OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just strikes me that anything the Rhodens had would make others jealous. But that's the nature of the beast, isn't it? Makes no sense, and is all filtered through individual perceptions.

I see them as a close family with a lot of love. I hope I'm seeing them as they really were. And not something I want to see based on my *own* perceptions. Their stuff? Gave me an anxiety attack looking at those pictures. But if they were happy, hey, more power to them.

Just some ramblings ...

I also feel they were a close and loving family. Being able to get along with an ex (to me) shows they were. Who knows what goes on in the minds of "others"? Jealousy is a ugly monster, just like murder is.

IMO, that's a poor community with little hope of any big business operations coming in to provide jobs for the people. Any show of someone getting ahead there would cause people to wonder and be jealous that they hadn't thought of a way for their families to do the same. The way in which the younger generation kinda bragged and flawted their pride in their family and it's "perks" IMO kinda was like pouring salt into a wound. Some people, can't stand seeing other people getting ahead and especially if they think it was in a dishonest way. This IMO, could cause "hate and resentment" in others who have less. The more "things" they saw the Rhodens aquiring, the more the jealousy built up inside them. IMO Chris Sr, buying that home for Dana was just the "last straw" for them. IMO, they got a family member involved that felt the same way in the "jealousy dept." . The family member wanted revenge or a "lesson taught" to the Rhoden's. The other person's wanted blood and used that family members jealousy to get to the Rhoden's
Seeing what happened to the family has made the family member to scared to come forward with the truth, and hopefully regret for what really happened is keeping them from coming forward to. This is JMO, who knows?
I could see that in a lot of the surrounding groups of people they had connections to. Some really had very little. And very little hope. I could also see them being very jealous of their social status and popularity if it was as some people suggested. A lot of people might not see the Rodens as what you would consider upper middle class or maybe not even middle class but the for people living in the very poor, drug addicted, and heavy crime areas around there they would seem very well off. If you add some sort of situation were a person or people feel very disrespected it could create a pressure cooker in a person from that kind of life style. Very well could lead to a very deap resentment for the whole family. Just one of the many ways I could see this stemming from.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Just throwing a thought out there. What if threats from an unknown source have been made against the two youngest children, but not against the third?

I read it the opposite. Like he hadn't considered it and was wondering himself.

ETA: If the "they don't know" stumble wasn't really a mistake, it could have a big hidden meaning, I suppose.

DeWine doesn't seem to be in the loop on everything. He's more a distant manager. <modsnip>

One big take away from the interview for me: DeWine has no idea why two children are being 'protected' and the third isn't.

He has no idea why there are protected? Or does he believe they don't really need to be protected? It's a different answer.

If they were really in danger, would he explain why? Probably not. IMO, it's like all the rest, he is not really confirming or denying.

If he thought that measure was not necessary he would say it to the judge.

He has no idea why there are protected? Or does he believe they don't really need to be protected? It's a different answer.

If they were really in danger, would he explain why? Probably not. IMO, it's like all the rest, he is not really confirming or denying.

If he thought that measure was not necessary he would say it to the judge.

It certainly isn't clear what he meant. I realize he isn't directly involved with those decisions but the answer struck me as odd. If you don't mind me asking, what do you think he meant?

It certainly isn't clear what he meant. I realize he isn't directly involved with those decisions but the answer struck me as odd. If you don't mind me asking, what do you think he meant?
He did say he was not involved in the decision. I believe that. He seems to say it's coming from investigation.

his first answer is "I am not sure I can answer that " - body language revealing stress. I think he is not comfortable answering. Wether he agrees or not.

He did say he was not involved in the decision. I believe that. He seems to say it's coming from investigation.

his first answer is "I am not sure I can answer that " - body language revealing stress. I think he is not comfortable answering. Wether he agrees or not.

I'm still stuck on the possibility of threats against the two children. I don't know...

The other thing interesting in that interview is about involvement of homeland security. finding about other illegal activities. Any idea on the scope of homeland security? Why would they be there?

The other thing also in that interview is the emotion around HR's death.

The other thing interesting in that interview is about involvement of homeland security. finding about other illegal activities. Any idea on the scope of homeland security? Why would they be there?

Possibly cartel involvement? Whatever the involvement is was he very quick to refuse to talk about it.

Maybe they feel that the custody battle over the children is going to get heated and are trying to do their best at protecting them from all that. Emotions in this case are extraordinarily high considering why it is that they are there in the first place. Everyone involved is going through a lot of pain. Maybe they are protecting them from situations like kidnapp. There would have to be scheduled visitations back n forth and possible fighting between those involved that may bring more trauma to those poor babies. Another thing that struck me is they might also be doing it to protect their own behinds if something was to happen to them they would have to answer to a he'll of a lot of angry citizens on how they could of let this happen why weren't these kids protected.

I'm trying to get a link to bother opening, but so many agencies combined under the umbrella of DHS. Immigration, border security, customs. I think we can potentially rule out the Coast Guard. :)

Hm. They're involved in human trafficking laws as well. I just think that would be a stretch in this case.

https://www.dhs.gov/

I really honestly feel there was motive for the interview itself. They are trying to accomplish something here. He went to a large, well known media outlet. Why? I think they are trying to get this case mainstream all over U.S. Its not just to inform the pubic of whats going on because he didnt add much to what we already know and it could be for several reasons. The more publicity the more stress it puts on the killers. I feel it's a form of intimidation. Maybe the killers are feeling the walls close in on them and they are hopeful that they will start acting suspicious and or start turning on each other.

I'm trying to get a link to bother opening, but so many agencies combined under the umbrella of DHS. Immigration, border security, customs. I think we can potentially rule out the Coast Guard. :)

Hm. They're involved in human trafficking laws as well. I just think that would be a stretch in this case.

https://www.dhs.gov/

Their down in Louisiana now helping with the flooding, I think some would like to see them just be a big gigantic umbrella, police and all. jmo

One big take away from the interview for me: DeWine has no idea why two children are being 'protected' and the third isn't.
I believe that is just baloney coming from Charlie, maybe to keep the hearings private.

Their down in Louisiana now helping with the flooding, I think some would like to see them just be a big gigantic umbrella, police and all. jmo

FEMA is under Homeland Security isn't it?

I'm still stuck on the possibility of threats against the two children. I don't know...
For some reason, instinct tells me there is no real danger to any of the babies. AG Mike is updated several times a week, he would certainly know if there had been threats to the babies, and would have been at the court hearing with Charlie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr