OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, hoping I can speak in general without having to quote anyone....my first post :) I've been reading for days, just joined.

If the killers made an attempt to cover the crime scene, and they still don't have anyone in custody, I believe it's safe to say it is not IJ or RM, or any of the initial major players in the family making discoveries including BJM and DS, CH and CG, and 3 yr old's mom and 2 year old's dad just can't possibly have anything to do with it on this level. The family just doesn't seem to have the capacity to both commit the crime and be shocked, grieving family. This family and this community isn't like the big city or little cities, there was more denim at the funeral homes than in the Levi section, respectfully, this is a simpler lifestyle.

I believe the killers (multiple) entered through unlocked doors in the night (its the country, people don't lock their doors) and exited out the windows to make the discovery more complicated. Entering, locking the doors behind them, and then committing the crime... at a couple sites, the victims were alert enough to fight back, hence the bruising/tissue damage. More than one perp could over power two large grown men, even one person with a gun could be distracted or overpowered when 2 men are fighting for their lives. I believe the perps may have been waiting for the night that everyone was home and they were certain.

Just because KR was found last, doesn't mean he was killed last right? Except I do think the comment about the killers running out of bullets at the end makes sense. There seems to be discrepancy in some reports, were there $1000 on KR or $1 bills. Can anyone confirm?

The dogs: Oh my. They are animals, and you just don't know how animals will react. Whether they knew perps or not, they could have fled a the severity, been baited with meat, or sedated as has been hypothesized. They were definitely let outside through the door opening. I don't think they sat and chatted with perps then got into a dispute and suddenly the family was attacked. Regarding LE needing the KR dog to be subdued, I don't think that was because he was being ferocious, I think it was preventative.

UGH it sickens me to even talk about this awful, morbid murder in this way.

The drug cartels? No, they wouldn't have spared the children.

Do people kill entire families over cockfighting? I know, gambling... but wouldn't there be more townspeople discussing this?

Heres what I want: Texts and messages between the family members in the preceding week (I mean, who doesn't want that).
Were the dogs tested for sedatives on the day of the discovery?
Were there hens and roosters? Because people raise animals for food and would you pen a bunch of roosters together?
Looking at social media, you can see the family lived a very appropriate life for where they were. Has anyone seen HMR baby shower pictures, the relaxed nature of the family, they weren't on edge. Other family members would have known.

Yes, the cars seem to be a big deal to me, bigger than the grow op. Their lifestyle doesn't look like people who are sitting on a bunch of money. Also, having a baby shower and requesting items certain bigger items for HMR in the winter months, you just buy those things if you are sitting on drug money. (Though, I do wonder why she didn't still have those items from her 2 year old).

Also, what does anyone have on the restraining order for the woman who may have hit CRs. I think this is a big thing! That order was on 4/20, 2 days after DR's post about watching over her family and only a couple days later the family was murderer.

I don't have access to their social media, I only see what is public, however, more was visible in the initial days after the murders, before the public really started to get into the social media aspect. I looked immediately to get a sense of the family whose lives were ripped away, the children who may be unknowingly emotionally effected (I pray not). I can't wrap my head around the mothers who lay their with their babies, if they were even awake for it, which new moms sleep lightly.

The distance between homes, you may not have heard any shots. Also, their could have been something to prevent others from hearing.

Dogs also bark at passing animals in the night, maybe nothing to raise awareness.

I cannot figure out how the person got in and committed a crime in the fifth wheel, its so small. Did KR not get up? If he had cameras, surely his camper was locked?

The people who are upset about them taking the crime scenes: Ugh, if it were me, I would want the crime scenes preserved to ensure my family's killer was brought to justice. Like someone said, the OJ trial is a perfect example of why we need preservation for crimes. Thankfully, in this terrible situation, the homes were actually movable.
It think its really great that they say 8 members of the same family, although FR and HG weren't yet married, she was a real part of the family. I know people have said, what about the Gilley's ? I think everyone has thoughts or prayers for all of the families involved.

Who has acted strangely in the days after the murders? Who missed work? Acted off? Seemed distant? Went away for the weekend? SOMEONE in that town, or nearby, was shady, they HAD to be!

Sadly, I think the Rhoden Family could get more donations through their ******** if LE would find the real killers. I think people need to know their money isn't being donated to enable helping guilty people who brought something on themselves, if the Rhoden's were, in fact, guilty of something...nothing could be worth an entire family's lives.

Okay, I really hope I didn't break rules, please let me know and thank you for listening. People just aren't as into cases like you all and I are :/

edit: oh! And BJMs call, at the end, she says something about FR for sure!

Welcome to the forums!

No, they wouldn't pen the roosters together. They're a specialty breed that basically fights other males to the death. Each of them had to be penned separately. All the little tripod structures are individual gamecock pens.

I am remembering the young man who recently said he rode along with Chris Sr. to keep him company
when CR made car buying/selling trips.
Something he said made me wonder, but I don't have link.

Did he say they went to Detroit?

Why travel all the way to Detroit to buy or sell cars? Detroit is a red flag .
I know alot of people in the area who do that for a living, they travel all over to buy cars. They go to Georgia, Tn, Ky.. pretty much everywhere. I live in Mi, but not in Detroit. Its pretty common for them to travel to buy cars , put them on a flat bed and bring back here to fix up and sell.

Can someone clarify something for me? Was there another Rhoden brother, a brother of CRSr & GR, also living on Left Fork Rd? I believe that was a listed address for BR? Was he home that night of the homicides?
Not sure for a fact if he was at home but I am thinking he was.

I've read people talking about a turkey hunter hearing shots? Is there a link? I don't remember every actually reading that myself.

Me either. Could they have been out there to collect money owed to them?

My theory, and only that, is that word may have gotten around that UHR was where to go to get some decent weed. Being young and foolish, they may have decided to go out there and say, a friend sent them. That would get them run off in short order and pretty close to how they described it most likely. They also would not call the police b/c they'd have to explain just how all of this started and why it ended the way it did. They go back empty handed, and would want to save face w/their friends, hence the puffing up on FB.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by rohoth
Can someone clarify something for me? Was there another Rhoden brother, a brother of CRSr & GR, also living on Left Fork Rd? I believe that was a listed address for BR? Was he home that night of the homicides?

Not sure for a fact if he was at home but I am thinking he was.

I don't think we ever had any info about that person's movements. He's among those we can't sleuth and has not been mentioned in media other than obits, as far as I recall.

It hasn't been determined that KR was not a suicide that I know of. Just Dewine saying none appeared to have been a suicide... KR being shot once makes it possible, if that is correct. The gun could have been removed. A pond is pretty close by for disposal...
That would be easily resolved by forensics. I am sure by now they would know that and would not of gone through the expense of taking the crime scene to another location.

I've read people talking about a turkey hunter hearing shots? Is there a link? I don't remember every actually reading that myself.

I don't know if we're allowed to talk about it, but, if IIRC, one heard shots around 5:30 a.m. and took note b/c it was before dawn and prior to when you are allowed to shoot a turkey. There is a link somewhere, but, I don't think it is a allowed b/c it is not MSM.

RSBM. It's pretty common for drugs to be mailed by USPS. All packages require a warrant to be opened, compared to private carriers like UPS/Fedex. Most people aren't sending one huge package, but multiple smaller ones when it comes to flowers (buds). When it comes to concentrates (oil, shatter, hash), they can send exponentially more due to the size/weight ratio.

I've met some people who travel for legitimate sales jobs, and they mail "care packages" addressed to themselves at the hotels they will be visiting. As long as everything is packed securely and sealed with a quality vacuum sealer, detection is unlikely.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

See, that's where I suspect the package from CA was a set-up. The story is that a post office worker called in the Sheriff because the package smelled to her like marijuana. Then the dog they brought in alerted. Odds are someone engaging in an operation the size that was reported would know how to be unobtrusive.

Somethin' def don't smell right, though.

See, that's where I suspect the package from CA was a set-up. The story is that a post office worker called in the Sheriff because the package smelled to her like marijuana. Then the dog they brought in alerted. Odds are someone engaging in an operation the size that was reported would know how to be unobtrusive.

Somethin' def don't smell right, though.
Agree 100%.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If someone with a badge comes to interview you more than twice in a capital murder investigation (just assuming the aggravators are in place for such a charge) , it's not because they enjoy your coffee.
Didn't L.M. say they came in the middle of the night, like around 3am? That was strange too. I was involved in a murder investigation years ago, where I was the lead witness. The detectives came to my house unannounced but they were always there during "business" hours. The never came to question me in the middle of the night.

That's the issue more-so than becoming desensitized over fighting the chickens, imo. Same with any other illegal gambling. It gets dangerous sometimes. I've seen friendly poker games become unfriendly (not to the point of murder though).

If they are like they were back then, people could still be losing entire paychecks. I could see why people could become very angry, especially if they felt they had been cheated in some way. I don't know how big a barn would need to be to hold one of these events, but from reading the article, it seems chicken fights may still be popular in that region ( heck they could still be popular here for all I know, since the closest I get to chickens is KFC).
On another gruesome note could that have been part of BJM's duties cleaning up after that event?

Someone post the HD pictures from in front of FRs again please. So these people can stop with the green house. If I was growing weed and authorities knew I still would never put a green house full of it next to my house. With 40+ acres owned by family and who knows how much other access to land why in the world would you grow In a green house right next to your front door?

Don't know why anyone would think it would be used to grow weed next to the house. Why would they put weed in it where it sat when it could be moved any where?

I don't know if we're allowed to talk about it, but, if IIRC, one heard shots around 5:30 a.m. and took note b/c it was before dawn and prior to when you are allowed to shoot a turkey. There is a link somewhere, but, I don't think it is a allowed b/c it is not MSM.

Thank you

well being that it's in front of a drive way right next to a home without a garage with a car parked next to it. With hundreds of cars on the property I see it easy to conclude its a carport. I do not see how one concludes with certainty it's a "green house frame" as you did with clear visible evidence. Good day

We have totally lost sight of the point. The pic/question was posted by someone wondering if this sort of contraption might be what a shatter apparatus looks like. I think we have pretty thoroughly ruled that out.

If they are like they were back then, people could still be losing entire paychecks. I could see why people could become very angry, especially if they felt they had been cheated in some way. I don't know how big a barn would need to be to hold one of these events, but from reading the article, it seems chicken fights may still be popular in that region ( heck they could still be popular here for all I know, since the closest I get to chickens is KFC).
On another gruesome note could that have been part of BJM's duties cleaning up after that event?

Oh, I'm sure people could lose their paychecks (they'll do that at the track and that's legal). I've heard of people losing their homes. I don't really see the fights going on there but it is possible. From what I could see they didn't have huge numbers of chickens but it was hard to tell w/all the brush, cars, trees, etc...

What runs thru my thoughts...

HR, HG, CR jr and even FR were by most standards very young, and not able to be actively ' in on' any
Serious Family Business of any sort legal or illegal.

FR did the Derby cars, but I can't see that as reason for murder.
I ask myself why was the FR home was included in this event, as that group logically should not have been part of the business.
But then, I have the same thought about DR home.
That group could not have been significantly involved in Family Business.
I don't see DR selling a few cars as trouble.
Then I think of others who were left untouched.
BJM (I am not accusing, simply pointing out) was employed by CR Sr , was in and out of his home, cleaned it, etc.
BJM and other Manleys, because of close proximity, could have had knowledge equal to the younger victims.
So, I am left with, some were killed just because they were there. Because they could identify.

I remain puzzled by the FR home and DR home being included . Those adults must have had very specific knowledge.

I am thinking out loud and still, none of this makes any sense.

If you combine the cars and the drugs theories, there could be something. As the previous poster mentioned, almost all of them were involved in cars. If, for example, cars were being used to transport drugs and someone came looking for something they could not find that may have been in a car, you could wrap law enforcement taking the cars, a target at each house and the potential beatings of CR and GR in a nice little bow.

Friday, May 20, 2016

I read it on a news media website, but don't recall if it was the story or in comments. The man's name was even mentioned, and other details I should not repeat, because the info may have been scrubbed to protect him. It just doesn't show up in a search now, except that one gossip site.

Can't search anymore, my day started at 4am, ugh, yesterday.

I read it on a news media website, but don't recall if it was the story or in comments. The man's name was even mentioned, and other details I should not repeat, because the info may have been scrubbed to protect him. It just doesn't show up in a search now, except that one gossip site.

Can't search anymore, my day started at 4am, ugh, yesterday.

IIRC, it was a comment by the hunter's brother. And off limits here, but it seems to have legs.

I still think these are murder/suicides, people just don't go slaughtering a whole family and miles apart like that and we already know certain people were in and out of those houses that day. I feel like we're dragging this poor family through the mud and half the stuff I have read sounds like nonsense to me. I know everyone's just trying to come up with scenarios but most of it's really far fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24