Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the most gorgeous pic of her yet.

attachment.php

I think he tied her up in the field, gagged her with a plastic bag and covered it with duct tape. By the time he managed to get her to his place she had already asphyxiated without him realizing it. No sexual assault ? Then what the hell was the point of all of this James ? I think he planned on sexually assaulting her, but she fought too hard, and in an effort to control both her movements and noise level he succeeded in killing her.

ETA: By the time he got her home and took the duct tape off of her mouth, she had already suffocated to death. Game over.
This is what I was trying to say in my post without it being too disturbing and graphic :(

there is no way caring, compassionate, normal ppl will ever understand such digusting filth (thanks mrs. vetrano, I like that phrase)

No matter the scenario it is absolutely truly tragic that anybody should ever have to worry about a loved one just disappearing at the hands of a monster. The more I look into the items, the more depressing it becomes to know people with thoughts like Worley's walk tge streets freely with the rest of us. It is tragic to know that at any time something horrible can happen, in broad daylight in an area we feel safe. This girl and any other possible victims he had mattered. They had potential and he took that potential from the world. He is a coward, and a true monster. I originally wanted to try to understand why and how this happened. The more research I do, the more I think I really do not want to understand. What I want to know now is what can be done to prevent these monsters from taking the light from our children. What can we do as a community? What clues that this would happen did we miss, and what can we do to strengthen the laws to make the world safer so our kids don't become victims with less rights than these monsters? He is 57, in all likelihood if he gets the death penalty he won't live to have it carried out. With appeals and drawn out processes this piece of **** will live his life in most likely protective custody. He will have meals provided, and a bed, tv. He will have access to a workout room, and showers. He will be able to see light, and to have penpals. Let's face it, women write to these "poor souls". We can't deprive him of any liberties because it would be cruel and unusual. He will live out his life in a prison on our tax money, and appeal after appeal. The rest of the world lost something due to him that can never be replaced. A community will never feel the same. And it sickens me.

At this point I just want to see this monster pay for every disgusting, terrible act he has ever done. I want all if the innocent lives he hurt to have peace. I don't even want to understand anymore. I just want justice, and the harshest available.

My heart goes out to her loved ones, and anyone who had to investigate this piece of garbage's crimes. I just have no words that express the anger, and sorrow and ultimate disgust this monster has caused.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Did Sierah have a friend or family member that's a photographer? There are so many pictures of her that are just stunning.

I've been lurking. I think of Sierah on a daily basis.

Reading how she was found is very emotional - I'm on the verge of tears. I can only imagine how her loved ones feel. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Justice for Sierah

Did Sierah have a friend or family member that's a photographer? There are so many pictures of her that are just stunning.

She was a lovely, lively, beautiful young woman. Her spirit and life force just shine through her photos. Such a tragic loss. Hurts the heart so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Silence and misinformation is the serial sexual predator's most Lethal Weapon"...

From News 11 WTOL's Facebook Page:

BREAKING: The autopsy results for Sierah Joughin show she died of asphyxiation due to her airway being obstructed by a plastic gag.
The report also says there was no evidence of sexual assault. MORE>> http://www.wtol.com/story/32728835/...-asphyxiation?clienttype=generic&sf33020775=1
At this point, further details are not being released by WTOL 11 out of respect for Sierah's family.

FULTON COUNTY, OH (WTOL) -
An autopsy report from the Lucas County coroner's office for Sierah Joughin show she died of asphyxiation due to her airway being obstructed from a plastic gag in her mouth.

The report further detailed that Sierah’s body was found hog-tied with ropes and duct tape and her hands were handcuffed. In addition, it appears she chipped her left front tooth while she was gagged.

<snipped - read more> <BBM>

She was a lovely, lively, beautiful young woman. Her spirit and life force just shine through her photos. Such a tragic loss. Hurts the heart so much.

I couldn't agree more. Her love of life radiates from her eyes and smile. Every time I see her.

Something is wrong with the quoted comment (see linked comment below): she was alive after her remains were found?

Updated Timeline:

Tuesday July 19

• 6:30-6:45PM Sierah last seen by boyfriend (she is 3-4 miles from home)
  • 7-7:15PM abducted?
  • 6:30-800 Police ask for witnesses to motorcyclist with open face helmet near bicycle location
  • Worley cell phone pings for 2 hours near bicycle location
  • 9:05PM Sunset
  • 10PM boyfriend unable to reach Sierah
  • 11-11:30PM Sierah reported missing by parents

Wednesday July 20

• 12:03AM Sierah bike located
  • 9:30AM Cornfield scene

Thursday July 21

• 5:37pm swabbed for DNA (in custody)
  • 7:03PM Barn search
  • 8PM 1st warrant time

Friday July 22

• 3AM Arrest
  • 6PM Sierah remains found
  • 9PM Time of death

"The autopsy report provides a time of death as 9 p.m. on July 22, when she was officially declared dead by medical professionals. Fulton County officials found Ms. Jouhgin&#8217;s remains about 6 p.m. that same day. There was no evidence of sexual assault."

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...list-Sierah-Joughin-died-of-asphyxiation.html

We have people in jail for non-violent drug offenses for decades, yet JDW was living among us ... It's disgusting - the dichotomy of who is IN prison versus who SHOULD be in prison.

Something is wrong with the quoted comment (see linked comment below): she was alive after her remains were found?

Updated Timeline:

Tuesday July 19

• 6:30-800 Police ask for witnesses to motorcyclist with open face helmet near bicycle location

Wednesday July 20

Thursday July 21

• 8PM 1st warrant time

Friday July 22

• 3AM Arrest
  • 9PM Time of death

"The autopsy report provides a time of death as 9 p.m. on July 22, when she was officially declared dead by medical professionals. Fulton County officials found Ms. Jouhgin&#8217;s remains about 6 p.m. that same day. There was no evidence of sexual assault."

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...list-Sierah-Joughin-died-of-asphyxiation.html

I'm pretty sure that time of death is simply when someone official (like the coroner) arrived on the scene and "called" it. The report doesn't provide any specific time that she might actually have died. I'm sure that they may have estimates, but it hasn't been included in the information that has been made public thus far.

Updated Timeline:

Tuesday July 19

Wednesday July 20

Thursday July 21

• 8PM 1st warrant time

Friday July 22

• 3AM Arrest
  • 9PM Time of death

And as indicated, the "call" time of death with the medical professionals was in the 9 p.m. hour. It is not her estimated time of "expiration."

I'm pretty sure that time of death is simply when someone official (like the coroner) arrived on the scene and "called" it. The report doesn't provide any specific time that she might actually have died. I'm sure that they may have estimates, but it hasn't been included in the information that has been made public thus far.

that is correct... I work in Hospice and when a patient expires, the time of death is always when the RN gets there (if not already there) makes their assessment, and then they will pronounce patient (give time of death)...it could be hours after the patient passed, but that is the official TOD that we write on the death certificate. a Lot of times in cases like this, TOD is determined by forensic science (blow flies, their eggs, larvae, etc.). That will come out in court as an estimated time of death.

After 24 hours there can be no TOD. The body would be at ambient temperature. Before then TOD can be extrapolated from body core temperature according to the liver temp, weight, BMI, etc., and average air temperature over time. If there were some discrepancy then cellular examination would only confirm the discrepancy.
The official TOD is the time she was found and examined.
Just over 3 days had passed before she was found. Therefore we will have no idea when she passed.

MOO

After 24 hours there can be no TOD. The body would be at ambient temperature. Before then TOD can be extrapolated from body core temperature according to the liver temp, weight, BMI, etc., and average air temperature over time. If there were some discrepancy then cellular examination would only confirm the discrepancy.
The official TOD is the time she was found and examined.
Just over 3 days had passed before she was found. Therefore we will have no idea when she passed.

MOO

Actually using forensic entomology, scientists can determine an estimated time of death. Its pretty interesting stuff. I remember hearing Michael Baden talk about it on Autopsy, as well as in the David Westerfield trial regarding the murder of Danielle van damm

Actually using forensic entomology, scientists can determine an estimated time of death. Its pretty interesting stuff. I remember hearing Michael Baden talk about it on Autopsy, as well as in the David Westerville trial regarding the murder of Danielle van damm

So after 3 days they can still do that? Tell me. I am curious.
Do they actually know what bugs are in the area and at which times?
Do they know what times they lay eggs? Temperature? Food, hormones, etc.?
Did they actually do that ?

No TOD that we know of. No MOD that we know of. COD we know.

No TOD in the facts of the case. Everything reported is SOP AFAIK.

MOO

**graphic**
I'm not the poster who posted about it, but basically, they can look at how insects have interacted with the body, whether there are eggs, larva etc there, and what stage they are at, can pinpoint a fairly accurate TOD.

They study the larvae, usually of the blowfly. . The age/stage of the eggs or the larvae can tell them an estimated time.

I read about it in the book "Body Farm", then I saw a show about the real Body Farm the book was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne