OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there's any point in questioning them right now. They aren't gonna answer any questions and LE can't make them. They could only hold them a short time before releasing them anyway. IMO they've sold something that the buyer contacted LE about, that is in some way connected to the murders. I think that's how LE got the warrant to search the other trailers.

They can bring trumped up charges against them as they did with J Manley, then force them to submit to questioning in the grand jury. The same grand jury in which they've been questioning Manley and others.

If DeWine & BCI don't have questions to ask these people, after naming them as persons of interest, it would be very strange indeed. If DeWine has so much incriminating evidence against them that they don't need to question them, then he should be getting a warrant for their arrests.

DeWine, BCI and the rest sometimes appear to be doing their darndest to NOT solve this case.

Got something I've been puzzling over. JW had a FB page that was filled w/photos of him and the little one. It's not been active, well nothing has been posted.

He then opens up a new FB page under his given name, EW. He puts up a few pics (nothing current really). It's now been locked down in just the past little bit (since just shortly after the announcement from DeWine). The JW facebook account, on the other hand, has not been locked down as of 7:52 p.m.

Why, would he open a new FB under EW and refriend quite a few of his old friends? Wonder if the JW and the EW are the same folks?

This is going to sound really out there, but, has anyone seen JW out around Peebles or the area recently? His is the only new fb account in the family.

If you don't know someone's password, you can't make it look like they're on vacation with you, but you can make a new profile under their name, with a password that you do know, and post an old vacation photo of them on there, to make it look like they're there with you, having good ole family fun. I'm nearly 100% that family photo is from an earlier vacation up there.

I know this sounds really out there, but this whole thing is really crazy. I'm open to any suggestions, and wild hair theories. But I got to wondering, what if something "happened" to JW, and they want no one to know, or, he's taken little S and split for somewhere else and the others are in AK. It's been a diversion of sorts. Four grown adults, and two children, in a 2 bedroomer?

It sounds plausible. LE should have had enough reason to question and conduct a search within a week of the Rhoden murders. They should also have known that it was possible JW could disappear with Sophia. There's no reason why they shouldn't have been tracking his movements and activities, no reason why they shouldn't have been trying to protect the young child.

If they don't know where he is now, they should. It's one more reason why they should have US Marshals and FBI on the case and one more reason to be suspicious of the fact they don't.

I agree that this is being done as a message. I have never seen the AG's office do something like this by posting pictures of folks and asking for information in connection with a mass murder and the individuals haven't even been arrested yet.

WHIO TV said DeWine said this is not saying they are suspects. They just want information about interactions with them.

WHIO TV said DeWine said this is not saying they are suspects. They just want information about interactions with them.

I think that I would think that I was suspected of something if my photo was being shared around the Internet by LE.

^Yeah, I can go with the theory that he is somewhere else with the child.

I think they may have enough to want to keep track of them, especially to disappear w/two little ones, but LE going there would seem more likely than dragging all of them to the lower 48, again, especially with the two little ones being drug around. I'd had a darker thought that if they are involved that JW may have had deep remorse and done something, that would have left things very up in the air about little S, and brought the powers that be right onto their doorstep, if it got out to the public. I'd thought, again a very dark thought, that possibly he remained somewhere on those 2,000 acres, and they were in AK, with a new FB for him.

I think they may have enough to want to keep track of them, especially to disappear w/two little ones, but LE going there would seem more likely than dragging all of them to the lower 48, again, especially with the two little ones being drug around. I'd had a darker thought that if they are involved that JW may have had deep remorse and done something, that would have left things very up in the air about little S, and brought the powers that be right onto their doorstep, if it got out to the public. I'd thought, again a very dark thought, that possibly he remained somewhere on those 2,000 acres, and they were in AK, with a new FB for him.

Is the 2,000 acres, his grandparents property?

If this is true, the move was not a spur of the moment thing but a decade long thing...

Cinereski said he believes the Wagners are moving to the area — located a winding three-hour trip southwest of Anchorage — something they have been planning to do much of the decade-plus he has known them since he headed a church in Minford, Ohio. Over the past 11 years, the Wagners have come up three times to visit and fish.

“When our boys were little, our boys were friends,” said Cinereski, who officiated George Jr.’s wedding. “They’re just good country people.”

Cinereski said none of the Wagners talked to him about the murders or investigation, but he understands it was hard on Jake Wagner.

“I think their son went through a lot of hurt over the whole deal,” he said. “I think they’re trying to move on.”

I'm not sure he would want the full responsibility.

Probably not, but what do you think of AW looking for a two bedder? Not large enough for all them, unless the kids were going to live with the his parents and he and his brother were going to live somewhere else.

When the new FB account was made, JW posted that he had lost his phone and couldn't remember the password to his old FB.

That would certainly fit the definition of "persons of interest".

Thank goodness for the news media in this case. This would all stay buried otherwise, JMO.

Is the 2,000 acres, his grandparents property?

Yes. It's part of Flying W Farms, one of the properties that was searched by BCI, SWAT, local LE and the US 23 Task Force a few weeks ago. The elder W's have an extensive real estate and business portfolio in the area. The farms are located on Camp Creek Rd, just a few miles south of where KR lived, and died.

adc2ae96-cb2c-4d37-91f2-edfeea8c045d-large16x9_WagnerfamilyGeorgBillyGeorgeAngelaEdwardJake.jpg

Family Sought for Questioning in Pike County Mass Murder Believed to Be on the Kenai Peninsula

http://sewardcitynews.com/2017/06/f...-county-mass-murder-believed-kenai-peninsula/

One would think if Ohio authorities wanted information, they would seek to question these people. I wonder what Alaska LE think of all this. Likely they're expecting DeWine to send someone up there.

Since the family has crossed state lines, is it possible for the FBI to step in?

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/news/16819/4-wanted-in-rhoden-massacre

Unusual quote from the AG's office:

AGO Spokesperson Dan Tierney declined to give any additional information. He also refused to say if the four are suspects or are just wanted for questioning.

“Local media can make their own assumptions,” he stated. “We are not commenting further at this time.”

So the AG's office expects the news media to decide whether to call the Wagner's "persons of interest"? Anyone recall another case like this?

I think the W's are more than persons of interest. I think LE considers them suspects but is unwilling to state this. IMO, LE must need evidence and this is the reason why they are asking for people to come forward.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Very strange case!

I think the W's are more than persons of interest. I think LE considers them suspects but is unwilling to state this. IMO, LE must need evidence and this is the reason why they are asking for people to come forward.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Very strange case!

Yes, it's a very unusual case. JMO, BCI likely had enough evidence in the first few days to arrest someone from the W family. Since it seems likely these murders are also linked to the drug trade/organized crime in the area, LE also probably knew who was behind the murders and how they were linked to the W and Rhoden families.

LE has been following organized/drug crime in the area for at least a decade now. They know the community pretty well. Maybe they decided to let the case go cold while they tried to go after criminals higher in the chain of command. But that doesn't explain why they would do so when it meant leaving an innocent young child of one of the victims in the care of a possible murderer/accomplice for over a year.

JMO

So why hasn't Ohio BCI asked Alaska to detain and return them to Ohio so they can be questioned? There was enough evidence for BCI to get a search warrant, it should be enough to detain and question them.

ETA: Just finished reading the news story about DeWine saying they want information about the Wagner family. Why don't they ask them? They've probably known the location of the W family for some time now. Why is DeWine stalling and pretending they don't know where the W's are? Is he trying to give them another chance to disappear? I've never seen a law enforcement organization so reluctant to pursue killers before. What gives?

Thank goodness the news media is doing the work for them, or rather they're telling the public information about the persons of interest that DeWine, BCI and Junk already know.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/35697897/pike-county-rhoden-family-murders-investigation-heats-up

This is the stuff that aggravates the heck out of me. The headline says they are wanted for questioning. But in the article it does not say that.

I may be reaching here but I think the reason why LE won't label the W's POI or suspects is because they are fearful they may do something stupid out of desperation to avoid being arrested.. possibly something that could put innocent lives in danger. (the kids)
If they were involved in the murders and the motive was custody, I don't think they are going to give up SW and themselves peacefully. Just my speculation and opinion..

I think that I would think that I was suspected of something if my photo was being shared around the Internet by LE.

Today was first update, that I'd seen anyhow, that has been on our local station since about two - three months, at the most, after the murders. I was reading posts and searching online for info, when the better half yells Hey! Isn't that about those murders you've been talking about? (for over a year now) There it was, on my t.v. screen. That led me to believe things are getting a bit more serious. What they were looking for must not have been found in the searches, or they found another piece of the puzzle but not enough to make a conviction stick (if they're looking at them as suspects).

Yes, it's a very unusual case. JMO, BCI likely had enough evidence in the first few days to arrest someone from the W family. Since it seems likely these murders are also linked to the drug trade/organized crime in the area, LE also probably knew who was behind the murders and how they were linked to the W and Rhoden families.

LE has been following organized/drug crime in the area for at least a decade now. They know the community pretty well. Maybe they decided to let the case go cold while they tried to go after criminals higher in the chain of command. But that doesn't explain why they would do so when it meant leaving an innocent young child of one of the victims in the care of a possible murderer/accomplice for over a year.

JMO

That seems to me to be a bit of misplaced priorities. Surely the murder of 8 people is more important than getting the kingpins of the drug trade, especially since they have been investigating it for a decade and getting nowhere much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove