OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the DeWine interview: What he DID tell us is that they now know a lot more about all the criminal activity in PC, and I've looked in on the "current inmate" lists now and then, and people are being arrested all over. Last time I checked a groupe of 5-6 fb-friends were incarserated, most of them for manufacturing. It looks to me there has been an increase in drug related arrests in both Pike and surronding counties in the last few months (but I could be wrong). Anyway, I'm starting to think DeWine and all the involved agencies are using this investigation to "clean up" in the area, and hoping they'll stumble over the murderers in the process. MOO

Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)
National Gang Unit (NGU)

HSI's NGU leverages its anti-gang initiative called Operation Community Shield to enhance U.S. public safety. The unit develops strategic domestic and foreign law enforcement partnerships and utilizes those partnerships, along with all of its unique legal authorities to target gangs, to suppress violence and prosecute criminal enterprises.
https://www.ice.gov/national-gang-unit

Most people are not aware of HSI presence in drug trafficking and weapons trafficking investigations that involve street gangs, prison gangs, outlaw motorcycle gangs, and of course, international cartels.

I suspect HSI assistance in this case is bigger than immigration violations, although that would also trip their radar if any foreign nationals are connected in some form or fashion.

Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)
National Gang Unit (NGU)

https://www.ice.gov/national-gang-unit

Most people are not aware of HSI presence in drug trafficking and weapons trafficking investigations that involve street gangs, prison gangs, outlaw motorcycle gangs, and of course, international cartels.

I suspect HSI assistance in this case is bigger than immigration violations, although that would also trip their radar if any foreign nationals are connected in some form or fashion.
I was thinking immigration as a starting point for cartel involvement. Like I said, maybe a loose cartel connection, being three or four "steps" in between. No more often than I hear about Homeland Security, I usually think of them as being a unit that protects our borders, but not like Border Patrol, along the U.S. Mexico border but along the Atlantic, Pacific, and Gulf of Mexico borders, specifically protecting us from invasion by another country, wanting to start a war.

Regarding the DeWine interview: What he DID tell us is that they now know a lot more about all the criminal activity in PC, and I've looked in on the "current inmate" lists now and then, and people are being arrested all over. Last time I checked a groupe of 5-6 fb-friends were incarserated, most of them for manufacturing. It looks to me there has been an increase in drug related arrests in both Pike and surronding counties in the last few months (but I could be wrong). Anyway, I'm starting to think DeWine and all the involved agencies are using this investigation to "clean up" in the area, and hoping they'll stumble over the murderers in the process. MOO
Hey, they may already have them and just seeing what else they can squeeze out. You never know....Just a thought

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

IMO jealousy of what the Rhodens's business's provided for their family is part of the motive for the murders. Not the "pot" itself.

Jealousy, brewing over a long period of time, is one of my theories. I don't think it was all just jealousy over things, that their businesses allowed them to have, and enjoy. Although it could be part of it, this seems more personal than that. They seemed to be hard workers and the only illegal business activity that we know of, thus far, is the cannabis.

The other thing interesting in that interview is about involvement of homeland security. finding about other illegal activities. Any idea on the scope of homeland security? Why would they be there?

Homeland Security has a lot of branches. They could be helping LE with assistance in technology leads, for example. I don't know that much about HS except that they are into more areas than most of us realize.

For some reason, instinct tells me there is no real danger to any of the babies. AG Mike is updated several times a week, he would certainly know if there had been threats to the babies, and would have been at the court hearing with Charlie!

I don't really agree glf.

Imagine that when parents are murdered in other cases, the question of custody is raised frequently. Rarely we see a sheriff speaking against a custody case from family. Not for the sole purpose of protecting an investigation that is unrelated to the children.

It's a custody hearing. Reader doesn't need to tell everything about the investigation. But there is something he would have to unveil and he doesn't want to. If it's not paternity or health I don't know what it is...

Now again, it doesn't mean that's where the truth is, just where Reader's concern is.

I was thinking immigration as a starting point for cartel involvement. Like I said, maybe a loose cartel connection, being three or four "steps" in between. No more often than I hear about Homeland Security, I usually think of them as being a unit that protects our borders, but not like Border Patrol, along the U.S. Mexico border but along the Atlantic, Pacific, and Gulf of Mexico borders, specifically protecting us from invasion by another country, wanting to start a war.

The mission of HSI is much broader than issues directly related to border security.

Two recent investigations that HSI was involved in. They were the lead agency in the Tulsa investigation:

Six people were arrested in Tulsa Wednesday and more than $100,000 was seized following the execution of six state search warrants during a multi-agency operation targeting a major Mexican-based drug-trafficking organization (DTO) involved in smuggling and distributing heroin.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) is leading this investigation in close partnership with Tulsa County Sheriff's Office (TCSO). The following agencies assisted in this operation: Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics, Tulsa Police Department, FBI, Defense Criminal Investigative Service, U.S. Fish & Wildlife, Drug Enforcement Administration, and ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations; and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. HSI special agents from the following cities also assisted in the July 13 operation: Dallas and Amarillo, Texas; Ft. Smith and Fayetteville, Arkansas; and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/6...agency-operation-targeting-heroin-traffickers

BBM

A grand jury indicted eight members of a criminal drug organization involved in the distribution of opiates today. The case was investigated by the High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) Task Force, which comprises Homeland Security Investigations, Maryland State Police Maryland Major Traffickers Initiative, Frederick County Narcotics Unit and the Frederick Police Department.

“Heroin and fentanyl are insidious substances that tear at the fabric of our communities and threaten public safety, “ said Andre R. Watson, Special Agent in Charge for HSI Baltimore.

“Today’s events should clearly demonstrate the intensity and tenacity with which law enforcement attacks this issue and what successful interagency partnerships like this one can accomplish.”
https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/8-indicted-heroin-fentanyl-distribution-ring

I see the presence of HSI frequently in the drug trafficking cases I follow.

I suspect that HSI retains more collective information and knowledge regarding the various forms of drug trafficking organizations than any other federal agency, including DEA and the FBI.

Solvers and keepers of the big picture jigsaw puzzles, if you will.

The other thing also in that interview is the emotion around HR's death.

I found that to be quiet interesting.
I could be wrong, but I do not recall hearing either him or Pike Sheriff mention anyone personally in as much detail as he did there. He did that for a reason. Personally speaking I think its a clue.... a big one.
Also....even though like many I am frustrated with this dragging out, I think they know who did it. Perhaps a matter of connecting all the dots and there sure would be plenty of dots with 8 separate crime scenes in one!
He focused on HR and the baby for a couple minutes, maybe key in some way...
One thing we do know from this.... the murderer(s) were somewhat familiar with the homes.. That IS key. We have known this for awhile but for him to come out and say it tells me the Rhodens knew their killer, and the killer may have had help.

And their have been criminals, murderers, drug dealers, from the area that some have suggested were just recently caught fleeing to Mexico.

I could be wrong, but I do not recall hearing either him or Pike Sheriff mention anyone personally in as much detail as he did there. He did that for a reason. Personally speaking I think its a clue.... a big one.
Also....even though like many I am frustrated with this dragging out, I think they know who did it. Perhaps a matter of connecting all the dots and there sure would be plenty of dots with 8 separate crime scenes in one!
One thing we do know from this.... the murderer(s) were somewhat familiar with the homes.. That IS key. We have known this for awhile but for him to come out and say it tells me the Rhodens knew their killer, and the killer may have had help.

I have visions of a whiteboard the size of the side of a house.

With all do respect, although I am sure that all LE and AG have been emotionally effected by this soulless act, it may also be done to pull at the heartstrings and guilt of people to get involved and try to get someone to come forward. I really feel this interview was a orchestrated move by Dewine and LE. They are using the interview as a tool.That is why it was a one on one interview and not a press release. They wanted an more personal setting to make the citizens feel more connected. Jmo

The mission of HSI is much broader than issues directly related to border security.

Two recent investigations that HSI was involved in. They were the lead agency in the Tulsa investigation:

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/6...agency-operation-targeting-heroin-traffickers

BBM

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/8-indicted-heroin-fentanyl-distribution-ring

I see the presence of HSI frequently in the drug trafficking cases I follow.

I suspect that HSI retains more collective information and knowledge regarding the various forms of drug trafficking organizations than any other federal agency, including DEA and the FBI.

Solvers and keepers of the big picture jigsaw puzzles, if you will.
Wow! Tulsa is just 88 miles from where I lived in Kan! Wonder if the Postmaster General is pouting because they left him out?!
I've taken alot of history, but only had government for one year. And Lord only knows how much things have chgd since then! Maybe that bust in Tulsa will slow the drug traffic down to our county. That would certainly be a blessing. My two grandsons who live there are 12, and 11 come October.Jr. High even in small towns exposes kids to the older ones who are supposed to be role models, and alot of times they aren't. Scary.

I don't really agree glf.

Imagine that when parents are murdered in other cases, the question of custody is raised frequently. Rarely we see a sheriff speaking against a custody case from family. Not for the sole purpose of protecting an investigation that is unrelated to the children.

It's a custody hearing. Reader doesn't need to tell everything about the investigation. But there is something he would have to unveil and he doesn't want to. If it's not paternity or health I don't know what it is...

Now again, it doesn't mean that's where the truth is, just where Reader's concern is.

Other than being first cousins, the issues surrounding the infants, are just more complicated, than those surrounding the other two children. I can understand Reader erring on the side of caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr