Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the local news posted that they found evidence of more victims but could not release info on it

One of the local news posted that they found evidence of more victims but could not release info on it

OMG!!!

:scared:

Welcome, mandyblank2!

:welcome3:

We will see what we can find!!

:lookingitup:

:gasp:

What station?

"The suspect, in requesting a court-appointed attorney, said he made $1,000 last year. He then requested an attorney, Mark Powers of Wauseon, who has represented Worley in the past.

“I need to speak to someone that I know and trust. I don’t know of a more honest person,” Worley told the judge.

An associate who answered the phone at Mr. Powers’ office said today that he hadn’t been contacted about the case and he had no comment."

Source: Toledo Blade article, "Authorities searching man's property for missing woman" (sorry can't link, posted upstream, will check post number and add as source).

(Oh so he's so concerned about honesty, barf...)

I was talking with a local lawyer friend last night and asked her if the judge would really grant his request, and she said "probably...so that Worley wouldn't be able to try to twist being denied the attorney of his choice into grounds for an appeal later on." When she put it that way, it did sound like a logical reason for letting him have his chosen public defender.

Though, in her opinion, Powers is not a "heavy hitter" criminal defense attorney like you'd expect someone in Worley's shoes to choose, and she was quite surprised to read that he was who was being requested.

Ce had no connection to this . She did not ride by his house that day altho they lived on same CR. Her parents live right next door to her grandparents, in between is corn field. When I stood where the bike was found..the corn was about 6 feet tall and it is eerily quiet out there. But standing there..even tho her home was so close..it was like being in a windowless room. Suffocating. All you saw was corn. Horrible. He was so big..she was so tiny..she must've been terrified. We must sleuth him more. This is not his first as we know..that woman 20 years ago may or may not have been his first. He did NOT stop for 20 years. There are others.
I figure that he was driving and saw her as she was going home. It was a crime of opportunity and he took his. This was NOT the first time and we all know it.

I 100% agree that sadly, he has more victims. It's disgusting. I think we all need to start researching unsolved missing persons cases in the area.

Welcome mandyblank2! Do you have a link or could you direct us to where this is?

I could be wrong but during the PC a few days back when the FBI agent said "no comment" when asked about the barn search and if they'd found Ce, I wondered if they had found remains but didn't think it was Ce. IOW they couldn't confirm or deny they had found her until tests were completed. (or she was found elsewhere)

What about, if addition to other poor girls, if it is one of his family members? (What a wiiiierd thought that popped in my head, I guess bc I just a show about a guy who killed his family for the house, etc...)

I wonder if it's any of the other cases you guys were talking about upstream?

I've been following this from the beginning, and praying to God for Sierah's safe return - and now just caught up this morning... :tears:
jashrema said:
My family and Ce's are devastated by this news. Everyone is exhausted..no sleep..no food barely since Tuesday. They are like zombies. I want to thank everyone here for all their thoughts and prayers and to keep praying for Ce's soul to take flight up, up and for her family and for my sister's family and dear Josh. I unfortunately cannot ever come back here and be the same person since I've joined the worst club imaginable. People...be safe...love you all
My sincere condolences from California to Sierah's family, jashreme and liacat and all that loved her!
:grouphug:
I, too, will be here to the end of this 's trial... :judge:
:rose: RIP SIERAH! :rose:

How much do you think his career/trucking will come into play?

Very significant TTF14. I attended a symposium presentation by the FBI BAU VICAP; Trucker Serial Killer Iniative Supervisor at a CUE missing person conference in 2010. Very eyeopening.. Below is a US map showing the results of the trucker iniative.
Keep in mind that the number of victims and SKs were from 2009> 7 years ago..

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/stories/2009/april/highwayserial_040609

FBI _ VICAP
Highway Serial Killings
New Initiative on an Emerging Trend

<see 2009 map>
ViCAP analysts have created a national matrix of more than 500 murder victims from along or near highways, as well as a list of some 200 potential suspects. Names of suspects—contributed by law enforcement agencies—are examined by analysts who develop timelines using a variety of reliable sources of information.
<Snipped - read more>

I'm local, Toledo, and have been following since she was reported so I have read ALOT of articles and Twitter postings, I'll try to find that one and another that is very interesting and post them.

How did JW think he was going to get away with this? Didn't he know he'd be on the LE' radar as #1 suspect within hours? I mean, it's his exact MO from his previous assault. The LE always pulls up all RSO' and violent offenders immediately and starts
interviewing. Even where he dumped her body (tears), would make it obvious that it was someone local. This freak COULD NOT control his perversions and his compulsions. We see this so much on WS, I mean, of course they're going to get caught... but they can't seem to stop themselves, no matter the risks.

Hats off to the LE.

I 100% agree that sadly, he has more victims. It's disgusting. I think we all need to start researching unsolved missing persons cases in the area.

AND what other victims were RIDING BIKES when they disappeared....

I could start another possible victims thread, or do you think we should wait til more info comes out? To be classified as a serial killer, one has to be positively linked to 3 or more crimes (Foxfire, could you please post the the reference on that if you have a sec, tia...). So maybe I'll wait, but you guys feel free if you want to, jmo, whatever the mods think. So far there has been no Co firmation by LE on this, al though it's like an elephant in the room. (What a weird typo, no Co. I'm not even going to correct that one, as evidence that Freudian typos do exist).

How did JW think he was going to get away with this? Didn't he know he'd be on the LE' radar as #1 suspect within hours? I mean, it's his exact MO from his previous assault. The LE always pulls up all RSO' and violent offenders immediately and starts
interviewing. Even where he dumped her body (tears), would make it obvious that it was someone local. This freak COULD NOT control his perversions and his compulsions. We see this so much on WS, I mean, of course they're going to get caught... but they can't seem to stop themselves, no matter the risks.

Hats off to the LE.
Agreed. This was sloppy. I hope this points away from someone who has secretly been hurting other women for years -- because if that were the case, I'd think he would be more careful?

Welcome mandyblank2! Do you have a link or could you direct us to where this is?

I could be wrong but during the PC a few days back when the FBI agent said "no comment" when asked about the barn search and if they'd found Ce, I wondered if they had found remains but didn't think it was Ce. IOW they couldn't confirm or deny they had found her until tests were completed. (or she was found elsewhere)
I haven't seen this yet. All I know is that my daughter drives past his house to get home nearly every time she goes to the school. We all do. We live less than five miles away from his house. And how blind to feel safe in my own damn backyard. I am heartbroken, and so so proud of my community. Coming together is what we have done and will continue to do, to get justice for Sierah and her family, and anyone else whose life may have been affected by this .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lets wait on other threads until we have more to go on. I am very anxious to read more about what specifically LE has said to indicate there may be more victims.

I'm sure there are many of us thinking about possible victims, if there are any others.
I know that there is a case in northern lower Michigan from a few years ago that is crossing my mind of a woman never found, speculated by some to perhaps have been walking alone down the road at night. If he drove truck along highway US-23, he could have passed and picked her up.
There will be so many questions...but perhaps closure for some families if in fact what they were digging for turned out to be other victims.

Update: It would appear that CB may be JDW's sister. There is a Fulton County marriage record dated 7/20/1974 between a CSW and a GAB. This would correspond to the CB (which also had a middle initial of S) listed as the owner of the property from 2004-2013.

Makes sense, thank you. Curious about details of the quitclaim. As others pointed out, he has lived there for many years.

I'm just now getting to catch up and this truly breaks my heart. I want to send my loving condolences to the family of such a beautiful, loved woman who had so much life left and so much more to give the world. May this rot in hell!

It was on 13ABC. I cannot find the video now.but maybe son of you seen it too. It was a cellphone video from someone at the scene. They stated they found unidentifiable remains and photos of other women missing in the area, past and current. I guess at this point it would be speculation, sorry if I spoke out of turn.

I was talking with a local lawyer friend last night and asked her if the judge would really grant his request, and she said "probably...so that Worley wouldn't be able to try to twist being denied the attorney of his choice into grounds for an appeal later on." When she put it that way, it did sound like a logical reason for letting him have his chosen public defender.

Though, in her opinion, Powers is not a "heavy hitter" criminal defense attorney like you'd expect someone in Worley's shoes to choose, and she was quite surprised to read that he was who was being requested.

If the death penalty comes into play, he would not be able to represent him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne