OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I exactly agree the babies could have died if not found early on. But I don't think any of the family members are in danger, whether or not they are trying to get the kids. If Reader thought any of the family under his jurisdiction were in danger, he would let them know. And if somebody is in danger, and Reader knows it, then he knows who that person is and should be watching them like a hawk, hoping they'll slip up and he can put them in jail and have some peace of mind that there won't be another murder.

That is a positive in getting around them. They'll also take advantage of someone who isn't an Alpha with them. They're smart and will get sneaky too.

Well, I'm in NO WAY an alpha. But, I am an animal whisperer! Animals of all kinds tend to flock to me. Are they sneaky, sure, but, I think animals sense a persons energy. Alpha dogs will put up a fight to prove who's boss. And, like many children, teenagers and adults, tend to do things on their own time. RSD, your dog was probably napping when you were robbed and probably didn't really care as long as he wasn't being disturbed. Now, had they walked up on him and bothered him, might've been game on! 😂

I interpreted the comment of Reader's "... if the children had not been found by relatives they may have died" much differently than most of you. I think he is saying the children could have died due to neglect, starvation, etc. had relatives not found them. BJM arrived and discovered the victims shortly after the killings, but it could have possibly been days before they were discovered, resulting in injury/death to the babies. Just my thoughts...

More thoughts o' mine regarding the babies who are currently in State custody. Reader has said they are (@ this point) in possible danger if released from foster care. IMO, this doesn't necessarily mean they are in danger of being murdered. Perhaps LE has reason to believe that someone seeking custody is either in danger, or poses a danger themselves. I don't want to say any more due to TOS.

Clearly, I don't know nuttin', just putting in my 2 cents.

You and me are on the same wavelength, on both topics.

You and me are on the same wavelength, on both topics.

Just bumping off your post. I'm not a regular poster here but I have always thought it was interesting that another "young" Rhoden child was supposed to be in one of those houses but slept away from the home that night. Coincidence? Not sure. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I interpreted the comment of Reader's "... if the children had not been found by relatives they may have died" much differently than most of you. I think he is saying the children could have died due to neglect, starvation, etc. had relatives not found them. BJM arrived and discovered the victims shortly after the killings, but it could have possibly been days before they were discovered, resulting in injury/death to the babies. Just my thoughts...

More thoughts o' mine regarding the babies who are currently in State custody. Reader has said they are (@ this point) in possible danger if released from foster care. IMO, this doesn't necessarily mean they are in danger of being murdered. Perhaps LE has reason to believe that someone seeking custody is either in danger, or poses a danger themselves. I don't want to say any more due to TOS.

Clearly, I don't know nuttin', just putting in my 2 cents.
Exactly! So many people are taking every word so literal.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I agree lusd! Reader was just talking to hear himself talk, I guess! The whole "new" scenario about the babies being in danger sounds like a bunch of baloney. They were not spared just so somebody could comeback at a later date and knock them off. Not only would that not be sensible, it sounds downright stupid! The killer can't be too stupid, he's managed to elude capture for over three months.

I don't think it is baloney at all. If we add this to what AG and family said previously, it is very clear a family member / extended family member is in the picture. The motive is, imo, personal and family related.

We don't have a complete picture yet, Reader releases information only when he needs to.

Very broadly, and not necessarily related to this case, children in a family drama scenario could be in danger of: murder, aduction or abuse.

Just bumping off your post. I'm not a regular poster here but I have always thought it was interesting that another "young" Rhoden child was supposed to be in one of those houses but slept away from the home that night. Coincidence? Not sure. MOO

Could be also just a coincidence.

The coincidence that really strikes me is the following:
1) Rhoden child in the house goes back to her mom, Mrs Robinson.
While
2) Two children with custody claims from Gilley family need to stay in foster care.

While
2) Two children with custody claims from Gilley family need to stay in foster care.
This struck me before but you putting the names there like that... wow!

Well, I'm in NO WAY an alpha. But, I am an animal whisperer! Animals of all kinds tend to flock to me. Are they sneaky, sure, but, I think animals sense a persons energy. Alpha dogs will put up a fight to prove who's boss. And, like many children, teenagers and adults, tend to do things on their own time. RSD, your dog was probably napping when you were robbed and probably didn't really care as long as he wasn't being disturbed. Now, had they walked up on him and bothered him, might've been game on! 

He probably was, all THREE times, lol. He could sure bark all night long though. We were pretty sure we knew who it was even though we didn't see their faces when we came in on them, and they knew we had the dog, so I think they just brought a big long stick. If they'd kicked him, he'd still have been on their leg! By sneaky, I meant try to get by with things they know they shouldn't. One of ours figured out how to not trip the garage door so he'd sneak in when we backed out, and we'd come home, and there he'd be, looking all sneaky, b/c he'd eaten all of the cat's food. They're smarter than people give them credit for. My s/o is a "cat whisperer". If there's a cat(s) within a couple hundred feet or so, wild or tame, it will find my s/o and by the time we leave, cats will be all over s/o's lap, around their legs, everywhere!

While

Yes, agree, especially since the babies are not verbal.

On reviewing...

Victim #1 – Single Gunshot Wound
Victim #2 – 2 Gunshot Wounds
Victim #3 – 3 Gunshot Wounds
Victim #4 – 3 Gunshot Wounds
Victim #5 – 4 Gunshot Wounds
Victim #6 – 5 Gunshot Wounds
Victim #7 – 5 Gunshot Wounds
Victim #8 – 9 Gunshot Wounds

Taking a look at this again and I started thinking all of the victims besides 1 & 2 took more bullets than just execution style suggesting to me that either they were awake or overkill. I think most of us have come to the conclusion that with the murders of CR1 and GR they were probably awake and put up some sort of a struggle.
*We know CR1 received 9 gunshot wounds
* We know KR received 1 gunshot wound
*The 1 that received 2 shots were most likely sleeping or no struggle.

This leaves 5 of the victims either awake and struggling or complete overkill and/or torture.

It still bothers me out of all the victims KR was the only one that only took one bullet. Why is this? And he was the only person alone in the home when found...

What are your thoughts?

This struck me before but you putting the names there like that... wow!

Now, I want to be careful here. It doesn't necessarily mean the dangerous people are on the gilley side. We don't know that yet.

Now, I want to be careful here. It doesn't necessarily mean the dangerous people are on the gilley side. We don't know that yet.
Oh I get ya. But still striking as you said. Things that make you go hmmm.

I don't think there is much significance where the two oldest kids were that nite. Jake had his daughter because Hanna had just come home from hospital with the new baby. Hannah and Frankie had B because there were sick kiddos at his day care center. Both of these are just things that can happen in everyday life.
I haven't read anything that leads me to believe the Rhoden family is suspecting a family member night be involved, but maybe I'm not reading between the lines, I don't know. It still sounds like to me the Rhodens have some ideas on who might be involved, and I'm sure they have spoken to Charlie about it by now. But I don't feel that they (Rhodens) are zeroing in on a family member. Like I said earlier, if I were to get custody of the babies and felt there was something fishy in the air, I would tell the whole world I was moving to Vermont and head to New Mexico! And then cease contact with everybody, and keep up with the case through the newspapers and internet.

P. S. Toddler lives with Mom and Grandmother approx 45 mins from where his Rhoden family lived.

Wow...and condolences to the families of their other victims. Sounds like the police officer who died making the arrest is a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member