OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. They had no information in the beginning, so it was prudent to believe the threat was still active.

That makes sense. Maybe that's a good sign. Maybe they know much more now than before and are confident to remove the threat warning to the rest of the Rhoden's.

It is a contradiction, a huge one.

I think you are missing the politics of this.

I think the Rhodens are in danger, my issue is not him saying that.

I'm reading the politics into it because I recognize a political speech. I'm not the only one on this thread that saw it..

Is it possible that when he warned them they didn't know who diid it, but now they do so they're backtracking?

Yes. It is the same reason every last aircraft in America was grounded on 9/11/2001 once we realized we were under attack. We didn't know then the extent of the plot and took the historic measure of shutting down all air traffic in the country.
Not even close to the same thing.

Thank you! It seems so simple to me, I'm not sure why some can't see it.

I think we see it and many have offered reasons for the discrepancy.. No one KNEW anything at the beginning and people were afraid. We went through a LONG spiel here about everyone being ARMED there, anyway, so no one needed to be told to arm. If anyone considers this to be a major betrayal of the public trust, write your congressmen and senators and demand that....whatever you think is a just punishment. (if you can get through to them). JMO

Is it possible that when he warned them they didn't know who diid it, but now they do so they're backtracking?
They said there was no reason for the warning day one other than the 8 murders of the Rhodens and nothing has changed.

Yes they did say there was a threat to other Rhodens. They said the community wasn't in danger. They said they offered protective custody to other Rhodens.

They admitted they said other Rhodens were in danger in what you posted.

"We have no new information that would indicate that there is a threat to any of the members of the family," DeWine told The Associated Press in an interview before speaking at an opiate-related conference in Columbus. "We don't have any information on that. And we did not when we initially said it other than the fact we had eight people killed."

Was he asked a question or did he issue a statement? I can't find video, just news reports. If he was asked a question it could alter the context of his statement.

I'm going to listen to the first presser again, because I don't recall ever hearing the sheriff or AG say there was a threat to the remaining family.

Carried over from Thread #6 Page 23 Post 338, made by myself.
Legal ones take a lot of time and red tape to acquire. They can easily be made at home using a simple oil filter (Car) or parts of a Mag Light (Flashlight). I saw it on a you tube video and they are just as effective as the high dollar ones.

There are also suppressors for shotguns too

[video=youtube;HFFAcHQE8xg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFFAcHQE8xg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFFAcHQE8xg[/video]

I think we see it and many have offered reasons for the discrepancy.. No one KNEW anything at the beginning and people were afraid. We went through a LONG spiel here about everyone being ARMED there, anyway, so no one needed to be told to arm. If anyone considers this to be a major betrayal of the public trust, write your congressmen and senators and demand that....whatever you think is a just punishment. (if you can get through to them). JMO
There is no punishment for this, politicians just keep getting away with it.

Tell me "We aren't releasing info" bit don't spin me like I can't read or understand what you are saying.

Bad politicians stay in office because people give them the benefit of the doubt, again and again and again.

Does anyone know how to put someone on ignore while using Tapatalk? I know how on laptop just not on my phone.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was said at the presser with the Sheriff and the DA and more than once. I believe it was also addressed in a scrum when the DA was out and about.
And was made very very clear. Unlike todays heaf spinning snippit. IMO
Also, there are numerous post made regarding this very topic in the earlier threads if anyone wants to revisit.

Does anyone know how to put someone on ignore while using Tapatalk? I know how on laptop just not on my phone.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know you could do that at all lol

Was he asked a question or did he issue a statement? I can't find video, just news reports. If he was asked a question it could alter the context of his statement.

I'm going to listen to the first presser again, because I don't recall ever hearing the sheriff or AG say there was a threat to the remaining family.
I can't even go back and search though the mess of Google but it isn't necessary.

The AG HIMSELF SAID they said the Rhodens were in danger.

"We have no new information that would indicate that there is a threat to any of the members of the family," DeWine told The Associated Press in an interview before speaking at an opiate-related conference in Columbus. "We don't have any information on that. And we did not when we initially said it other than the fact we had eight people killed."

His response was in quotation marks and the question he was asked is also presented. The article has been linked several times and should also be in the media.thread.

They said there was no reason for the warning day one other than the 8 murders of the Rhodens and nothing has changed.

He didn't say nothing has changed. He said:

We have no new information that would indicate that there is a threat to any of the members of the family

He did not say "We have new information that would indicate there is no threat to any of the members of the family". There is a huge difference in the two statements. He won't make the latter statement at this point in the investigation. It would show their hand.

And was made very very clear. Unlike todays heaf spinning snippit. IMO
Also, there are numerous post made regarding this very topic in the earlier threads if anyone wants to revisit.
Exactly

He did not say "We have new information that would indicate there is no threat to any of the members of the family". There is a huge difference in the two statements. He won't make the latter statement at this point in the investigation. It would show their hand.
Later post on this because it is crystal clear.

"And we did not when we initially said it other than the fact we had eight people killed."

Say WHAAAA???????
Your post just caused my head to spin like DeWine's did earlier.

I'm so torn on this case. All of my theories go against each other.

ETA: Clearly with all the agitation, I can tell we are all in the same boat.

I'm so torn on this case. All of my theories go against each other.

ETA: Clearly with all the agitation, I can tell we are all in the same boat.
Hahahaha I'm frustrated but my agitation is because I feel like I'm not being heard by a couple. ;)

Sounds like weasel cya to me... I really thing the powder keg is the graft they've been extorting from family growers for years. Makes sense that they'd bust pot coming in from Cali or do a "smoke and mirrors" bust from time to time. It makes me wonder who knew they could do it and get away with it? My speculations can go into darker places where the elimination of an entire family gets written off as means to an end...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member