OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! Hahaha!

Oh you guys!!! You sure do know how to flatter a woman. :blushing:

Too many years working in a male dominated career I guess. When I graduated college many years ago I was one of very few women in my profession. I was patronized, looked down on and treated like a child who had no idea how to do my job. It didn't take long to set them straight though.

Oh you guys!!! You sure do know how to flatter a woman. :blushing:

Too many years working in a male dominated career I guess. When I graduated college many years ago I was one of very few women in my profession. I was patronized, looked down on and treated like a child who had no idea how to do my job. It didn't take long to set them straight though.

Good for you! Different fields require different approaches, and, unfortunately, women are never quite seen as equals in many fields. Change takes time. My grandmother was alive when women got the right to vote and was very proud of the achievement they'd gained. I've always taught my female children to stand up and use their voices, and never to allow themselves to be treated as less then equal.

Me three. Sorry.

Please don't apologize. Like it or not, this country's perception is that men are stronger willed, more capable, harder working and more intelligent than women. That is why men are often higher paid for the same job. For you people to think I am stronger willed, more capable, harder working and more intelligent than you think a woman should be is nothing but a compliment to me.

Good for you! Different fields require different approaches, and, unfortunately, women are never quite seen as equals in many fields. Change takes time. My grandmother was alive when women got the right to vote and was very proud of the achievement they'd gained. I've always taught my female children to stand up and use their voices, and never to allow themselves to be treated as less then equal.

BBM

women are never quite seen as equals in many fields

My field especially. Men and women both don't think a woman can handle their financial affairs as well as a man can. Or that women can fight just as hard for them.

never to allow themselves to be treated as less then equal.

It's been a long time since anyone has dared to treat me as less than equal. And yes I am very aware that I am arrogant.

Agree. It's also relevant to note that LE has not come with a 33 unit caravan of armed officers and SWAT & crime scene vans to search the properties of LM, JM or BJM, nor any other surviving relatives of the Rhoden/Manley/Gilley families.

LE hasn't revealed much about their investigations, but those raids speak volumes. For the most part, M's have cooperated with LE. especially LM. W family left town. They've only spread dubious, conflicting information via the news media. Many of us have said all along, anyone who leaves the area after these murders is suspicious.

I agree. LE had to have evidence of the W's involvement in the R's murders to put before the judge that issued that search warrant. We have no way of knowing what that evidence is.

One thing that was noticeably missing in that article was AW and JW's disclosing what was in that enclosed trailer LE took as evidence. The fact that they didn't mention it and had nothing to say about when it would be returned to them is also very telling.

Because if that was my trailer with my possessions that LE took, and I was innocent of any wrong doing, I would look upon it as LE stealing my stuff and I would be raising heck to get it back. In other words if I was innocent that reporter would have gotten an earful of what I thought about them taking my possessions without cause.

But we didn't hear a peep out of them about it. IMO that silence spoke volumes.

BBM

women are never quite seen as equals in many fields

My field especially. Men and women both don't think a woman can handle their financial affairs as well as a man can. Or that women can fight just as hard for them.

never to allow themselves to be treated as less then equal.

It's been a long time since anyone has dared to treat me as less than my equal, nor do I look down on others. And yes I am very aware that I am arrogant.

As an example of where it's not quite moved forward is STEM fields, and that's my granddaughter's favorite area, which is mostly male dominated, but she is as smart as any boy in her classes, and I tell her to get right in there and do what she enjoys.

I've never thought a thing about choosing someone based on their sex, to handle our finances. It never crossed my mind. The person that handles almost all of the farms in this area is top notch, and has handled our stuff for over twenty years. I dread the day that she retires. She is one of the highest recommended folks around here.

As far as being treated less than equal, I don't treat anyone less then me, male, or female, black, white, yellow, or red, gay or straight, and I dare them to treat me as less than, or my kids, that way too. They'll see the red come out in this neck...

I agree. LE had to have evidence of the W's involvement in the R's murders to put before the judge that issued that search warrant. We have no way of knowing what that evidence is.

One thing that was noticeably missing in that article was AW and JW's disclosing what was in that enclosed trailer LE took as evidence. The fact that they didn't mention it and had nothing to say about when it would be returned to them is also very telling.

Because if that was my trailer with my possessions that LE took, and I was innocent of any wrong doing, I would look upon it as LE stealing my stuff and I would be raising heck to get it back. In other words if I was innocent that reporter would have gotten an earful of what I thought about them taking my possessions without cause.

But we didn't hear a peep out of them about it. IMO that silence spoke volumes.

OP (Flatbush, I think) had said that an inmate was with them. A search warrant can be issued based on hearsay, as long as it's a sworn, written statement by the individual, and as long as it gives the powers that be reasonable grounds to grant the search warrant. However, that same hearsay, may not even be able to be used as evidence in a criminal trial. I know it's shocking, but inmates will lie. What do they have to lose? A ride around, a stop for a Big Mac, some fries, a walk in the sunshine. What they hey. Again, just playing Devil's Advocate.

OP (Flatbush, I think) had said that an inmate was with them. A search warrant can be issued based on hearsay, as long as it's a sworn, written statement by the individual, and as long as it gives the powers that be reasonable grounds to grant the search warrant. However, that same hearsay, may not even be able to be used as evidence in a criminal trial. I know it's shocking, but inmates will lie. What do they have to lose? A ride around, a stop for a Big Mac, some fries, a walk in the sunshine. What they hey. Again, just playing Devil's Advocate.

What do you make of their silence on that trailer LE took as evidence? LM has never failed to display outrage at what he perceives as an injustice. But the W's? It like 'shrug' no big deal.

I think most of us on here, if we were innocent of any wrong doing, would be chewing nails over LE taking our trailer loaded with personal possessions. And most of us would not have failed to address that injustice with the reporter.

As an example of where it's not quite moved forward is STEM fields, and that's my granddaughter's favorite area, which is mostly male dominated, but she is as smart as any boy in her classes, and I tell her to get right in there and do what she enjoys.

I've never thought a thing about choosing someone based on their sex, to handle our finances. It never crossed my mind. The person that handles almost all of the farms in this area is top notch, and has handled our stuff for over twenty years. I dread the day that she retires. She is one of the highest recommended folks around here.

As far as being treated less than equal, I don't treat anyone less then me, male, or female, black, white, yellow, or red, gay or straight, and I dare them to treat me as less than, or my kids, that way too. They'll see the red come out in this neck...

STEM is a hard field, but if it is what she wants, then tell her to stay right in there. If it is something she loves she will never regret it.

BBM

You would not believe the comments I get. Things like "I can't trust my wife with any money, she would blow it all on clothes." or my personal favorite "I don't give the wife any money, she can't manage it, she barely has sense enough to count it."

I don't think they've left the lower 48. I think that they went up there on a family getaway and have come back. If they're up there, they're looking for a place to live.

ETA: It's been a month now and it seems nothing has come from the searches. I'm leaning toward believing the Ws that the search warrants were not specific, other than where they could search and on what addresses.
Read AW's recent Facebook post.

What do you make of their silence on that trailer LE took as evidence? LM has never failed to display outrage at what he perceives as an injustice. But the W's? It like 'shrug' no big deal.

I think most of us on here, if we were innocent of any wrong doing, would be chewing nails over LE taking our trailer loaded with personal possessions. And most of us would not have failed to address that injustice with the reporter.
Great point. The silence is weird. They are trying to move to Alaska and LE has a LOT of their possessions. They could sell that trailer and some of their possessions to help buy a trailer home if LE didn't have them.

I'd not have said as much as she did about the trailers, I'd not have written any emails, nor given any interviews, w/o my lawyer firmly planted by my side. If my lawyer told me to zip it, I'd zip it. Same goes for the R members who've given interviews, and the Ms. I cringe every time LM goes on a speaking spree. I just know his lawyer or his family member's lawyers are cringing too. The prosecuting atty., however, is probably loving it every time someone says a single sentence. Silence does not mean guilt. We have a saying, The guiltiest dog barks the loudest (While not always true, I've noticed it to be true more often than not.). There's too many innocent people behind bars. I'd not take any chances on becoming one of them.

STEM is a hard field, but if it is what she wants, then tell her to stay right in there. If it is something she loves she will never regret it.

BBM

You would not believe the comments I get. Things like "I can't trust my wife with any money, she would blow it all on clothes." or my personal favorite "I don't give the wife any money, she can't manage it, she barely has sense enough to count it."

I know folks still talk like that and it's sad, but, to be fair, I've heard women say in public, and write on social media, some pretty sad/crass things about their men. I was not raised that way. My parents respected each other, and we were taught respect, and to respect others.

Great point. The silence is weird. They are trying to move to Alaska and LE has a LOT of their possessions. They could sell that trailer and some of their possessions to help buy a trailer home if LE didn't have them.

LE only took the one trailer. The Ws have put one truck up for sale. I just don't think they're all that flush w/cash right now. It's even possible that only AW and her husband are moving there. The younger GW may have custody but his ex, afaik, does visit the child. JW had said that he wanted S to know her sister. Maybe only the parents are moving to AK. It's not like they're moving outside the country. AK can round them up and have them sent right back here if need be. It's not like they're being discreet about their desire to move there.

I agree. Actually, if it's coming from an inmate, it could be very significant or a complete hoax.

However, if it was an inmate's lie, it had to be credible and resonate with a track LE was on.

Also, the Sheriff threatened people who were not disclosing everything they knew. It's possible the show of force is part of the tactics.

How many times LE interviewed, the Ws: 1, 2, 3 times or more? If each of these interviews were smooth and convincing I doubt LE would show with a SWAT team on a fake tip.

AW has been surfing the living space (trailer) rentals in Seward.

Trailers? Rentals? Isn't that a step down for them? Why would they go from owning (even if it were mortgaged) their own home to looking to rent a trailer home in AK? Sounds very fishy to me.

I agree with pretty much everything you guys have posted so far. It's been awhile since I had a c-section with my child, but I was in there for 5 days and cut from one side to the next. They staple the skin back together and it's pretty uncomfortable for awhile. I don't see anyone "going fishing" after just being out of the hospital for a few days. Sorry I don't believe that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member