OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepper, I know what you mean but I still feel one of the four is gonna take a “shot” at getting out. The boys are not real bright & I think can be tripped up by slick LE. I also think DP scares the heck out of them.
Even if one rolls, I don’t expect it will help. I think he will still get lwop.
As I stated, the kicker is the lack of communication between them. It must be killing AW. Can’t you picture her on her bunk wondering what the boys are talking about?

Trudie do you know the W's personally? If so you should get verified as a Verified Insider.

JMO

Good question TRUDIE, but I had to stop following this case and only came back at the moment the arrests were announced. (Many of you know I lost everything in the Ventura Thomas fire of Dec. 2017 and shortly after, another 20+ lives lost in the landslides after the rain. My personal loss was nothing, absolutely nothing compared to the intentional taking of lives by perverted intentional violence.) There are so many other knowledgeable "day one" citizen sleuths who can answer that question better than me. My heart and kin has always been with the rural and peaceful memories I had of Ohio. (I originally was seduced with the idea of "drug revenge" as the impetus... perhaps others were too? Anyway, I feel like a total schmuck for believing some of the first reports.) Maybe they will post the answer tomorrow. IQuestion, just so much tragedy.

I believe LM pointed them to the W's. He said in one of the first interviews he gave that it was a custody issue, so I am assuming he told LE the same thing. I would think Kendra R would have been able to tell LE the same because apparently she was very close to HR.

JMo

Pray that their sentencing if convicted goes like the Oklahoma bomber, his death sentence was around a month after conviction!

O/T Yeah, I live close enough to OKC that the bomb blast was loud enough it rattled my windows. Oklahoma generally doesn't fool around with people on death row. But McVeigh was somewhat of a different case since he was tried and convicted in a federal court. The reason he was executed so soon after conviction is that he refused to appeal his sentence. Since he refused to appeal his sentence moved forward quickly.

I am very thankful for that since I stood in front of the Murrah building the day after the bombing along with many others, in total disbelief that anyone could be that much of a monster. It is a nightmare I will remember for the rest of my life. A long drawn out appeal would have caused the people of Oklahoma more pain.

JMO

JOHNNYBB Get out of my head!:D (making it hard to sleep) You are SO RIGHT about burying a vehicle. A person could hide a multitude of items in a buried semi container. (I bet survivalists do it all the time.) Do y'all remember the Schoenfeld brothers who, in their pre-planned kidnapping, buried a semi in an abandoned rock quarry? Scroll to the bottom of the story and you can actually see a picture of the buried truck being removed. " Officials remove a truck buried at a rock quarry in Livermore, Calif., ..."
https://www.nydailynews.com/.../calif-man-1976-school-bus-kidnapping-granted-par...
The Wags had the means to do about what they wanted.

Sort of OT, but, I read somewhere, that a family killed other members of the family, over custody of a child, and then buried them, in their vehicle...in the killers' back lot. LE didn't find them for decades and only found them because they arrested someone close to the family for something unrelated, and they ratted them out. An entire family kept that secret for over 20 years, iirc. I wish I could remember the names of the family and where it was. It seems like Raisin may have posted it at one time.

Wendy Camp, Cynthia Britto, and Lisa Kregear | Unsolved Mysteries Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

O/T Beverly Noe (grandmother of the child) and her mother Ida Prewitt (great grandmother of the child) killed the child's mother, 6 year old sister and aunt of the child. They buried them in a hole dug for a septic tank on a property in Pawnee County Ok. Beverly's brother eventually led investigators to the burial place 22 years later.

One thing of note, Ida Prewitt was suspected in the murder of her son in law who was found shot to death in his driveway three years before the Camp, Britto and Kregear murders. It was claimed that she and her daughter killed him because he was abusing the daughter.

This case is why I believed the Wagners were guilty and why I also believe that the R's murders were not their first murder.

JMO

By stalking the R's we see they're predators. They stalked the R's as prey, at night, whilst sleeping. So I'm going to go with this may have been life-long, IMOO. It'd be really interesting to learn of the entire W's generational backgrounds. I think 15-20 yrs moving forward, we'll learn there will have been physiatrists, mental health experts, etc having begun studies of them. I'm just one who likes to know what makes people tick/make the decisions they make/act, etc.

I think I read somewhere that a horse trainer who worked for the W's was found murdered a few years before the R's. IIRC I think his name was Howard Hobby? Maybe I am wrong.

JMo

I think I read somewhere that a horse trainer who worked for the W's was found murdered a few years before the R's. IIRC I think his name was Howard Hobby? Maybe I am wrong.

JMo
Whatever came about from the guy who went missing and his truck was found near a park entrance/path? Was Billy the name??? Can't recall.

CLEAR OFF TOPIC BUT OH SO COOL

My daughter ordered me a Xmas birthday gift. It was delivered yesterday.

I had barely turned off my vehicle when the neighbors girls came running over.(most neighbors in my gated community don’t chat).

YOU GOT A PACKAGE. and were extremely excited.

It was delivered by a drone. And they saw it all. It’s a test project followed by a person from the company. The only issue is the drone was not able to put it out of sight behind my porch post. The person had to do it. But the kids got it on camera as it had to verify my address and compare my house to google I guess. Very gentle delivery and they are working with drones that have arms. All done and orchestrated from a warehouse in North Las Vegas. 26 miles away.

Tech is advancing fast. And here to stay.

Mods delete if you must. I just wanted to share something positive. And I do recall Sheriff Reader saying they used drones to map the Rhoden crime locales and I believe the FkyingvWaggie Farm.

Last edited:
O/T Yeah, I live close enough to OKC that the bomb blast was loud enough it rattled my windows. Oklahoma generally doesn't fool around with people on death row. But McVeigh was somewhat of a different case since he was tried and convicted in a federal court. The reason he was executed so soon after conviction is that he refused to appeal his sentence. Since he refused to appeal his sentence moved forward quickly.

I am very thankful for that since I stood in front of the Murrah building the day after the bombing along with many others, in total disbelief that anyone could be that much of a monster. It is a nightmare I will remember for the rest of my life. A long drawn out appeal would have caused the people of Oklahoma more pain.

JMO

Raised. I grew up on a farm near Flint Mi. McVeigh and his Militia buds were headquarters about 30 miles away.

I remember the locals meeting then a guy moving from that area up to Nisiski Ak and started a compound. You could hear auto gunfire on and off anytime. They are affiliated with some ultra ultra and I should emphasize ultra right religious groups. And yes some from Ohio as well.

They don’t socialize and like to be left alone. And we did.

By stalking the R's we see they're predators. They stalked the R's as prey, at night, whilst sleeping. So I'm going to go with this may have been life-long, IMOO. It'd be really interesting to learn of the entire W's generational backgrounds. I think 15-20 yrs moving forward, we'll learn there will have been physiatrists, mental health experts, etc having begun studies of them. I'm just one who likes to know what makes people tick/make the decisions they make/act, etc.

BBM
Same

Agreed, I "suck" when it comes to ideas of disposing weapons. (Never had to do that in real life.)
But did notice one interesting thing from Rita N's arraignment at 20:39 minutes of the video. When her atty "G" (because I don't know the correct spelling Gilbart?, Gilberth? Gerlach?) stated: "The first three (3) counts of the indictment appear to be about the same thing, same document." Look at the reaction from prosecutor Angie C...
(the only time I saw an instant physical reaction) and she starts shaking her head, "NOPE, NO WAY... " Anyone have an idea on how many forged documents might be in question? oops forgot link to arraingment of RitaN.

It looks like count 1-3 might be 3 separate charges concerning 1 custody document written out on April 3, 2016. Each charge is the same except for the names filled in on the document and possibly signed by George and Jake but... we know Hanna would not have signed:
charge #1 concerns the signature of: Hanna May Rhoden, charge #2 concerns the signature of: Edward Jacob Wagner and count #3 concerns the signature of: George Washington Wagner IV. Rita Jo Newcomb might have a notary license? If she doesn't, wouldn't she have been also charge with illegally "acting" as a notary? I think so. Anyway, she must have witnessed those 3 signatures as valid and verified and so... she got charged. Seems to me, Jake and George could have had a charge added to their indictments if the signatures on the custody document are their own signatures.
Counts 4-5 are for obstruction and lying to grand jury, dated July 18, 2018

Here are the indictments of the 2 grandmothers:
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...-Prosecutions/PikeCountyAdditionalIndictments

How do these people receive stolen property from more than a half dozen major retailers and get probation?!? Unreal!

Probably a first offense as an adult. He'd have been around 29/30 in 2001. He got a six month jail sentence, but it was suspended for three years on probation. That's a pretty long probation. I'd have thought about taking the jail sentence tbqh. The 2012 case, they paid restitution to Sam's Club and Walmart. The "various items" probably didn't equal a "felony" level charge, and/or the stores were cool with restitution, because Walmart doesn't play around. Scioto County WM and Sam's Club, probably banned them for life. They are not clever criminals, but we are likely only seeing the times that they were caught. They didn't just wait a few years, try again, and get caught, again.

How do these people receive stolen property from more than a half dozen major retailers and get probation?!? Unreal!
George Jr isn't a felon after receiving stolen property, but Angela was busted for receiving stolen property (Rocky Boot Co) and she's now a felon. George Jr. stole expensive, large equipment. Angela's crime involved shoes. Ask yourself why there was such a discrepancy in sentencing or punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela