OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who ever is in control of making contributions should stop being so picky and raise the reward money to at least
one million. The present amount listed surly demonstrates the lack of consideration for 8 family members and their
heirs, This lack of concern is a signal to the world how much government can react to the lives of some residents.. So,
if a million dollars will not shake some information out of the public ,make the reward available to the L.E.O.'S..but
leave the A.G. out of consideration...mo

The way this case is going, imo, only confession by one of the perps by an accomplice can solve this. So I doubt that the amount of the reward can fix it.

This is very different situation from burglary where one can hope for the buyer of a stolen good to talk.

I think LE & AG figured that already. And that is why imo they haven't been very proactive in playing the reward. They played it when it made sense coinciding the information about the missing gun. The weapon is the only material fact we could hope for at this point.

AMEN! To those who have commented on the reward being so insignificant. That's only $1,250 for each homicide! You couldn't even buy one of Rhoden's cars for that. It is a great insult to the Rhoden family and to the residents of Pike County. Imagine what the reward would be if it were just one of them.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

You'd think it would be closer to 100K at the very least. Does anyone know where the reward money funds come from?

I could see KR putting a lock on the outside when he left but no one has mentioned if he padlocked on the inside. If he had cameras and worried a lot about intruders or plain paranoid, he'd have it locked inside while sleeping, I'd think? Gun or not, I wouldn't lay down without access to my home being secured while on the inside. That's if I'd padlock outside while away.
I would feel the same but it maybe they each may have had an on and off concern with security. Maybe they were just more concerned with theft. May have been even a little arrogant with lack of concern for physical safety. They may have felt nobody would ever attempt this sort of violence. I have time and again left my doors unlocked because of forgetfulness and even laziness. As some in the area have reported they didn't think much of leaving a door unlocked at night but I'm sure they locked them before leaving for work each day. Remember that BJM reported normally the door was not locked to CR1's trailor. Whether that was because he was usually already up or there or what we don't know. We don't really know where it was he was living.

I came into this case very late. Thread 19, I believe, was my first post. I, just as all of you, am going through a process of interpreting what little evidence we have been presented.

I apologize to some of you who may feel I am dragging you all back through time lines, killing order, point of entry and all of these things but for me it is nessesary and for some a good review. To dismiss interpretations of details as unnessesary can be seen is both foolish and insulting. All of these senerios could help point to who or help eliminate who not. What is unnesesarry are your comments of dismissal. If it doesnt interest you need not reply.

As in, if there is evidence someone came through a window, in my opinion, we would certainly know they were not likely to be in excess of 170 or so lbs and most likely under 40 years of age. Keeping in mind we have been told evidence is leading them to believe there was and is more than one killer, that would eliminate a whole lot of suspects from being that individual perpetrator.

A couple of things I would like to add is although we may have been told there were signs of forced entry, we do not know where at or which homes. We also do not know if those signs of evidence were at the point of actual entry. Meaning it could have been a door or a window and efforts may or may not have been successful at that location.

Then there is the issue that they were all murdered in bed and sleeping except for CR1 and GR. This not nessesarily fact and not what we have been told. All we do know is that it was "at a time to suggest sleep" and some were found in bed. This does not mean they were shot in bed or while asleep.

I want to point out, aside from CR1 and KR, that there were more than two gunshot wounds to 5 of the victims which could indicate those victims were not asleep and some may not have been in bed and it is possible they could have been moved there after they had been murdered.

It would be wise to pay special attention to key words when listening to LE and while reading each other's posts to avoid some further confusion and speculation. Of course this is all and always JMHO. I apologize if this offends anyone. I tried to be polite in wording but precisely to the point in reference to some of the replies I had read yesterday and previously.

I came into this case very late. Thread 19, I believe, was my first post. I, just as all of you, am going through a process of interpreting what little evidence we have been presented.

I apologize to some of you who may feel I am dragging you all back through time lines, killing order, point of entry and all of these things but for me it is nessesary and for some a good review. To dismiss interpretations of details as unnessesary can be seen is both foolish and insulting. All of these senerios could help point to who or help eliminate who not. What is unnesesarry are your comments of dismissal. If it doesnt interest you need not reply.

As in, if there is evidence someone came through a window, in my opinion, we would certainly know they were not likely to be in excess of 170 or so lbs and most likely under 40 years of age. Keeping in mind we have been told evidence is leading them to believe there was and is more than one killer, that would eliminate a whole lot of suspects from being that individual perpetrator.

A couple of things I would like to add is although we may have been told there were signs of forced entry, we do not know where at or which homes. We also do not know if those signs of evidence were at the point of actual entry. Meaning it could have been a door or a window and efforts may or may not have been successful at that location.

Then there is the issue that they were all murdered in bed and sleeping except for CR1 and GR. This not nessesarily fact and not what we have been told. All we do know is that it was "at a time to suggest sleep" and some were found in bed. This does not mean they were shot in bed or while asleep.

I want to point out, aside from CR1 and KR, that there were more than two gunshot wounds to 5 of the victims which could indicate those victims were not asleep and some may not have been in bed and it is possible they could have been moved there after they had been murdered.

It would be wise to pay special attention to key words when listening to LE and while reading each other's posts to avoid some further confusion and speculation. Of course this is all and always JMHO. I apologize if this offends anyone. I tried to be polite in wording but precisely to the point in reference to some of the replies I had read yesterday and previously.

BBM The LE said almost immediately that most of them was killed in bed. If they had been moved after they were shot, LE would have known, it's messy moving bodies around. And why would you move them?

BBM The LE said almost immediately that most of them was killed in bed. If they had been moved after they were shot, LE would have known, it's messy moving bodies around. And why would you move them?

I may be wrong, but I thought real early in the case that LE or AG stated that some of the bodies had been staged. I remember this, because I googled staging a dead body and found an article about a dead man in Puerto Rico who had been staged after his death. So, maybe some of them were killed elsewhere in the houses and then placed in the bed, for example.

bbm, No offense here.

From all that I have read it appears that at least one was moved. Hard to tell/say who was drug down the hall but to me the way it is written I think it was Gary. jmo

She saw a “bunch of blood in the front room,’’ and what looked like drag marks in blood from there to a back bedroom.

“I yelled Rhoden! Rhoden! Rhoden!’’ she recalled, and ran to Chris Rhoden's bedroom.

That's where she saw Gary Rhoden, 38, lying on his back. Dead. Just up from his body, she saw a bloodied Chris Rhoden, also on his back. He was dead, as well.

Chris and Gary Rhoden were cousins.

She said she did not see any guns or shell casings in the trailer, but did notice a window in a bedroom was wide open.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

Note when listening to press releases the words "targeted while" and "appeared to be" and words like those. That does not show definate knowledge to. If you didnt hear it from official authorities or read it in an official report it is not official word. Medias job is to sell emotions. If you can clarify by providing a link on either Sheriff Reader or AG Dewine making statements stating on where any victims were locatated at the TOD or if in fact if one, some, or all were sleeping at TOD it would be much appreciated as with any of the other statements I have made. I would be happy to stand corrected. I dont know if you can be absolute in knowing if a victim is actually sleeping at TOD.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I don't know who pulled together the reward money, but, fwiw here's some info. They are right in that rewards don't shake loose tight lips. Never did cause an arrest in the killings of some young people, who were dealing, and were murdered not far from me. Signs, billboards, reward money, there were even one or two people who survived. It took ten years. The only reason they caught them when they did was that they screwed up at another crime scene and they were able to connect it back to the first one w/dna.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...offer-for-tips-on-8-pike-county-killings.html

Everything I've heard them say are not words to describe definately anything. They are careful to not say anything definately "Appeared and targeted while" are not words to describe that and those situations where described in very early releases.

I think awhile back we were talking about the reward money. From what I have heard, Ohio Crime Stoppers rely on private donations. The bad thing with any reward if somebody feels like they would be in danger if they talked, they aren't going to. We had two guys killed in an oil field explosion about eleven years ago. The investigation revealed that the rig had been tampered with. Within a week, there was a $50,000.00 reward offered. It still stands as of today...

I think awhile back we were talking about the reward money. From what I have heard, Ohio Crime Stoppers rely on private donations. The bad thing with any reward if somebody feels like they would be in danger if they talked, they aren't going to. We had two guys killed in an oil field explosion about eleven years ago. The investigation revealed that the rig had been tampered with. Within a week, there was a $50,000.00 reward offered. It still stands as of today...

I would like to think most people would do the right thing reward money or no. Just my opinion, but it's a shame you need to pay people to get justice for victims.

ETA: I couldn't find FAQ on the South Central Ohio Crime Stoppers, but other crime stoppers sites do show, like you said, private donations and corporate sponsorships fund the rewards.

And with that info regarding the probability of the reward never having to be paid out it is a much larger insult. IMO

I agree with you both. But if the knowledgeable person believes they will be in danger, especially if they have family close who could also be targeted, they are not going to talk!

I agree with you both. But if the knowledgeable person believes they will be in danger, especially if they have family close who could also be targeted, they are not going to talk!

Totally agree. Maybe they need to focus more on witness protection than reward money.

As for criminals that might know they will very rarely do the right thing unless it was to cut time of for their own sentence. As for other people who know, they are just to afraid for their own lives and the fear and responsibility to protect the lives families. If I felt my son's lives were in danger of retaliation in that situation I most likely would not speak out. Sorry but my responsibility is to them first.

Note when listening to press releases the words "targeted while" and "appeared to be" and words like those. That does not show definate knowledge to. If you didnt hear it from official authorities or read it in an official report it is not official word. Medias job is to sell emotions. If you can clarify by providing a link on either Sheriff Reader or AG Dewine making statements stating on where any victims were locatated at the TOD or if in fact if one, some, or all were sleeping at TOD it would be much appreciated as with any of the other statements I have made. I would be happy to stand corrected. I dont know if you can be absolute in knowing if a victim is actually sleeping at TOD.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

DS saw KR in his bed. BJM saw FR and HG in their bed with the 6 mos. old sitting between them. It has been released in the news, by Dewine, that the 4-day-old's (at the time) mother, HR, was next to the child, in bed, when HR was killed. It's also been released that all of them were shot in the head, and that only CR1 received gunshot wounds to any other place, than in the head. This leads me to believe that DR, and CR2, were probably murdered in bed as well. Until I learn otherwise, I'm still on the double/triple-tap theory, while they slept.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/2...e-new-clues-in-case-murdered-ohio-family.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member