OH - Three students killed in Chardon High School shooting, 27 Feb 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I took it from these two articles. The first names his mother and the second names the grandparents.

http://www.cleveland.com/chardon-shooting/index.ssf/2012/02/tj_lanes_neighbor_said_the_you.html

http://www.cleveland.com/chardon-shooting/index.ssf/2012/02/parents_of_teen_accused_of_sho.html

In another interview, someone was talking about knowing the father when he was growing up. Said Dad was a good kid. Small community and maybe both sets of grandparents live in the same vicinity? When hearing the first interview, I took it that he was living with Dad's parents, but then they named the guardian. It sounds as if there is several households of family on the road that they live on.

Here is an article that gives a little bit on insight on the situation...

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbc...0120229&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=120229004&Ref=AR

He doesn't look so "scared" and "confused" in this photo. Quite the opposite. Cool, calm, and is that almost a little smile there?

doc4f4d541509da6734210351.jpg

I agree. It's weird, he looks so sad and pained in all the pictures I've seen from before the shooting. Now he looks like he's had a huge weight lifted from him. Like he's relieved.

Here is an article that gives a little bit on insight on the situation...

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbc...0120229&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=120229004&Ref=AR

From link above :
"(TJ) didn’t live on his paternal grandparents’ sprawling Wilder Road property, but he frequented it on the weekends, an uncle confirmed."

So it seems as if he was bouncing back and forth between the grandparents homes from everything I've read which makes it clearer why I've been so confused. With the maternal grandfather having actual guardianship. Still not sure how long that's been the case. Reports I've seen indicate neighbors saying "for several years". It would be interesting to know how and when TJ's maternal grandfather gained guardianship.

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/nat...cle_4a3cf9a6-0a32-5947-a853-337c283f92fd.html

Lots of updated info at the above link .....

Gun info ...a Ruger .22-caliber Mark III target pistol. Capacity is 10 shots.
http://www.ruger.com/products/markIIIStandard/models.html

"Neighbors said he (TJ's father) visited his son often, sometimes taking him and his sister camping or to the school to catch the bus."

"The judge earlier barred media outlets from taking photos of the suspect's face but reversed himself Wednesday and said Lane may be photographed at a pending a hearing next Tuesday."

"Judge Timothy Grendell also released seven pages of juvenile court records on Lane, including an assault case in late 2009 at age 15.

TJ Lane allegedly choked and punched another male. He entered the juvenile court equivalent of a guilty plea to a reduced misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct and was given a suspended sentence of up to 30 days in jail.

The judge wouldn't say if there are other files that might be covered by a law allowing certain records to be withheld. "

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-ohio-shooting-20120229,0,134647.story

".......Because he is a juvenile, Lane will not face the death penalty...........But Lane could still face a severe sentence, including life in prison with or without parole........"

"Complicating the issue could be Lane’s mental health. Joyce said the teenager was not well.........My sense is that certainly his competency to stand trial or enter a plea will be considered..........But there is a high standard to have him declared incompetent.... There is a general disinclination to declare the younger offender insane........"

"Public opinion could also play a role, Berman said. How the crime is perceived could lead to the prosecutor feeling pressure to be tougher."

I wonder if public opinion the opposite direction could lead to the prosecutor being pressured to be more forgiving. The general consensus of everyone I've talked to locally, everyone I've heard talking about it, etc. is very forgiving for TJ Lane. Most are saying he was a victim too. Even families of the victims seem to be saying they forgive him already, that his life circumstances lead to this, that they feel he was ill and his own parents failed him.

I agree. It's weird, he looks so sad and pained in all the pictures I've seen from before the shooting. Now he looks like he's had a huge weight lifted from him. Like he's relieved.

He probably wants to go to prison probably he lacked structure in life and he gets it in prison.

There is a broadcast right now on channel 3 ~wkyc.com they have had the best coverage all throughout this. I shouldnt whine but this has been extremely hard for me. My sons death occured on Feb.24, entombed on 26th.
It was hard going to place flowers for Joe. My thoughts were also with the boys and what their dear parents are going through. It is living hell. Other people get over it, they never will. Any mom here who has lost a child can tell you the numbness never goes away. God be with the families.
Thanks for the vent.

For Joe and all the other's gone too soon :rose:

There is a broadcast right now on channel 3 ~wkyc.com they have had the best coverage all throughout this. I shouldnt whine but this has been extremely hard for me. My sons death occured on Feb.24, entombed on 26th.
It was hard going to place flowers for Joe. My thoughts were also with the boys and what their dear parents are going through. It is living hell. Other people get over it, they never will. Any mom here who has lost a child can tell you the numbness never goes away. God be with the families.
Thanks for the vent.

:grouphug: Hugs to you Nore.

He killed 3 people. SOMETHING will happen to him. He's not just going to walk.

However, if they know something we don't, and TJ is indeed mentally ill, then obviously he belongs in a hospital or mental institution. I am not in favor of sending genuinely ill people to jail.

Even if someone is mentally ill, it doesn't mean they belong in a hospital or mental institution. For legal insanity, the standard is not knowing right from wrong. And what business does a prosecutor have commenting that the suspect is "not well?"

Thanks for the vent.

So sorry, bless you. I know how you feel, I walk in the same shoes as you do.

Just saw both of Danny's grandfathers on CNN -- it was heart-wrenching !!!

I hate how the THs try to capitalize on human suffering . . . coverage of this tragedy & the Harrisburg IL tornado reminded me how much I dislike CNNs programming

Thanks for the vent.

Nore~my heart goes out to you on the loss of your son. I am sure this tragedy here in Chardon brings back many many memories for you, as well as for me. I am local to this shooting, and while I didnt know any of the victims or their families, my heart breaks for each and every one of them. I know the pain of losing a child, and I know the pain these parents will walk through in the weeks and months to come. I know the numbness you descrbe. I lost my 22 yr old daughter, Kristi in 2009, to suicide. It never leaves you, you never get "over" it....((((hugs)))) to all who unfortuantely know this first hand :( Please continue to pray for the community of Chardon, Ohio.

Sure doesn't sound "random" does it? Before the prosecutor starts commenting, I suggest he looks into the facts.

I agree, jjenny. He lied about the gun belonging to his uncle, and I think he's lying about this being a "random" shooting, too.

http://www.cleveland.com/chardon-shooting/index.ssf/2012/03/official_records_from_ohio_sch.html

Lots more new info about TJ''s living situation and prior history at above link. It appears TJ's older brother had a problematic drug history with the courts and his mother struggled with alcoholism off and on. The link has actual copies of reports where police were called out to the home. Including the call that resulted in the assault charge against TJ.

There also appears to be a lot of reports of theft. Not by the suspect, by suspects family members.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back