OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why is wonder if the message sent by these deaths was directed, not only to other snitches, but also to LE. Very dangerous situation, especially as it seems Reader has been working very hard to clean up the drug trafficking, etc. The Chillicothe Gazette story from yesterday mentioned Reader was using undercover officers. If true, this may be why DeWine and other LE are keeping information close to the vest and being very careful about what they say. Can you imagine being an undercover officer in the midst of this mess, esp if there are still other corrupt officers around?
Well if all this is a possibility, I have concerns then about corrupt officers and their involvement..

There is a Uranium enrichment plant there...which was supposed to boom the economy with a cutting edge new technology but in 2015 that was halted and it was a big blow to the region.

In my community there is one big employer that is a chicken processing plant- you would know the name. And a lot of locals are chicken farmers for this plant. A lot of locals work at this plant- it is open 24 hours with three shifts. But a lot of people don't work. They buy and fix things and sell them- cars, motorcycles etc. They claim disability- even if they could work. They are content with very little, and a lot of the entertainment factors revolve around fire pits or hanging out in the parking lot of the local grocery store.

But even that fight.. I know lots of 16 year old boys, most aren't going to act like that.

He seem more like he would get his butt kicked.

A lot of the country boys I grew up with acted like this. All thinking they were tough, especially if they had older family that had the same complex around.

I think the killer staged the murder scene with the dollar notes to make a point. I cannot say for sure exactly what the point was.
Perhaps the killer blames the victim for doing him wrong (in some way, which we don't know) because of greed. It is also a way to make himself
feel superior to the victim, a way to humiliate the victim even after death.
$1000 =1K (Kenneth)

Sending a message?
Ehh, no that sounds stupid.
Car auctions are usually paid in cash in full aren't they?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Something strange, but I could just be putting things together that do not exist . . .

Something was said about a three thousand derby car, that's what this could be over?
Well, this article and one of the people in it actually has a derby car named "3K."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...nt-end-in-ohio-massacre.html?via=twitter_page

I have this feeling some things being reported in the media is similar to the telephone game of our elementary days.

I had to stop reading after the superglued false teeth. Seriously. I can only imagine what people from all over the world think about us (those that live here) when they read this stuff..

UGH I wondered how long it would take to start suspecting an african American....................<modsnip> Not Mexicans, not AA's. I'll eat my laptop if I'm wrong. JMO
A young adult whom is well spoken, popular, from a good family and happens to be biracial, along with a small number of friends, approach a single male, take that persons' personal property from his vehicle, and the single male *i.e. male who is alone. gathers friends of his own. This instigates the situation in which words are exchanged. Ultimately the fb post is made suggesting he can call upon his family and clear that neck of the woods out. Subsequently, many in that neck of the woods are found murdered. I would suspect any fair minded person would understand why such a person would find himself under scrutiny. Because of his ACTIONS. Not his RACE IMO etc.

You usually find their posts by searching their name and then things will pop up.
It also shows posts that other people "tagged" them in. FWIW

I have a friend familiar with southern OH and he said there was a lot of distrust with LE there and some for good reason.

It is starting to remind me of Walker County, AL. If you want to kill someone, take them there. People disappear and are never seen ever again, lots of old mine shafts, murders don't get solved, many crooked back country cops.

:yes:

This is why is wonder if the message sent by these deaths was directed, not only to other snitches, but also to LE. Very dangerous situation, especially as it seems Reader has been working very hard to clean up the drug trafficking, etc. The Chillicothe Gazette story from yesterday mentioned Reader was using undercover officers. If true, this may be why DeWine and other LE are keeping information close to the vest and being very careful about what they say. Can you imagine being an undercover officer in the midst of this mess, esp if there are still other corrupt officers around?
I kinda got that feeling when he told them to arms themselves.
IOW, telling other officers to keep themselves armed at all times too. I guess they already do.JMO.

I don't understand why people don't use the privacy settings on their social media pages, especially FB. It's horrible that so many people know intimate details about these poor people and their family/friends from FB.

Amen! The only thing anyone (who isn't friends w/ me on FB) can see on my page is my current profile picture and cover photo... and that's only because it's not possible to make those private.

I kinda got that feeling when he told them to arms themselves.
IOW, telling other officers to keep themselves armed at all times too. I guess they already do.JMO.

My husband works in Piketon and he saw 3 LE officers (not together, separate occassions) today and they all had bullet proof vests on. Not something they typically wear.

My husband works in Piketon and he saw 3 LE officers (not together, separate occassions) today and they all had bullet proof vests on. Not something they typically wear.
[emoji54] oh! That is a big deal! IMO

There is a Uranium enrichment plant there...which was supposed to boom the economy with a cutting edge new technology but in 2015 that was halted and it was a big blow to the region.

In my community there is one big employer that is a chicken processing plant- you would know the name. And a lot of locals are chicken farmers for this plant. A lot of locals work at this plant- it is open 24 hours with three shifts. But a lot of people don't work. They buy and fix things and sell them- cars, motorcycles etc. They claim disability- even if they could work. They are content with very little, and a lot of the entertainment factors revolve around fire pits or hanging out in the parking lot of the local grocery store.

Agreed, in this area there is what is called generational poverty. Which is different then situational poverty.

Basically I'm poor because we have always been poor and I cannot break the cycle because I don't know any better.

Situational poverty would be the factory shuts down and suddenly you need to be on assistance until you get back on your feet.

Generational poverty tend (some exceptions) to feel they could not survive without assistance or that that's just what you do.

For example, your teenage daughter gets pregnant, what are your first thoughts? Mine would be thinking how difficult this will make her future, what if she doesn't finish school, getting her good prenatal care. generational poverty goes into survival mode...how will we feed this baby, clothe this baby, pay doctor bills, etc. their first call would probably be to sign up for WIC before calling to get a doctors appt.

http://www.gazettextra.com/news/2008/aug/25/families-generational-poverty-form-their-own-cultu/

This describes it so much better then me.

This is based on my experience living in rural Appalachian Ohio working with generational poverty for 15 years.

Says a redacted incident report was released this evening...

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...murder-records-still-being-withheld/83603968/

"Law enforcement released a redacted incident report Wednesday evening, nearly a week into a massive, eight-victim homicide investigation in Pike County. The report revealed two men were found dead in the back bedroom, and there was a large amount of blood on the living room floor."

Actually, there were witnesses. See the video posted by Chris Rhoden Jr. on March 30, 2015 on Facebook.

I am behind again. Catching up after running errands. This seems HUGE!!

Are you saying that Chris witnessed somebody being murdered with the county prosecutor's gun, got video of the incident, and posted it?

Sorry, I have not watched the video yet, obviously. I am still driving home, but seeing what all you fabulous sleuthers found while I sit in traffic!

But was pot money fronted, pre-crop? None of the plants could have been ready for sale this soon, could they? JMO

The outdoor crop would have been new growth, but the indoor crops could have been mature. Indoor growth can mature anytime depending on when they were planted.

Says a redacted incident report was released this evening...

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...murder-records-still-being-withheld/83603968/

"Law enforcement released a redacted incident report Wednesday evening, nearly a week into a massive, eight-victim homicide investigation in Pike County. The report revealed two men were found dead in the back bedroom, and there was a large amount of blood on the living room floor."

A portion of the redacted report can be seen in a photo tweeted by @chrisgraves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298