OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is different. This is how it's listed on the court site for Jake, listed 3X's in a row.
Must be 3 Motions, then another Motion the next day for a total of 4 Motions is my guess:

WAGNER, EDWARD JACOB

09/21/2020 09:00 AM MOTION HEARING DEERING, RANDY D
09/22/2020 09:00 AM MOTION HEARING DEERING, RANDY D

My guess only, is these 4 Motions:

06/22/2020 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF BALLISTICS EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS (MOTION 47) FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

06/22/2020 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF SHOEPRINT EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS (MOTION 48) FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

06/22/2020 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF ANY WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS THE STATE INTENDS TO PRESENT IN ITS CASE IN CHIEF (MOTION 49) FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

06/22/2020 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF ANY NON-TESTIFYING CO-DEFENDANT STATEMENTS THE STATE INTENDS TO PRESENT IN ITS CASE IN CHIEF (MOTION 50) FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

This is different. This is how it's listed on the court site for Jake, listed 3X's in a row.
Must be 3 Motions, then another Motion the next day for a total of 4 Motions is my guess:

WAGNER, EDWARD JACOB

06/22/2020 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF BALLISTICS EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS (MOTION 47) FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

06/22/2020 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF SHOEPRINT EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS (MOTION 48) FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

06/22/2020 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF ANY WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS THE STATE INTENDS TO PRESENT IN ITS CASE IN CHIEF (MOTION 49) FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

06/22/2020 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF ANY NON-TESTIFYING CO-DEFENDANT STATEMENTS THE STATE INTENDS TO PRESENT IN ITS CASE IN CHIEF (MOTION 50) FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

Wow. Thanks, CC! I hope this means new information will be shared. Do you know if any witnesses will testify?

Wow. Thanks, CC! I hope this means new information will be shared. Do you know if any witnesses will testify?

We can tell if a witness will be called usually by checking the Court Docket to see if anyone has been subpoenaed. Like we saw Scheiderer had been served with a subpoena before GW4's Bond Hearing. So I don't think any witnesses will be testifying because I don't see any subpoenas listed.

So I looked again at the Court Docket and I realize that my guess could be wrong about the 4 Motions I think will be argued at Jake's hearings. I just noticed these 4 Motions are the last filed. Sorry :oops: I might have been too hasty and mistaken in my assumptions and maybe these 4 Motions will be argued instead of the previous 4 I mentioned earlier:

09/02/2020 DEFENDANT'S MOTION NO 52--DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER REQUIRING THE PROSECUTION TO PROVIDE A TRANSCRIPT OF AUDIO RECORDINGS IT INTENDS TO INTRODUCE AT TRIAL

09/02/2020 DEFENDANT'S MOTION NO 53--DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER COMPELLING THE STATE OF OHIO TO PROVIDE THE DEFENDANT WITH ALL FORSENIC EXPERT REPORTS AND UNDERLYING DATA

09/04/2020 MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME FOR FILING OF NOTICE FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

09/14/2020 DEFENDANT'S MOTION NO. 51 NOTICE OF AN ACTUAL CONFLICT AND MOTION TO REVOKE ANDREW WILSON'S APPOINTMENT AS SPECIAL PROSECUTING ATTORNEY

Tomorrow we should find out which Motions will be argued. I was really hoping it would be the first 4 Motions I mentioned, wishful thinking...o_O

Last edited:
This post is just an opinion about this Motion. Just opinion only.

So what appears to have happened is that the Wagners left Ohio and went out west and while they were gone, on March 12 and 13, 2017 BCI searched Jake's truck that was being stored with the trailers and they found the Walmart shoe receipt, in the tub with the forged custody documents, and then they verified Angie on Walmart security and compared the Walmart shoes with the shoe print evidence etc....

Then on May 21st, 2017 BCI got a hold of the Wagners on the Montana Canadian boarder before the Wagners could "get their stories straight" with each other.

They confronted Angie about buying the shoes, without giving her time to think about it, and she should have refused to answer but instead she
admitted she bought them for GW4 and Jake.

Confronted about where the shoes were she could have said she lost them and forgot about them but with BCI catching her off guard like that, she responded that she had shown them to Jake and GW4 and they did not like them so she threw them away.

This is not believable, we are talking about a lady who made her living selling things through Facebook, everything from animals to vehicles to used toys.

So then BCI confronted Jake and GW4 the same way they confronted Angie and they both denied having ever seen the shoes. They distanced themselves as far as
possible from the shoes their mom says she bought for them.

So my guess is that Angie's statement about the shoes is one of the
NON-TESTIFYING CO-DEFENDANT STATEMENTS that Jake's attorneys will try to get thrown out.

There just is no way to spin this to make it look good for Jake. Jake being tied to these shoes puts him at Chris Sr's home and prints were also found at Dana's. Not sure if Jake's size shoe can be tied into both of those crime scenes or just one but one is enough to make him look bad before the jury.

Opinion only from Scheiderer's cross examination.

WAGNER, EDWARD JACOB

I've set an alert notice on my computer to remind me of the hearing tomorrow. Otherwise I might forget, this one is pretty early in the day.

ETA: Tomorrow is also laundry day, so its something to do while I fold.

Last edited:
If the trials won't start for a year or more I just realized I might not live to see the trials or justice for the R's. Makes me sad.

Raisin, I will keep you in my prayers and also keep positive thoughts that whatever you have going on in life eases, and allows you to see these trials completed. Take care!

Raisin, I will keep you in my prayers and also keep positive thoughts that whatever you have going on in life eases, and allows you to see these trials completed. Take care!
I got a question to ask you????
The reason Billy Wagner was found to have the phone excel spreadsheet close to BBL was related to the undercurrent of drugs that Mike DeWine spike of? JMO

I got a question to ask you????
The reason Billy Wagner was found to have the phone excel spreadsheet close to BBL was related to the undercurrent of drugs that Mike DeWine spike of? JMO

Johnny I would love to answer your questions but since I cannot back up what I say with "PROOF" or links it's not allowed on here. Sorry!

O/T

Thank you for the prayers. Same old heart problems that run heavy through my family. I just got up a week or so ago after a month's bed rest. The cardiologist said I may have a couple more years anyway. At least they haven't mentioned cutting my heart open like they just did to my older sister a few months ago and my 6 year old great niece a month ago. This is her 5th open heart surgery since she was born 6 years ago. But at least she is still alive. I lost 4 children to the same heart defect when they were babies. Dr's didn't know how to even operate on the babies heart back when mine were born.

JMO

O/T

Thank you for the prayers. Same old heart problems that run heavy through my family. I just got up a week or so ago after a month's bed rest. The cardiologist said I may have a couple more years anyway. At least they haven't mentioned cutting my heart open like they just did to my older sister a few months ago and my 6 year old great niece a month ago. This is her 5th open heart surgery since she was born 6 years ago. But at least she is still alive. I lost 4 children to the same heart defect when they were babies. Dr's didn't know how to even operate on the babies heart back when mine were born.

JMO

I hate to hear that. So much to go through for you. Doctor's aren't the final say IMO as to when we depart from this life, that's up to our creator.

I just lost my cousin to heart complications last month and she was only in her mid 40's. You need to continue taking it easy and rest as much as needed.

I know there is really not much I can do for you from miles away, but if I could I surely would.

Sorry I need to run but I need sleep in a bad way. HUG'S sent your way! :)

A bit long, but I'll be shortening it up a bit.

Monday, September 21st:
*Pretrial & Motions Hearing (Day 1 of 2) (@ 9am ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) for *Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner (26/now 27) (former boyfriend of Hanna) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/27/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity & 1 count of 4th degree unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. (He’s accused of engaging in sexual contact with Hanna Rhoden when she was 15 & he was 20). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP.
Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (age 40): Nine shots (face, torso, extremities). He suffered was an apparent defensive wound to his right forearm that shattered bone. Also, at least one bullet went through a door before hitting him.
Dana Rhoden (age 37): Five (head). Methodically shot four times around the right side of her head & a fifth time under her chin.
Hannah Gilley (age 20): Five (head). Among the five bullet wounds to Gilley was one to her left eye.
Christopher Rhoden, Jr. (age 16): Four (head). With 2 of the shots in the top of his head.
Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden (age 20): Three (head). Two were “contact wounds” as indicated by soot from the gun on his skull.
Gary Rhoden (age 37): Three “contact” wounds (head). Shot twice in the head & once in the face. With one of the shots, the reports indicate the gun was pressed against the side of his head, leaving a "muzzle stain."
Hanna Rhoden (19): Two (head).
Kenneth Rhoden (age 44): One shot (thru right eye).
All eight victims were shot with the gun barrel touching their skin or very, very close to it – just centimeters or inches away, the coroner determined.

Court hearings from 11/27/18 thru 3/14/20 reference post #1051 here:
OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

4/14/20: DA files joint motion for continuance due to coronavirus. Rescheduled for 6/22 at 10am. 6/4/20 Update: Motion to Appoint special prosecutor filed by DA Robert Junk; Appointed special prosecutor, Angela Canepa. 6/19/20: Motion to withdraw appearance of counsel filed-Attorney: Carol Hamilton O’Brien.
6/22/20 Update: Judge giving a summary of what went on before COVID 19, mentioned meeting with evidence organizer. Canepa now talking about individual hard drives and master hard drive for organizing discovery. Provided all dates for when all of those discoveries were provided to defense. Discovery is complete if Master Hard drive and shared hard drive match. If not it will be fixed. Judge discussing evidence hearing with 21st of September a deadline to finalize some evidence on drives. Judge discussing withdrawal of appearance of O'Brien. Junk is saying the AG's office is withdrawing from managing the case. That's why AC moved to Pike Co. AG's office is busy on other stuff I guess, but they will still assist. Judge asking O'Brien if any other evidence comes up to AG that PC prosecutor needs, they will turn it over. Judge grants AG request to withdraw from Jake's case. He will address other cases separately. a third public defender, John Cornley, has joined Jake's defense team. Prosecution team now comprised of Pike Co. Prosecutor Rob Junk, Angie Canepa & Andy Wilson. His next hearing is scheduled for Sept. 21 (from 9am to 4pm). Motion #47: State's memo contra: Defendant's motion in Limine requesting a pretrial evidentiary hearing to determine the admissibility of ballistics evidence & opinions; Motion #48: admissibility of shoe print evidence & opinions; Motion #49: admissibility of any written communications the State intends to present in its case in chief & Motion #50: admissibility of any non-testifying co-defendant statements the State intends to present in its case in chief all filed by Robert Junk. 6/24/20: Entry appointing Special Prosecutor, D. Andrew Wilson to assist the Pike County prosecutor in the prosecution of all matters involving & arising out of this case. And pretrial & Motions hearing on 9/22/20.
9/4/20: Motion for extension of time for filing of notice filed by attorney Robert Junk. 9/14/20: Defendant's Motion #51 Notice of an actual conflict & Motion to revoke Andrew Wilson's appointment as special prosecuting attorney.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 49) – Pretrial hearing on 6/24/20. No update as of 9/21/20.
*George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 28) – Bond hearing on 8/31/20. No update as of 9/21/20.
*George Washington Wagner III (47/now 49) – Evidentiary hearing on 9/8/20. No update as of 9/21/20.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 66) – Motion hearing on 12/2//19 entered a plea of guilty. Will testify at the trials. No further court dates yet as of 9/21/20.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) – 6/26/19: Charges were dismissed without prejudice.

Judge to hear motions on evidence in Jake Wagner murder case

Live video at link

Another link:

Watch Live: Hearing for Suspect in Pike County Massacre

Just running the test screen

Ok, now its showing the court room. In this video, the camera is positioned in the galley, facing the bench. Interesting.

The defense and prosecution tables are also positioned differently. They're facing each other on opposite sides of the room, perpendicular to the judge's bench.

Perhaps this is new configuration helps protect social distancing while the witness testifies and counsel and prosecution ask questions.

Last edited:
TY.
I haven't watched in a while.
Is that a new courtroom set up?
It is very different.
Hope audio is as good as possible.

Yes, new courtroom setup. Probably to accomodate witness testimony on the stand while keeping distances safe for COVID 19.

Family members coming into the courtroom on the prosecution side. Just saw Len Manley and others. Camera is now behind all of them. Some turning around to look at the camera, so we're waving "hi"!:)

Jake and all the attorneys are in the courtroom now, but so far there's no audio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member