OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My questions are
1- why was there no attempt by anyone to call 911 during the massacre?
2-why haven't we heard that anyone returned fire?

If either happened I guess it would be kept close to the vest by LE.
Hopefully at some point, I'll have answers to those 2 questions

MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Probably because people didn't have a chance.

Do you have a link for the armed families? I didn't hear LE tell us that. I know it's assumed but not fact so far. I did hear the Sheriff talk about folks arming themselves after the murders.

Did LE say a grow op or just that pot was found in 3 of the locations? Not 6-7 plants in a window but more.

I don't even know what's fact anymore.

Thank you
No there is no link for it, never met a country family, met thousands, that aren't armed. You need to be for many reasons.

Do you have a link for the armed families? I didn't hear LE tell us that. I know it's assumed but not fact so far. I did hear the Sheriff talk about folks arming themselves after the murders.

Did LE say a grow op or just that pot was found in 3 of the locations? Not 6-7 plants in a window but more.

I don't even know what's fact anymore.

Thank you
Oh one more thing, he said grow op that was not personal but "commercial" is the word he used.

I agree. Hard to believe that all 8 never had a chance. Sure seems that way though. Thinking along the lines of them being so vigilant about intruders. (If they really were)
MOO

As a farmer I would have my crop in the ground on April 4th based on this link if I lived in Piketon, us farmers need to get money growing in the ground as early as possible.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/freeze-frost-dates/index.php?q=45661&submit=Go
Not me. I'd not want to risk frost b/c I'd not be able to put a canopy on them. I'd go with April 17, at the very earliest, but having an indoor grow room, if it were of decent size, I'd go later than that just to make sure and probably go the safer bet of almost guaranteed that you will not get frost from May 1st. They're still growing in the grow room. Just getting sturdier and bigger.

No there is no link for it, never met a country family, met thousands, that aren't armed. You need to be for many reasons.
Also.. You have roosters there and that will attract foxes and you have to have a gun for that.

I agree. Hard to believe that all 8 never had a chance. Sure seems that way though. Thinking along the lines of them being so vigilant about intruders. (If they really were)
MOO

If Chris and Frankie's house were hit at the same time, there is no chance. Dana wouldn't have probably heard what happened nor would they have heard from Dana's. There is almost 2 miles between Dana's and Chris/Frankie.

The fact that Chris was so close to Frankie is what indicates more than one.

How? Their arrests are public record.

You say "my office has had contact on minor issues with this family" and move on.

If someone will not be honest about those little things, they won't be honest about big things.

I'm very involved in pressers, that wasn't a good move and the press anywhere else would have ripped him to shreds.

Right. He said, "no comment," when asked about them having run ins with the law. Then he stated how he hadn't had any run ins with them himself. He beat around the bush.

Agreed. I haven't been able to follow this story in its entirety as it's moving too fast on here, but if nothing has been said about the weapon or weapons used I'd suspect a silenced pistol or two used by one or more persons who either had keys or who were skilled in silent entry.

(HAS anything been released about the weapon(s) used?)

If Chris and Frankie's house were hit at the same time, there is no chance. Dana wouldn't have probably heard what happened nor would they have heard from Dana's. There is almost 2 miles between Dana's and Chris/Frankie.

The fact that Chris was so close to Frankie is what indicates more than one.

How many seconds do you reckon? Could the perp(s) have taken out Frankie and Hana, which did awaken Gary and Chris, but the killer met them at their door, shooting as he went into the trailer?

Agreed. I haven't been able to follow this story in its entirety as it's moving too fast on here, but if nothing has been said about the weapon or weapons used I'd suspect a silenced pistol or two used by one or more persons who either had keys or who were skilled in silent entry.

(HAS anything been released about the weapon(s) used?)
No, not yet they haven't. But a suppressor probably could have still been heard between Frankie and Chris's, their homes were very close.

ETA: I'm not sold on a suppressor because of how hard they are to get and how strictly they are kept up with. Also due to something else that can't be discussed on the forums.

How many seconds do you reckon? Could the perp(s) have taken out Frankie and Hana, which did awaken Gary and Chris, but met them at their door, shooting as he went into the trailer?
I think the shooter would have been met with two guns. If I heard gunshots next door in my sleep, I would have my gun in hand and be up in less than 2 seconds.

Well, there's still investigators at the homes piecing things together in order through the autopsies, lab results, and onscene evidence, so by now they know if there's one or more shooters. They know who's house was hit first, what happened in each home, and alot more that won't come out till they have the suspects. I'm hoping they're going to put some of this out after the funerals Tuesday if there's no arrests.

"Most efficient modern suppressors will drop the sound ofa gunshot by at least 30 dB.To appreciate how significant a reduction 30 dB represents,one needs to understand how sound is measured.The decibel scale is logarithmic, meaning that each unitis 10 times that of the preceding one. For example, a noisesource measuring 80 dB is 10 times as loud as a source measuring70 dB and 100 times as loud as a source reading of60 dB. A small difference in value actually means a tremendousdifference in intensity. So reducing a gunshot by even30 dB makes it 1,000 times quieter, and it is through this tremendousdrop in the amount of sound that the suppressorpreserves your hearing from damage." Taken from Tacticalmedicine.com

It is still loud and a suppressor is very hard to get, not common and tracked by the federal government.

It takes months to get approved, easier to buy a gun.

How many seconds do you reckon? Could the perp(s) have taken out Frankie and Hana, which did awaken Gary and Chris, but the killer met them at their door, shooting as he went into the trailer?

I think in that scenario, CRsr and GR would have won.

Would LE have them? I really know very little about guns...

"Most efficient modern suppressors will drop the sound ofa gunshot by at least 30 dB.To appreciate how significant a reduction 30 dB represents,one needs to understand how sound is measured.The decibel scale is logarithmic, meaning that each unitis 10 times that of the preceding one. For example, a noisesource measuring 80 dB is 10 times as loud as a source measuring70 dB and 100 times as loud as a source reading of60 dB. A small difference in value actually means a tremendousdifference in intensity. So reducing a gunshot by even30 dB makes it 1,000 times quieter, and it is through this tremendousdrop in the amount of sound that the suppressorpreserves your hearing from damage." Taken from Tacticalmedicine.com
Suppressed and not suppressed shots with a 9mm.

https://youtu.be/qZU5TGljAmw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member