OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the new FB account was made, JW posted that he had lost his phone and couldn't remember the password to his old FB.

I forget my password about every other day. You can get a new password. There's multiple ways to get it reset.

That would certainly fit the definition of "persons of interest".

Thank goodness for the news media in this case. This would all stay buried otherwise, JMO.

I think they may be trying to handle this delicately, if they are suspects, due to the children being with them. Whether we agree that JW had custodial rights to his child or not, GWIV's son is with them too. I followed the Sievers case and, at least for awhile, a judge granted Mark Sievers custody of his two daughters, after the murder of their mother. I don't think they had enough, early on, to justify stopping the Ws from doing anything and they may not now. They may just have decided that in order to get what they need, they're going to have to get help from the public.

Mark Sievers and Judge's reasoning for giving him custody of his daughters.
http://www.winknews.com/2015/12/07/judge-to-decide-custody-of-sievers-children-today/

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/news/16819/4-wanted-in-rhoden-massacre

Unusual quote from the AG's office:

So the AG's office expects the news media to decide whether to call the Wagner's "persons of interest"? Anyone recall another case like this?

If they aren't being called "suspects", or "pois", and they're just concerned about where they are, then I guess AK LE has little to do with it. I agree that that is one of the oddest statements, from a state officials office, regarding seeking info about someone, that I think I've heard. We ask that you help us but we're not gonna tell ya why. Just guess. Pick whatever new story about this that you like best, and run with that. Impressive. /s

That seems to me to be a bit of misplaced priorities. Surely the murder of 8 people is more important than getting the kingpins of the drug trade, especially since they have been investigating it for a decade and getting nowhere much.

IIRC, Ohio is a death penalty state. I would think, that if they had enough to get them, if guilty, sooner, and figured out some pretty deep connections to some other stuff, they'd have arrested them, and gotten them to talk by taking the death penalty off of the plate for ratting out any contacts. I think this case, when blown, will probably blow our collective minds.

If this is true, the move was not a spur of the moment thing but a decade long thing...

Cinereski said he believes the Wagners are moving to the area — located a winding three-hour trip southwest of Anchorage — something they have been planning to do much of the decade-plus he has known them since he headed a church in Minford, Ohio. Over the past 11 years, the Wagners have come up three times to visit and fish.

“When our boys were little, our boys were friends,” said Cinereski, who officiated George Jr.’s wedding. “They’re just good country people.”

Cinereski said none of the Wagners talked to him about the murders or investigation, but he understands it was hard on Jake Wagner.

“I think their son went through a lot of hurt over the whole deal,” he said. “I think they’re trying to move on.”

This case is so interesting, I often think it's going to make a good movie.

It seems Pastors have a lot of information. This Alaska pastor saw them last Sunday. I guess all 6 of them. He is from south ohio too. Another pastor knew the victims, the family and spoke a lot in the media.

A third pastor sold the Peterson Road house. He must have spoken with the Ws. He dealt with them and should contact BCI. But he is gone in Florida.

I guess the nature of their work places them at the centre of communities.

It seems Pastors have a lot of information. This Alaska pastor saw them last Sunday. I guess all 6 of them. He is from south ohio too. Another pastor knew the victims, the family and spoke a lot in the media.

A third pastor sold the Peterson Road house. He must have spoken with the Ws. He dealt with them and should contact BCI. But he is gone in Florida.

I guess the nature of their work places them at the centre of communities. I need to pay more attention to Pastors and join a flock or a herd.

The title Pastor does not have the same respect that it used to have. Many of them are self serving.

If they aren't being called "suspects", or "pois", and they're just concerned about where they are, then I guess AK LE has little to do with it. I agree that that is one of the oddest statements, from a state officials office, regarding seeking info about someone, that I think I've heard. We ask that you help us but we're not gonna tell ya why. Just guess. Pick whatever new story about this that you like best, and run with that. Impressive. /s

This statement could mean anything: They have no suspects, the Ws are suspects, or they have other suspects.

AGO Spokesperson Dan Tierney declined to give any additional information. He also refused to say if the four are suspects or are just wanted for questioning.

“Local media can make their own assumptions,” he stated. “We are not commenting further at this time.”

OK, here's my 1&1/2 cents worth. IMO LE/powers that be, let these news stories out. Nothing in 2 months and no show of force for us this time. For all we know W's could already be in some kind of custody. I just don't see Reader letting someone he suspects of murdering anyone loose with those 2 children who may/may not be in danger. He curtainly protested loud enough about the other children.
I don't believe for one minute the W's are in or around AK. I don't believe their friends the preacher and his wife seen them there on Sunday. "If" the W's were responsible for the murders of 8, and have gotten away with ithis long. They are not stupid enough to tell and lead everyone to where they are. Could LE/powers that be, be trying to "scare" either other's involved or know of things that happened into talking? Knowing that they are hot-on-the-trail of the W's?

You are right and I apologize. Comment corrected

I did not mean that there was anything wrong with your comment, but Pastors used to do theological studies and have true faith. Now it seems that anyone can call him/herself a Pastor.

OK, here's my 1&1/2 cents worth. IMO LE/powers that be, let these news stories out. Nothing in 2 months and no show of force for us this time. For all we know W's could already be in some kind of custody. I just don't see Reader letting someone he suspects of murdering anyone loose with those 2 children who may/may not be in danger. He curtainly protested loud enough about the other children.
I don't believe for one minute the W's are in or around AK. I don't believe their friends the preacher and his wife seen them there on Sunday. "If" the W's were responsible for the murders of 8, and have gotten away with ithis long. They are not stupid enough to tell and lead everyone to where they are. Could LE/powers that be, be trying to "scare" either other's involved or know of things that happened into talking? Knowing that they are hot-on-the-trail of the W's?

I don't think that LE know what they are doing. It seems to me that they are treating this like a boy's mystery exercise. This is not how task forces investigating serious crimes operate. This is 8 people murdered in their beds and they are doing amateur hour investigations. Putting tracking devices on a brother's truck and blasting into town with lights flashing and sirens with digging equipment on the second day of a property search. A big adventure and drama for them.

I guess the nature of their work places them at the centre of communities.
BBM
This, and there are some parishioners who are there every time the door opens, they participate in the youth group, the choir, the lady's group, the men's group, pastor appreciation, VBS, etc... and they get to know the pastor and his family as friends, and on a personal level. Not always a good thing.

The title Pastor does not have the same respect that it used to have. Many of them are self serving.

I know where you're coming from. I've seen them fall, they're fallible just like the rest of us, but should try very hard, to hold themselves to a higher standard. That was why in my previous post I'd said it's not always a good thing for pastors to become best buds with one or two of the church families. The ones I have difficulty with the most are those who are "Prosperity Preachers".

This statement could mean anything: They have no suspects, the Ws are suspects, or they have other suspects.

AGO Spokesperson Dan Tierney declined to give any additional information. He also refused to say if the four are suspects or are just wanted for questioning.

“Local media can make their own assumptions,” he stated. “We are not commenting further at this time.”

BBM
Assumptions/Assume
A thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

I was told never to assume anything because it would just end up making an... :D and here is the AGO spokesperson telling local media to do just that.

There's a photo that I've looked at several times on HMR's FB, and wondered if it could have started any turmoil. It's a photo on 12/14/2015. Not sure if that was the date it was taken but I kind of wondered if that was the best timing to post it, under the circumstances.

Why does JW have those imperfections, for want of a better word, on his face? Has he been involved in an accident, or been assaulted or is he a meth head?

There's a photo that I've looked at several times on HMR's FB, and wondered if it could have started any turmoil. It's a photo on 12/14/2015. Not sure if that was the date it was taken but I kind of wondered if that was the best timing to post it, under the circumstances.

Is it one of the photos with her with S and her new boyfriend CH? There was quite a bit of "family" type activity and photos of the three of them as they planned to raise her new baby with him acting as father. I imagine those photos and the changing family dynamics they show us wouldn't have gone over well with ANY of the W family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MHPortland