Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - I needed that last night, instead I just sat and :tears:

I think I bury myself in the pain of others, because it feels heavier than my own. Sometimes it's just all too much, and not having DH here.......

Last night I questioned why I still do it, but here I am again this morning!

We're here because we want to make a difference, we see the wrong, we feel the pain and we want to help make it better. Sleuthing is our way of trying to do that.

:grouphug:

Well said, val. If anything, we need to make our children more aware. We are their resources. We need to instill awareness in them without completely robbing them of their innocence. They need to be prepared, armed, if you will, of what types of behaviors and circumstances that are dangerous. We need to teach them what they need to do if they are approached or if some other unsafe situation arises. But I also will not live my life in constant fear of what "could" happen and I don't want my son living his life that way either.

It's awareness. It's preparation. It's being mindful of what is going on around you. Of course, anything can still happen; this is a heartbreaking fact that we read and take part of in here daily at websleuths. And if, God forbid, something was to happen, my son knows what to do in order to increase his chance of survival.

Some might argue it's over the top. I can easily reconcile it; this is our world today. Knowledge is power.

Sending continued strength, prayers and comfort to all Sierah's loved ones. I know it does little to ease the deep despair you are feeling but please know this beautiful young woman has touched many with her shining light. And that will continue to shine even without her presence on this earth. [emoji182]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Well said, Kodi"!

Dateline NBC <Former FBI agent Clint Van Zandt, was an abduction victim as a child>

Be street-smart and protect your kids
Advice and precaution to avoid abductions

The recent headlines on sex offenders and abductions reminds parents, grandparents and other caregivers of their worst nightmares. If you're not around, even for a moment, and a stranger approaches your child&#8212; would your child know what to do?
There are precautions you can take as a parent and caregiver and information and skills you can teach your child to prevent an abduction. Former FBI agent Clint Van Zandt lectures on child and family safety and offers the following tips for you to share with your children:

Setting the stage

It is very important to approach the subject of safety in a non-threatening way. We do not want to make children fearful of potentially dangerous situations or people in general, but we do want to teach them to be cautious and to be able to recognize when something may be wrong. The key is to help children feel empowered and to encourage them to develop and trust their intuition. We want to teach them to be able to talk to you, their caregiver, when something is bothering them. Open communication between parents and children is one of the most important aspects to protecting your child from predators.

10 safety tips every parent should know

1. The key is communication.It is important to talk openly with your children about all safety issues, including what to do in a potential abduction situation.

<Snipped - read more @ Link>

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/16659486/ns/dateline_nbc/t/be-street-smart-protect-your-kids/#.V5tZT_krLcs

I came here by doing my own investigating in a Google Search and the WS popped up. Even though I'm a local under these circumstances I feel I'll be here to hopefully help others or give insite to bring people to justice and have more families find closure.

Sierah your unforgettable beautiful smile may the Lord be with your family and friends today. You will never be forgotten.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I read the breaking news on Facebook from Channel 13 in the car on the way to the funeral home. The timing of the release made me sick. While we were standing in line, I had wondered if the family knew that information or not. I agree that they could have waited another day to release it. Worley is locked up - there was no imminent threat to the general public that would have made it an issue to wait until after her funeral.

I also saw the bus in the parking lot and thought it was odd. Though with as full as the parking lot was, I had assumed perhaps it was a shuttle provided by the funeral home and that they had a distant parking lot. It was the only explanation that made sense. Now I'm questioning what in the world that bus was for, if not just to assist with the parking issue. :mad:
I'm wondering if it wasn't a shuttle from UT?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was out of the loop all day yesterday due to work requirements, and it was only when I was sitting at my bar eating some dinner at 10:30 last night that I read about there being a possible serial predator in Ohio. Of course before I even clicked on the article I had a pretty good idea who the person named was likely to be. Sure enough, it was Worley.

With it being so late and with another busy work day looming, I opted to head off to bed and try to play catch up this morning. I've scanned through the thread from yesterday and read the search warrant and associated MSM articles. As so many people have suspected, this wasn't Worley's first rodeo. That dungeon of horrors they found at his home wasn't a recent remodel job he did just for Sierah. Matter of fact, it seems as if Sierah's abduction and kidnapping was pretty much a spur of the moment event. A crime of opportunity orchestrated by a predator that had done this kind of thing before and been successful at it.

I was glad to read that Worley had sustained some pretty significant injuries in the ordeal, at least Sierah got in a few good licks along the way. As bad as the ordeal was that Sierah was subjected to, it may pale in comparison to what some of Worley's other victims endured. It appears that he had things set up to hold his captives for long periods of time. I think it's almost a certainty that he has many more victims out there, most of which probably aren't alive to tell their tale.

He learned from his mistakes in the 1990 abduction, where his victim managed to both escape and testify against him. Websleuths might as well go ahead and open up a new thread entitled, "Known and potential victims of serial killer James Worley". I suspect he's been on a 20 year abduction and killing spree, or at least as long as he's been on that property and had access to that barn.
Yes!!! Sleuthers it is time to try and identify his other victims.

As a community we must let this family have their privacy and take time to grieve. jmo &#128154;&#128155;&#128154;

Dateline NBC <Former FBI agent Clint Van Zandt, was an abduction victim as a child>

Be street-smart and protect your kids
Advice and precaution to avoid abductions

The recent headlines on sex offenders and abductions reminds parents, grandparents and other caregivers of their worst nightmares. If you're not around, even for a moment, and a stranger approaches your child&#8212; would your child know what to do?
There are precautions you can take as a parent and caregiver and information and skills you can teach your child to prevent an abduction. Former FBI agent Clint Van Zandt lectures on child and family safety and offers the following tips for you to share with your children:

Setting the stage

It is very important to approach the subject of safety in a non-threatening way. We do not want to make children fearful of potentially dangerous situations or people in general, but we do want to teach them to be cautious and to be able to recognize when something may be wrong. The key is to help children feel empowered and to encourage them to develop and trust their intuition. We want to teach them to be able to talk to you, their caregiver, when something is bothering them. Open communication between parents and children is one of the most important aspects to protecting your child from predators.

10 safety tips every parent should know

1. The key is communication.It is important to talk openly with your children about all safety issues, including what to do in a potential abduction situation.

<Snipped - read more @ Link>

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/16659486/ns/dateline_nbc/t/be-street-smart-protect-your-kids/#.V5tZT_krLcs

Great article. Thank you for sharing.

I'm wondering if it wasn't a shuttle from UT?

That would be a reasonable explanation. I hope that's the case.

The funeral home staff seemed to do a good job with handling the large number of visitors in a way that was respectful to the family. I would hope that they wouldn't have allowed a busload of people unless it had been previously approved for good reason.

I also appreciated that they had a sheriff's deputy outside the door. I certainly hope no one would misbehave out of respect to the family anyhow. However, having a deputy stationed outside was probably wise just in case any disrespectful gawkers made an appearance.

If JDW started his crime spree before he was caught in 1990, we have 26 plus years of missing ladies and maybe gentlemen too.
He is 57 now so he would of been 31 when caught. My guess is he started atleast thinking of this type of abduction crime in his teens.
What triggers such a mindset? A hate? urge? born sadist?
How did he keep his crimes secret from brother and mother who live there also? Their friends and people who came to the 'business'?
Is this a working farm? hay? animals?
I'm curious as to what teachers and others have to say about him in his younger years.
I do hope we get a thread on him away from Sierah's.........I hate the thought her name will be linked with his.

I came here by doing my own investigating in a Google Search and the WS popped up. Even though I'm a local under these circumstances I feel I'll be here to hopefully help others or give insite to bring people to justice and have more families find closure.

Sierah your unforgettable beautiful smile may the Lord be with your family and friends today. You will never be forgotten.

Very glad you found websleuths, CZL496. I have a feeling that with the tremendous number of new members and community involvement , that there will be many newcomers that will stick around to help others by giving their insight to bring people to justice and have more families find closure.

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

News is reporting they are looking into new developments of Chandra Levy they found in the past week. Is it related to JDW?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/2...evy.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

Chandra Levy's Mom 'in Shock' After Judge Drops Charges in 2001 Murder of Washington, D.C. Intern

The United States attorney's office in Washington announced on Thursday that it was dropping charges against Ingmar Guandique, an undocumented immigrant from El Salvador, who was convicted in 2010 of killing the 24-year-old intern. Guandique was sentenced to 60 years in prison for the murder, but was granted a new trial last year after the credibility of a main witness in the trial was called into question.

"Today, in the interests of justice and based on recent unforeseen developments that were investigated over the past week, the office moved to dismiss the case charging Ingmar Guandique with the May 2001 murder of Chandra Levy. The office has concluded that it can no longer prove the murder case against Mr. Guandique beyond a reasonable doubt," the U.S. attorney's office said in a statement

Not a case I'm familiar with but interesting BBM. CL was originally from Cleveland OH but lived and worked and was found in a park in DC?

If JDW started his crime spree before he was caught in 1990, we have 26 plus years of missing ladies and maybe gentlemen too.
He is 57 now so he would of been 31 when caught. My guess is he started atleast thinking of this type of abduction crime in his teens.
What triggers such a mindset? A hate? urge? born sadist?
How did he keep his crimes secret from brother and mother who live there also? Their friends and people who came to the 'business'?
Is this a working farm? hay? animals?
I'm curious as to what teachers and others have to say about him in his younger years.
I do hope we get a thread on him away from Sierah's.........I hate the thought her name will be linked with his.
I would tend to guess his predatory tendencies began soon after high school. I have heard it mentioned that he was one of those "odd" kids, and believe he likely would have been identified pretty quickly by his peers while in school. Graduation brought independence and the ability to venture into a world where no one knew him, hence his living in Swanton and lurking in Whitehouse.

I would start searching unsolved cases within 5 years of him graduating.

That would be a reasonable explanation. I hope that's the case.

The funeral home staff seemed to do a good job with handling the large number of visitors in a way that was respectful to the family. I would hope that they wouldn't have allowed a busload of people unless it had been previously approved for good reason.

I also appreciated that they had a sheriff's deputy outside the door. I certainly hope no one would misbehave out of respect to the family anyhow. However, having a deputy stationed outside was probably wise just in case any disrespectful gawkers made an appearance.

When I was there during day..there were at least 5-8 in uniform.

Tho he was never convicted of it, they say Ted Bundy killed the neighbor girl when he was 14.

I've been following this case since the beginning and would like to share some thoughts an opinions in no particular order. Firstly, my condolences, thoughts, and prayers go out to Sierah's family, friends, and community as a whole. I hope you are able to eventually heal and find peace after this tragedy. I also think it's pretty crummy of the media to have released that information when they did. It's quite disrespectful but unfortunately what I have come to expect from the media. They want to be the first to produce salacious headlines regardless of who they hurt.

Regarding the earlier abduction case, I suspect the reason JDW stayed behind at the scene after his victim escaped was twofold. Not only was he driving a very recognizable vehicle (I think someone mentioned earlier it was a flatbed truck with a business name on it?) so he knew he was going to be identified, but also he did NOT want them coming to him at his property. Why? Because they might feel the need to search it and I suspect he had already been in "business" and had his lair. By staying at the scene, he could both use that as an excuse why he wasn't up to anything nefarious but also keep LE off of his property. While it is blatantly obvious to anyone reading the facts of this case that JDW was not trying to keep Ms. Gardner from fleeing the scene of an accident she cause nor handcuffing her to take her home to play tiddlywinks, there just isn't any sort of registry in place to warn people of someone with a history of stranger abductions. Unfortunately, he could not be charged with what we all know that he likely intended to do. In light of the recent information released, I feel for terribly for Ms. Gardner as well since she know pretty much knows for sure what her fate would have been. I'm sure that is both terrifying and infuriating since she did everything she could to let everyone know that this was NOT a good guy.

Lastly, I read some comments about JDW's mugshot and mention of him looking smug. I really did not see that The first thing I saw was that he would not look at the camera. To me, that indicates denial...that he doesn't want to accept that this is really happening. He had to know at this point that EVERYTHING was getting ready to come out. Not only would everyone know what a monster he was, but he would never again be a free man to commit the kind of horrible things he had been doing. I see a picture of man who is defeated and to me, that's great. I'm very confident that the good guys will win here.

What happened to Sierah is terribly tragic and unfair but I do hope that perhaps this will wind up answering questions for some other families and holding him accountable if he is responsible for any previous crimes. At the end of the day, the fact that a predator is locked up and unlikely to EVER hurt anyone's daughter, sister, friend etc. is a relief.

Yes!!! Sleuthers it is time to try and identify his other victims.

As a community we must let this family have their privacy and take time to grieve. jmo &#55357;&#56474;&#55357;&#56475;&#55357;&#56474;

Do you by chance know his incarcerations date for the 2000 drug charge?

I think JDW was in prison in 2001.
Ah of course he was in jail, I knew that. I didn't want to bring it over here. But of course local media is running with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member