OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, several commented on this on the very first day. In the initial news reports, it was reported that the Sheriff's office, the BCI and the CYBER CRIMES UNIT were called to the scene.

I know, I've been dogging it for a while. But I think it's important to consider - who could make a threat and also have the skill to make a "professional hit" on 8 people and also has the need for a lot of money?

Yes, let's get started on a timeline.

Friday, 4/22/2016

3-4 am Early Friday (1.5 hours prior to first daybreak, according to his comment on a news story): A neighbor of Chris Sr is in the woods to hunt and hears multiple gunshots

11pm Thursday night: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

7:00 am Friday: Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr.'s house. She tells LE she arrived alone.

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911

8… First officer responds to scene

Anyone have a link to the screenshot of the officer's incident report?

1:26 pm Friday (not sure if this is correct): Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

You are indeed a peach for taking this on!

7:53 am -- PCSO Dep. Music and Dep. Chandler are dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in response to the 7:49 911 call.

8:07 am -- Dep. Chandler arrived "at a neighboring residence where he was flagged down by a subject. Dep. Chandler advised that he needed multiple ambulances due to multiple down at multiple residences."

8:12 am -- Dep. Music, Dep. Ball, and Maj. Evans all arrived "on scene" where they were approached by [Redacted] who stated: "there are two more dead people here." [Redacted] pointed to the residence at 4077 Union Hill.

Those entries are sourced from the portion of the released 4-22 incident report obtained by Gannett Ohio. A photo tweeted by @chrisgraves I will have to dig out the time and date of the tweet if you need me to. I've run into problems linking to it. The photo of the report is posted somewhere here at WS. I'll see if I can find it.

Sorry for the lengthy items. I'm trying to circumvent "what exactly did they say" as much as possible so I quoted some things verbatim.

I also have the time for the 911 call made by Donald Stone re Kenneth Rhoden as 1:26 pm. Sourced from my notes, but should be easily verified or corrected.

1:36 pm -- Ohio AG Mike DeWine issues a press release: 7 people murdered in "execution-style killings" (Source -- I believe this will be a tweet on 4-22. I will dig out where I saw it.)

8:21 am --PCSO request for assistance sent to BCI (Source CNN -- I will have to fetch a link)

12:13 at least 4 BCI Crime Scene Unit trucks are seen at the intersection of Hwy 32 and Union Hill Road headed towards the crime scenes. (Source: tweet including a photo made by Gannett Ohio reporter @saranealeigh)

All times I provided are EDT to the best of my knowledge/reckoning.

Maybe her hinky meter went off...as she automatically went about doing her critter chores, maybe she began to realize something seemed 'off'? Perhaps it was just too darn quiet....not the usual hustle and bustle of neighbourhood noises she realized she usually heard?

Yes and I suppose she may have heard babies crying.

I'm confused and maybe missed something but news reports all said 16-year-old Chris was the 8th victim found 8 miles away at 799 Left Fork Rd.
"Five move bodies were found in those homes and the 16-year-old was later found at a home on Left Fork Road." They all said this.

http://umbrellaofsuspicion.com/2016/04/rhoden-family-murders/ (for example)

But Kenneth is the one Stone said was shot at that address per his 911 call six hours later. There were already seven bodies found, so one of those two accounts is wrong. Have we already discussed this and I missed it? Or have I misunderstood something?
This is another example of media getting it wrong. Misinformation.
i heard this too and initially thought and reported that Chris Jr. was at that last location, alone.
It was incorrect.
Media needs to do better on this type case. We can't believe everything that is printed or reported.

Thanks! Anyone find a link yet to the details of the officer incident report? TIA

Just looking at this timeline reminds me - and it's important in any murder investigation - is there any information at all about what the other family members, esp CR1, Gary, Kenneth, Frankie, etc. were doing that day before returning home and going to bed?

8a91aba791ea9392b243c7b0785f45a1.jpg

Thanks, JaimeinLA and others. Here's the latest.

I'm keeping this on my pc, gathering links, etc. when we get a good timeline compiled, we can put it in the media/timeline thread.

Timeline:

2012 – AG DeWine issued press release announcing LE had discovered “a major marijuana grow site” in Pike County with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel. During the discovery, 1200 plants were destroyed by investigators and two abandoned campsites were located, which they believe had belonged to Mexican nationals.

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306329-Media-amp-Timeline-NO-DISCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered>

Feb 2016: Box of marijuana discovered at Piketon Post Office, investigation leads to discovery of "shatter" operation

10 days prior to murders: A Facebook threat is made by a teen saying he will "Go up to Union Hill and take them all out"

4 days prior to murders: Hanna R gives birth

2 days prior to murders: Chris Jr involved in road rage incident court case

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306434-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5&p=12509140&posted=1#post12509140>

Thursday, 4/21/2016

8am: Dana arrives at work - Hillcrest Nursing Home

11pm: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20 pm - Dana arrives home

Friday, 4/22/2016

3-5 am Early Friday (1.5 hours prior to first daybreak, according to his comment on a news story): A neighbor of Chris Sr is in the woods to hunt and hears multiple gunshots

Between 4 am and 7 am - the following were murdered

Bodies found at 3122 UHR: Dana, Hanna Rhoden, Chris Rhoden Jr.
Bodies found at 4077 UHR: Chris Sr. and Gary (3 GSW to head)
Bodies found at 4199 URH: Frankie and Hannah Hazel Gilley
Body found near 799 LFR: Kenneth Rhoden (1 GSW to head)

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306434-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page55>

7:00 am Friday: Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr.'s house. She tells LE she arrived alone.

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911

8&#8230; First officer responds to scene

1:26 pm Friday: Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

Saturday, 4/23/2016

3:41am - LE arrives at Bobby Jo Manley's residence to question her; 5 others also questioned

Who is Jaime and do you have a link?

That's me! LOL! I have no idea where I read that Bobby Jo was Clarence's caretaker. Maybe it was just a theory here? Or maybe I read it in one of the millions of user comments I have been reading on every news article? There is no link to it. Consider it pure rumor. We don't know what their special relationship was.

I think it is weird though. I have 2 sisters. I have only met both of my sister's fathers in law one time, at my sisters' weddings. I can't imagine what would lead to a special relationship with a sister's husband's father.

if not revenge or hate, then who would benefit from everyone's death who gets the surviving babies?

That's me! LOL! I have no idea where I read that Bobby Jo was Clarence's caretaker. Maybe it was just a theory here? Or maybe I read it in one of the millions of user comments I have been reading on every news article? There is no link to it. Consider it pure rumor. We don't know what their special relationship was.

I think it is weird though. I have 2 sisters. I have only met both of my sister's fathers in law one time, at my sisters' weddings. I can't imagine what would lead to a special relationship with a sister's husband's father.

It was alluded to in his obituary. I don't have the link offhand.

Shotguns leave shells, not casings. And they are full of little pellets.
True, and if a shotgun was used those pellets spray outward as it the leaves the barrel. If the baby was laying next to the mother, it would have been peppered with buckshot too. The only thing I can imagine is if indeed a shotgun was used it was loaded with a deer slug. JMO

I think I may be the one who first floated the possibility of either caregiver or romance in thread #3 after reading Clarence's obit. We don't know if Bobby has a job but know that she is paid to take care of the animals and clean Chris's place. So maybe the family has always hired her to do odd jobs over the years.

Has someone else posted this? I'm sorry if it's redundant....

"You know, there's a lot of things have been covered up right here in Pike County," said Leonard Manley, the father of victim Dana Rhoden, in an interview Monday.

He declined to reveal whether his daughter ever feared for her safety or if he knew who might be responsible. Manley did say, however, his daughter's dogs were wary of strangers so "they must have been there all the time."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nati...illing-Slaying-Facebook-Threat-377011761.html

You are indeed a peach for taking this on!

7:53 am -- PCSO Dep. Music and Dep. Chandler are dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in response to the 7:49 911 call.

8:07 am -- Dep. Chandler arrived "at a neighboring residence where he was flagged down by a subject. Dep. Chandler advised that he needed multiple ambulances due to multiple down at multiple residences."

8:12 am -- Dep. Music, Dep. Ball, and Maj. Evans all arrived "on scene" where they were approached by [Redacted] who stated: "there are two more dead people here." [Redacted] pointed to the residence at 4077 Union Hill.

Those entries are sourced from the portion of the released 4-22 incident report obtained by Gannett Ohio. A photo tweeted by @chrisgraves I will have to dig out the time and date of the tweet if you need me to. I've run into problems linking to it. The photo of the report is posted somewhere here at WS. I'll see if I can find it.

Sorry for the lengthy items. I'm trying to circumvent "what exactly did they say" as much as possible so I quoted some things verbatim.

I also have the time for the 911 call made by Donald Stone re Kenneth Rhoden as 1:26 pm. Sourced from my notes, but should be easily verified or corrected.

1:36 pm -- Ohio AG Mike DeWine issues a press release: 7 people murdered in "execution-style killings" (Source -- I believe this will be a tweet on 4-22. I will dig out where I saw it.)

8:21 am --PCSO request for assistance sent to BCI (Source CNN -- I will have to fetch a link)

12:13 at least 4 BCI Crime Scene Unit trucks are seen at the intersection of Hwy 32 and Union Hill Road headed towards the crime scenes. (Source: tweet including a photo made by Gannett Ohio reporter @saranealeigh)

All times I provided are EDT to the best of my knowledge/reckoning.

You! Are! AMAZING! Thank you. I will post an updated version momentarily.

I'm more cynical. It was over the top and maybe more for attention. Same with all the selfies. I'm very private though and think putting it all out there is strange.

I'm cynical, too, but my best friend died last year and his death was sudden and unexpected. I experienced intense grief for a couple of months and I was fortunately able to work my way through it. I also never posted about it on social media. There is a thing called "complicated grief" and it is a psychiatric condition that some people develop when they experience a loss. They find it impossible to move past their grief and need professional help. It is hard to say whether she suffered from that or whether she was seeking attention.

Me too! I have wondered that since Laurence said it. I guess it is possible that 6 adults lived in the same house. But in other cases I have followed -- if 6 adults are together in the middle of the night, immediately following a murder -- they are plotting. They are discussing what to say, what not to say, what happened, what needs to be cleaned up, etc. Not saying that is what happened here. Just saying that is what has happened in other cases.

If 8 members of my family were murdered, I'd prefer to be in a large group for the time being.

Updated timeline. Thanks everyone!

2012 – AG DeWine issued press release announcing LE had discovered “a major marijuana grow site” in Pike County with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel. During the discovery, 1200 plants were destroyed by investigators and two abandoned campsites were located, which they believe had belonged to Mexican nationals. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306329-Media-amp-Timeline-NO-DISCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered>)

Feb 2016: 38-pound box of marijuana mailed from CA discovered at Piketon Post Office, investigation leads to discovery of "shatter" operation. No arrests are made. No suspects are named.

10 days prior to murders: A Facebook threat is made by a teen saying he will "Go up to Union Hill and take them all out" (paraphrasing, but it was close to that)

2 days prior to murders: Woman involved in road rage incident with Chris Jr is in court and is sentenced (

8am Thursday: Dana arrives at work. She was an hour late. Find out she has to work an unexpected double shift.

11pm Thursday: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20pm: Dana arrives home

Approx. 4 am Friday (1.5 hours prior to first daybreak, according to his comment on a news story): A neighbor of Chris Sr is in the woods to hunt and hears multiple gunshots.

Sometime between 4am and 7am: All 8 victims are murdered (except possibly Kenneth)
(http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...y-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page55)

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911 to report Chris and Gary's bodies

8:07 am -- Dep. Chandler arrived "at a neighboring residence” (Frankie’s?) where he was flagged down by a subject. Dep. Chandler advised that he needed “multiple ambulances due to multiple down at multiple residences."

8:21 am --PCSO request for assistance sent to BCI (Source: CNN)

12:13 pm -- at least 4 BCI Crime Scene Unit trucks are seen at the intersection of Hwy 32 and Union Hill Road headed towards the crime scenes. (Source: tweet including a photo made by Gannett Ohio reporter @saranealeigh)

1:36 pm -- Ohio AG Mike DeWine issues a press release: 7 people murdered in "execution-style killings"

3:41 am Saturday: Police arrive at Bobby Jo's residence and aggressively question her and 5 others
edit note

These people probably all knew each other before Dana became a Rhoden and the culture in Appalachian communities, everyone knows everyone and outsiders are outsiders.

This is a lot how it used to be in the country, my grandparents each had a sibling that married each other. Small community and my great aunt married the brother of her brother in law. My great aunt and great uncle were my great aunt and uncle "two ways" if that makes sense.

So my great aunt and grandmother had the same father in law and mother in law.

I added a little. Anyone else?.....

10 days prior to murders: A Facebook threat is made by a teen saying he will "Go up to Union Hill and take them all out" (paraphrasing, but it was close to that)

2 days prior to murders: Chris Jr involved in road rage incident court case

11pm Thursday night: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20 am: Dana arrives home

Approx. 4 am Friday (1.5 hours prior to first daybreak, according to his comment on a news story): A neighbor of Chris Sr is in the woods to hunt and hears multiple gunshots.

Sometime between 4am and 7am: All 8 victims are murdered (except possibly Kenneth)

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911 to report Chris and Gary's bodies

8:00 am Friday: First officer responds to scene

3:41 am Saturday: Police arrive at Bobby Jo's residence and aggressively question her and 5 others

One day post murders: Another Kenneth Rhoden (brother and cousin to victims) calls 911 in Greenup KY to report being followed and chased by two men in a car

http://www.wlwt.com/news/rhoden-family-member-chased-day-after-shootings-he-reports/39247458

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay