Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the circumstances of this case and the attention do you think Buckskin's name and story will be officially released or not? I'm not familiar with how it usually goes. Might the process be expedited because of public attention? And if it is released I hope LE gives DNA Doe Project some credit!

Also, why would NCMEC make the process take forever?

Wonder if you sent a tip to local media like a newspaper or tv reporter if they would try to get something out of Miami County LE for an article. They have followed up on this from time to time when some new info comes out.

Sorry, I mean privately not publicly.

A family member has messaged the page asking for privacy. So please offer the families privacy. Thank you!

Hi, first time posting, but BG's case has fascinated me and I've been browsing this forum for a while now and with all the new excitement I thought now is as good a time as any to join the conversation (even though I'm very shy!!!)

I'm really hoping her identity is confirmed as Marcia soon and she can go home. I, personally, have little doubt it's her. The siblings who posted seem legitimate and the father really does look so much like her (and not just his younger photo, I looked at his old facebook profile which has a more recent photo and it's truly uncanny). It broke my heart to read that her brother passed as well, and that the mother has now lost both her children, but I'm glad there will be closure and that BG will finally get her name back.

As for finding a yearbook photo, I also found a D—- K—- in a [home area] yearbook, specifically [school name] 1974 and 1975 (strangely, I can't find him in the actual class listings, but he is listed as a member of varsity band). If this is her brother, she may have attended a private Catholic or Christian high school as well, though obviously a different one since this is an all-boys school. There are three Christian high schools in [home area]: [school name], [school name]l, and [school name]. There's also [school name] nearby. Unfortunately, there aren't any 1970s yearbooks of those schools online, so that's frustrating.

Anyway, I don't think I can offer much more than anyone else has been able to, but I'm anxious to see what happens!

Welcome opheliasleeps ! I've been an on/off lurker here for many years and don't post much, either. However, I'm finding myself more and more fascinated with the cases here. I think my inner desire to "solve" things is part of that. Anyways, welcome - it's always nice to have an extra set of eyes here. :)

Sorry, I mean privately not publicly.

A family member has messaged the page asking for privacy. So please offer the families privacy. Thank you!

Thank you for letting us know. I'm wondering now if the posts were removed because they were getting inundated with questions. I don't think Marcia's siblings realized how well known BG's case was, not just here but worldwide, it would seem, when they broke the news on her FB page. It kind of opened a Pandora's box when they did.

Based on the circumstances of this case and the attention do you think Buckskin's name and story will be officially released or not? I'm not familiar with how it usually goes. Might the process be expedited because of public attention? And if it is released I hope LE gives DNA Doe Project some credit!

Also, why would NCMEC make the process take forever?

Thank you for letting us know. I'm wondering now if the posts were removed because they were getting inundated with questions. I don't think Marcia's siblings realized how well known BG's case was, not just here but worldwide, it would seem, when they broke the news on her FB page. It kind of opened a Pandora's box when they did.

I thought maybe LE also has told them not to talk about this. This has got to be a terrible thing to be hit with all at once. If they have seen the graphic photos and read the manner in which she died it is even worse. It isn't that she is no longer alive.
That said, I am just south in Dayton suburbs so I have been immersed in this since she was found. She is more than a case to me and everybody else here trying to keep her in the spotlight. She is someone I have wanted to wrap my arms around and comfort if there were any way to do that. I have known her for over 30 yrs.
The family needs to process this as it's all new and horrifying. But I hope we get some answers also. She is a part of all of us and she will always be in my heart.

Very interesting... the son of the cousin whose DNA solved the case (related to Marcia's birth father and who posted on facebook with the half-siblings) says that Marcia was actually born Marsha S___ (don't really want to re-type the last name of her other family for privacy). Her mother's new husband adopted her and her brother which gave her the last name K___ and she changed the spelling of her name to Marcia.

Very interesting... the son of the cousin whose DNA solved the case (related to Marcia's birth father and who posted on facebook with the half-siblings) says that Marcia was actually born Marsha S___ (don't really want to re-type the last name of her other family for privacy). Her mother's new husband adopted her and her brother which gave her the last name K___ and she changed the spelling of her name to Marcia.
Where are you finding this?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I kind of gathered that about her last name from her father's obit, but the part about changing the spelling of her first name is interesting.

Where are you finding this?

Reddit. And his username has his very relevant last name in it (not S__ though) so I don't want to expose him. The account was created at least 8 months ago so he isn't a troll.

Reddit. And his username has his very relevant last name in it (not S__ though) so I don't want to expose him. The account was created at least 8 months ago so he isn't a troll.

Just curious, Leilarose, has this poster been posting on the BG's thread (or whatever they call it on Reddit) the whole 8 months? Or has this been only since the FB posts? Can you tell?

There is a Marcia K 1975 Northeastern HS page 83 its a band picture last person on the 2nd row she is very hard to make out thou. It may or may not be her IDK . Feels like an episode of Search Party ..anyone seen Marsha call me

Agree with many JS and MS have very striking resemblances

Just curious, Leilarose, has this poster been posting on the BG's thread (or whatever they call it on Reddit) the whole 8 months? Or has this been only since the FB posts? Can you tell?

No no, he created his account at least 8 months ago because that's when he started posting on various subreddits. He only started writing comments on BG last night. He is credible because his username contains the last name of his mom, who is BG's cousin. And the account is old so it's obviously his real name.

No no, he created his account at least 8 months ago because that's when he started posting on various subreddits. He only started writing comments on BG last night. He is credible because his username contains the last name of his mom, who is BG's cousin. And the account is old so it's obviously his real name.
Ahh! Wish Reddit didn't list her as identified, nothing confirmed yet!

Ahh! Wish Reddit didn't list her as identified, nothing confirmed yet!

I know, I didn't make that post although she does say it's unofficial. And btw that's not the Buckskin Girl post he commented in.

Any luck finding (possible) mother's obituary? Been looking for B.K. or B.B.K. Obituaries and haven't come up with much

Her mother is still alive according to the family.
Oh, that's great!! I'm not sure why I was under that impression she had passed, I am glad to hear she is still with us and hopefully can find some closure.

Oh, that's great!! I'm not sure why I was under that impression she had passed, I am glad to hear she is still with us and hopefully can find some closure.
Trying to find info on deceased brother.. do we know if he was older?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member