OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think LE will release a profile of the killer(s)?

Hmm. Good question.
Maybe. It all depends on what LE would think they had to gain. I kind of doubt it, but who knows.
I think if they did you would be seeing some of that Hillbilly Justice, and they don't want that.

I think my brain might be in overload. What dead body in whose truck? Is there a link for this?
I have followed this from the get go, missed this somehow.

Im up in the middle of the night letting the dog poo so I'm foggy. Harry Harvey Howard Jr. It was discussed in the very early threads. Specifically, JaimieinLa post #608. Im not sure which thread #. Henry Clay, husband to Kathy Clay owned the property on which the body was found. I have screen shots but didn't capture the part with link info.

Hmm. Good question.
Maybe. It all depends on what LE would think they had to gain. I kind of doubt it, but who knows.
I think if they did you would be seeing some of that Hillbilly Justice, and they don't want that.

I have been a member of WS many years but only follow and have followed a few cases in-depth. The cases are usually ones that either become cold cases or ones that are so convoluted as to be almost unbelievable. I think every single thing that Sheriff Reader has done publicly has maximum impact intended. Practically silence on LE's part for months and then his interviews, etc. I feel sure he knows who did this and why. MOO is that these murders have resulted in the discovery of other (related?) criminal enterprises as the MSM accounts of LE activity has shown. I have wondered often about the real reason for moving the crime scenes. Some thoughts have been that, somehow, one of the victims was able to do something inside one of the mobile homes to indicate who the killer(s) are. I just don't think all these victims were taken out without a fight. The possible profile? Yes, it would create a sh**storm locally. That might be what it takes to get justice for these horrible crimes. I hope when arrests are made, and I believe they will happen, that LE comes prepared and protected.

I think my brain might be in overload. What dead body in whose truck? Is there a link for this?
I have followed this from the get go, missed this somehow.

Post #608 thread #3. He also went by Hobby Howard.

At this point in time, I doubt we will get a profile. I never understood why Howard's death just seemed to get swept under the rug. Or at least lack of media attn made it seem that way. Kind of like he wasn't related to the mayor, or some big name family, so it didn't seem to matter much. This may sound ugly, but I haven't seen much to like about the Clay family. At least not the ones who have connections to our victims.

I'm still of the opinion the family was killed because of something CR1 saw, learned or encountered.

JMO, CR1 was the leader of the family. He was a good ole boy, but he was very smart, disciplined and hard working. He chose to support his family and earn a living through legitimate employment. For most of his adult life, he stayed away from activities that would put him in jail. Most of his property has been returned to family, indicating he wasn't involved in fencing stolen property, nor was he wealthy. People who have a lot of illicit funds don't get up at dawn and go to work every day, with little break for vacations or other indulgences. The same applies to his wife and kids. He wasn't reckless, didn't get hooked on drugs or spend his time out drinking and carousing. He worked and took care of his family. He avoided situations that put himself and his family in danger. In a different environment/culture, he probably would have become a successful businessman.

IMO, his problems began with the grow op for pot. He and his brother began growing a little marijuana for extra cash, possibly got involved in making "shatter" to increase profit margins. If he were raking in a lot of cash from raising the fighting roosters and derby cars, he probably wouldn't have started the grow op. Somewhere in that business venture, he encountered some very dangerous people. He was a smart guy, knew everyone in the area. He likely saw or heard some things that put him at risk. He may have gone to LE or they to him (because of the grow op) and put himself in a risky position. He probably had a chance to look the other way on serious criminal activity or to join in, but didn't.

He was stuck, with little or no protection from dangerous people who thought he was a major risk to their activities. He tried to handle it on his own, with security, guns, dogs, and by closely observing what was going on in the area. He was smart enough to avoid greater danger by going on the offense, but circled the wagons to protect his family, kept a low profile. He thought he knew who he could trust, but obviously miscalculated. Since he was still growing pot, he must have had some kind of reassurance that it was safe to do so. Since he was likely very observant and knew what was going on in the area, he was betrayed and attacked by a combination of people

he thought he could trust or didn't know about his activities
people he didn't know, who weren't from the area
people he didn't think would be brazen enough to attempt to kill him (LE, etc.)

He seemed to be a careful guy who controlled his environment. With a grow op, it seems unlikely he had a lot of people going in and out of his home or surroundings (other family members). Only people who needed to be there, who he trusted, definitely no strangers. It's unlikely he was hosting parties with lots of people coming in, doing drugs, getting loaded, hanging out.

All JMO. Just reorganizing my thoughts here, after considering all the various theories about what happened.

I have been a member of WS many years but only follow and have followed a few cases in-depth. The cases are usually ones that either become cold cases or ones that are so convoluted as to be almost unbelievable. I think every single thing that Sheriff Reader has done publicly has maximum impact intended. Practically silence on LE's part for months and then his interviews, etc. I feel sure he knows who did this and why. MOO is that these murders have resulted in the discovery of other (related?) criminal enterprises as the MSM accounts of LE activity has shown. I have wondered often about the real reason for moving the crime scenes. Some thoughts have been that, somehow, one of the victims was able to do something inside one of the mobile homes to indicate who the killer(s) are. I just don't think all these victims were taken out without a fight. The possible profile? Yes, it would create a sh**storm locally. That might be what it takes to get justice for these horrible crimes. I hope when arrests are made, and I believe they will happen, that LE comes prepared and protected.

I think every single thing Sheriff Reader has said has been carefully thought out to send a message to the killers. This statement in particular is what set me on course for it being a custody issue.

For killers to do what they did, and crime scenes where children were saved, they had enough compassion," said Reader. But he thinks that figuring out why the kids were not murdered could provide insight as to what was behind the killing.

Click here: Pike County Sheriff says he doesn't want to see a victim number 9 after Rhoden massacre | WSYX

I'm still of the opinion the family was killed because of something CR1 saw, learned or encountered.

JMO, CR1 was the leader of the family. He was a good ole boy, but he was very smart, disciplined and hard working. He chose to support his family and earn a living through legitimate employment. For most of his adult life, he stayed away from activities that would put him in jail. Most of his property has been returned to family, indicating he wasn't involved in fencing stolen property, nor was he wealthy. People who have a lot of illicit funds don't get up at dawn and go to work every day, with little break for vacations or other indulgences. The same applies to his wife and kids. He wasn't reckless, didn't get hooked on drugs or spend his time out drinking and carousing. He worked and took care of his family. He avoided situations that put himself and his family in danger. In a different environment/culture, he probably would have become a successful businessman.

IMO, his problems began with the grow op for pot. He and his brother began growing a little marijuana for extra cash, possibly got involved in making "shatter" to increase profit margins. If he were raking in a lot of cash from raising the fighting roosters and derby cars, he probably wouldn't have started the grow op. Somewhere in that business venture, he encountered some very dangerous people. He was a smart guy, knew everyone in the area. He likely saw or heard some things that put him at risk. He may have gone to LE or they to him (because of the grow op) and put himself in a risky position. He probably had a chance to look the other way on serious criminal activity or to join in, but didn't.

He was stuck, with little or no protection from dangerous people who thought he was a major risk to their activities. He tried to handle it on his own, with security, guns, dogs, and by closely observing what was going on in the area. He was smart enough to avoid greater danger by going on the offense, but circled the wagons to protect his family, kept a low profile. He thought he knew who he could trust, but obviously miscalculated. Since he was still growing pot, he must have had some kind of reassurance that it was safe to do so. Since he was likely very observant and knew what was going on in the area, he was betrayed and attacked by a combination of people

He seemed to be a careful guy who controlled his environment. With a grow op, it seems unlikely he had a lot of people going in and out of his home or surroundings (other family members). Only people who needed to be there, who he trusted, definitely no strangers. It's unlikely he was hosting parties with lots of people coming in, doing drugs, getting loaded, hanging out.

All JMO. Just reorganizing my thoughts here, after considering all the various theories about what happened.

I got the impression the security cameras were there to prevent theft. I would imagine all those cars would be a temptation to someone needing a car part or just needing some quick money and not minding stealing a car part or two to sell.

Wow! Very well stated! 👏🏼

I hope when it happens they are protected and prepared also. Sincerely frightening to even try to imagine the emotion officers experience in times like that. Gives me shivers.

I got the impression the security cameras were there to prevent theft. I would imagine all those cars would be a temptation to someone needing a car part or just needing some quick money and not minding stealing a car part or two to sell.

You got me thinking on those cameras again. :thinking: LOL!
We know CRSr had them, and KR also. I am going back and try to find if they recorded to a separate device. To me surely? Why have them if not. I know they lived very rural. I have a cousin in a nearby area who has a dish, pricier but that is their only choice to have internet. DR had internet, others were on social media..I do wonder IF these cameras recorded, where did they record to. Obviously, the intruders knew..

You got me thinking on those cameras again. :thinking: LOL!
We know CRSr had them, and KR also. I am going back and try to find if they recorded to a separate device. To me surely? Why have them if not. I know they lived very rural. I have a cousin in a nearby area who has a dish, pricier but that is their only choice to have internet. DR had internet, others were on social media..I do wonder IF these cameras recorded, where did they record to. Obviously, the intruders knew..

My guess would be that they recorded onsite. Internet upload, unless you have some amazing speed (I'm one of the few in my area to have really good internet speed.) would be time consuming and costly in many areas. I know folks who are still limited to how much data they can use each month so they can't even get Netflix. Also, it was most likely a deterrent. If you're growing pot, you aren't likely to take the video to LE. j.s.

Putting this together, we think it was recorded to a device nearby. We believe intruders took cameras. Said intruders knew CRSr AND KR pretty darn well to know where storage from cameras were. Who would know both of these fellows that well? Hmm.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Putting this together, we think it was recorded to a device nearby. We believe intruders took cameras. Said intruders knew CRSr AND KR pretty darn well to know where storage from cameras were. Who would know both of these fellows that well? Hmm.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

There was at least one, who knew where KR's were;
Stone discovered his body and called police adding: 'Those cameras were not there. They had been taken down by the killer.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elped-identify-killers-removed-murderers.html

I sincerely hope this week coming will be the week Reader starts rattling cages.
I am going to stop by his office this next week, to show support for justice. I would have went this week but am down with that virus that everyone seems to be getting around here.

Somebody needs to start shaking up the townspeople. Maybe somebody will remember one little thing they saw or heard that will help bring some of the pieces together.
Got a virus, huh? Bummer! My husband has been stopped up with a cold. Between the difference in the climate here, and Santa Fe, and unloading a refrigerated trailer, he's miserable!
:getwell::cat::cat:

What is interesting is how does DS know the killer took the cameras? Maybe KR took them down for maintenance or something. When was the last time DS saw those cameras?

DS is one interesting character.

So I don't think DS is sharp enough to do all this himself. However, he might be vulnerable enough to help someone do it. Maybe they coerced him into helping or paid him to help. He seems low functioning, like a follower. I know I said this before, but I find it alarming that all the rhodens (except one who is not a part of any rhoden discussions) are no longer friends with him on fb. Holdren is still friends with everyone, so are the Manleys, but not DS, he has either separated himself or they have unfriended him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members