OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed this from the beginning.
It's gotten to a point this is being lost in the blame LE shuffle. They had a few who have done things that were questionable. BUT I didn't think WS allowed a page just to bash LE? Am I wrong ?
Someone out there knows something and until they speak up this will sit here! Stalled!

I wouldn't say anyone here is bashing LE, so to speak.
We're just discussing the questionable behaviour some members of LE are exhibiting.
IMO, LE knows something and for whatever reason is hiding what they know :\

Not bashing LE whatsoever just to be clear.For the record, I like Reader and his red hair!
However, Junk is sure not getting any compliments from this gal nope. He needs to go.

We are a little over one month away from the one year anniversary of this crime.
I am interested to see if Sheriff Reader comes out with a doggone good update, arrests would be better. OR if he continues to sell used tires and chairs in Facebook. Yes, he did.

He's got a picture up of the new truck the country bought for from drug money, brags of all the other crime he IS successful in fighting, but not the first word about anything he is doing to solve this nearly one year old mass murder. Can't say more or it will jeopardize the case he says. Really?

Part of me thinks young DeWine withdrawing himself from the case to decide on autopsies from being released is a sign that maybe, things are building toward an arrest. But then I think, what's the harm releasing autopsy reports?

Another part of me knows the county's reputation on solving murders. It isn't good. And, we can't forget the JJ case not very long ago. They had him on two separate murders, he walked. (Thank you Junk..!)

Can't forget this one!

Son of big business owner in Pike County (funeral home) gets charges dropped and he's running a shatter lab! (Thanks again Junk!)

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...s-dropped-derek-boyer-aaron-higgins/86145380/

I have been pondering these other nearby murders and similarities....IF they are all connected, serial killer much?

Not bashing LE whatsoever just to be clear.For the record, I like Reader and his red hair!
However, Junk is sure not getting any compliments from this gal nope. He needs to go.

We are a little over one month away from the one year anniversary of this crime.
I am interested to see if Sheriff Reader comes out with a doggone good update, arrests would be better. OR if he continues to sell used tires and chairs in Facebook. Yes, he did.

He's got a picture up of the new truck the country bought for from drug money, brags of all the other crime he IS successful in fighting, but not the first word about anything he is doing to solve this nearly one year old mass murder. Can't say more or it will jeopardize the case he says. Really?

Part of me thinks young DeWine withdrawing himself from the case to decide on autopsies from being released is a sign that maybe, things are building toward an arrest. But then I think, what's the harm releasing autopsy reports?

Another part of me knows the county's reputation on solving murders. It isn't good. And, we can't forget the JJ case not very long ago. They had him on two separate murders, he walked. (Thank you Junk..!)

Can't forget this one!

Son of big business owner in Pike County (funeral home) gets charges dropped and he's running a shatter lab! (Thanks again Junk!)

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...s-dropped-derek-boyer-aaron-higgins/86145380/

I have been pondering these other nearby murders and similarities....IF they are all connected, serial killer much?

It could be classified as serial but I don't think we'll see our "typical serial killer" profile.

I see more of a spree type robbery murder thing. If of course they can even be connected.

Can't forget this one!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but is this not the largest unsolved mass murder in US history currently not involving a aircraft bombing or train?

I came up with "invester murders" Craig Alaska 1982 8 people. The boat was burned so bad they didn't even know how many bodies they had. Middle of Alaska on a boat badly burned. Not easy to solve.

Also "Villisca murders" Iowa 1912 8 people killed with an axe. One suspect was tried twice. Over 100 years ago sounds like they knew who did it but couldn't make it stick.

8 is a bad number. It's very weird it didn't and is not getting more attention. It's totally abnormal to begin with and even more abnormal that there's no arrest.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but is this not the largest unsolved mass murder in US history currently not involving a aircraft bombing or train?

I thought I'd heard that before; maybe real early on.

I came up with "invester murders" Craig Alaska 1982 8 people. The boat was burned so bad they didn't even know how many bodies they had. Middle of Alaska on a boat badly burned. Not easy to solve.

Also "Villisca murders" Iowa 1912 8 people killed with an axe. One suspect was tried twice. Over 100 years ago sounds like they knew who did it but couldn't make it stick.

8 is a bad number. It's very weird it didn't and is not getting more attention. It's totally abnormal to begin with and even more abnormal that there's no arrest.

BBM
I went on a similar hunt and came up w/the axe murders. I did not run across the burned boat murders. Did they solve it? The only other one that I can think of, and they caught them, (of which I've referred to probably too many times, sorry, but this one makes me think of it) is the "in cold blood" murders.

I just started reading this thread and going backwards I'm on page 16..I am completely speechless...I feel like I'm reading the plot for movie..amazed that this type of corruption, moo, can happen when 8 people were murdered!!!! I found WS because of this case but that was early last year...I've recently been lurking on Abby and Libby..noticed this thread and it renewed my interest. I don't know who but somebody (maybe from a federal agency) needs to take over..I just...am...speechless and I have 24 threads to go.

BBM
I went on a similar hunt and came up w/the axe murders. I did not run across the burned boat murders. Did they solve it? The only other one that I can think of, and they caught them, (of which I've referred to probably too many times, sorry, but this one makes me think of it) is the "in cold blood" murders.

No those 2 are not solved. Given circumstances I kinda understand. Still I don't know how many of 8 or more actually happened but only 2 unsolved and one of them being over 100 years and the other like 35. I'd say odds are pretty good for LE, so what's the problem?

I just started reading this thread and going backwards I'm on page 16..I am completely speechless...I feel like I'm reading the plot for movie..amazed that this type of corruption, moo, can happen when 8 people were murdered!!!! I found WS because of this case but that was early last year...I've recently been lurking on Abby and Libby..noticed this thread and it renewed my interest. I don't know who but somebody (maybe from a federal agency) needs to take over..I just...am...speechless and I have 24 threads to go.
Welcome ts51! Your in for a lot of fun... see you in about a month. I often find myself starring off thinking about this speechless.

I believe five members of the Clutter family were killed at Holcomb. There was one surviving daughter, she was away at college when her family was killed.
I haven't seen the PCSD FB, but maybe I should take a look. I don't know about Ohio, but I don't think Texas would allow an employee to post items for sale on the county website, unless he was selling them for the county. But from reading the above post, I don't think that is the case.
I am really sick of the way Charlie always seems to be to be patting himself on the back and bragging about what a good LEO he is, instead of working with other LE, trying to solve the N and E murders, ,along with the Rhoden murders, and other similar type killings to try and determine if they are indeed connected, and do something positive to try and solve this crime.

No those 2 are not solved. Given circumstances I kinda understand. Still I don't know how many of 8 or more actually happened but only 2 unsolved and one of them being over 100 years and the other like 35. I'd say odds are pretty good for LE, so what's the problem?
No problem, I look for similar murders all of the time and just never ran across the boat murders. It was different, and I was simply curious if they solved it, my computer has been on the blitz or I'd looked it up myself. I'm w/you, this doesn't happen every day. I've searched six ways from Sunday and there just aren't many cases like this. Even the Manson murders, which were heinous, and none like them at the time, were over a course of weeks, with the Tate house murders being the largest number at one place, iirc.

I believe five members of the Clutter family were killed at Holcomb. There was one surviving daughter, she was away at college when her family was killed.
I haven't seen the PCSD FB, but maybe I should take a look. I don't know about Ohio, but I don't think Texas would allow an employee to post items for sale on the county website, unless he was selling them for the county. But from reading the above post, I don't think that is the case.
I am really sick of the way Charlie always seems to be to be patting himself on the back and bragging about what a good LEO he is, instead of working with other LE, trying to solve the N and E murders, ,along with the Rhoden murders, and other similar type killings to try and determine if they are indeed connected, and do something positive to try and solve this crime.

Idk, I think Reader inherited a mess, and is trying to straighten that out, along with solving the murders of 8 people, who were essentially murdered in three different counties, not long after he took all of this over. I do think that if they're not involved, that there could be more outside assistance welcomed in, but, I don't know how they're investigating it all, but all of the murders happened to one family, in a small area, but in three different counties. We've heard nothing from the other two counties.

No problem, I look for similar murders all of the time and just never ran across the boat murders. It was different, and I was simply curious if they solved it, my computer has been on the blitz or I'd looked it up myself. I'm w/you, this doesn't happen every day. I've searched six ways from Sunday and there just aren't many cases like this. Even the Manson murders, which were heinous, and none like them at the time, were over a course of weeks, with the Tate house murders being the largest number at one place, iirc.

Sorry if you thought I was directing my what's the problem question towards you rds. I was asking generally what's the problem with LE not solving or at least publicly being closer to something. You may not have thought that at all I just wanted to my sure we were on the same page. Sometimes.... a lot of times my writing doesn't come out right.

Sorry if you thought I was directing my what's the problem question towards you rds. I was asking generally what's the problem with LE not solving or at least publicly being closer to something. You may not have thought that at all I just wanted to my sure we were on the same page. Sometimes.... a lot of times my writing doesn't come out right.
We're cool Iron. I just misunderstood. Not your fault. It just happens every now and then on the internet. My computer being down has me in a bit of an ill mood. I might have lost all of my links, bookmarks, photos, etc... b/c I put off a backup. I apologize if I came off flip.

We're cool Iron. I just misunderstood. Not your fault. It just happens every now and then on the internet. My computer being down has me in a bit of an ill mood. I might have lost all of my links, bookmarks, photos, etc... b/c I put off a backup. I apologize if I came off flip.

All good rds. O man that sucks.

Three people were found murdered in Topeka in a private home, after police were asked to do a welfare check. Police believe they have all suspects in jail at this time. Maybe THEY should be handling the Rhoden case!

:deadhorse::cat::cat:

Not sure about the U.S. but it was said this was the largest mass murder in Ohio. Also the pictures and what not are not on the Sheriff's Office website, his Facebook.
One year ago at this time they were all alive, living their lives. I look back, read things over again. Then I look at some of the smiling family in DR's flipogram for HRs baby shower. Although the videos there are very short, you can get a glimpse of their contentment. I can't help but smile seeing LM happy. If they only knew the horror that would take place such a short time later in that very home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop