OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am a"hillbilly" is it ok to call myself a "hillbilly", but no one else is allowed to call me a "hillbilly" because it's a derogatory term??? JMO

No. I don't care who calls me a hillbilly. I'm proud to be a hillbilly.

I'm going to make a guess here. The dive team conveniently showed up while all the family was away at Gary's funeral. I'm guessing LE doesn't want someone to know what they're doing.
I would really like to know where all they searched or are searching..

Trying to figure this out.

Body with one gunshot wound = Kenneth (also possibly had cash strewn about his feet)

Body with two gunshot wounds = ?

Body 1 with three gunshot wounds = Gary (three GSW to the head. He was found slumped over Chris Sr.)

Body 2 with three gunshot wounds = ?

Body with four gunshot wounds = ?

Body 1 with five gunshot wounds = ?

Body 2 with five gunshot wounds = ?

Body with nine gunshot wounds = ?

bbm Do you have a link to the slumped over.? TIA

Here is when I get lost. Going in reverse order - 9 shots to kill someone makes me think it would be someone like me who has never seen a real a gun! The five shot victim would be someone who has seen one but never touched one much less fired one . Your with me .

I mean we are talking about relativily close spaces , It would take me 9 shots to hit you. But they all going out murdering small animals for fun. I would think a human would be easier to hit than a squrril- so there is something very weird here ...........................

or total pcp/meth/heroin blurry vision rage ???? 9 shots?????????????????

Or the killers were using a semi-automatic weapon that made it easy to fire many shots. Likely done to insure they were dead as they may have put up a fight. We won't know until autopsy info is revealed, though.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...r-victims-says-killer-should-be-tortured.html

The first of eight family members gunned down in Pike County was laid to rest Thursday.

“It's a sad day very sad day", Kenneth*Rhoden, father of GaryRhoden, said.

In a slow moving procession down a red dirt road in Kentucky, the body of Gary*Rhoden*was taken to its final resting place.

[...]

His father says the coroner told him Gary was shot three times in the head.

Kenneth believes the person or persons responsible knew the family.

[...]

Kenneth said according to the coroner there were two different bullet casings found at the scene, leading him to believe this crimes were the acts of more than one person.

Multiple shooters would not be surprising. I wonder how these families are getting away with talking to the media about these things. I'm sure the police can't be happy about Mr. Manley, Gary's dad and Kenneth's cousin going all over tb and print media talking about these kinds of things.

I wonder if we will now see a real new conference addressing some of these issues. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the cops keeping necessary things quiet. But, with family members talking, it might be in their best interest to issue some statements.

View attachment 93152
DeWine......patrol officer

It's pretty easy to actually make a silencer out of odds and ends a lot of guys have in their workshop, a homemade silencer, so to speak. I don't want to get into the semantics about silencer versus suppressor and all of that. Suppressor is the term used by the gun manufacturers, silencer is the term used by people that love gangster movies.......it's pretty much one and the same.

Someone who is planning to murder 8 people would most likely not buy a suppressor on the free market. All a silencer/suppressor does is redistribute the muzzle blast so it is muffled. For instance, a 6" long piece of steel pipe, drilled with holes and wrapped with cotton, fitted to the end of a pistol would create a pretty fair amount of suppression all by itself. I've seen people make silencers out of 2 liter coke bottles full of cotton. You wouldn't believe how something so primitive and simple almost completely eliminates the muzzle blast, but it does. We've all seen movies where a bad guy grabs a pillow, puts over the victims head, shoves the muzzle of the gun down into the pillow and pulls the trigger. That's pretty much the entire concept of a silencer. If the force of the muzzle blast is sheltered from the open air and absorbed by something soft, it will be much much quieter.

Much like everything else in this country, there would be plenty of ways for people to either make their own silencer, get it on the black market, or have an unscrupulous gunsmith do it for them. The type of people we are dealing with here probably have plenty of sources to pick from when it comes to getting their guns outfitted to their liking. Illegal ? Probably, but these aren't the type of people that are worried about breaking the law, now are they ?

I don't know if suppressors were used in this case or not, they may have just used a pillow over their head just like I described earlier, maybe that's why there were so many shots to each victim.
Awesome post, thank you so much. I knew you would have the answer.:happydance:

Does anyone have the link for our media thread handy?

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...r-victims-says-killer-should-be-tortured.html

The first of eight family members gunned down in Pike County was laid to rest Thursday.

“It's a sad day very sad day", Kenneth*Rhoden, father of GaryRhoden, said.

In a slow moving procession down a red dirt road in Kentucky, the body of Gary*Rhoden*was taken to its final resting place.

[...]

His father says the coroner told him Gary was shot three times in the head.

Kenneth believes the person or persons responsible knew the family.

[...]

Kenneth said according to the coroner there were two different bullet casings found at the scene, leading him to believe this crimes were the acts of more than one person.

BBM. THIS! IS! HUGE!

This is the first time we have heard that 2 different guns were used. If this is true, then we know for sure that there were at least 2 killers.

Thanks for posting this. Great catch!

I am a country red neck. I live an hour north of a Big City but we are in the Appalachian Mountains- population 1400. Everyone knows everyone- and I mean everyone that is local knows everyone. I would help any one I know with anything they had. But outsiders are treated- well like outsiders. If you were not born and raised here you may never be considered a "local". I wouldn't say we are "suspicious" of outsiders- but that our lifestyle and there's are vastly different. I don't appreciate people from the city coming in and throwing their money around and acting like we're here to serve them when they come to our area (leaf season in October). I can walk into a local store and pick out someone that's local and someone that's not just by the way they dress and act. So it's not "suspicion"- it's a culture difference- and a big one.
My use of that word is basically what you were saying.

Country rednecks will generally accept you as part of them if you want to be, so less suspicious of the motive of someone new coming in.

Being out in the country is similar, but it is much easier to be accepted and not be an outsider.

Yeah it was discovered Friday morning, I was also thinking Friday night.. Ok, so that answers my question on the deaths.. They timed them after 11:59 PM on Thursday. I was thinking they were timing them before midnight because I was working on Friday night to Saturday, even though I knew that wasn't correct..

Imo the media poluted us , by endlessly reporting that they were killed at 738. That is not true. They were reported dead at 738. Huge difference. If one was going to kill 8 people, would one not go do it like 2-5 AM??

I wake up thinking about this family and going straight here to see if there any leads to who could have done this brutal thing on these people. I think 90% of the things that are posted here, are just people pulling at straws. I know that everyone is trying to help out but truth will come out eventually. I really don't seem the Rhoden's to be a bad family group to me, they really seem like the typical redneck neighbors. Something happened and they had no clue that it was coming to this, NO WAY IN H$LL would a parent put their kids in such a danger. JMO

Unfortunately not all parents have the same sense of protection as most. There are many many parent who put their children at risk. As for the family being a good family I'm not so sure. We have aggressive kids who beat people up, we have family members that threaten to kill their own family and not to mention the illegal pot business. This is certainly not my idea of a "good family". Also interesting the local businessman has withdrawn the $25,000 reward due to the families criminal activities. MOO

Trying to figure this out.

Body with one gunshot wound = Kenneth (also possibly had cash strewn about his feet)

Body with two gunshot wounds = ?

Body 1 with three gunshot wounds = Gary (three GSW to the head. He was found slumped over Chris Sr.)

Body 2 with three gunshot wounds = ?

Body with four gunshot wounds = ?

Body 1 with five gunshot wounds = ?

Body 2 with five gunshot wounds = ?

Body with nine gunshot wounds = ?

My guess body with 9 GSW could be Chris Sr.

It looks to me like some kind of homemade swimming pool or watering trough for the dogs. It is located right next to all the dog houses. Side note: Who has THAT MANY DOGS?!
People that hunt and also breed and sell dogs.

What this profiler says is interesting about the Family Annihilator and it might fit if not for the number of people dead here. The profile he gives is of a lone perp and that's just not the case here.

Agree. As he also notes, family annihilators usually end by killing themselves. Hasn't happened. Sadly, family annihilators also usually kill small children and infants, too. They're often depressed, suicidal males, sometimes with financial problems, who feel their family will be miserable without them, so might as well kill them, too. Happened to a friend of my family, who killed his mother, kids and grandkids, even a months old infant. Wealthy, powerful, admired by everyone, a shameful .

Can we talk about the scene at Gary and Chris's?

Both the incident report and Bobby Jo said that the front room of the trailer was covered with blood. Bobbie Jo said that it looks like they had been dragged to the back room. The bodies were found "very close to each other" on the floor of the back room (obviously moved there post mortem). And the door was locked behind the killer.

Why would the killer move the bodies to the back room? As far as we know -- the rest of the family was found in their beds. Nobody was moved. So why were Chris and Gary moved?

Also, they were the first ones found. Even though they were moved.

This has to mean something, but I can't put my finger on what it means.

The old saying? "You made your bed, now lay in it?"

Mike Campbell ‏@MCampbellWHIO 2m2 minutes ago

Attorney General's spokespeople not explaining newest Pike County development.

Uggggggggggggggghhhh

Lost my place Poster who was stating totally under FBI control . Totally agree. This might (not after autopsy) but for days, might be a internationial drug cartel of the biggest calliber ----of course FBI could come in and say goodbye to our little sheriiff (12 cops under his supervision -- pls)

Come on

behind the scenes little AG was trying to ascertain if this (think watergate) if this goes full blown , and curruption in my state is exposed, what are my liablities,. He did not go there for 5 days -- he was talking to his attoneys speculation spectulation

IMO this will totally blow up, or be buried, but the reality is , depends on terrorist attacks, bigger mass murders etc, where the media goes ---if they leave --it will go away. If it remains absent of a bigger story it will stay mooo moo ffffffffffffffffff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya