OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's great work, Dayna. That's alot of property Chris owned, it's beautiful out there.

He's either dropping out or making a grandstand statement about the case...
I think he is dropping.

If he is the only political protection going on, his dropping could be good for the case.

They buy cars at auctions, fix them and sell them on Facebook. Not likely they formed an LLC, but it would generate enough money for several family members to live comfortably in an area such as Pike county.

It's also not like he left Kentucky and drove to Cleveland, it's like 50 miles away. Closer than getting to Columbus for the auction.
Well actually they had formed corporations and were selling under another one.

Again, Gary's dad made it sound like he had been there for while. I don't see this car business supporting the family and their hobbies.

Wow, that's great work, Dayna. That's alot of property Chris owned, it's beautiful out there.

It is beautiful out there. I would be happy just having shelter and food to live there. Waking up to a hot cup of coffee and looking at the greenery and wildlife would be wonderful to me. But that's JMO. I've lived a very different life and it's not all that great. Lots of pressure. It's the simple things. Wish I had known that as a child. But it's not too late and I've since simplified and it feels so good.

Not convinced it has any bearing on this investigation, but...

BREAKING: John Kasich to suspend his campaign for president, senior campaign adviser says - @mitchellreports https://t.co/Au1WIMqTIP

@NBCNightlyNews
It could have bearing if he was the only one the AG was worried about protecting. If that is the case, it could mean the case gets more open and solved.

My opinion on the cars ... Ostensibly being removed as 'evidence' but in reality to secure them pending a court order to attach them as proceeds of crime ??
Who would they charge? They're dead. CR1 owned the property and you can't put a dead man on trial.

It also give the appearance of making an income for spending grow money. He may have fixed cars as a hobby or something he enjoyed.
Yes to both, I just don't see it as a business supporting that entire family and their hobbies.

It is beautiful out there. I would be happy just having shelter and food to live there. Waking up to a hot cup of coffee and looking at the greenery and wildlife would be wonderful to me. But that's JMO. I've lived a very different life and it's not all that great. Lots of pressure. It's the simple things. Wish I had known that as a child. But it's not too late and I've since simplified and it feels so good.

Where I live if people owned that much property, they'd be considered very well off here. The mobile homes there are very misleading as to what Chris had.

There still is that home medical business that popped up a while back. Someone found it had reported income last year.

I would still like to know what that income was from.

Yes to both, I just don't see it as a business supporting that entire family and their hobbies.

well, they dabbled in all sorts of off the radar stuff.....all combined, they seemed to get by, lol. Was the $120,000 for the new property paid in cash? JMO

I understand that. But I don't see this as his business. Dana and even her kids, along with people not related, were selling a lot of nice cars on FB alone..

I don't see that there.

I also don't see someone leaving KY and coming to work for a little food and beer.
It was less than an hours drive from GR's home in Ky. This happened on the 22nd, a Friday. He very well could have just been coming up for the weekend. Lots of people love to get to together and work on stuff like that, for nothing more than hanging out w/friends and family. A lot of folks drive that far to work every day. He also could have been coming up at that time for the festival. Festivals are still a pretty big thing. You see lots of people you may not have seen in a long time. I do believe GR was mixed into something w/CR1 and KR and they brought this down on the family. I may be wrong. It just looks that way to me. I think they were possibly buying cars on the cheap, fixing them, and reselling, but they were also buying salvage cars for their demo derby cars and fixing them up for their hobby.

I don't know yet.. Also Trump could have offered him VP.

I've thought all along that Kasich wasn't running for POTUS, he was running for VP. I think he will get VP and Cruz will get SCOTUS appointment.

OT so back to the topic at hand...

Not sure how it is in Ohio, but in many states, you have to have a dealer's license and thus the required liability insurance to buy cars at most auctions, even wholesale. I guess there are public auctions but not too many deals at those or they could have been buying on someone else's dealer certificate. Any auctions will have records of all sales.
If you sell more than seven cars in a year, in OH, then you have to have a dealer's license. They also built and sold derby cars, I'm fairly sure, which would not be a titled vehicle and would not count.

well, they dabbled in all sorts of off the radar stuff.....all combined, they seemed to get by, lol. Was the $120,000 for the new property paid in cash? JMO
Oh I know they did but there is some reason they are towing all those cars, even ones that are just junk pieces.

That was my whole point in the beginning, this wasn't even set up to look like a business to cover all their stuff.

It was less than an hours drive from GR's home in Ky. This happened on the 22nd, a Friday. He very well could have just been coming up for the weekend. Lots of people love to get to together and work on stuff like that, for nothing more than hanging out w/friends and family. A lot of folks drive that far to work every day. He also could have been coming up at that time for the festival. Festivals are still a pretty big thing. You see lots of people you may not have seen in a long time. I do believe GR was mixed into something w/CR1 and KR and they brought this down on the family. I may be wrong. It just looks that way to me. I think they were possibly buying cars on the cheap, fixing them, and reselling, but they were also buying salvage cars for their demo derby cars and fixing them up for their hobby.

Gary had also done work with Chris at Big Bear.

We don't know how long Gary was there. We assumed for the weekend. The way his dad said it, sounded like longer.

We don't know if Gary was there for a day or for two weeks.

Who would they charge? They're dead. CR1 owned the property and you can't put a dead man on trial.

As I understand the law in the USA, in civil forfeiture cases the US Government sues the item of property, not the owner. The burden is on the Government to establish that the property is subject to forfeiture by a "preponderance of the evidence."

As I understand the law in the USA, in civil forfeiture cases the US Government sues the item of property, not the owner. The burden is on the Government to establish that the property is subject to forfeiture by a "preponderance of the evidence."
There is no conviction and they said they will return the property to relatives, they don't know when yet.

Just a gut feeling, but I think LE is looking for something very specific with the cars... I don't think it a situation where it's like, hey we ran out of other leads, let's see what we can find in the cars on the property... JMO.

Wonder how poor LM is going to react to the towing of all these vehicles.

I'm a little late to this discussion regarding the cars, but to me the timing of the removal is significant, as if in some way now that the family has been buried the gloves are off, like something ugly and unexpected is tied to one of the vehicles. Or a tip that finally came in, but the timing again significant.

Also, back in earlier threads I recall someone mentioning that CRjr was recently pushing hard to sell one particular car. Maybe something ugly is tied into that specific car and someone spotted it on FB and got an answer to an unsolved crime of a loved one or associate. All JMO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member