OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The old saying my grandmother used is "Talking loud and saying nothing..."

Roosters yes. Dogs no.

Wasn't it determined that the family had mostly coonhounds? No fighting dogs there. Put two of those together and they are going to lay down & plan their next racoon hunt. Then they are gonna nap until it's time to get in the truck.

How long does it take for DNA results to come in? Four weeks? My guess is if they're going to make arrests it won't be until then. Now everything is just speculation unfortunately. Man I hope they make some arrests, and that the right people are prosecuted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The perps may be even more nervous, because they don't know what LE knows and isn't telling. And the longer the spin pressers go on, hopefully the more chance that people will talk................maybe.............JMO

I wish they would release the times of death and who had how many GSWs. I really don't understand the point of holding that info back. The perps know they know so why keep it hush hush? I want some new info..

If your post is missing this NOT a birth control debate so do not go there.

Thanks

I don't see Ruby pulling the reward money because he fears his family is in danger from Pike County locals growing pot for local sale. If that many locals are smoking, It would take hours just to get from Peebles to 23 because everyone would be going 15 mph. That large of an amount had to be going somewhere else.

Then maybe he could have made a donation to help with funeral expenses. IMO, he just does this for publicity. I know he has put up rewards before, and backed out. Pathetic!!

The old saying my grandmother used is "Talking loud and saying nothing..."

LOL I don't even know her, or didn't, but I hear her loud and clear!!!! hahaha THANKS

I wish they would release the times of death and who had how many GSWs. I really don't understand the point of holding that info back. The perps know they know so why keep it hush hush? I want some new info..

If the caskets are open tomorrow, you can bet that people will be counting the wounds under the make-up. Somebodies will be yakkin' on FB. JMO Daily Mail will pay someone for a scoop, too.

You are missing the point. The man has lied. He said they basically had no reason to tell the Rhodens they were in danger.

Their actions and words have proven otherwise.
They've been pretty loose with their ways of wording from the beginning. It's not that surprising.

It is a contradiction, a huge one.

I think you are missing the politics of this.

I think the Rhodens are in danger, my issue is not him saying that.

I'm reading the politics into it because I recognize a political speech. I'm not the only one on this thread that saw it..

I don't see how it can be a contradiction when the information is substantially the same.

The only politics I have seen seems to stem from the fact Mike DeWine has been a politician for almost 40 years. He probably talks that way to his wife.
I don't particularly care for him, but he has always been a pretty solid professional politician. To think he would be focusing on the political aspect of this and making so many political mistakes seems pretty unlikely. This isn't a county commissioner, he's probably the most politically accomplished attorney general in the country.

I should say, I don't think you're wrong, and I don't think I'm right. I mostly want to discuss it because there's no new information to talk about and it's killing me. I also see this from a different perspective than you, and your perspective in very interesting to me.

This is all JMO and my observances from reading posts here and maybe I've misunderstood and/or interpreted posts differently than what they were meant to portray, but it seems as if having grow ops in the area is not uncommon and considered to some a common way of life, then why does it come as such a shock to others in the same area that there WERE indeed grow ops at the Rhoden's?? I mean LE has announced the grow ops were there but yet people still having trouble accepting that?

And whether it is considered a way of life for some, it is still illegal!

Also, IMO, it would be common sense to me that if 8 family members were murdered, it would be very difficult to think they hadn't been 'targeted' and I wouldn't need LE to tell me to be cautious and/or that I could be in danger.

I don't see how it can be a contradiction when the information is substantially the same.

The only politics I have seen seems to stem from the fact Mike DeWine has been a politician for almost 40 years. He probably talks that way to his wife.
I don't particularly care for him, but he has always been a pretty solid professional politician. To think he would be focusing on the political aspect of this and making so many political mistakes seems pretty unlikely. This isn't a county commissioner, he's probably the most politically accomplished attorney general in the country.

I should say, I don't think you're wrong, and I don't think I'm right. I mostly want to discuss it because there's no new information to talk about and it's killing me. I also see this from a different perspective than you, and your perspective in very interesting to me.
The info isn't the same.

I deal with US politicians also, not just local and state.

They don't do politicial spin at personal times unless they are trying to win an argument or cover for themselves.

His statement was prepared.

Here's the problem ... The Andy Griffith show was a pretty cool show, Pike County might just be Mayberry, but this is real life, real murder, so they need to stop all the shuffling and shenanigans...

I'm behind so this may have been addressed. Personally I think the Rhodens were just growing pot and getting it out as fast as possible. I may be wrong but they just don't seem like the kind of people that are going to have labs on their properties.

Sorry I didn’t make myself more clear! What I was trying to say is with medical marijuana becoming more viable (as in fighting cancer, or stopping seizures in little kids) there is a much bigger market opening up way beyond people just smoking a joint to get high. More $$ to be made = bigger players getting into the game. With meaner rules. So I was saying maybe this was less about the specific product the R.’s were producing and more about territory and distribution. See what I mean??

ETA: My husband just passed away from cancer, and yes, at the end we got him cannabis oil to alleviate his symptoms. (There was no way he could have smoked a joint or pipe). After researching a lot, I discovered what a financially booming business it is and a lot of it is underground because of the different state laws and the FDA. Not saying this is the case here - but why wouldn't some type of cartel want to horn in on the territory if there is money to be made?

Ok not sure what some are missing..

The problem isn't them saying the other Rhodens are in danger, it is what he said today. He said there was no reason except a last name in common, which isn't a reason for protective custody.

He contradicted himself and the Sheriff.

What he said today was basically anyone with the same last name as anyone murdered is in as much danger as other Rhodens are.

I don't believe that for a minute. I don't believe for a minute they have not had reason other than 8 people with the same name, to think other Rhodens are in danger. Basically he said there is zero danger to other Rhodens.

I don't believe that and it contradicts what they have said and their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M