OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE is aware of those but are looking for things that were sold more privately. I also think they have a good idea where the Wagners are located but they're trying to build their case with more evidence and information before they make arrests JMO.

I don't know. I'd call it in. I called in the location and who they'd contacted for rental property, in AK, and they seemed very happy to get the info. They don't have the staff to be online like some of us are able to do (me for one).

Interesting development. AG says "believed to be residing in Alaska". It is almost like they aren't sure.

A broad call for information like this, it almost sounds like they vanished. Does anyone have theories for such a call? At the same time AG isn't calling them suspects.

When was the last time someone spoke to these people in person? Not through email of FB messenger? I believe C.Graves did a remote email interview.

As late as June 6, AW has actively been seeking rentals in AK. However, that doesn't mean that it is her behind the keyboard. The AG did not put out a statement that they were believed to be in danger, and with two children in tow, if they were believed to be in danger, I think they'd have stated that. I think they are looking for them but making them believe that they aren't sure where they are but they do have a good idea. In other words, playing dumb, so they won't haul *advertiser censored** from wherever they're at. I agree with OP, they could be in Washington, waiting for something to open up in AK.

I don't know. I'd call it in. I called in the location and who they'd contacted for rental property, in AK, and they seemed very happy to get the info. They don't have the staff to be online like some of us are able to do (me for one).

Good job RSD!

I agree that this is being done as a message. I have never seen the AG's office do something like this by posting pictures of folks and asking for information in connection with a mass murder and the individuals haven't even been arrested yet.

Nothing else done in this case has been "normal", so who knows what the LE's ideas are at this point.

As late as June 6, AW has actively been seeking rentals in AK. However, that doesn't mean that it is her behind the keyboard. The AG did not put out a statement that they were believed to be in danger, and with two children in tow, if they were believed to be in danger, I think they'd have stated that. I think they are looking for them but making them believe that they aren't sure where they are but they do have a good idea. In other words, playing dumb, so they won't haul *advertiser censored** from wherever they're at. I agree with OP, they could be in Washington, waiting for something to open up in AK.

Good point they haven't said they believed the children were in danger. There could be 2 reasons for this:

A)* they are not considered dangerous
Or
B) They are no longer considered dangerous.

Of course, I do hope it's "A". But when LE starts making calls like this in a multiple homicide investigation, it's almost hard to believe "A".

We'll have to wait and see. I would be curious to know who were the last to see them in Pike County and when.

It's strange to move away from a drama, keep your FB very closed and leave so many traces on buy&resell sites.

Wow.

They need to find who AW sold a couch to a couple of months after the murders. jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point they haven't said they believed the children were in danger. There could be 2 reasons for this:

Or

Of course, I do hope it's "A". But when LE starts making calls like this in a multiple homicide investigation, it's almost hard to believe "A".

We'll have to wait and see. I would be curious to know who were the last to see them in Pike County and when.

It's strange to move away from a drama, keep your FB very closed and leave so many traces on buy&resell sites.

Are you still thinking they could be dead? I too would like to know when they were last actually seen and by whom. I do fear a family annihilation scenario--if they are in fact responsible for this, it wouldn't be unlikely that they'd rather burn it all down rather than "lose" or face any consequences. Too many people have slaughtered their families, including children, because they weren't going to have their way.

Or

BBM
If I had the money, I'd have moved my child away from that area. If it were, and I'm not discounting any life here, but say her grandfather were killed in a fight, or her momma were killed in a tragic car accident, I'd not relocate. Those are things that can be explained and understood as life goes on. With so much of her maternal family, being slaughtered, right down the road, and her being old enough to ask about her Momma when they drove past UHR, I'd really think about moving, even if it were just a couple counties over. I'd not want to drive her past that road where so much pain occurred.

AW locking down her FB. I can see that too. There was a couple few folks who dogged her relentlessly. Guilty or innocent, I'd have locked it down much sooner.

Digital footprints are either left behind b/c she is not tech savvy at all, or they're innocent and don't have a problem leaving digital footprints all over the place. There's a large number of folks who do not realize the crumbs they leave behind on the internet. (Ever heard the song Hymn of Acxiom? Most folks just don't realize.) I leave much more than I care too.

I really hope, that if it turns out to be your scenario of A or B, that those two children are found unharmed.

I was snooping around elsewhere and found this:

https://imgur.com/a/SbWOj

They are in Alaska according to AW.

I saw that too. I think that's her behind that screen too. What I found odd though is she's been okay with a 2br. I found that odd. I've not seen the boys looking for anything yet. Jobs, nor rental, but they are on the boards. I may have overlooked them though.

In regards to them "locking down their FB"......that's really totally irrelevant since the police can get access to everything they've said (written) on FB. They can also get ahold of every text they've ever sent (as long as they have all their phone numbers they've used. Theirs not much that you can hide now-a-days from LE. They can get a warrant to see almost anything they want.

She really liked one place in an area of AK and said they be there the first week of June. A 2 BR. rental. Asked if dogs were acceptable.

In regards to them "locking down their FB"......that's really totally irrelevant since the police can get access to everything they've said (written) on FB. They can also get ahold of every text they've ever sent (as long as they have all their phone numbers they've used. Theirs not much that you can hide now-a-days from LE. They can get a warrant to see almost anything they want.

Yep and in this case you can bet they have dug very deep.

I meant in terms of the public being able to track them. Living out loud, so to speak. If I were guilty I'd at least try to cover my tracks and not use the computer if I didn't know at least a few ways to go behind the scenes. By getting on these sites, vacationing there, making friends in AK, before/in the year past, the murders took place, and if they are guilty of anything, they may have thought it would make them look like they were just making an ordinary move to their dream state, AK.

Just for informational purposes:
https://www.facebook.com/safety/groups/law/guidelines/

I don't think the press release is asking for information on there whereabouts. It'd be a good bet that LE knows exactly where they are, and have been in contact with LE in that area about keeping an eye on them.

So why hasn't Ohio BCI asked Alaska to detain and return them to Ohio so they can be questioned? There was enough evidence for BCI to get a search warrant, it should be enough to detain and question them.

ETA: Just finished reading the news story about DeWine saying they want information about the Wagner family. Why don't they ask them? They've probably known the location of the W family for some time now. Why is DeWine stalling and pretending they don't know where the W's are? Is he trying to give them another chance to disappear? I've never seen a law enforcement organization so reluctant to pursue killers before. What gives?

Thank goodness the news media is doing the work for them, or rather they're telling the public information about the persons of interest that DeWine, BCI and Junk already know.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/35697897/pike-county-rhoden-family-murders-investigation-heats-up

So why hasn't Ohio BCI asked Alaska to detain and return them to Ohio so they can be questioned? There was enough evidence for BCI to get a search warrant, it should be enough to detain and question them.

ETA: Just finished reading the news story about DeWine saying they want information about the Wagner family. Why don't they ask them? They've probably known the location of the W family for some time now. Why is DeWine stalling and pretending they don't know where the W's are? Is he trying to give them another chance to disappear? I've never seen a law enforcement organization so reluctant to pursue killers before. What gives?

Thank goodness the news media is doing the work for them, or rather they're telling the public information about the persons of interest that DeWine, BCI and Junk already know.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/35697897/pike-county-rhoden-family-murders-investigation-heats-up

I don't think there's any point in questioning them right now. They aren't gonna answer any questions and LE can't make them. They could only hold them a short time before releasing them anyway. IMO they've sold something that the buyer contacted LE about, that is in some way connected to the murders. I think that's how LE got the warrant to search the other trailers.

Got something I've been puzzling over. JW had a FB page that was filled w/photos of him and the little one. It's not been active, well nothing has been posted.

He then opens up a new FB page under his given name, EW. He puts up a few pics (nothing current really). It's now been locked down in just the past little bit (since just shortly after the announcement from DeWine). The JW facebook account, on the other hand, has not been locked down as of 7:52 p.m.

Why, would he open a new FB under EW and refriend quite a few of his old friends? Wonder if the JW and the EW are the same folks?

This is going to sound really out there, but, has anyone seen JW out around Peebles or the area recently? His is the only new fb account in the family.

If you don't know someone's password, you can't make it look like they're on vacation with you, but you can make a new profile under their name, with a password that you do know, and post an old vacation photo of them on there, to make it look like they're there with you, having good ole family fun. I'm nearly 100% that family photo is from an earlier vacation up there.

I know this sounds really out there, but this whole thing is really crazy. I'm open to any suggestions, and wild hair theories. But I got to wondering, what if something "happened" to JW, and they want no one to know, or, he's taken little S and split for somewhere else and the others are in AK. It's been a diversion of sorts. Four grown adults, and two children, in a 2 bedroomer?

^Yeah, I can go with the theory that he is somewhere else with the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhynonono