Wagner III, owner Flying W Farms, Rarden, OH (charges dropped with prejudice)

Charges against Angela, George III, George IV and Edward “Jake” Wagner – filed November 14, 2018 22 counts
⦁ Aggravated Murder (8) w/ Death Penalty specifications
⦁ Aggravated Burglary (8) w/Death Penalty specifications
⦁ Conspiracy
⦁ Tampering with Evidence
⦁ Unlawful Possession of Dangerous Ordnance
⦁ Forgery
⦁ Unauthorized Use of Property
⦁ Interception of Wire, Oral or Electronic Communications
⦁ Obstructing Justice
⦁ Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity
⦁ Unlawful Sexual Conduct with a Minor (Jake Wagner only)

Link to Indictments for above

Charges against Fredericka Wagner and Rita Jo Newcomb – filed November 14, 2018
⦁ Forgery (Rita Jo Newcomb only)
⦁ Obstructing Justice
⦁ Perjury

Link to Indictments for Rita Newcomb & Fredericka Wagner
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...ecutions/PikeCountyAdditionalIndictments.aspx

Link to Pike County Common Pleas Court Docket Site
https://pikecountycpcourt.org/eservices/home.page.2
2001 BW and AW Road Rage Incident with a .40 Caliber Glock Gun allegedly found in AW purse after BW had been brandishing weapon towards teenager and father. BW pled no contest and served no jail time/suspended sentence. AW charges dropped. BW's attorney now represents AW's mother in this case.

2002 BW and AW both convicted of Receiving Stolen Property in Ross County. Evidence seized in the case included “various items belonging to Kohl’s, Ollie’s, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Super K-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Sears, and Lowe’s.” Each were sentenced to 1 year community control and restitution to Sears and Lowes.

Father charged in Pike County murders had past brushes with law

(This is a Case Overview I wrote back in 2018. It's been updated to reflect the changes in the status of the cases of Fredericka Wagner and Rita Newcomb).

Thanks, Betty. This is very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member