OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I removed some posts about a man in IN and his social media. he is not a case player, therefore it was off topic.

I felt like it was just an interview comment. Not a slight at HG. I've always felt like a days old baby beside her dead mother was a little more horrifying news wise than a 6 month old. Also, BJM took the 6 month old out of the scene, along with his older brother. Unless someone ran in and got HR's baby out of the trailer, it almost sounds like she laid in there until LE arrived.

I've wondered about that.

I guess I'll be that person. I don't know where Dewine was going with that, if anywhere, but I'll admit, I did find it worth taking note that he did focus on HR and her infant. Probably b/c I have thought about all three children, in the home, w/ deceased parents, and both scenes are equally horrifying, in my mind's eye, anyway. The toddler somewhat more-so than the infant and six month old, b/c he had to have some awareness that something was very wrong with Mommy & Daddy, and he was in his home, all alone, with his deceased parents, except for his baby brother, who is sitting in bed w/their parents, and covered in their blood. Now, for being that person. None of us know how we would react in any situation, until we are in said situation, but, I feel that I'd have gone in and gotten the baby, had I heard her crying. I feel I would have gone in, even if I hadn't heard the baby crying. I'm just saying, that I'd not have immediately leaped to the conclusion that everyone was deceased, and beyond help. No two people think alike though.

I guess I'll be that person. I don't know where Dewine was going with that, if anywhere, but I'll admit, I did find it worth taking note that he did focus on HR and her infant. Probably b/c I have thought about all three children, in the home, w/ deceased parents, and both scenes are equally horrifying, in my mind's eye, anyway. The toddler even more-so than the infant and six month old, b/c he had to have some awareness that something was very wrong with Mommy & Daddy, and he was in his home, all alone, with his deceased parents, except for his baby brother, who is sitting in bed w/their parents, and covered in their blood. Now, for being that person. None of us know how we would react in any situation, until we are in said situation, but, I feel that I'd have gone in and gotten the baby, had I heard her crying. I feel I would have gone in, even if I hadn't heard the baby crying. I'm just saying, that I'd not have immediately leaped to the conclusion that everyone was deceased, and beyond help. No two people think alike though.

I'm right there with ya'.

OK, now I'm confused! Been gone from here for a couple of hours, and I haven't got a clue as to what tlcya notified us about!

See my post, #922. There's a link there. We can discuss the contents of his letter to the paper, but not his FB.

Criminologist Fox said the cops aren't trying to be difficult: "Families are often frustrated. That's not just true in the mountains of Appalachia. That's just how cops do their job. They just need to protect the information that only the killers would know."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/08/20/dewine-rhoden-killers-familiar-family/88957604/

"This was not a spontaneous crime," Fox said. "Further, the perpetrators planned to get away with it. So police need some degree of luck here. Cases like this are often solved with a lucky break."

bbm

No offense to anyone, but don't criminals always want to get away with it? Most of the info we continue to receive from "the powers that be" are kinda of obvious statements.

I guess I'll be that person. I don't know where Dewine was going with that, if anywhere, but I'll admit, I did find it worth taking note that he did focus on HR and her infant. Probably b/c I have thought about all three children, in the home, w/ deceased parents, and both scenes are equally horrifying, in my mind's eye, anyway. The toddler even more-so than the infant and six month old, b/c he had to have some awareness that something was very wrong with Mommy & Daddy, and he was in his home, all alone, with his deceased parents, except for his baby brother, who is sitting in bed w/their parents, and covered in their blood. Now, for being that person. None of us know how we would react in any situation, until we are in said situation, but, I feel that I'd have gone in and gotten the baby, had I heard her crying. I feel I would have gone in, even if I hadn't heard the baby crying. I'm just saying, that I'd not have immediately leaped to the conclusion that everyone was deceased, and beyond help. No two people think alike though.

The Manley's have been on my radar for quite a while. IMO, they know something. BJM had been to CR1's everyday for a long time, I think she may also have lived with them at sometime, or was there enough that it seemed that way.(JMO) Most of their extended family had stayed with them at one time or another, nothing strange about that, my family is the same on that regard. But why, of all days; did she have "others" with her that morning? I know she was upset (as anyone would be), but to forget the address? I as a mother, would have went in to check on my family, praying the whole way that someone was left alive. BJM had already " found" 4 of her family dead, and I assume called her dad and brother to check on the others. Why when you heard a newborn baby crying (and being a father) would you not rush in and get the child? Protection would take over in my mind. But as you said rsd, people react to situations differently. All this is JMO.

No offense to anyone, but don't criminals always want to get away with it? Most of the info we continue to receive from "the powers that be" are kinda of obvious statements.
Imo, yes most do. Unless they are serial killers. Then sometimes it's a game.That's the point in planning and or trying to cover up and conceal evidence. And yes I feel all they have told us is obvious. I think portions of the interview were directed to the killers. I think homeland security business was in part directed toward them. In all I'm convinced the interview was was psychological tactic geared in three directions. To calm, to persuade, and to intimidate according to the different audience's.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

The Manley's have been on my radar for quite a while. IMO, they know something. BJM had been to CR1's everyday for a long time, I think she may also have lived with them at sometime, or was there enough that it seemed that way.(JMO) Most of their extended family had stayed with them at one time or another, nothing strange about that, my family is the same on that regard. But why, of all days; did she have "others" with her that morning? I know she was upset (as anyone would be), but to forget the address? I as a mother, would have went in to check on my family, praying the whole way that someone was left alive. BJM had already " found" 4 of her family dead, and I assume called her dad and brother to check on the others. Why when you heard a newborn baby crying (and being a father) would you not rush in and get the child? Protection would take over in my mind. But as you said rsd, people react to situations differently. All this is JMO.

I've wondered that about the extra couple as well. The press has pretty much left them alone too. I don't believe LM knows a lot re; the goings on, w/the exception of maybe being suspicious about the pot, but, I believe the others do know more. I think BJM called LM and, unless I'm mistaken, I think he called JM. If I found my b-i-l deceased, I'd have called my sister first, I'd think. But, either way, if I'd been the brother, and gotten that call, and then I go to my sister's house, to what I'd think would be, to break the news about CR1; What tripped him off that they were in there deceased? Was the door standing open or unlocked? If I hear the baby crying, but no one answers me, is Mom in the shower, and doesn't hear me? According to his wife, JM specifically said, "He didn't want to find his niece like that.". I'd not want to find my niece, nephew, nor sister, like that. I guess CR2 should have already been at school by then? Possibly he thought DR went in to pull a day shift? I'm not accusing him, but, like w/DS and BJM, some things just don't fit for me, but, I've never been in their shoes, so idk what was going through their minds.

I think Fox is offering general/obvious statements because that is all he has. He isn't involved with the investigation. MOO

I've wondered that about the extra couple as well. The press has pretty much left them alone too. I don't believe LM knows a lot re; the goings on, w/the exception of maybe being suspicious about the pot, but, I believe the others do know more. I think BJM called LM and, unless I'm mistaken, I think he called JM. If I found my b-i-l deceased, I'd have called my sister first, I'd think. But, either way, if I'd been the brother, and gotten that call, and then I go to my sister's house, to what I'd think would be, to break the news about CR1; What tripped him off that they were in there deceased? Was the door standing open or unlocked? If I hear the baby crying, but no one answers me, is Mom in the shower, and doesn't hear me? According to his wife, JM specifically said, "He didn't want to find his niece like that.". I'd not want to find my niece, nephew, nor sister, like that. I guess CR2 should have already been at school by then? Possibly he thought DR went in to pull a day shift? I'm not accusing him, but, like w/DS and BJM, some things just don't fit for me, but, I've never been in their shoes, so idk what was going through their minds.

IMO, they were expecting something before they got there (first arrivals BJM etc.) I don't think what they found was what they expected. I say this because of what they said to her that night (LE asking how much money she was paid to kill her family) and when Reader had the family and friends in the church (someone in here knows what happened), James Manleys truck being towed( the one he was driving that belonged to CR1) , LM saying he has no hate in his heart, BJM helping CR1 take care of the children and cleaning his house (knows the layouts quite well). IMO Dana was not to happy about this. All this is JMO. I also think that the Manleys are either the "family members" the LE is worried about or are saying that to get them to talk. JMO.

I think Fox is offering general/obvious statements because that is all he has. He isn't involved with the investigation. MOO
So, just curious, why do an interview at all? What would be the point? Why not just release a statement saying no new updates? And why would the choose him?

So, just curious, why do an interview at all? What would be the point? Why not just release a statement saying no new updates? And why would the choose him?

IMO, to get the public and media off their butts for awhile.

Criminologist Fox said the cops aren't trying to be difficult: "Families are often frustrated. That's not just true in the mountains of Appalachia. That's just how cops do their job. They just need to protect the information that only the killers would know."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/08/20/dewine-rhoden-killers-familiar-family/88957604/

"This was not a spontaneous crime," Fox said. "Further, the perpetrators planned to get away with it. So police need some degree of luck here. Cases like this are often solved with a lucky break."

bbm

I think "want" and "plan" are two different things. One shows premeditation and one doesn't necessarily. They "planned" to get away with it shows this wasn't some off the cuff incident.

Only a couple of the comments in the article are from Fox. The interview is the AG.

Honestly, I go to relatives all the time that I couldn't begin to tell you their address. I go there, I don't send mail to them. Friends as well.

He said he saw Dana's legs if I remember that specifically, and then "backed out".

IMO, to get the public and media off their butts for awhile.
"To calm, to persuade, and to intimidate according to the different audience's."

I agree.That's the calm part I included but because of the other factors I think there's more to it.
Imo, yes most do. Unless they are serial killers. Then sometimes it's a game.That's the point in planning and or trying to cover up and conceal evidence. And yes I feel all they have told us is obvious. I think portions of the interview were directed to the killers. I think homeland security business was in part directed toward them. In all I'm convinced the interview was was psychological tactic geared in three directions. To calm, to persuade, and to intimidate according to the different audience's.

He said he saw Dana's legs if I remember that specifically, and then "backed out".

That sounds right. I think i remember it wasn't unusual for the other couple to be with her, but I'm not sure.

Honestly, I go to relatives all the time that I couldn't begin to tell you their address. I go there, I don't send mail to them. Friends as well.

But with all due respect to you, she was there everyday to feed the animals. I think that most families have a "family gossip" ( I know we do) you know the one that has to know what everyone's doing and "speading" the news with other family members. Weather it's their "business" or not. In our family, we just know not to tell that person anything that is important to us. This person in our family likes to imbelish the stories with whatever makes them seem like the good guy. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE