OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder where their info came from. I thought all that was seal by court order...

A spokesman for the FCSO, Marc Gofstein, told the news media. FCSO was part of the raid. Seems LE in more urban, populated areas are more comfortable with sharing public information when it's legal to do so. The raids were widely covered by the news media and witnesses reported seeing a SWAT vehicle among the other vehicles.

http://www.10tv.com/article/franklin-co-swat-helps-search-evidence-rhoden-family-murders

ETA: Sorry, I thought you were referring to the SWAT team. WRT paternity tests for HR's infant, it seems the reporter got that information from a confidential source. She's had a few other tips given to her by insiders in this investigation. One other she mentioned was a "rumor" that BCI & PCSO had refused more assistance from the FBI. DeWine dodged that question.

I wonder where their info came from. I thought all that was seal by court order...
Idk. Maybe JW. I dug around for further info and noticed that CH has removed the ultrasound pic on his SM. Made me think that his test may be negative too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You sure are quick to the W's defense on EVERYTHING........

Everyone is being quick to accuse him. I'm just pointing out that that may not be the case. We have no proof one way or the other on anyone's guilt.
If you were in a bank the day it got robbed and your car was the same color as the getaway car, does that make you guilty of anything?

Not sure if this has been discussed recently . I apologize if it has, its tough to keep up on these threads, as well as working and taking care of a newborn . Anyways, has there been any talk of CH? Where has he been ? It has been confirmed that he isn't the father of R? I suppose if he was the bio father, custody would be granted to him. However, that has not been stated. The infant was four days old, why wouldn't he be staying the night with HR- especially if they were together and R was believed to be his??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/

Okay this is bothering me. For whatever reason, it's bothering me right now .
So, I imagine that CH believed that he was father of that child- prior to her birth and upon the day she was born. There is no indication that he knew otherwise ? If he believed that R was his child, why wasn't he with HMR that night ? Even if he knew that it wasn't his child , if he was truly dating HMR, wouldn't he still be there for her following the birth? Why is this troubling to me?
If he believes he is the father of R, what could possibly be going on in his head right now? I remember seeing a picture of CH at the baby shower. That leads me to believe that he thought he was the father. What changed that ? Am I missing something ? Why does everyone think that JW is the father ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I remember HR and CH had parted company before the birth...

So, I imagine that CH believed that he was father of that child- prior to her birth and upon the day she was born. There is no indication that he knew otherwise ? If he believed that R was his child, why wasn't he with HMR that night ? Even if he knew that it wasn't his child , if he was truly dating HMR, wouldn't he still be there for her following the birth? Why is this troubling to me?
If he believes he is the father of R, what could possibly be going on in his head right now? I remember seeing a picture of CH at the baby shower. That leads me to believe that he thought he was the father. What changed that ? Am I missing something ? Why does everyone think that JW is the father ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I believe early on in an interview that CH stated he was not the father, but would have been willing to be in little KR's life. I don't think he was a serious BF but just a convenient one. I think he wasn't there that night with HR because she had just got home with the baby and was likely still not feeling well after that. She may have been looking forward to an early night and some well deserved rest. Then again DR may have had a policy about BF's staying the night especially if there was a custody dispute.

I believe early on in an interview that CH stated he was not the father, but would have been willing to be in little KR's life. I don't think he was a serious BF but just a convenient one. I think he wasn't there that night with HR because she had just got home with the baby and was likely still not feeling well after that. She may have been looking forward to an early night and some well deserved rest. Then again DR may have had a policy about BF's staying the night especially if there was a custody dispute.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I never remembering reading anything about that.

It doesn't appear LE is looking for them, so they probably don't have much reason to worry. Haven't seen the photos, but it sounds like they're taunting everyone back in Pike County saying "Hey, we got away with it." And they may have. They seem like the kind of people used to having others pay for their mistakes. JMO[/QUOTE.
Why would LE be looking for him..he's not POI at this time...he has legal custody of S ...in the end he could be the guilty party but as of now he isn't so why are people acting like he's been arrested and convicted?
It doesn't appear LE is looking for them, so they probably don't have much reason to worry. Haven't seen the photos, but it sounds like they're taunting everyone back in Pike County saying "Hey, we got away with it." And they may have. They seem like the kind of people used to having others pay for their mistakes. JMO

Everyone is being quick to accuse him. I'm just pointing out that that may not be the case. We have no proof one way or the other on anyone's guilt.
If you were in a bank the day it got robbed and your car was the same color as the getaway car, does that make you guilty of anything?

There may not be anything other than circumstantial evidence, but his families former property was just the scene of the first 'show of force' in the investigation in a year. As tight as they've played this investigation to their vests, that show of force wasn't done as some desperate Hail Mary by LE imo.

But, to answer your question, if I was in that bank and I was innocent? I'm not throwing everything I own haphazardly in some trailers and stashing them at my part time bosses house on my way out of town.

If I've got nothing to hide, I'd make it a point to contact local media and let that be known. He may very well be 100% innocent, but his actions appear sketchy at best.

Yes, sadly enough, it seems some did. I doubt HMR, CR2, HHG, DR, and especially the babies whose lives were forever changed that night, had little say in what went on at those two other locations. The game *advertiser censored* checked out as being okay, and we have never been told exactly how much pot rhey had, nor shown any pictures as proof of the changing size and sophistication of the grow. The pot is about the only thing, other than the victims were shot, while most were in their beds, that LE has divulged. Much of the rest of what we know has come from family. Wonder why they chose that one damnimg piece of information to release, and then tell us just this past week, in so many words, not to judge them?

I also think it's very significant (and strange) that LE has kept everything about this investigation a secret EXCEPT the "marijuana grow op". How does releasing this single bit of info help? Did they think it would lessen victim support & sympathizers and therefore take some pressure off of LE?

There may not be anything other than circumstantial evidence, but his families former property was just the scene of the first 'show of force' in the investigation in a year. As tight as they've played this investigation to their vests, that show of force wasn't done as some desperate Hail Mary by LE imo.

But, to answer your question, if I was in that bank and I was innocent? I'm not throwing everything I own haphazardly in some trailers and stashing them at my part time bosses house on my way out of town.

If I've got nothing to hide, I'd make it a point to contact local media and let that be known. He may very well be 100% innocent, but his actions appear sketchy at best.

A show of force may be all it was to get people rattled and more willing to talk. They may have been just going through the motions to prove they are still investigating a 13 month old unsolved case.

You sure are quick to the W's defense on EVERYTHING........
T9hey haven't been named suspects...why do some people automatically assume they're running from the law? The property they owned sold so they probably had money to pay for tip...whether they are on vacation or moving has yet to be known so why assume they're running away...if Shorty was my child that place would be the last place I'd want to raise her..I'd go far away so she was not known as that poor girl...the only survivor of that house...and any reminder of what happened to her family

RE: The grow ops. Reader said in the extended interview, "very, very little at one sight and not that big at the other".

When LM was talking to reporters about the text messages, I recall he was asked, "are JM and JW friends"?, and he replied, no. Then quickly clarified it by saying something along the lines of but they weren't enemies either. I have trouble understanding LM sometimes so I very well could have misheard.

In the very beginning, it was mentioned the FBI was assisting. But we don't know to what extent or for how long.

Yes, sadly enough, it seems some did. I doubt HMR, CR2, HHG, DR, and especially the babies whose lives were forever changed that night, had little say in what went on at those two other locations. The game *advertiser censored* checked out as being okay, and we have never been told exactly how much pot rhey had, nor shown any pictures as proof of the changing size and sophistication of the grow. The pot is about the only thing, other than the victims were shot, while most were in their beds, that LE has divulged. Much of the rest of what we know has come from family. Wonder why they chose that one damnimg piece of information to release, and then tell us just this past week, in so many words, not to judge them?

My family lives in Ohio and I frequently work in Ohio. I listen daily to WLW radio in Cincinnati and from the first breaking news announcement that 7 people were found murdered this case has been discussed by the talk show hosts and the callers.

The mood and the tone of the conversations definitely changed after it was announced that the families were involved in "large marijuana grow operations" cockfighting and fencing auto parts. Much less sympathy for the victims was expressed and while people were still interested in finding out who killed them, it became more like a murder mystery than a horrible tragedy.

BBM
Happens between my brother and me all of the time. If I text him I can guarantee he won't see it til at least 24 hours later, sometimes even longer. Neither of us check our phones. I had five calls from my parents the other day. My spouse had two from them. By the time we noticed they'd called, they thought I was in the e.r. (or dead).

Because a text or call goes unnoticed, doesn't mean it doesn't register with an earlier time stamp on the phone and records. I have seen this type of delay (registering with a later time stamp) typically only when a phone is powered off. It can then register receipt of a text at the time the phone is turned on. I'm not sure I'm explaining that very well. Bad cold and brain fog today. Sorry.

It's logical to assume fear is a big motivator in keeping quiet. What if revenge was important because the surviving family members know the people responsible won't be punished? What if the killers and/or people behind them have gotten away with this before, with LE looking the other way?

Takes me back to one of LM's first interviews after the murders when he says

"That's my daughter layin' up there. And they won't do nothing about it."

"There's been a lot of things covered up here in Pike County". When asked what was covered up, he backs away and says "No, no, I can't say that..yet."

http://globalnews.ca/video/2660827/father-of-ohio-shooting-victim-says-suspect-knew-rhoden-family

Maybe LM and JM think LE knows who did it or at least who was behind it. They're giving them a chance to follow through, but they're not going to put themselves in danger by telling. Maybe if LE doesn't go after the killers, they will plan their own retribution.

You get the feeling they've been through this routine with LE before or have seen it happen with other local criminal activity.

Every time I watch this interview with LM, I learn something new.

ETA: This is LM's take on things. He may be wrong, but it's what he believes. It just helps explain why their family may be keeping quiet about anything they know.

I've also considered revenge as a motive. These events remind me somewhat of when a spouse kills all of the children and leaves the other spouse alive to suffer in grief. I can't imagine what poor LM could have ever done to anger someone this much though.

Not sure if this has been discussed recently . I apologize if it has, its tough to keep up on these threads, as well as working and taking care of a newborn . Anyways, has there been any talk of CH? Where has he been ? It has been confirmed that he isn't the father of R? I suppose if he was the bio father, custody would be granted to him. However, that has not been stated. The infant was four days old, why wouldn't he be staying the night with HR- especially if they were together and R was believed to be his??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/

Jw thought he was the father of the infant. Its been stated that there were three possibilities. One of mine had her 1st out of wedlock. I didnt freak out and hold a shotgun wedding, but there were no sleepovers at my house, before, or after. The other parents allowed it on weekends that I thought she was almost 100 miles away at college, before my much loved grandchild was conceived (during one of those weekends). I dont wonder at all why none of the prospective fathers were there. I did well to pay for all of her and the baby's needs, without an extra male hanging around eating, and using utilities. No snark intended.

Yes, pacifists - owning guns for hunting isn't encouraged or discouraged it's a non-issue. However owning guns so that you can use them against humans definitely is discouraged.

Nothing I've seen in any FB of the W's makes me think any of them are Witnesses, I did notice one of JW's Friends is from Alaska and is an Evangelist pastor in a Baptist Church.

Speaking as one very familiar with the Baptist doctrine, celebrating Halloween is not encouraged. Instead, another option is offered usually. (Fall Harvest Celebration at the church with bags of candy for the kids and kids dressing up in Autumn themed costumes and/or non-violent themed costumes, etc.)

Jw thought he was the father of the infant. Its been stated that there were three possibilities. One of mine had her 1st out of wedlock. I didnt freak out and hold a shotgun wedding, but there were no sleepovers at my house, before, or after. The other parents allowed it on weekends that I thought she was almost 100 miles away at college, before my much loved grandchild was conceived (during one of those weekends). I dont wonder at all why none of the prospective fathers were there. I did well to pay for all of her and the baby's needs, without an extra male hanging around eating, and using utilities. No snark intended.

So I would imagine that they would have done a DNA test if JW thought he was the father - I would think he would have waited around for those results prior to bouncing town if that was his child.

I also think it's very significant (and strange) that LE has kept everything about this investigation a secret EXCEPT the "marijuana grow op". How does releasing this single bit of info help? Did they think it would lessen victim support & sympathizers and therefore take some pressure off of LE?

I understand where you are coming from. There is also another angle. Because of the size of the grow ops, LE may not have been able to hide it from the public, so they released the information. LE removed over 1200 plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member