OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

:):)

YES! I could tell by that guys demeanor that he knew exactly what he was doing! They were waiting on a chance to do that .. I am behind them 100%

IMHO-IIRC, when we first learned that Judge Deering would allow witnesses to opt out, it was in an article that AW and JW would be opting out. I'm pretty sure it was posted on here (not by me), but I made areply to it questioning if it would just be AW and JW or others too.
IMHO-they really will both opt out because they don't want SW to be able to look their testimony up when she is old enough to do so on her own. Again, that is just IMO.
It's sad to think what she was told by the Wagner's and what she really does know now even though she is still so young.
I often wonder how she will handle that as she gets older and is old enough to decide about visiting them if they are still alive in prison. ):

After reading that, it looks like he was acting within the previous rulings on the subject, and not simply taking matters into his own hands as a rogue act.

The paragraph below is interesting...

In addition, the doors to the courtroom have been “locked” by armed deputies and state officers who refuse to allow the media — or the general public — to enter the courtroom unless the court is in recess, despite court personnel, family members, and advocates freely coming-and-going.

Last edited:
I'm upset we can't at least hear audio. Upset alot. So I try to hope the reporters get it right.

I want to buy J and A's trial transcripts but hope I wouldn't be forced to buy the entire trial transcripts. Too expensive to buy weeks and weeks of trial transcripts. I don't need transcripts for the entire trial.
Cat, you find out how much and I bet all of us are able to donate enough to cover it. There are many of us here that very much want to know every word they say. I so wish they opt in. It will be such a let down if they don't.

After reading that, it looks like he was acting within the previous rulings on the subject, and not simply taking matters into his own hands as a rogue act.

The paragraph below is interesting...

In addition, the doors to the courtroom have been “locked” by armed deputies and state officers who refuse to allow the media — or the general public — to enter the courtroom unless the court is in recess, despite court personnel, family members, and advocates freely coming-and-going.

That's my interpretation too. :D

I have a question that I can’t find the answer too. I could have sworn I read that George will not be testifying. But now I can’t find anything when I google that says he won’t be and I’m wondering/hoping he might take the stand. Has anyone heard if he for sure will not be testifying?

I have a question that I can’t find the answer too. I could have sworn I read that George will not be testifying. But now I can’t find anything when I google that says he won’t be and I’m wondering/hoping he might take the stand. Has anyone heard if he for sure will not be testifying?
Too soon to tell. We wont know until the prosecutors rest and the D has the ball

Angenette Levy
@Angenette5
·
Oct 14
Eveslage says George Wagner IV had block Frankie Rhoden, his ex-wife Tabi Claytor, Hanna May Rhoden and Chris Rhoden, Jr.
@LawCrimeNetwork

Jake Wagner tattoos from his Facebook page.
@LawCrimeNetwork
Angenette Levy
@Angenette5
·
Oct 14
Billy Wagner's tattoo from after the homicides. A scorpion on his right index finger. It had 8 notches on it
@LawCrimeNetwork
OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV <-- I assume Jake and Angela will testify about these tattoos and the meaning?

Oct 14
Replying to
@Angenette5
George Wagner's tattoo with the skull with an 8 ball in its mouth after the homicides.
@LawCrimeNetwork

Oct 14
Eveslage said they took an interest in Billy, Jake and George getting tattoos a month after the murders. This was discussed among family members in text messages
@LawCrimeNetwork
OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV

Julia Eveslage said they received victim Facebook info in late 2016, Wagner in 2017. She says it showed Angela Wagner had blocked Frankie and Hanna Rhoden and Hannah Hazel Gilley. Dana Rhoden had blocked Angela Wagner.
@LawCrimeNetwork

I wonder when they blocked them? If you block someone on FB, you can't read their FB even if it's public, nor can they read yours. They are invisible to you at that point. Even if you do a search and their posts are public. I've been through this... The W4 aren't the only crazy cult-ish family in these here hills.

I don't have a link b/c it flashed up on the bar, on WCPO9, as I was watching the trial, last Tues. the 11th (I think).

"Media filed a motion that JW and AW not be permitted to opt out. Judge over ruled. The forms to be filed to opt out are completed right before testimony (per wcpo9)"

Good grief, what tripe! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Notice none of the other reporters are getting the vapors over this. Most of what he reported isn’t even accurate.

I am wondering about Jake and Angela's upcoming testimony. I believe part of the plea bargain is they have to testify to the satisfaction of the prosecution. I wonder if the prosecution can legally at this point say....your testimony has to be on audio and video for us to be satisfied. In other words, not just getting up on the stand and telling the truth about the murder of 8 people, but also that testimony has to be on audio and video recording for the prosecution. Just curious.

I am wondering about Jake and Angela's upcoming testimony. I believe part of the plea bargain is they have to testify to the satisfaction of the prosecution. I wonder if the prosecution can legally at this point say....your testimony has to be on audio and video for us to be satisfied. In other words, not just getting up on the stand and telling the truth about the murder of 8 people, but also that testimony has to be on audio and video recording for the prosecution. Just curious.

At their pre-trial hearings, both of them gave their confessions live, on camera. You can find video of them doing so, probably on YouTube. I suspect they will do the same with this testimony.

As for the Scioto Valley Blogger guy, if the latest ruling was in his favor about showing gory, graphic crime scene photos, why is he complaining? He's free to do that now.

IMHO-IIRC, when we first learned that Judge Deering would allow witnesses to opt out, it was in an article that AW and JW would be opting out. I'm pretty sure it was posted on here (not by me), but I made areply to it questioning if it would just be AW and JW or others too.
IMHO-they really will both opt out because they don't want SW to be able to look their testimony up when she is old enough to do so on her own. Again, that is just IMO.
It's sad to think what she was told by the Wagner's and what she really does know now even though she is still so young.
I often wonder how she will handle that as she gets older and is old enough to decide about visiting them if they are still alive in prison. ):
But remember, she was 3 when Wagner's were arrested. It's unlikely she'll have any vivid memories of her immediate family at all. Hopefully, she's gotten counseling, but she may have been shielded from most everything and be completely unaware at this time. When she does reach the age where she begins to question things all she'll really have are cold hard facts. I can't imagine anyone wanting to get to know people who massacred any family let alone her own.

From the link:

"The filming, videotaping, recording, or taking of photographs of victims or witnesses who object shall not be permitted," reads the Ohio State Supreme Court's rules.

The court's rules leave the determination on how to handle that right up to each individual judge presiding over trials throughout the state of Ohio.
-------
Several media outlets covering the trial, including WCPO, jointly filed a motion to request that the state's main witnesses, the defendant's brother Jake and mother Angela, be denied the ability to opt out of being recorded while they testify.

Both the prosecution and the defense requested the state deny the motion and, ultimately, Deering did deny it.

Witnesses are given a paper form before they're called, where they can check whether they consent to be fully recorded, whether they consent to only have their audio recorded or whether they do not consent to any form of recording during their testimony. (copy of form in link)

Here's why you won't see every witness testify during the Pike County murder trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360