OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some of us that have screenshots of the original glf. They did report it. What is going on now is another mystery. I wonder and hope Pike County will address it...

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
Yes, I read that, too. THAT is what had everybody all fired up. Then the update says that info was incorrect. I don't know if PCSD is really wanting these guys, or if somebody jumped the gun and just thought they were? Now, Lord only knows what they will say next!

That was quite the letdown. This case is what brought me to Websleuths and you wonderful people and I was so excited to think that it had been solved!

This is what says connection to Pike co is incorrect!
I reported myself to the mods of WS, in case they wanted to remove it.

The copy and pasting was directly from the KVIA link and I did screenshot it.

IMO there may be others involved in the murders and local LE does not want it known to them that they have connected these three to the murders. If others are connected and they realize LE has connected these three to the murders they may figure out that they are also suspects and run or worse.

Local authorities say there is no known connection between two men wanted for the murder of a Londonderry man and killing of eight Pike County residents in April.

In a statement from the Ohio Attorney Generals Office, Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader said they have no evidence there is a link between Jesse D. Hanes and James D. Nelson II in the Rhoden murders. The pair were arrested in New Mexico Friday, where a police officer was killed during a traffic stop.

"We have been in contact with authorities in New Mexico and Ross County (Ohio) in our pursuit of all potential leads in the Rhoden homicides case," Reader said. "This is still an ongoing, active investigation, and there have been no arrests."

More at the link:

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...elson-not-connected-rhoden-killings/88668686/

Interesting caveat from the Ross County sheriff:

Lavender said he spoke to Reader Saturday. Lavender added he is not aware of any physical evidence or motive that would link the two men to the murders, but if they were brought into custody and authorities were aware of the circumstances, they could ask them if they have any information on the Pike County killings.

KVIA either totally misread the Gazette reporting and made a phenomenal leap, or

they have information from local New Mexico law enforcement source(s) that they cannot source at this time.

Possibility is raised that one more of the persons arrested in NM may have said something regarding the Rhodens.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles S. Reader released a joint statement to clarify.
The statement reads that investigators in the Rhoden case have been in touch with Ross County and Hatch N.M. authorities, but “at this time we have no evidence there is a link between Jesse Hanes and James Nelson in the Rhoden murders.”

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n...r-shootinig-suspects-connected-to-ohio/nsFdg/

IMO there may be others involved in the murders and local LE does not want it known to them that they have connected these three to the murders. If others are connected and they realize LE has connected these three to the murders they may figure out that they are also suspects and run or worse.

I considered that also.

Well, I'm going to keep them on my list since the one was "out of town" on 4/23 among other strange posts on fb.

I agree oreally.

Totally depressed with the whole thing. Had me relieved ...right up to totally peeved now..off for awhile ..calming walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, what's the verdict here folks? A goof from N.M., a goof from Ross county, or the all too familiar "no comment"? I was so excited, as I believe everybody was, and now this.

Major bummer. Seriously what an emotional rollercoaster this morning has been!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wow-I was really hoping they had finally found the monsters that did this!! Does anyone know why or have an article as to the reason they killed Timmons? Glad those monsters are off of the streets!

Wow-I was really hoping they had finally found the monsters that did this!! Does anyone know why or have an article as to the reason they killed Timmons? Glad those monsters are off of the streets!

Nothing definitive reported that I have come across, but I would say that robbery was a potential motive considering the charges on a person arrested in Ohio in late July in connection to the murder:

Nelson and Hanes, are accused of killing 62-year-old Theodore Timmons in July.
Timmons’ body was discovered inside his home on Poes Run Road. He’d been shot multiple times.

A third suspect, 24-year-old Whitney Kuhn of Bourneville was arrested at the time of the murder and charged with complicity to aggravated robbery and complicity to aggravated burglary.
http://nbc4i.com/2016/08/13/ross-co...rested-after-alegedly-killing-new-mexico-cop/

http://nbc4i.com/2016/07/28/pair-so...man-considered-armed-and-extremely-dangerous/

Hanes and Nelson likely went on the lam after Kuhn was picked up.

Begs the question as to who the third person is that was with Hanes and Nelson in the car when Officer Chavez was shot in New Mexico.

All things considered, I have this crew at the top of my suspect list for Pike County. MOO.

Might be a connection with T. Timmons murder...

Series of missing women stirs fear in Chillicothe

At about the same time Lemons mother went to police, a pregnant 20-year-old, Shasta Himelrick, went missing. Her family last saw her Christmas night and quickly reported her missing. She was captured on film by a Chillicothe gas station surveillance system the morning after Christmas and her car was found abandoned, the doors open and battery drained, about 20 minutes south near the Scioto River.

Her body was found in the river on Jan. 2. Although the coroner ruled Himelrick’s death a suicide by drowning, her family and friends have their doubts, saying Himelrick was happy about being pregnant.

“I think if she (Himelrick) did do what they say, I think someone may have forced her to do it,” her grandmother, Janice Timmons, told the Chillicothe Gazette in March.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...issing-women-stirs-fear-chillicothe/29385483/

So, what's the verdict here folks? A goof from N.M., a goof from Ross county, or the all too familiar "no comment"? I was so excited, as I believe everybody was, and now this.

My verdict is: I am glad these 3 are off the street. But they don't have, imo, the profiles of the guys we are looking for. It just doesn't fit with everything that was said about this case. I am sorry this is not solved.

This news story is just a news mistake. It is not the first time this happens (in other cases). Thanks for posting it. It could have been the right one.

They're on there. Just search for their name with Ohio behind it. Neither has any Manley's or Rhodens on their friends list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat