OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree.

This is my wheelhouse, I recognize it just like a doctor recognizes pink eye.

We can agree to disagree. I too have had experience in your area and the political side of things. There are many times what I like to call a pissing contest between the ranks. The AG in my opinion is saying I'm in charge and shut up to Reader and publicly saying that Reader was wrong in the beginning. I'm sure Reader got a little schooling on what he can and can't say now and that he's on a short leash. Perhaps in contrast to you, I see the higher up side of things because I usually deal with the higher ups. I'm not saying that there isn't a political side to this. There is. But I don't think it has anything to do with this case and pages and pages and pages shouldn't be wasted on something that isn't going to solve murders and I don't think he lied.

I just sent a message to a warden I know personally to ask if he would patrol on private property and he said no way Jose.

Just to clarify...he's a ODNR officer? In Ohio? Sorry. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse.

Same here. I'm on the highland adams line. We've only seen the sheriff one time.That's because I called them. Someone dumped portable meth labs on our farmland. I see ODNR all the time out here. I've lived here 2 1/2 years now.

A part of my family settled Sugar Tree Ridge in Highland OH generations ago. Beautiful country.

Lol. I thought I was in the country. It takes ~60 minutes for a deputy here. I think we're a popular deer hunting destination so *maybe* that's why we see so many wildlife officers (I don't notice them during say turkey season) but they literally take over our town for a week. Especially on opening day. It's very surreal.

I would definitely think UHR would be the same especially with the vicinity to Brush Creek Forest. JMO.

Edited: I thought I quoted the post above this was re: ODNR. I don't know what I did wrong. Sorry.

That sounds like sport season for lobster in the Keys. Sport season for those that don't know is like the last Wednesday and Thursday in July before regular season opens in August. I have never seen so many NOAA, sheriffs, Fl Fish and Wildlife in one place ever. It is insane.

According to this video, at the 4:38 mark, Dewine says "the sheriff asked the Attorney General's Office and BCI to become involved. We responded immediately...."

[video=youtube;YPKMp_k3dfA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPKMp_k3dfA[/video]

(so hopefully that answers the question of who asked Dewine (and BCI) to become involved) :)

A part of my family settled Sugar Tree Ridge in Highland OH generations ago. Beautiful country.

Mine too. My ancestors from the 1700 early 1800 are buried in Highland Co. I want to go there sometime I know where they are buried.

Sorry O/T got excited

and again- I may be wrong. I don't think the Rhodens would ever qualify for a legal grow would they? It seems like you'd have to be bonded and insured and regulated et al

If it's anything like Michigan's caregiving laws, you can go to a shady place and pay an amount, like $175, go get your card to possess plants, pay a bit more if you want to apply as a caregiver. You have your license a few weeks later. They don't come out to check anything, but you have rules to abide by, like having them locked in a room. But again, they never come verify this. Then you have your friends go and pay a bit extra and state you are their caregiver, now you can possess more plants. In Michigan you can grow 12 plants per patient and have up to 5 patients, that's 60 plants which is MORE than enough.. Most people that are actually using it medicinally are not growing the full amounts. JMO. As long as everyone gets their license through LARA, it's legal in MI. Certain areas of MI are known for not caring more than others that it's still illegal on a federal level. I've heard they are getting stricter on rules, but we've had years of anyone can be a caregiver. You just have to have a qualifying condition.

ETA: This is IF they even were in a medical state, which their not, just saying to be "legal" in a "legal" state, it's usually not that hard.

EATA: Michigan's 3 Medical Marijuana Requirements.

1) You must be at least 21 years old
2) You must agree to assist with a patient’s medical use of marihuana
3) You can not have a felony conviction involving illegal drugs, a violent felony, or any felony within the past ten years

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/page/articles/caregivers/becoming-a-caregiver

Just to clarify...he's a ODNR officer? In Ohio? Sorry. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse.
no- different state :) Game Warden- they are the ones that patrol here :) Still Appalachia- different state though :)

I just sent a message to a warden I know personally to ask if he would patrol on private property and he said no way Jose.

Maybe they would patrol property that is considered a "crime scene". My ex-relative, who is retired from ODNR and LE lives in Waverly and was called in to patrol the "woods", whatever that means. He is still there. Can't offer more info because he is an "ex", and I don't have much contact with him anymore.

We can agree to disagree. I too have had experience in your area and the political side of things. There are many times what I like to call a pissing contest between the ranks. The AG in my opinion is saying I'm in charge and shut up to Reader and publicly saying that Reader was wrong in the beginning. I'm sure Reader got a little schooling on what he can and can't say now and that he's on a short leash. Perhaps in contrast to you, I see the higher up side of things because I usually deal with the higher ups. I'm not saying that there isn't a political side to this. There is. But I don't think it has anything to do with this case and pages and pages and pages shouldn't be wasted on something that isn't going to solve murders and I don't think he lied.

The higher ups? I don't know, maybe.. I deal with local politicians, state, governors, US Congress and have Yankee White for my job, I've done more pressers than years I've lived.

Ok, nothing political behind this case, it has been stated.

If it's anything like Michigan's caregiving laws, you can go to a shady place and pay an amount, like $175, go get your card to possess plants, pay a bit more if you want to apply as a caregiver. You have your license a few weeks later. They don't come out to check anything, but you have rules to abide by, like having them locked in a room. But again, they never come verify this. Then you have your friends go and pay a bit extra and state you are their caregiver, now you can possess more plants. In Michigan you can grow 12 plants per patient and have up to 5 patients, that's 60 plants which is MORE than enough.. Most people that are actually using it medicinally are not growing the full amounts. JMO. As long as everyone gets their license through LARA, it's legal in MI. Certain areas of MI are known for not caring more than others that it's still illegal on a federal level. I've heard they are getting stricter on rules, but we've had years of anyone can be a caregiver. You just have to have a qualifying condition.

wow- thanks for the useful information!

Not to go OT or make light of the tragedy, this will make one hell of an episode for Dateline once it is finally solved. There's too many twists and turns, possible motives and suspects for just an one hour show. They will have to do a multi-part series.

It's going to be a movie, either big one - or on Lifetime, either way, I'm gonna watch it.

Maybe they would patrol property that is considered a "crime scene". My ex-relative, who is retired from ODNR and LE lives in Waverly and was called in to patrol the "woods", whatever that means. He is still there. Can't offer more info because he is an "ex", and I don't have much contact with him anymore.

no no- I'm talking about being out during deer season or turkey season and messing with the hunters.

Yes,it sure is. I drive by those huge maples every day. We did a lot of research on this part of ohio before we decided to buy here. A lot more Amish families are settling into the area which is very nice. We get fresh cows milk! The people here are very nice and very welcoming to outsiders. The local school is taking up donations for the Rhoden family. Some of the extended family live in the area.

A couple of reasons I guess. I should have said that of the 7 I think the last was shot by 5 . I think the perps wanted to make sure they had all their bases covered by 7. So 5 allows clean up time. Stories getting straight. Time to get clear of the 7 am arrival of BJ....A hunch?
One other little thing I thought of, RS said that Kenneth was normally up and working on his cars by 5:30 a.m. I'll have to look through to find the quote, but it stuck in my head, b/c he was supposed to spend the night and help him, but didn't and was then supposed to arrive by 9:30 a.m.

Say WHAAAA???????
Your post just caused my head to spin like DeWine's did earlier.

Mike Dewine may well be an experienced politician, but he is not an elegant speaker. In addition, I get the impression he has just inserted himself (or his office) as spokesperson despite having no clear role as regards the investigation. And his take on the official story is clearly light-years away from that of the Sheriff--who plays on a considerably smaller stage.

The rather garbled presentation strikes me as being a function of Dewine not only having a political line to toe (everythings fine, we have this under control) , but also being on the outer ring of what must be a very complicated investigation. We have the front line sheriff's office coordinating with a coroner, working with BCI and likely DEA. FBI anyone?

I don't think there will be any magic revelations from the DNA evidence. Certainly not enough to warrant an arrest--although it may be helpful to LE. I think Dewine is looking forward to a rather lengthy tap dance--during which he may hope the public loses interest.

no- different state :) Game Warden- they are the ones that patrol here :) Still Appalachia- different state though :)

10-4. I was talking Ohio. I was about to side eye your friend ;) They can and do patrol private property here. I would be shocked if ODNR wasn't familiar with the Rhoden family area at the very least.

Mike Dewine may well be an experienced politician, but he is not an elegant speaker. In addition, I get the impression he has just inserted himself (or his office) as spokesperson despite having no clear role as regards the investigation. And his take on the official story is clearly light-years away from that of the Sheriff--who plays on a considerably smaller stage.

The rather garbled presentation strikes me as being a function of Dewine not only having a political line to toe (everythings fine, we have this under control) , but also being on the outer ring of what must be a very complicated investigation. We have the front line sheriff's office coordinating with a coroner, working with BCI and likely DEA. FBI anyone?

I don't think there will be any magic revelations from the DNA evidence. Certainly not enough to warrant an arrest--although it may be helpful to LE. I think Dewine is looking forward to a rather lengthy tap dance--during which he may hope the public loses interest.
Just one question for you or anyone. Do you think Dewine was denying the position that was taken that first day: the Rhoden family was targeted?

10-4. I was talking Ohio. I was about to side eye your friend ;) They can and do patrol private property here. I would be shocked if ODNR wasn't familiar with the Rhoden family area at the very least.

I am in North Georgia. We still have so many state parks and state owned land I don't think they'd have the time to do anything but what they do. As far as I know (and I may be wrong) they work fishing and hunting- of which we have a lot :)

Just one question for you or anyone. Do you think Dewine was denying the position that was taken that first day: the Rhoden family was targeted?

In a word, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member