OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one question for you or anyone. Do you think Dewine was denying the position that was taken that first day: the Rhoden family was targeted?
I do.

I've never seen an AG this involved so early in any case, but not saying it hasn't ever happened. Usually they don't really get involved publicly, if they even do behind the scenes. Usually Deputy AG's do that kind of work, but spokespeople from the agency in charge so the pressers, generally.

Just throwing my 2 cents in here. We watched the 30 for 30 episode a few weeks ago regarding the Duke Lacrosse "rape" and the DA was super involved and focal from the start. BEFORE they had anyone in custody. So after reading (correct me if I am wrong because I'm just going off what I'm reading), Adams, Pike, or Scioto counties DO NOT have district attorneys. Therefore, that turns to the Attorney General as he oversees any territory that does not have an attorney assigned to the district. So therefore, where the DA would be heavily focal, it is now the AG taking that place.

I think DA's (AG's) are HEAVILY focal in highly publicized cases. And this is merely from my watching things. Like I said, in the 30 for 30 episode, the DA was all you saw - less of the police and lots of state/county representation higher up.

Just one question for you or anyone. Do you think Dewine was denying the position that was taken that first day: the Rhoden family was targeted?
Let me explain further..

I believe he thinks the 8 were targeted for whatever reason, but not the "Rhoden" family.

Mike Dewine may well be an experienced politician, but he is not an elegant speaker. In addition, I get the impression he has just inserted himself (or his office) as spokesperson despite having no clear role as regards the investigation. And his take on the official story is clearly light-years away from that of the Sheriff--who plays on a considerably smaller stage.

The rather garbled presentation strikes me as being a function of Dewine not only having a political line to toe (everythings fine, we have this under control) , but also being on the outer ring of what must be a very complicated investigation. We have the front line sheriff's office coordinating with a coroner, working with BCI and likely DEA. FBI anyone?

I don't think there will be any magic revelations from the DNA evidence. Certainly not enough to warrant an arrest--although it may be helpful to LE. I think Dewine is looking forward to a rather lengthy tap dance--during which he may hope the public loses interest.

The superintendent of the Ohio BCI reports directly to Mike DeWine.
He isn't on the front line, but he has access to whatever he wants to know, and can shut the sheriff out if he wants.
That aside, he is looking more and more like someone I will not be voting for governor.

The superintendent of the Ohio BCI reports directly to Mike DeWine.
He isn't on the front line, but he has access to whatever he wants to know, and can shut the sheriff out if he wants.
That aside, he is looking more and more like someone I will not be voting for governor.

Interesting. I was thinking how involved Juan was from the get go with the Arias case.

Just throwing my 2 cents in here. We watched the 30 for 30 episode a few weeks ago regarding the Duke Lacrosse "rape" and the DA was super involved and focal from the start. BEFORE they had anyone in custody. So after reading (correct me if I am wrong because I'm just going off what I'm reading), Adams, Pike, or Scioto counties DO NOT have district attorneys. Therefore, that turns to the Attorney General as he oversees any territory that does not have an attorney assigned to the district. So therefore, where the DA would be heavily focal, it is now the AG taking that place.

I think DA's (AG's) are HEAVILY focal in highly publicized cases. And this is merely from my watching things. Like I said, in the 30 for 30 episode, the DA was all you saw - less of the police and lots of state/county representation higher up.
They have county prosecutors. He's there because the BCI is the investigating agency and it's high profile.

They have county prosecutors. He's there because the BCI is the investigating agency and it's high profile.
Gotcha. I did a quick search and couldn't find any county prosecutors for any of the 3 counties. It's VERY likely my google search misled me. :)

Part of me feels they are zeroing in on someone.. Part of me feels like they are still as clueless as they have been acting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't a 9-5 business. You're right. With that said, I know growers that don't allow people at their house to pick up anything after 8-9pm or before 8-9am, and they typically make you stay and linger for a few so it doesn't look like you are just coming and going. This however is more into a town where police presence occurs far more than out by my area. I'm definitely not suspecting that the Rhoden's did, just throwing it out there as a possibility.
Some won't even allow you at their house, period. It's home delivery and they set the hours. That's more so w/people in town situations though. CRsr had a good reason to have people going and coming w/the cars.

Usually a District Attorney isn't this involved. They may be behind the scenes, but not the pressers. I can't think of ONE murder case our DA or AG has done a presser on.

Our AG did one presser once on a RICO case, but he wasn't the acting press secretary.

But I'm really tired of debating this. I'll be fine to answer a question on my opinion on something. But as I said:

Not saying someone this never gets this involved publicly, it isn't something I have normally seen, an exception, not the rule.

With 450 tips, and 120+ witness interviews completed, I feel like they have to know something...

Right. It can't be that they know nothing.

ETA: Why we can't know TOD and how many gunshot wounds in who.. That I don't understand.

Also, if this goes right and they wrap it up quick it will look well if, when, he runs for Gov.

Part of me feels they are zeroing in on someone.. Part of me feels like they are still as clueless as they have been acting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they're already zeroed in but can't prove it with the evidence yet.

Right. It can't be that they know nothing.

ETA: Why we can't know TOD and how many gunshot wounds in who.. That I don't understand.
Oh I have no doubt they know a good bit.

I say KS was in a camper on the land with no address because he was watching over the pot on that section of land. I would say that because the suspect(s) had an issue with either KS or his brother or both; I think they took the others out because they were so close and would be witness's. Clearly they were right seeing as how we have no other witnesses thus far. The perp was personal because they knew how to get in at all locations either undetected or possibly invited in..I believe this is someone who is still in town as well.. The motive is most likely : money or hatred for something personal or both...you'd have to be a very cold individual to murder one person .. But to continue on.. It's scary even thinking people like that roam freely amongst us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member