OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #79

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/Angenette5

Getting ready to go to the courtroom. No phones or computers allowed. Will tweet updates during the break. OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV

MORNING BREAK IN OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV. Angie Canepa took Jake Wagner back to 4:30-is A.M. on April 22, 2016. Jake says they pulled the truck into the new barn and took off all of their clothes, floor mats, ski masks, shoes, etc.

Jake said he went in the house in his boxers and got "redressed." Put clothes, shoes, victims' cell phones into an old food trough to burn. Used a grinder to cut up the 3 guns and then partially destroyed with a torch.

Put gun parts in a duffle bag and buried in a post hole in the new barn. The stalls weren't yet built at that point. Before Billy Wagner left with the truck, Jake said he and "my brother" lifted the false bed out of the truck and disassembled it.

Jake said he didn't know until months later where Billy Wagner had taken the truck. As far as the hole under the pole in the barn goes, Jake said "my brother" helped dig the hole. Angie Canepa ask him to describe GW4's strength.

Jake smiles and said "in metaphorical terms, I always described him as strong as a bull ox." After daylight, Jake says he burned the clothes, phones, shell casings shoes, etc in the trough. He said he added fuel to it.

As far as the guns go, "I remember cutting at least two of them in half. Maybe thirds." Jake said he was focused on melting serial numbers and firing pins because of forensics. He put the ashes from burned items in a Rumpke dumpster.

Jake and GW4 went to a building Angela bought to sell for a profit but forgot their chainsaw. Went home, got a call from Andrew Carson asking if he knew what happened. Got home, he, GW4 and mom and dad watched the news about murders

Jake said he called Brentley's mom, Chelsea Robinson, to check on Kylie and Ruger. Jake said he went to Adams Co. Hospital. He talked to April Manley. He wanted to take care of Kylie - not for custody.

Later, Jake said he and GW4 built a goose house for grandpa Wagner. He and Billy put the guns and hunting knife in concrete buckets to use for anchors. Placed in lake at Flying W. More later

Thank you. But I am still confused. Did Jake's proffer help GW at all? TIA.
Yes. If GW4 had opted to take a plea deal, he would have gotten LWOP.

It was designed to be a family offer, so to speak. Everyone take a plea deal and get LWOP. In AW's case, she negotiated for less.

If GW4's attorneys had entered into plea negotiations back then, he could have negotiated for less or at max, LWOP. Once he goes to trial, he's at the mercy of the jury to determine guilt for the charges and Judge Deering to determine the sentence w/ max of DP.

I will when arielilane finishes, if she didn't get it. It's tedious & she could be trying to pull that one right now. We'll get it up though.
Thanks, I just tried and it was all messed up. I'm going to have to ask my son to teach me how

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/chrisgraves

Jake Wagner arrives for day 2 of testimony against his brother.

There's a line standing to get into the courtroom here in #pikeCounty this morning. First in: Family. Then: Media and then public after 8:45 a.m. it's first-come, whatever is left.

Jake Wagner details coming back from the homicides, taking off his clothes and burning them + cutting up the three firearms used and burying them in a duffle back in a barn on their former Peebles farm. 1/4

He said both he and his brother, George Wagner IV — who we described as a "strong bull ox" helped him dug the hole to bury the bag. He testified that his father was not there + had left that morning. He said he never saw the truck they used in the killings. 2/4

He also testified that he unburied the duffle bag at his father's direction and the two buried the firearm parts in 5-gallon buckets filled with concrete. Those were then affixed to the corner of a 4-foot-by-8-foot geese house as anchors and were dropped into a large pond 3/4

on his grandparent's property, the Flying W Farms. The geese has was either a father's day or birthday gift to his ailing grandfather, he testified. 4/4

It was designed to be a family offer, so to speak. Everyone take a plea deal and get LWOP. In AW's case, she negotiated for less.

If GW4's attorneys had entered into plea negotiations back then, he could have negotiated for less or at max, LWOP. Once he goes to trial, he's at the mercy of the jury to determine guilt for the charges and Judge Deering to determine the sentence w/ max of DP.
I'm just so confused on what George sentence can be and whether the DP is off the table or note. Some say no matter George isn't getting DP since Jake testifying to satisfy the Prosecutor. Others, say since George didn't take a plea he is facing DP. It's all confusing.

I had a few ancestors whose families moved from England, settled in Connecticut and Groton, MA, then later moved to New Hampshire, then Canada and down to an area about half an hour north/east of Pike County. One of their ancestors (a gr-gr-grandfather) tried to steal the Crown Jewels in London. Captain Thomas Blaud (Blood).

Ah yes from the mid 1600s I think. Bit of a rover and many dubious dealings. I think he came from Ireland. Digging back into my history lessons at school, a llllllong time ago. :rolleyes:

moo moo
Only looked into the live feed for a moment as they were showing the goose box and a bucket, but it looked like there was some sort of disturbance in the gallery.

Bailiff or deputy looked back, then Parker looked back, grabbed his glasses and looked back again. At some point Nash also looked. Bailiff slid his chair back slowly, got up and made his way toward the back of the courtroom. Then I turned off the tv.

moo moo
That was a reporter trying to jump the gun getting out, right after the LE went to get JW out of there and the two other at the back of courtroom came forward to see to GWIV...bailiff told reporter to sit down back down.

Hope this works

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisgraves

Thanks, I just tried and it was all messed up. I'm going to have to ask my son to teach me how

Pulling one is work enough to make sure you're capturing all the tweets without repeating but it gets really tedious when you're trying to do several people. I know people here are anxious to see them all but it's not like we're going right back in the courtroom. We have time & she will capture whatever is there. Arielilane is doing a great job! I had but one assignment & mine didn't show.

Does anyone happen to know why there is no court on Thursday? My apologies if this was already answered. I had to skip over several pages of the last thread and this one to get caught up to yesterday morning.

Thank you! That is how I understood it. But they media keeps reporting otherwise.

I don't know why but everyone keeps believing everything Jake says like it is the gospel truth.

JMO
The problem is we have only tweets to get the info. I think some tweets gets mixed up. I know Chris Sr place was locked and it was said Jake tossed the keys in and locked the door. Then when they were found that morning BJM knew where a key was so she was able to get in..

So I think it's possible the tweet saying he locked Dana's door was confused with Chris Sr.

If we had his actual voice to hear what he's saying it would be easier, but we just have these tweets that have been mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member