OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
James Pilcher
@jamespilcher
·
6m

As well as a "solvent catcher" which were thought to also be used as a suppressor as silencer
@local12

James Pilcher

@jamespilcher
·
1m

Also found a search and hit for the "ding dong" scene from Boonedock Saints 2 done the night of the murders - also a picture of a Colt 1911 .22 - the kind use in the murders
@local12

Sickening.
@jamespilcher
and
@Local12
George called Randa Hughes and told her to tell Chris Newcomb not to cooperate with BCI. And then George calls Chris to tell him the same thing twice - and not to talk about anything George may have bought or sold.
@local12

And talking down to her and trying to put words in her mouth. I really dislike this method of questioning. He is trying to play dumb with the questions, but then he jumps in and acts like he knows more than her.
Yes, patronizing, while using slightly intimidating body language.

IOW, a typical day with the boss back in the corporate world, haha.

Last edited:
So his point asking her about how many phone calls would be what? Is he suggesting they picked these incriminating conversations while not playing conversations that had nothing to do with the case? That because they have hundreds of innocent conversation it makes up for what is said on some of these incriminating ones? I don't get it. Just trying to distract the jury with the hoopla.

They just had an entire lunch break to have this darn recording ready. Didn't they also know this before when they met before the jury returned earlier? They talked about this very thing that they needed to produce the recording if they wanted to play it. Now here we are after an hour + long lunch break and they need a break to get this ready?

@chrisgraves
·
1h

Replying to
@chrisgraves
Jurors this morning heard 13 recordings during which authorities either bugged the Wagner's vehicle and/or were intercepting their calls and text messages in May and June 2017. 2/12
@chrisgraves
·
1h

The first and longest was captured in on May 21, 2017 after authorities stopped the Wagner at the Canada board with Montana to question the family. They also installed a body wire in the truck and a second device Ohio authorities could activate and record from Ohio. 3/12

So his point asking her about how many phone calls would be what? Is he suggesting they picked these incriminating conversations while not playing conversations that had nothing to do with the case? That because they have hundreds of innocent conversation it makes up for what is said on some of these incriminating ones? I don't get it. Just trying to distract the jury with the hoopla.

They just had an entire lunch break to have this darn recording ready. Didn't they also know this before when they met before the jury returned earlier? They talked about this very thing that they needed to produce the recording if they wanted to play it. Now here we are after an hour + long lunch break and they need a break to get this ready?

Typical for this defense team. It's a feature, not a bug. Smoke and mirrors to try to make the jury forget what they just heard. In pretrial they weren't in front of a jury, but they did the same thing in playing for the news media.

To date, they've filed 113 Motions in George's case. I didn't keep score, but IIRC, most of them were overruled by Judge Deering. A lot were redundant, baseless. Their latest motion was filed today, cautionary instruction about not wanting the state to use transcripts to go along with the recordings. That's a rare one they won some modification.

Last edited:

Below was published Dec 19, 2019 - RN's plea deal

......Rita Jo Newcomb, 66, faced the possibility of prison time if convicted of obstruction of justice, perjury and forgery. Newcomb was accused of forging documents that appointed a guardian for her two great-grandchildren. Newcomb agreed Monday to plead guilty to obstructing official business, a second-degree misdemeanor, in exchange for the felonies being dismissed.

"Ms. Newcomb was charged with three counts of forgery regarding three separate custody documents that are at issue in this case,” said Assistant Attorney General Angie Canepa during the hearing. “At this time, she has acknowledged to us that she, in fact, was not the individual who signed those documents using her name.”...

Canepa added that a handwriting analyst determined the documents were likely not signed by Newcomb and that she lied at the request of her daughter, Angela Wagner, as investigators looked into her family’s potential role in the murders.

Geez it sure sounds like George and his dad have a horrible relationship to me. ;)

Now he says the Canadian border patrol looked like a Ohio person and not a Canadian. LOL

And he noticed every gun every border patrol agent had and this one had a glock and not a whatever it was the other border patrol had. Man he's paranoid! LOL

Ole Billy is trying to get off this conversation isn't he. Ha

Not sure how this is helping the defense.

And done for the day.

I feel like ALL of this should have been decided and done BEFORE the trial started. We didn't even get through one witness today and all the objections and jury needs to leave for a break bull.. this trial will go into December at this rate.

I don't know the point in playing the entire audio other than delay and distract. Definitely doesnt appear to be any family issues.

moo

Defense will appeal based on the judge allowing them to play incriminating statements by their client. Moo

and moo lol

edit: That infamous website was mentioned again earlier.

moo

Defense will appeal based on the judge allowing them to play incriminating statements by their client. Moo

and moo lol
I mean hard to appeal based on something you requested isn't it? I don't know it's just ridiculous to me that this is an issue now and not before this all started.

RE: that website mentioned earlier and again.. it's starting to sound like the W's were on that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly