OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the link to the Cincinnati Enquirer article that refers to the 2017 interview of FW:

Fredericka Wagner: A look at her property and assets

This is is the paragraph about 2017...

In a 2017 interview with the Enquirer, Fredericka Wagner said authorities seized records related to her nonprofit and other businesses during a search of her property. The search was one of three tied to the ongoing investigation into the Rhoden family massacre in May 2017. She and a neighbor said authorities damaged the church building and other property.

The IRS isn't on the Ohio AG's list of agencies that assisted in this case. It would be interesting to know if they uncovered anything in those records that helped LE. It is curious that LE obtained a search warrant for the records of 2 non-profits.

I am just thinking out loud. It's all so unusual to me anyway. jmo. moo.

Who is Edward Carter? I’m so confused lol. I was talking about GW—FW’s husband. Maybe I posted the wrong quote. Maybe I didn’t drink enough coffee today :oops:

EC is AW's father. He passed after FW's husband. The Ws were still in AK when EC passed, b/c AW said they couldn't come home for the funeral, so they were still in AK as of Nov. 2017. I don't think G4 came back til just before they arrested them. Maybe I'm confused.:confused:

It is a state law in Ohio that there is a set distance that has to be maintained between the wells and septic tanks. It is documented when you are drilling a new well for new construction, or if your selling a house. Of course none of this counts if you do not follow the rules...

Also, there are new wells drilled when old wells go dry. Some of our neighbors had drilled new wells over the years as their original wells went dry.

We had an especially dry summer in Ohio back in the mid-90s and many of our neighbors drilled new, deeper wells.

Many large farms have wells drilled for irrigation.

I wonder if all wells that are drilled have to be recorded?

How about me giving the hug and letting him know it is from you?

I am so proud of Charlie for bringing it to the publics attention and outing the "good ole boys club", hopefully changes are a comin' and it's about time.
Depends. Are you serious or making fun? JMO
Give him a hug and tell him it is from all of us. I think the good people of Pike county should reconsider who they have as commissioners. Maybe the voters can change things.

Halfway serious. I could probably approach some clients who would make a donation. But I would want it anonymous.

Jerry Miller, Blaine Beekman (was Waverly Mayor in the past), and Tony Montgomery are commissioners. TM is the son of Skid Montgomery who owns the "notorious" :D local flea market south of Piketon, and lots of rundown rental properties. :rolleyes:

Junk is two faced as hell MOO.

As far as changes, who knows?? No proof, so at this juncture it's JMO and coffee shop rumor. ;)
Isn't Skid Montgomery friends with Fred? I thought I read somewhere back upteen threads ago that she and Skid were in land dealings together?

Should we send him his 600.00?

Why not $1800? ... or we could make cookies or cakes. When the other W's find out that the fancy vests are very fashionable and will break the bank, they might want fancy vests of their own. The Sheriff's department will have to hold a bake sale to pay for them.
It's hard to imagine any department anywhere that has to make do with a total yearly budget of $1000 for prison/inmate supplies. My comment above is sarcasm but, if I lived in Pike County, I would be very angry.

Last edited:
Here is the link to the Cincinnati Enquirer article that refers to the 2017 interview of FW:

Fredericka Wagner: A look at her property and assets

This is is the paragraph about 2017...

In a 2017 interview with the Enquirer, Fredericka Wagner said authorities seized records related to her nonprofit and other businesses during a search of her property. The search was one of three tied to the ongoing investigation into the Rhoden family massacre in May 2017. She and a neighbor said authorities damaged the church building and other property.

The IRS isn't on the Ohio AG's list of agencies that assisted in this case. It would be interesting to know if they uncovered anything in those records that helped LE. It is curious that LE obtained a search warrant for the records of 2 non-profits.

I am just thinking out loud. It's all so unusual to me anyway. jmo. moo.

LE would have to get a subpoena from a federal judge to access anyone tax records. And a federal judge does not issue those lightly. (Reference Congress's struggle to get President T's tax records in the news lately). A federal judge usually issues those only if fraud or tax evasion is suspected. But the IRS would only investigate one of those two crimes if there is strong evidence of them. Then it could be a long time before they get around to it. The IRS has been downsized considerably. Right now they are concentrating on EIC filed by people with children. If Fred has filed her returns in a timely manner and reported all her income the IRS won't even waste their time. The IRS gets thousand of complaints daily alleging fraud and tax evasion, usually by a vengeful ex spouse. They will tell you really fast they are not marriage counselors.

Charlie is a hero in my eyes, always will be. He is the ONLY one who stood tall for these victims! May I ask what changes are coming? I certainly pray so! I see Jerry Miller is a newly elected commissioner of Pike County. Who are the others? Is Beekman one? If I lived there, I would be raising Hail over the Sheriff's budget and negative support from the commissioners in response to Judge Deering's orders for the Wagner convicts' demands. Supposedly, a Jury is to be convened before such demands (unseen restraints) are proposed or allowed. Angela Canepa! Come on!! And somebody please get Junk out of the courtroom! JMO

I have felt Reader wanted to proceed long ago and was held back by BCI, DeWine, and Junk. Hopefully that was a good decision. I can't say I have trust in Junk getting things done correctly. I'm glad it appears Angela Capela is controlling things. I would hate to see any of these cases thrown out on a technicality...

Be

Does anything stand out in any of the autopsies to you. Any insight on HR's autopsy? Do you have an opinion on time of deaths as a group compared to CRsr, as it has been said he was more decomposed than the others? Such as, what is the minimum amount of time that could be between CRsr death and the others to account for "more decomposed" ?
Thank you for responding.
Jillian

Remember that causes other than time of death may account for faster decomposition. I'm not saying time was not the cause in the case of CRsr... just that other causes are possible.

"Endogenous factors included fever, infections, illicit and prescription drugs, obesity and insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus."

Not in the reading (which is a very short article) but, I am also considering that CRsr had the most gun shot wounds and may have been beaten. This may also have affected decomposition rate.
Factors and processes causing accelerated decomposition in human cadavers - An overview. - PubMed - NCBI

Also, there are new wells drilled when old wells go dry. Some of our neighbors had drilled new wells over the years as their original wells went dry.

We had an especially dry summer in Ohio back in the mid-90s and many of our neighbors drilled new, deeper wells.

Many large farms have wells drilled for irrigation.

I wonder if all wells that are drilled have to be recorded?

A small map showing the location and what material was encountered during drilling the well and water output are sent to the ODNR for all wells drilled legally. A county permit is often required. You can search the data base to get info on water wells in Ohio if they have been recorded properly...The records only go back so far, old hand dug wells may not be recorded....
Here is Pike County.
Water Well Log Selection Page.

Last edited:
Be

Does anything stand out in any of the autopsies to you. Any insight on HR's autopsy? Do you have an opinion on time of deaths as a group compared to CRsr, as it has been said he was more decomposed than the others? Such as, what is the minimum amount of time that could be between CRsr death and the others to account for "more decomposed" ?
Thank you for responding.
Jillian

Can't make any conclusions as to time of death for any of the victims or how much time elapsed between CRsr's death and death of the others based solely on the unredacted info--which, if course, is the purpose of the redaction. I did mention in an earlier post about a vertebral fracture in CRsr's report that I'd like to see more info about how recent the fracture was, but no conclusions can be drawn from the info provided.

As for HMR's autopsy, there's the statement under the General heading on page 46/66 that says "The mouth...small foam cap is at the lips". I have a theory as to what may have caused this, but I don't want to say too much as it's all conjecture at this point. I think it is feasible that it might have been caused by a prescribed medication in HMR's system at the time of death. Since she was only a few days postpartum (after childbirth), it is possible she could have been taking a pain medication that was prescribed to her; but, I don't want to say anything more than that because, again, it is just conjecture. The only way to come to any positive conclusion would be if we could see the redacted toxicology section of her autopsy report.

All JMO.

Some thoughts about the Wagners and their Alaska adventure for discussion.
All is speculation, supposition, my opinion.
If this has been discussed in detail, apologies, sorry I missed it.

I have been trying to find out exactly how LE would know the Wagners entry to and exit dates from Alaska. Seems pretty important.
Mostly wondering if W4 did remain behind and specifically his date of return. LE needed to be on alert for any of the Wags returning to Ohio and to be ready for putting surveillance in place.

Found this info when researching US Citizens travel to Alaska

DO I NEED A PASSPORT TO GET TO ALASKA?
“U.S. citizens flying between another state and Alaska do not need a passport.
However, those driving through Canada or traveling on a ferry or cruise ship with stops in Canada are required to carry one.
All non U.S. citizens will need a passport and possibly other documents to enter.
As with all travel, check with U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Transportation Security Administration as you plan your trip...”

Did Wags drive to Alaska? I thought they did.
One vehicle or more?

LE probably had a watch on the passports.
Hopefully LE also had a watch on Wags passports for the initial trip from Ohio to Alaska.

I know there are strict regs for taking guns, rifles, etc. into Canada, even if passing thru.
Did Wags take guns along to AK. Hard to imagine them traveling without.
Here is one article about bringing guns into Canada. Very strict.

https://www.ezbordercrossing.com/th...ting-firearms/bringing-a-firearm-into-canada/

Questions:if he remained behind, did GW4 drive or fly back to Ohio?
What about taking guns? Did Wags do so?
Four adults, each with how many guns? Did they declare guns as required?
Were weapons confiscated?

Any thoughts?
Again, all speculation.

Some thoughts about the Wagners and their Alaska adventure for discussion.
All is speculation, supposition, my opinion.
If this has been discussed in detail, apologies, sorry I missed it.

I have been trying to find out exactly how LE would know the Wagners entry to and exit dates from Alaska. Seems pretty important.
Mostly wondering if W4 did remain behind and specifically his date of return. LE needed to be on alert for any of the Wags returning to Ohio and to be ready for putting surveillance in place.

Found this info when researching US Citizens travel to Alaska

DO I NEED A PASSPORT TO GET TO ALASKA?
“U.S. citizens flying between another state and Alaska do not need a passport.
However, those driving through Canada or traveling on a ferry or cruise ship with stops in Canada are required to carry one.
All non U.S. citizens will need a passport and possibly other documents to enter.
As with all travel, check with U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Transportation Security Administration as you plan your trip...”

Did Wags drive to Alaska? I thought they did.
One vehicle or more?

LE probably had a watch on the passports.
Hopefully LE also had a watch on Wags passports for the initial trip from Ohio to Alaska.

I know there are strict regs for taking guns, rifles, etc. into Canada, even if passing thru.
Did Wags take guns along to AK. Hard to imagine them traveling without.
Here is one article about bringing guns into Canada. Very strict.

https://www.ezbordercrossing.com/th...ting-firearms/bringing-a-firearm-into-canada/

Questions:if he remained behind, did GW4 drive or fly back to Ohio?
What about taking guns? Did Wags do so?
Four adults, each with how many guns? Did they declare guns as required?
Were weapons confiscated?

Any thoughts?
Again, all speculation.

It was reported in the news that the Wagners were stopped and questioned at the US / Canadian border on their trip to AK.

Alaskan meets his new neighbors: A family named in Rhoden massacre investigation

Could be US LE contacted Canadian authorities and asked them to stop the Wagners once they reached the border.

Jake Wagner told Conklin it took the family about a week to drive to Alaska and they got stopped at the Canadian border in North Dakota. Officials there made them unload the trailers and reload them before letting them pass through.

"That's just about the only troublethey mentioned," Conklin said.

That information was relayed by JW, so it's possible that other things happened at the border.

ETA: I also recall a news article that said the family were questioned for a couple of hours at that stop and others.

Last edited:
Give him a hug and tell him it is from all of us. I think the good people of Pike county should reconsider who they have as commissioners. Maybe the voters can change things.

Halfway serious. I could probably approach some clients who would make a donation. But I would want it anonymous.

I'm just now catching up on this news. WTH is going on here? Very interesting information about the budget politics being played by Pike County Commissioners, the new AG and Sheriff Reader. AG Yost and his team seem to be approaching this differently than DeWine's team. I've been a little concerned at, JMO, Yost's limited experience in the criminal prosecution area.

Also interesting information about who serves on the Pike County Commission and possible 2nd degree connections to FW. o_O What??? Still catching up on this. Has anyone found a link yet to the AG press conference?

ETA: Some links

State leaders give Pike County $100K ‘down payment’ toward massacre prosecutions

I'm assuming this means if Reader can't get money for this "vest" then JW still has to appear in the courtroom in shackles? Is that the implication?

Last edited:
I'm just now catching up on this news. WTH is going on here? Very interesting information about the budget politics being played by Pike County Commissioners, the new AG and Sheriff Reader. AG Yost and his team seem to be approaching this differently than DeWine's team. I've been a little concerned at, JMO, Yost's limited experience in the criminal prosecution area.

Also interesting information about who serves on the Pike County Commission and possible 2nd degree connections to FW. o_O What??? Still catching up on this. Has anyone found a link yet to the AG press conference?

State leaders give Pike County $100K ‘down payment’ toward massacre prosecutions

I'm assuming this means if Reader can't get money for this "vest" then JW still has to appear in the courtroom in shackles? Is that the implication?

They don't want to be seen in handcuffs and shackles then how about Clint Eastwood's style in one movie. A shotgun was tied to their chest with the barrel under their chin and a rope to the trigger was held by Clint...

It was reported in the news that the Wagners were stopped and questioned at the US / Canadian border on their trip to AK.

Alaskan meets his new neighbors: A family named in Rhoden massacre investigation

Could be US LE contacted Canadian authorities and asked them to stop the Wagners once they reached the border.

That information was relayed by JW, so it's possible that other things happened at the border.

Thanks!
I see the info about 2 vehicles towing a Horse trailer and 24 ft trailer.
That’s what I was looking for.

Betty P - when I click on the link, scroll more than halfway down,
I see a 27 minute video of a press conference. Very interesting even though audio is not consistent. Pretty sure there will be $600. for the vest.
Near end, Junk seems to opine there will be 4 separate trials. I could not hear the Question he was responding to. Nor am I completely sure I heard him correctly. So, speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pearl lemon