GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IIRC, Richard was found on a Saturday, but we didn't hear anything from the media until Monday. It could be the body was located before today. In any event, I PRAY this is her. It has to be.

It was found today.

The body of a woman found around 11 a.m. today by a well driller putting irrigation in a cotton field in the vicinity of Vienna, Ga., may be Gladis Russell, authorities said.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n...is-russell-1102577.html?cxtype=rss_local-news

It was found today.

The body of a woman found around 11 a.m. today by a well driller putting irrigation in a cotton field in the vicinity of Vienna, Ga., may be Gladis Russell, authorities said.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n...is-russell-1102577.html?cxtype=rss_local-news

In this same article -

Dooly County Sheriff Van Peavy said the FBI and GBI worked the scene. He said deputies have been searching the area in the past weeks for Gladis Russell.

“We got a call three or four weeks ago and we had all our department looking. A couple of us drove within two or three hundred yards of where she was” but didn’t see her.

I wonder if when they drove by within two or three yards of where she was, did anyone stop and get out of the car or use dogs?

In hindsight, yeah they could have got out of the car or used dogs. But keep in mind they had next to no good information on the location and a limited amount of resources, human and canine, and a large number of cotton fields to search. It's always easier looking back. I can't fault the searchers. Being withing 200-300 yards (2-3 football field lengths) is still a lot of ground to cover.

I'm just so glad it appears they've found her and they can rest together.

Here is the latest update from WBNS-TV in Columbus.

Keep in mind that the body that was found in Vienna, Georgia today still hasn't been identified yet.

Woman's Body Found In Georgia Cotton Field
Wednesday, March 9, 2011 2:35 PM
Updated: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:25 PM
WBNS-10TV

VIENNA, Ga. — Authorities were working to determine if a woman's body that was found in a cotton field on Wednesday was that of a missing Logan County woman.

The FBI said that the body bears similar physical characteristics to those of Russell.

Vienna, Ga., is about 250 miles away from where Dick Russell's body was found.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...vienna-georgia-womans-body-found.html?sid=102

It was found today.

How ironic. Richard was found by guys looking for scrap metal and now (hopefully) Gladis was found by a well driller........neither by those actually searching for them! :)

:rose: for Gladis

I have abiding faith that this is Glandis....and, she can be put to rest with her husband. I'm crying too. My hubbie passed 2 years ago. When I die I want our ashes mixed together and scattered together over the lake where we were married. Till death do us part...

So glad to hear this, if it is indeed Gladis. Although I'm not looking forward to details. After reading about what was done to Richard, it's just...so sad. I imagine her family is on pins and needles waiting for identification.

Here's to the Russells! And to the metal detector guys and the well driller!

Here is the latest update from WBNS-TV in Columbus.

Keep in mind that the body that was found in Vienna, Georgia today still hasn't been identified yet.

Woman's Body Found In Georgia Cotton Field
Wednesday, March 9, 2011 2:35 PM
Updated: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:25 PM
WBNS-10TV

VIENNA, Ga. — Authorities were working to determine if a woman's body that was found in a cotton field on Wednesday was that of a missing Logan County woman.

The FBI said that the body bears similar physical characteristics to those of Russell.

Vienna, Ga., is about 250 miles away from where Dick Russell's body was found.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...vienna-georgia-womans-body-found.html?sid=102

If this is her, and I think it will be.... 250 miles is too much for even me to justify that he was just too confused to give the actual location. The had to have known it was farther away than "across town!"

In this same article -

Dooly County Sheriff Van Peavy said the FBI and GBI worked the scene. He said deputies have been searching the area in the past weeks for Gladis Russell.

“We got a call three or four weeks ago and we had all our department looking. A couple of us drove within two or three hundred yards of where she was” but didn’t see her.

Luck has played so much a part of this. From the two sightings by LE that happened before they received word that SL was a wanted fugitive, to the fact that Dick and now Gladis's remains were more or less stumbled over. Almost makes me believe that this is a part of some divine plan and this is the way it was supposed to happen.

Dogs were used in some areas, as well as planes. Yes she could have been found by searchers and it seems they did come close. But for some reason I am not capable of understanding, it just wasn't meant to be yet.

I just got the news about dear sweet Gladis being found. We got our miracle everyone, and Gladis did as well.

Once she is returned to Ohio, may she be placed next to her husband and receive the proper burial she and Richard so deserve. They are together once again; together in this life and the next. Nothing could make me happier for them.

I can sleep in peace tonight.

I just got the news about dear sweet Gladis being found. We got our miracle everyone, and Gladis did as well.

Once she is returned to Ohio, may she be placed next to her husband and receive the proper burial she and Richard so deserve. They are together once again; together in this life and the next. Nothing could make me happier for them.

I can sleep in peace tonight.

And yet.......I am livid. Livid that this couple endured such a senseless, heinous and painful ending. Reduced to being tossed like garbage off the side of a road. Thank God they have been found and can be returned to their family for final resting with each other. I hope that this POI is haunted with faces of his 3 victims every day for the rest of his life. There will never be earthly mercy for him. I hope he feels a very strong, mighty fear right now.......much like his victims felt.

Godspeed justice.

From previous link
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...is-likely-that-of-gladis-russell-1102577.html
C. said that prior to Wednesday, family members had been trying to decide how to proceed with funeral arrangements without the discovery of Gladis.
“Now this makes it easier because we can honor their lives and bury them together,” said C. “They’ve done everything together. They were a team.”

And yet.......I am livid. Livid that this couple endured such a senseless, heinous and painful ending. Reduced to being tossed like garbage off the side of a road. Thank God they have been found and can be returned to their family for final resting with each other. I hope that this POI is haunted with faces of his 3 victims every day for the rest of his life. There will never be earthly mercy for him. I hope he feels a very strong, mighty fear right now.......much like his victims felt.

Godspeed justice.

I certainly understand your feeling livid. Littleton is most definitely the we have all said he is, and more. I fear the terrible injuries endured by Richard were inflicted on Gladis as well. Lord I hope not, but SL is slime. The face alone of this dear sweet woman should have given him some small semblance of restraint, but no. That trip south was all about Littleton; he couldn't care less what happened to the Russells or how he treated them or how they died. They were simply a hindrance to him.

And while I am livid as well at this less-than-dirt human being SL, I am pleased and grateful that Gladis does not remain separated from her husband, and that she and he will finally be buried together. For days I was overwhelmed with concern and sorrow that she would never be found, but I believe that irrigation worker was led to her for the very purpose of having her remains returned to Ohio.

As time goes on and SL comes face to face with the justice system, I am hoping I will feel satisfaction in seeing him quickly convicted and sent away forever, never to hurt humankind again. Lock him up and throw away the key. And what happens behind the walls of prison? I'm closing my eyes to it all. Let justice reign.

ABC6 is reporting that the body has been identified as Gladis Russell.

ABC6 is reporting that the body has been identified as Gladis Russell.

Thank you, Ronso. I am so, so grateful the body has been identified. It would have just broken my heart if her body had lain in some cotton field for weeks or months, or possibly even years longer. She deserved to have her body found, and now that has happened. I'm breathing a sigh of relief.

Onward to justice for her and her husband Richard.

Rest in sweet peace, Richard and Gladis Russell. Together forever.
:rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber42
Back