Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see several post a about JW transporting her on the motorcycle. I have ridden motorcycles since I was knee high. I honestly do not see how one would be able to transport an unconscious person on a motorcycle. One hand operates the throttle and the other hand operates the clutch, for the short distance he would have driven both hands would have been busy. Driving in first gear so he didn't have to shift would have been a slow ride and left more opportunity to be seen. How would he have kept her on the bike? If she was conscious, she would have been fighting, squirming, something to get off the bike, making it difficult to control.

Agree, completely. I just don't see it possible.

He may have forced her to ride with him at gun point. Abductions often happen by gaining control quickly with an injury, etc. to gain compliance, thus the struggle and blood on his helmet. We don't have any way of knowing she was unconscious IMO.

I honor and respect everyone's opinion, but imo, SJ courageously fought JDW and met her demise at the original crime scene. I've owned and rode motorcycles for decades and imo, she could have been draped over the seat and transported to the barn or to the disposal site unseen once night fall set in at about 9:30PM... This is the most plausible theory imo, and would explain why the helmet and other items were left at the 1st crime scene...

I agree with the person who said that there may have been suspicion of a serial killer in the NW Ohio area. I am in my 40's and grew up in this area and can tell you that every few years there seemed to be unsolved murders or missing women. For the fellow websleuths who are not familiar with NW Ohio, we have 2 major interstates that intersect just south of Toledo: North-South is Interstate 75 and East-West is Interstate 80. The is an interchange where the 2 meet is known for heavy traffic, alot of truckers & prostitution and I know there was a time when several prostitutes were being killed. I will have to do a little research on the dates. (This interchange would be roughly 30 miles east of where jdw was known to be living...)

I honor and respect everyone's opinion, but imo, SJ courageously fought JDW and met her demise at the original crime scene. I've owned and rode motorcycles for decades and imo, she could have been draped over the seat and transported to the barn or to the disposal site unseen once night fall set in at about 9:30PM... This is the most plausible theory imo, and would explain why the helmet and other items were left at the 1st crime scene...
IDK, since they found duct tape with both SJ/JDW' DNA at the barn location, seems he likely(?) brought her there. I mean, Why bring back duct tape from the disposal site?

How is he going to hold a gun on her when he needs both hands to operate the motorcycle?

If he were somehow able to manage it, the person being forced to ride (where? behind him? in front of him?) could easily force a wreck in the hope of creating an opportunity to get away.

Even a person bundled, trussed, and bungie-corded could force a motorcycle wreck if they thought their life depended upon it.

I think the blood on the motorcycle was probably transferred there from his clothing.

I think he probably used his pickup to move her. He could have bound and incapacitated her at the abduction location and driven his motorcycle to his property to get his pickup.

Much easier to control a captive in a vehicle as opposed to on a motorcycle.

IMO Once you gain compliance the mere threat is often enough. No need to hold a gun on her the whole time if she was fearful enough. I don't see her purposely forcing a wreck or jumping off a motorcycle if she had hope of surviving the ordeal.

MOO

<modsnip>And here is my own graphic conjecture:

I believe Sierah injured him. I believe she fought him like the devil he was.

I believe that her family will see her again in the afterlife.

I agree with the person who said that there may have been suspicion of a serial killer in the NW Ohio area. I am in my 40's and grew up in this area and can tell you that every few years there seemed to be unsolved murders or missing women. For the fellow websleuths who are not familiar with NW Ohio, we have 2 major interstates that intersect just south of Toledo: North-South is Interstate 75 and East-West is Interstate 80. The is an interchange where the 2 meet is known for heavy traffic, alot of truckers & prostitution and I know there was a time when several prostitutes were being killed. I will have to do a little research on the dates. (This interchange would be roughly 30 miles east of where jdw was known to be living...)

Welcome to the websleuths forum OhioOhio. I'm thinking that JDW's usual victims may have been runaways, drug abusers, and prostitutes. Just a hunch. Just noticed that there are 2 truck stops within 10 minutes of JDW's house in Delta, OH.

OhioOhio, not sure whether you have seen this info from prior threads; FBI Highway Serial Killings
New Initiative on an Emerging Trend

Enter ViCAP, part of our National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime and a national repository for violent crimes. The database&#8212;which contains information on homicides, sexual assaults, missing persons, and unidentified human remains&#8212;is available to law enforcement throughout the country over a secure Internet link on our Law Enforcement Online (LEO).

ViCAP analysts have created a national matrix of more than 500 murder victims from along or near highways<See Map>, as well as a list of some 200 potential suspects.
Names of suspects&#8212;contributed by law enforcement agencies&#8212;are examined by analysts who develop timelines using a variety of reliable sources of information.

<snipped - read more>
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/stories/2009/april/highwayserial_040609

<modsnip> the intersection of I75 and I80/90 is Perrysburg. There is a BP gas station/Subway and BassPro, Perrysburg neighborhoods to the west and north, farm land to the east-- hardly known for prostitutiion. Lots of trucking firms much further east on rt795 therefore the traffic which also connects to to I280.

Agree. I think he disabled her in the corn field and came back after dark with his truck and took her either to the barn or to the field where she was finally located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't see why he would have left the other evidence had he made a second trip in the truck?

I just don't see why he would have left the other evidence had he made a second trip in the truck?

He may have intended on coming back later. Attempting to clear that scene may not have been a priority for him at the time.

Her bicycle and that crime scene were quickly discovered, preventing him from returning.

The Fulton County Sheriff’s Office said Ms. Joughin, of Metamora, was last seen at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday on a purple bicycle in the Evergreen School District area. The bike was later found on County Road 6 around midnight, about an hour after Ms. Joughin’s mother called to file a missing person report, Sheriff Roy Miller said.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/21/Woman-missing-volunteers-help-search.html

For me it's just to tricky too try and speculate how Ce got from where her bike (and JDW's bloody helmet, screw driver & fuses, etc.) was located to where she herself, was finally discovered. (But I'm going to try anyway, sort of).

We don't know if the cornfield was the place she met her demise, or was just incapacitated there.
We don't know if LE ever found any DNA evidence that proves she was inside his home or his barn (or his truck). Duct tape with her DNA in the house, yes - but that doesn't mean she was actually in the house herself.
We DO know there was blood on his motorcycle and his helmet as well as the trampled corn that showed evidence of some kind of activity there, so that does point back to the location of her bike.

What makes the most sense from what we do know, is that he rode back to his house, got his truck and came back and moved her. Why he left his other stuff there, is the real head scratcher.

moo.

Warning to any family or friends reading: GRAPHIC speculation ahead (sorry) :(

We know from Robin Gardner's testimony that when JDW tried to abduct her, he used the ruse of approaching her to see if she was okay, and then bashed her in the head with something.

In Sierah's situation, I just have to wonder if he didn't pull the same ruse, and used his helmet. But what he didn't expect is that she'd fight like mad and kick, scratch and give him a heck of a lot more than he bargained for. To me, that explains the trampled corn stalks with blood, as well as his scratches and bruises and the blood all over his helmet.

Yes, I did see all those. That's 5 of them. I am wondering what the rest were too though

One of the others was the three lights in the sky nuttery.

A review of records on sheriff's runs to his home shows he called the department seven times since the beginning of 2014, reporting suspicious activity and other minor incidents — once saying he saw three red lights in a triangle pattern in the sky.

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/386...n Cyclist/id-ff2bc62256be4255869d55481dd6ed38

You should be able to get incident reports on any and all contacts he has had with the sheriff's department over a specified period of time. You will want to include calls made to his address in your request.

The more specific the better is a general rule regarding public information requests, but you'll also want to be broad enough not to miss something.

For me it's just to tricky too try and speculate how Ce got from where her bike (and JDW's bloody helmet, screw driver & fuses, etc.) was located to where she herself, was finally discovered. (But I'm going to try anyway, sort of).

We don't know if the cornfield was the place she met her demise, or was just incapacitated there.
We don't know if LE ever found any DNA evidence that proves she was inside his home or his barn (or his truck). Duct tape with her DNA in the house, yes - but that doesn't mean she was actually in the house herself.
We DO know there was blood on his motorcycle and his helmet as well as the trampled corn that showed evidence of some kind of activity there, so that does point back to the location of her bike.

What makes the most sense from what we do know, is that he rode back to his house, got his truck and came back and moved her. Why he left his other stuff there, is the real head scratcher.

moo.
I tend to agree with your theory, but I am leaning towards her being alive when taken from the abduction site or there would not have been a need for duct tape. He likely removed the duct tape for fear of his DNA being found with her body.

The other items were left behind because she had put up such a fight and he couldn't leave her alone in the truck, and wasn't able to retrieve them prior to the search.

jmo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members