OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it might be a good idea as 3:00 eastern approaches to look on the Columbus, Ohio news sites for details. Local sites once could Google to see if they cover this are the Columbus Dispatch newspaper, WBNS channel 10, WSUX channel 6, WCMH channel 4, and WTVN 610 AM.

I can’t find anything about a press release, has anyone found where we can hear or read it? TIA

Local here was on our Good Morning Columbus show at 9 am but I also haven't seen any press releases. Normally CPD will live stream events such as this on FB they had a similar press conference for a woman missing since 2018. I also talk with someone close to the case and had heard about it last night.

Well I missed the first few minutes and the video kept stopping so I may have missed it, but did the detective say anything about what the Uber driver and that friend had to say ? TIA

ETA: I was able to listen to the video again on their FB page and nothing was mentioned about the friend or Uber driver. And nothing new at all other than a lot of interest in the swampy area. Hard to believe he would have walked into the swamp, so if he's there maybe he was put there by someone though seems they would've gotten very, very wet in doing so.

Also, nothing after 3:53 a.m., is this because his phone battery died ?

Last edited:
I watched the press conference. They haven’t found Tyler or anything Tyler was wearing or any of his belongings. There have been no sightings of him. No leads except they have him on audio, the night he disappeared, on his phone saying ‘’[take me to] Easton” meaning he was trying to get directions to the hotel, but he said Easton instead of the name of his hotel, probably due to intoxication. Police believe that is evidence he was trying to get to the hotel and not trying to get away to a new life.

There have been several professional searches conducted and the property owners of land surrounding and adjacent to the hotel have all been very cooperative.

They haven’t stopped looking for him but as of right now, there are no additional organized searches scheduled.

Well I’d say it was huge to see him on video surveillance more than once (one of them walking alone and away from Uber) as well as that short audio clip of him saying “Easton suites” ..the way he says “suites” makes me feel that he is incredibly intoxicated and at this point finally I feel like there’s a lot less reason to question wife and friend. Unfortunately as we’ve seen in dozens of cases I believe that he injured himself or passed out due to intoxication and passed away in a less than easy place to search :(

The detective is definitely interested in the “swamp” and rightly so IMO. So now we’ve seen the video of him leaving the Uber at hotel and heard the audio of Tyler trying to get directions back to the hotel indicating he wasn’t running away.
The detective also said he was very confused and “under the influence” and thought he was getting kicked out of the Uber at the wrong place so he took off down the street.

I am more convinced than ever that this was a drunken misadventure and he’s still out there undiscovered. :(

The detective is definitely interested in the “swamp” and rightly so IMO. So now we’ve seen the video of him leaving the Uber at hotel and heard the audio of Tyler trying to get directions back to the hotel indicating he wasn’t running away.
The detective also said he was very confused and “under the influence” and thought he was getting kicked out of the Uber at the wrong place so he took off down the street.

I am more convinced than ever that this was a drunken misadventure and he’s still out there undiscovered. :(

I have always felt this is what happened also. I think there is more to the story from wife/friend, but I think it has more to do with them wanting to keep something quiet, as in the friend hit on the wife and that is what upset Tyler or something like that....I sadly too think he wandered off, how he wasn't seen on more cameras I just don't know, but it's so sad he hasn't been found.

I wish I was at that press conference. I would have asked him:

- how it's possible he's not on other security footage?
- was anyone else on the footage along that same route
- where was the phone when he asked for directions?
- did search dogs pick up any scent in that parking lot?
- did they have search dogs or cadaver dogs?
- is it possible Tyler got into a car (with someone) at the Abbott parking lot and left the parking lot that way?
- if he walked toward the building in the abbott parking lot, are there any cameras at the entrance of that building that SHOULD have footage of him?
- is there criminal activity going on around the Abbott parking lot?
- did the phone move at a speed corresponding to an intoxicated male that was lost?
- where was Tyler when Shaun last saw him? Did Shaun even go after Tyler?
- were there any incidents that night?
- have intoxicated males been hit on in that area?
- are there any other males of Tylers age/type missing or have gone missing over the past years under similar circumstances?
- is it possible the phone was in the possession of someone else? at least part of that route?
- does he think Tyler could have been drugged?
- why did the friend leave to go home and didn't help with the initial search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member