OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using the mobile page. Whenever I want to edit a post, I end up deleting it. It's annoying :(

I can't hardly use the mobile page. I just get frustrated.

Why would she be friends with someone linked to the murder of her father? Would she be in denial about his possible involvement or what?

I don't know. I think we tend to see this case in black and white, with bad people involved in illegal activities and good people mourning.

It does appear she doesn't believe in his involvement. Whether she really believes it is another question. Only her can tell.

Several months ago, we had a good conversation about KR2 quotes. May I suggest you revisit them. I put them aside, but I still find them interesting and relevant today.

Why would she be friends with someone linked to the murder of her father? Would she be in denial about his possible involvement or what?

What if they're just not involved, and she knows this for a fact, and when they heard about the search, she went to see what was going on and was letting them know since they were out of town. This whole search thing has an odd feel to it. So does the gps on JM's truck (they pushed the limits on getting that through).

What if they're just not involved, and she knows this for a fact, and when they heard about the search, she went to see what was going on and was letting them know since they were out of town. This whole search thing has an odd feel to it. So does the gps on JM's truck (they pushed the limits on getting that through.

But that begs the question of how she would know that for a fact? Does she have info that she is not giving out?

But that begs the question of how she would know that for a fact? Does she have info that she is not giving out?

If she has shared that kind of info, what if someone else called in some type of tip to the contrary, that they thought was "hot". They'd still have to check it out. KndrR could have even been on their radar at some point. Other family have been under the microscope. I got to thinking about that amphibious vehicle in the search too. As the crow flies it's not that far from the Hopper Road place. The lay of the land looks pretty rugged, and the brother they interviewed said

[FONT=&quot]“They was down there in that swamp looking for weapons until the swamp sunk everything they had down there; BCI and everybody was down there,” Francis said.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“They didn’t know that well was there,” Francis added.[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
(I doubt he's exaggerating much on that too.)

That kind of swampy land could cross property lines and an amphibious type vehicle would work for that kind of land. The Flying W is a big farm iirc. Is it possible that someone called in a tip that they'd find something back in there, or somebody? It's all sealed so we can only guess what they were combing that property for, or maybe even who.

But, why are you saying they paid cash for it? That is what I'm trying to find out....

The documentation in the Adams County recorder's office suggests a cash sale in 2014 as there was no mortgage filed other than HELOC for 75K in 2015.

I did some research using my realtor access and Wagners bought the property in February of 2014 the Mechanics lien of $5922.00 was placed on the property in December of 2016. So that had nothing to do with the actual sale. I 2015 they took out a revolving credit loan using the property as collateral for $75,000.

It was sold in March of 2017 to a couple (not sure if I can publish there names or initials so I redacted them on the document) using a conventional loan of $132,000 with 20% down. The remainder of the lien was also paid of and released. A full Warranty deed has been filed, it just has not appeared on public record yet.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AmhUxzdCU7IOga5MEhQ9HII1qgDtmA

Also just as an FYI when a property is sold under land contract (which this was not) you still get a deed it is called a Contract for Deed or CD. The title is held in the owners name until all payments are made then at that point it is transferred into the buyers name. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask or message me :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But, why are you saying they paid cash for it? That is what I'm trying to find out....

Because there was no mortgage registered. Ergo cash. Be it by hundred dollar bills, a check written on a checking account, a cashiers check from the bank or in gold bars, its all called cash money.

If they borrowed the money from a mortgage institution then that mortgage is registered on the deed to the property. Anyone can go to the court clerk or even online and look at the deed to that property and see if it has a lien against it and the date that lien was registered. Just like when you buy a car through a finance company or bank, there is a lien on the title of your car.

The W's property registered a lien of 75K against it a year or so after it was bought but not at the time of purchase. So it was bought with cash.

I think thats a very real possibility. Although I certainly don't know more than anyone else, I believe when arrests are made its not going to have anything to do with drugs. I think it was someone's greed and selfishness. Thats just my thinking.

I think you are partly right. I think it was for custody of the child, with maybe a little bit of greed thrown in. But the root cause IMO is these people were all in some kind of criminal activity together and when the W's tried to get HR to sign away her parental rights to SW, The R's told them if they tried to take SW from HR they would bring them all down.

When arrests are made I think the custody issue will be at the forefront but in the background will be the trafficking issue or other criminal activity they were all a part of.

Someone killed 8 people. There had to be a sequence of events that led to this. I think I read somewhere that an investigator said about another family murder "These people had a dark cloud in their lives somewhere. When you find that cloud you will find your motive and then your killer." I think that statement applies very well to this case.

On the surface the R's were ordinary people. They worked hard, were raising families, and buying homes just like 99.9% of the people in the USA. Yes they had a custody issue but so do hundreds of thousands of other people in the USA. Sure they raised a little pot and sold it, but so are thousands of other people, just in that general area. Nothing out of the ordinary there. But those thousands of other people doing the same thing and with the same problems are still alive. They haven't been killed in their beds. So the R's must have something else in their lives besides what appears on the surface. A dark cloud. I just happen to believe that dark cloud, that thing in their lives that was out of the ordinary, was that they were members of a trafficking ring. I base this on the Highway 23 Drug Task Force being on the scene of those searches on the W's property and the GPS tracker put on JM's vehicle. These are both iron clad facts that cannot be gotten around. Believe what you will, but that Drug Task Force was not out there to search for shell casings, bloody clothing, or suspects. They were out there doing their jobs, to find drug traffickers.

Another iron clad fact you cannot get around are the statements from LE that both the searches and the GPS tracker are part of the R family murder investigation.

I am sorry if this offends anyone, but when LE makes a public statement that those property searches were part of the R murder investigation and the Drug Task Force team who only investigates drug trafficking is on the scene of those searches, then those murders are in some way, fashion or form connected to drug trafficking and so are the W's.

Whether the R's were in it for a short time or long term participants I don't know. Whether the W's ran the show in that part of Ohio and the R's and JM were "mules" so to speak or had a deeper role, I don't know.

I do believe IMO that the parental rights issue was the fuse that lit up the whole shebang.

I do not think that the W's personally killed the R's. But I do believe they passed on down the line any threats the R's made or could even have made up some threat the R's was supposed to have made. But which ever they did, they put a target on the R's back to get them out of the way, so the custody issue would just disappear. And one of the W's, pick which ever one of them you like best, helped whatever killers who came in there to slaughter that family. They helped them with knowledge of that family and the properties they lived on, so the killers could get in and out without detection. IMO one of the W's was with the killers that night, not as a participant, but in a helper role, to get them into and out of those houses without raising an alarm from the victims.

All of this is JMO but to me it all fits, even KR.

I wonder about that too. Why did she think that LE was searching JWs property? Just for fun? I think that there are so many interpersonal relationships and so many family dynamics with this case, it is all a bit muddy.

At this age, 19-23, many have unstable relationships. Pike County is small. It is very common to date the ex-boyfriend/ex-girlfriend of a relative. Makes family dynamics even more complex.

Who dated who is a big question and certainly outside the scope of our discussion. Nonetheless, it's a piece of the puzzle. Especially when surviving children and family dogs are in the picture.

I think you are partly right. I think it was for custody of the child, with maybe a little bit of greed thrown in. But the root cause IMO is these people were all in some kind of criminal activity together and when the W's tried to get HR to sign away her parental rights to SW, The R's told them if they tried to take SW from HR they would bring them all down.

When arrests are made I think the custody issue will be at the forefront but in the background will be the trafficking issue or other criminal activity they were all a part of.

Someone killed 8 people. There had to be a sequence of events that led to this. I think I read somewhere that an investigator said about another family murder "These people had a dark cloud in their lives somewhere. When you find that cloud you will find your motive and then your killer." I think that statement applies very well to this case.

On the surface the R's were ordinary people. They worked hard, were raising families, and buying homes just like 99.9% of the people in the USA. Yes they had a custody issue but so do hundreds of thousands of other people in the USA. Sure they raised a little pot and sold it, but so are thousands of other people, just in that general area. Nothing out of the ordinary there. But those thousands of other people doing the same thing and with the same problems are still alive. They haven't been killed in their beds. So the R's must have something else in their lives besides what appears on the surface. A dark cloud. I just happen to believe that dark cloud, that thing in their lives that was out of the ordinary, was that they were members of a trafficking ring. I base this on the Highway 23 Drug Task Force being on the scene of those searches on the W's property and the GPS tracker put on JM's vehicle. These are both iron clad facts that cannot be gotten around. Believe what you will, but that Drug Task Force was not out there to search for shell casings, bloody clothing, or suspects. They were out there doing their jobs, to find drug traffickers.

Another iron clad fact you cannot get around are the statements from LE that both the searches and the GPS tracker are part of the R family murder investigation.

I am sorry if this offends anyone, but when LE makes a public statement that those property searches were part of the R murder investigation and the Drug Task Force team who only investigates drug trafficking is on the scene of those searches, then those murders are in some way, fashion or form connected to drug trafficking and so are the W's.

Whether the R's were in it for a short time or long term participants I don't know. Whether the W's ran the show in that part of Ohio and the R's and JM were "mules" so to speak or had a deeper role, I don't know.

I do believe IMO that the parental rights issue was the fuse that lit up the whole shebang.

I do not think that the W's personally killed the R's. But I do believe they passed on down the line any threats the R's made or could even have made up some threat the R's was supposed to have made. But which ever they did, they put a target on the R's back to get them out of the way, so the custody issue would just disappear. And one of the W's, pick which ever one of them you like best, helped whatever killers who came in there to slaughter that family. They helped them with knowledge of that family and the properties they lived on, so the killers could get in and out without detection. IMO one of the W's was with the killers that night, not as a participant, but in a helper role, to get them into and out of those houses without raising an alarm from the victims.

My opinion is this is broadly about the children. Not necessarily about the custody of the children.

I am not very comfortable with your theory. It identifies specific people, makes assumptions about their involvement in drug traffic. They have no previous records, LE never said anything about hard drugs other than pot.

Just the fact US23 pipeline task force participated to the search means absolutely nothing. LE needed force on site and that is how they got it.

Turn the question the other way: what if this had nothing to do with drugs, but still LE needed force on site, which force could go there to assist the search? Probably none other.

My opinion is this is broadly about the children. Not necessarily about the custody of the children.

I am not very comfortable with your theory. It identifies specific people, makes assumptions about their involvement in drug traffic. They have no previous records, LE never said anything about hard drugs other than pot.

Just the fact US23 pipeline task force participated to the search means absolutely nothing. LE needed force on site and that is how they got it.

Turn the question the other way: what if this had nothing to do with drugs, but still LE needed force on site, which force could go there to assist the search? Probably none other.

I asked this of an LE officer who has a number of years in the criminal investigative bureau in my state (my states equivalent of the BCI) . He said that if a search warrant was served for a particular property and the search was for evidence such as shell casings, clothing, dead bodies, or evidence in a murder then auxiliary officers would be used. If it was a large property in acreage then they would also bring in retired LE and volunteer officers (officers who sometimes ride along with LE but are not paid), security officers who are trained in handling evidence and certain national guard members who are also trained in handling evidence.

He said if a specialized team was there, such as a drug task force, they were there to look for drugs or evidence of drugs/drug trafficking and nothing else. If they were SWAT teams there, they were there to arrest a suspect they believed would offer some resistance or that there would be a hostage situation and for no other reason.

I know the Franklin County Sheriff quickly retracted his statement that he sent his SWAT team out to look for suspects, but he did that after he talked to BCI and DeWine. But I don't believe that switch. I think he told the truth the first time out the gate when he said they were looking for suspects. Then BCI and DeWine called him and he publicly came out with that "I made a mistake" statement. And if you believe that second "I made a mistake" statement I got some ocean front property in Arizona I will sell you for a great price.

So far the HWY 23 DTF has not publicly came out and said why they were there. So yes, I am going to make the assumption they were there to do what they were trained for, to find evidence of drugs/drug trafficking.

As a side note, he said if it was a search for a missing person they would ask for volunteers from the public sector since all they need are people to cover a lot of territory.

I think that it was much more personal than drug dealing.

Somehow 8 murders has never seemed personal to me. It's systemic. Think the Godfather when Michael Corleone settled all accounts simultaneously. About re-establishing the Family as leaders of the crime world at the same time as removing any potential for retribution against him.

Dewine doesn't want the Feds involved. He wants his boys, BCI, to crack the case so he can be the hero. This will help his rumored run for the 2018 Ohio Governorship. Or Dewine is part of the drug ring and is trying to bury the case.....
MOO

Just out of curiosity, how do we know that there is no fed involvement? Not sure they would make a big announcement if they had folks gathering info out in the field.

I'm with you all the way up to the custody issue. While there may have been antagonism over the custody, possibly exacerbated by who knew what about whom (and what they might have threatened to tell to LE or Child Welfare), for someone willing to arrange for 8 murders, there are truly easier ways to get ahold of a kid. Such as grab the kid and run. Sadly it happens more frequently that many realize. It's not legal, but someone willing to kill off a whole family is not worried about keeping stuff legal.

We can all have a party when this is over to see whose theories come closest to the truth, LOL. But, I still think that somebody's financial empire was at stake. R's tried making a move, or were planning to make a move that threatened somebody else's livelihood. And that somebody swatted them down.

Nicely said.

Years ago, a boy I went to grade school became a mule (as a young adult) for a Columbian drug ring. No one I went to school knew about it because he appeared to be anything but that. He was murdered in a car explosion in Columbia. He apparently made the wrong people mad and his murder was never solved.

My thoughts are that someone got even with the Rhodens and that it had to do with the drug trade.

I asked this of an LE officer who has a number of years in the criminal investigative bureau in my state (my states equivalent of the BCI) . He said that if a search warrant was served for a particular property and the search was for evidence such as shell casings, clothing, dead bodies, or evidence in a murder then auxiliary officers would be used. If it was a large property in acreage then they would also bring in retired LE and volunteer officers (officers who sometimes ride along with LE but are not paid), security officers who are trained in handling evidence and certain national guard members who are also trained in handling evidence.

He said if a specialized team was there, such as a drug task force, they were there to look for drugs or evidence of drugs/drug trafficking and nothing else. If they were SWAT teams there, they were there to arrest a suspect they believed would offer some resistance or that there would be a hostage situation and for no other reason.

I know the Franklin County Sheriff quickly retracted his statement that he sent his SWAT team out to look for suspects, but he did that after he talked to BCI and DeWine. But I don't believe that switch. I think he told the truth the first time out the gate when he said they were looking for suspects. Then BCI and DeWine called him and he publicly came out with that "I made a mistake" statement. And if you believe that second "I made a mistake" statement I got some ocean front property in Arizona I will sell you for a great price.

So far the HWY 23 DTF has not publicly came out and said why they were there. So yes, I am going to make the assumption they were there to do what they were trained for, to find evidence of drugs/drug trafficking.

As a side note, he said if it was a search for a missing person they would ask for volunteers from the public sector since all they need are people to cover a lot of territory.

Coming back to vehicles as a common thread. And the fact that not every piece of the drug trade has to do with direct production/sales of drugs themselves.

I think that first we can agree that drugs are the overwhelming source of crime in the area--making them the #1 suspected involvement. Next, the R's seem to have had a long history in buying, selling, fixing cars. LE was really intensely interested in every single vehicle on the properties where the murders occurred. It would seem as though a family with a lot of vehicles moving in and out, and a facility for working on them and fixing them up might be ideal candidates for picking up some extra cash in a variety of ways helpful to whatever drug trade was moving through the county. They could make a hot vehicle disappear via chopping and moving VINs around. They could buy low (no questions asked) to sell high. They could swap vehicles at an advantage to themselves. All pretty tangential to the actual drug trade, but still a pretty valuable part of the trade. This would bring them into contact with some shady folks. And the drug trade is by no means a nice neat business. There are rivalries, there are user/sellers--whose own use tends to breed paranoia. Every angry GF or ex-spouse is at risk of telling someone whatever they know. There is enormous potential for someone dabbling on the edges to get caught up in something--even if they aren't actively threatening anyone. There is also the potential of someone deciding to expand their personal share of the market--either cutting out some middle man for greater gain, or trying to get an exclusive of some kind from folks up or down the food chain. All of which is my way of saying that just because there are no drug records associated with most members of the family doesn't mean they weren't a part of the trade.

BTW--re: Franklin Co. SWAT. I am guessing that they were brought in for areal coverage--since they have helicopters. In case anyone pertinent decided to flee the scene.

https://youtu.be/CoxRmwaLBOQ

Its official name is "major crimes task force" and not just "drug task force". Drug Enforcement is certainly their main activity, but i would be curious to see an official mission statement and scope of activity.

The Starr team of the Ohio correctional service dept also participated. What do you read into this?

IMO, this is an exceptional case requiring unsual support. Different services have been involved in the search. I am not sure we can tell why each service was there for. To conclude from it the Rs and/or Ws are involved in illegal traffic is a stretch.

In particular, if they had found drugs on this site, there would have been a arrests and images of the bust, like all succesful busts. Therefore it's a baseless allegation. I wonder how the Ws feel when reading this.

Coming back to vehicles as a common thread. And the fact that not every piece of the drug trade has to do with direct production/sales of drugs themselves.

I think that first we can agree that drugs are the overwhelming source of crime in the area--making them the #1 suspected involvement. Next, the R's seem to have had a long history in buying, selling, fixing cars. LE was really intensely interested in every single vehicle on the properties where the murders occurred. It would seem as though a family with a lot of vehicles moving in and out, and a facility for working on them and fixing them up might be ideal candidates for picking up some extra cash in a variety of ways helpful to whatever drug trade was moving through the county. They could make a hot vehicle disappear via chopping and moving VINs around. They could buy low (no questions asked) to sell high. They could swap vehicles at an advantage to themselves. All pretty tangential to the actual drug trade, but still a pretty valuable part of the trade. This would bring them into contact with some shady folks. And the drug trade is by no means a nice neat business. There are rivalries, there are user/sellers--whose own use tends to breed paranoia. Every angry GF or ex-spouse is at risk of telling someone whatever they know. There is enormous potential for someone dabbling on the edges to get caught up in something--even if they aren't actively threatening anyone. There is also the potential of someone deciding to expand their personal share of the market--either cutting out some middle man for greater gain, or trying to get an exclusive of some kind from folks up or down the food chain. All of which is my way of saying that just because there are no drug records associated with most members of the family doesn't mean they weren't a part of the trade.

BTW--re: Franklin Co. SWAT. I am guessing that they were brought in for areal coverage--since they have helicopters. In case anyone pertinent decided to flee the scene.

https://youtu.be/CoxRmwaLBOQ

The main source of crime, probably yes. The main cause of murder, certainly not. I'd like to see homicide statistics backing this claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove