OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would LE have them? I really know very little about guns...
They could have them, but they are still federally tracked very closely. LE would be nuts to use a suppressor in a crime.

Thanks for those! I am thinking more along the lines of home made silencers.
JMO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ack! My dogs just went nuts! Oops! It's after 2 am. Turn your volume down if you don't want your family furious[emoji41]

The unsupressed is loud lol

Thanks for those! I am thinking more along the lines of home made silencers.
JMO

They aren't anymore quiet though, probably likely to be less quiet.

They could have them, but they are still federally tracked very closely. LE would be nuts to use a suppressor in a crime.
My whole theory hinges on a desperado with an unusual access to weapons. The pillow worked pretty good as a suppressor...

My whole theory hinges on a desperado with an unusual access to weapons. The pillow worked pretty good as a suppressor...
The pillow was bad lol. That was loud.

What is "unusual access" to guns for you?

I know I said I was going to bed, but a bottle of wine decided to open itself.
Did we discuss Kenny Rhoden's call to 911 on the 28th about being followed by a car that tried to run him off the road in Ashland, KY?

The pillow was bad lol. That was loud.

What is "unusual access" to guns for you?

If you recall, the county prosecutor came out and said he lent guns to an accused member of LE. He said its not unusual to pass guns back and forth... seems so strange to me. This accused person had friends in high places till Sheriff Reader took over

My husband accidentally shot his Glock in the house while cleaning it. I was in the very next room.
It sounded like he had blown up a paper bag and popped it. I was waiting for "ha ha scared ya didnt I?"
I didnt even get up until he yelled my name and told me he'd shot himself. (In the arm) 20 years later... He is fine, 45 hollow point does some damage! but I am still SMH... How stupid!
Not one neighbor heard it!
It was only one shot, so... I can see why no one heard anything near by.
My neighbors are about 3 car lenghts away, if that!
Useless info, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
I didn't even know he had it out, so it was the FARTHEST thing from my mind.
MOO

Goodnight all, listening to David Rawlings Machine and remembering my "roots" - I'll probably dream about guns and suppressors lol

If you recall, the county prosecutor came out and said he lent guns to an accused member of LE. He said its not unusual to pass guns back and forth... seems so strange to me. This accused person had friends in high places till Sheriff Reader took over
But there are ballistics and records unless someone has a true drop gun and it is found not near them.

That is rare.

If they have a gun, they can tell of a bullet came from it. Also previous ballistics from crimes are on file and many LE weapons, duty or not, have ballistics on file in case they have to shoot someone during work. It is easier to determine what happened.

My husband accidentally shot his Glock in the house while cleaning it. I was in the very next room.
It sounded like he had blown up a paper bag and popped it. I was waiting for "ha ha scared ya didnt I?"
I didnt even get up until he yelled my name and told me he'd shot himself. (In the arm) 20 years later... He is fine, 45 hollow point does some damage! but I am still SMH... How stupid!
Not one neighbor heard it!
It was only one shot, so... I can see why no one heard anything near by.
My neighbors are about 3 car lenghts away, if that!
Useless info, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
I didn't even know he had it out, so it was the FARTHEST thing from my mind.
MOO

That is abnormal. I have shot my glock out the window and my ears ring. There is a reason you wear ear protection for practice.

Can you even re use a home made silencer? I wouldn't think so, so for me, unless it was fitted with something that could be fired numerous times, I am not sold on a silencer.
JMO

Can you even re use a home made silencer? I wouldn't think so, so for me, unless it was fitted with something that could be fired numerous times, I am not sold on a silencer.
JMO

I don't know about reusing a homemade. I have tossed around buying a suppressor but it is just toi much crap and money. If I was at the range a few to several times a week, maybe worth it.

Did we discuss Kenny Rhoden's call to 911 on the 28th about being followed by a car that tried to run him off the road in Ashland, KY?

There's been some discussion.

Found this -- I missed it if it has already been posted here.

On Monday, FOX19 NOW reached out to the caller, who claimed it was not a legitimate threat. Rhoden said the pursuing vehicle was “local boys partying” and “drunk idiots.”

http://m.fox19.com/fox19/db_347473/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=C2kPRUy0

So now there's that.

If Chris and Frankie's house were hit at the same time, there is no chance. Dana wouldn't have probably heard what happened nor would they have heard from Dana's. There is almost 2 miles between Dana's and Chris/Frankie.

The fact that Chris was so close to Frankie is what indicates more than one.

This is what I can't get around - at minimum we are talking 4 shots at either location to kill the 2 people there, which would have been heard in the other location. It seems either Chris or Frankie had to be subdued or already dead, if they weren't killed at the same time. That I think is where we get the "sophisticated" part of this crime - it also indicates this was not a crime of passion or a drug-fueled craze.

The other thing that strikes me is that the coroner referenced soft tissue injuries, which either indicate fighting back or beating up (i.e. torture). BJM said someone had beat the "f--k" out of CR Sr. & GR on the phone - there was blood all over the place. It sure sounds like they put up a fight, at least. It wouldn't surprise me if Frankie's was the same.

I've been catching up on all the forums here - appreciate that there are people as obsessed with this crime as me.

It has been discussed, from what I remember LE discounted it as not connected.

That is abnormal. I have **** my glock out the window and my ears ring. There is a reason you wear ear protection for practice.
I know they are loud! My dad worked for a local shooting range here after his retirement
My husband was in the master bedroom, the door was shut ( a cheap particle board door not a wooden one).
I was in the family room 15 -20 feet away watching TV.
There is extra insulation between the two walls, but the house was built in 93. I want to say RF 14 or 18?
It could be because my dad target shot in our basement when I was young, but that was just a . 22. That "pop"was loud to me.
That night it just didn't alarm me at first. It was Jan 1996, so everyone had their windows down.
IDK.
Yes, my ears do ring at the shooting range and at the trap and skeet range.
Maybe my hearing is damaged! 👂22 years in a pediatric office with screaming babies...
Back then I had only worked for 7 so,
I can't explain it.
I can see how people could ignore a few shots, but 9?!!
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members