OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW Angela is a piece of work!

This is 1 year post these murders and she says the Rhodens (edited to add I guess she is referring to the Manley's specifically in this conversation) are "white trash living in trailers" and accuses them of pointing the finger at the Wagner's because they want Sophia for the insurance money? Like $65,000.

James Pilcher

@jamespilcher
·
38m

Angela says Rita needs to call in and say this is Leonard Manley's doing - he's after the money. They are all "white trash" and they want insurance money and Sophia's benefits worth $50-60k a year.
@local12

Wow. Just as most of us here thought from early on in the investigation. It was the Wagners spamming BCI with tips accusing the Manleys. This should be very helpful to the Manleys in their civil suit against the Wagners.

Wagners are evil, disgusting people. JMO

Agree; RN wasn't duped. A notary (which I've been) is certifying the signature, with appropriate ID and in-person, of a document. And she KNEW HR wasn't in attendance when notarized. Therefore, a forged document. She was fully aware.
I'm seeing it farther than that, I think RN knew at that point in her heart that the W's killed the R's. AJMO

I was especially upset when RN said about HR's signature being pointed out by BCI as being smaller than what was in the documents that had RN's notary stamp. Rita just matter-of-factly stated that she told the BCI HR was right there with her when those were signed. The manner with which she said that, in talking to AW, really sounded like she was all in...for whatever reason.

It had to be obvious to RN, after that BCI visit and show and tell to her, that AW had messed up with forging HR's signature. How could this woman not suspect that one of the W4 had done more against the R's, HR in particular, than she was being told? She just was going along with it all...she wasn't duped. AJMO
Yes. In her own trial RN was hostile and uncooperative, until her attorneys talked to her and she took a plea deal. It was probably the best decision she could have made, but someone had talked her into fighting it in court. Cost her a lot of money.

not sure if this question has been answered or not, but here it goes

I know Jake and Angela were given the option to opt out of audio and video when testifying, and, have heard people say that yes, they have opted out, but have not seen anything concrete as to what some are saying. anyone know for sure and are there any articles or news reports that state that?
It is all speculation like much of the chatter concerning this trial. Nothing is official until they sign the document opting in or out, as far as I understand.

Different people hear and view things differently. This trial and the good people on this site are prime examples of differing views.

Yes. In her own trial RN was hostile and uncooperative, until her attorneys talked to her and she took a plea deal. It was probably the best decision she could have made, but someone had talked her into fighting it in court. Cost her a lot of money.
Was it RN who forged the signatures on custody documents or was it AW? I have forgotten the role RN played.

And a mobile home where the seller explains (truthfully?) that the banks are refusing to approve prospective buyers' mortgage loans. That would be something that would give clear minded people a big pause to further investigate the property rather than sign a lease and come up with a security deposit. Is the home safe? After all, she plans on moving small children into the house. This purchase is a desperate, flying by the seat of her pants move on her part and GW just goes with the flow....
(IMO)
In my younger years when married we purchased an old home. It wasn't bank approved, therefore, we HAD to purchase on a land contract.
The well for the home was just a dugout hole with the pump lowered in. In other words, the bank said it wasn't up to code.
During winter months we'd hang a light bulb down the hold to keep it from freezing up.
Two years after we moved in we brought the pump inside the home so it could sell via bank.

Listening to recorded phone calls - I am amazed at the anger of each of the Wagners at neighbors, investigators, etc.
It was this anger that lead to 8 innocent lives murdered in cold blood. The Rhoden and Gilley family's have suffered immeasurably at the hands of the W4, over custody of a child and any benefits they could collect from the gov.

I'm seeing it farther than that, I think RN knew at that point in her heart that the W's killed the R's. AJMO
Didn't she testify last week that she didn't believe it until Jake & AW confessed? These people stayed in denial for a very long time. George and Billy are still in denial, even though they participated in the murders.

JMO, their denial is that "The victims deserved it. If you were in our shoes, you would have done the same."

So this witness can't or doesn't want to fly down for this?

Is this witness going to say Jake is one way and George is a good old boy and an amazing guy, never angry, etc.

Sounds like a character witness and not someone that has actual evidence to prove George's innocence.

Back in court in #pikecounty where it appears the prosecution is beginning (??) the long process of tying the ends together in the #georgewagnerIV trial in the 2016 slayings of the #rhoden family.

Jurors this morning heard 13 recordings during which authorities either bugged the Wagner's vehicle and/or were intercepting their calls and text messages in May and June 2017.

The first and longest was captured in on May 21, 2017 after authorities stopped the Wagner at the Canada board with Montana to question the family. They also installed a body wire in the truck and a second device Ohio authorities could activate and record from Ohio.

This according to Julia Eveslage, BCI criminal intelligence analyst. The audio quality is poor; but George Wagner IV voices concern that his ex-wife saw their son at the border crossing. "I'm going to bring all hell ... " if that happened.

In the other calls, authorities were legally intercepting calls and text messages between the Wagners and in one case, the current owner of their former Peebles farm, where BCI agents were continuing to search.

George to his mother, Angela, in a call on June 15, 2017 at 5:44 p.m.: "Apparently, they are digging up the place." She asks him where and he responds, saying by the barn and house. Angela: "What the heck do you think they are looking for?”
That call is followed by a series between family members about the search, which a BCI agent testified last week uncovered spent shell casings that match several firearms on a list of guns found on Jake Wagner's phone. "They are a bunch of idiots," one of the Wagners said.

"It's a load of crap. How do they think they will get away with that?" Another responds. In calls placed later that same day, Angela Wanger talks to both her sons describing property she toured in Kenai, Alaska where the family moved in 2017.

She said that homeowner wants to sell the property, which includes a house built over a trailer for $180,000, but they will rent it first for $975/month in George's name and using his credit.

The next day, Angela Wagner's mother Rita Newcomb calls her daughter and tells her the evidence they have against the family (shoe prints and ballistics). She also discusses the forged custody documents.

Three days later, on June 19, 2017, Newcomb calls to tell her about the press release the Ohio Attorney general put out asking for information about the family. "Mom ... tell them we didn't do it ... they need to stop because they are ruining our lives."

Wagner tells Newcomb to call the BCI tip line and say Leonard Manley (the father of victim Dana Manley and grandfather to three other victims) was involved, implying he wanted $50,000 in insurance money. https://twitter.com/chrisgraves

Afternoon thread from Pike Co. murder trial of George Wagner IV. They played three more phone calls - one from Jake and two from George

George called Randa Hughes and told her to tell Chris Newcomb not to cooperate with BCI. And then George calls Chris to tell him the same thing twice - and not to talk about anything George may have bought or sold.

Now onto the laptop that was seized at the border. Eveslage says thousands of images and screenshots.

1300 Facebook messenger screenshots, especially between Tabitha and her mother and anything to do with Wagner family.

Also screenshots of messages from Hanna Rhoden to Tabitha (George's ex-wife) and her mother Tess.

Here’s the screenshot of that message from Hanna Rhoden saying “kill me first” just a half hour after last message sent https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

Now introducing the search history of the laptop - shows the alleged forged custody forms that were printed came from a specific search just weeks before the murders. Were also printed at that time - looked at printer spool history.

Jake's phone backups also showed web searches for a Colt 1911 gun and magazines

As well as a "solvent catcher" which were thought to also be used as a suppressor as silencer

Also found a search and hit for the "ding dong" scene from Boonedock Saints 2 done the night of the murders - also a picture of a Colt 1911 .22 - the kind use in the murders

Pictures from Jake’s phone of gun and hand holding it https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

Done with direct testimony. Now on to defense cross.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member