OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Jamisons threads had an official T-shirt (as we once-upon-a-time had an official Christmas Eve Haunted Abandoned Ski Lodge playlet), this is what the back would read:

Am I understanding this wrong? It just dosen't make sense to me.

(source is on p21 here)

While we wait (and, chances are, wait and wait) for the remains to be ID'd I do think it's good to discuss which of the details of the case - details related in media - that we do accept, and - more or less - trust to be the truths of the matter. (Truth, according to Oscar Wilde, being "never pure and rarely simple," of course.)

I think the Jamison family remains will be found to be a murder/suicide. The behavior of the parents prior to the disappearance was beyond strange. I think the dog in the truck and the large amount of cash indicates to me at least one person planned on returning to it. Perhaps the one that set out to be the family annihilator suffered remorse after the act and killed himself (or herself) as well. The mother had spoken of demons needing to be exorcised. Some believe that death is the only true way to be rid of a demon.
I do not think they got lost. Most people that become lost and disoriented tend to separate, especially after food and water are gone. If you look at all the cases of people getting lost in the wilderness, one person (usually the man) tries to find his way out of the woods while the family hunkers down. Even if both die, one is normally found miles from the other. In this case they were all together, no one tried to be a hero.

As far as the McStays, it was obviously murder, and before I'd start looking at far out theories like drug cartels or a home invasions where nothing is stolen, I would be looking much closer to home for the killer. The couple that sold the home to the McStays were in their late 60's, unlikely they were drug dealers with pissed off connections that targeted the wrong family. Now that they have remains they will more than likely find bullets, after that finding the weapon and owner becomes easier. I think they were harmed by someone well known to them.

01/ deaths connected to hallucinations of haunts & spirits - nefarious others (a cult?) taking advantage

02/ deaths connected with drugs, specifically meth - they were in San Bois to purchase or sell and they were caught out

03/ deaths connected with drugs also - but they stumbled onto a meth cooking or pot growing operation in the mountains

04/ deaths connected to enemies - real ones - made during time at Lake Eufaula: white supremacists and so on

05/ deaths connected to unknown aspects of family involvement or enemies made years before in OKC

06/ deaths connected with someone on mountain or in area - person(s) who perhaps knew of large sum of money on hand

07/ deaths connected to becoming lost in the region and succumbing to the elements

08/ deaths connected to either murder(s)/suicide or a suicide pact + murder

09/ n/a as the Jamisons did not die on the mountain and some sort of plot was afoot
----

Ranked! (Subject to change at blinking of an eye.) My likelies:

2, 6, 3, 4

5, 1, 7, 8, 9

If the Jamisons threads had an official T-shirt (as we once-upon-a-time had an official Christmas Eve Haunted Abandoned Ski Lodge playlet), this is what the back would read:

Quote:
Am I understanding this wrong? It just dosen't make sense to me.

(source is on p21 here)

While we wait (and, chances are, wait and wait) for the remains to be ID'd I do think it's good to discuss which of the details of the case - details related in media - that we do accept, and - more or less - trust to be the truths of the matter. (Truth, according to Oscar Wilde, being "never pure and rarely simple," of course.)

Yeah, I need one of those shirts, lol.

Today I am determined to solve the 7th/8th or 8th/9th question once and for all. Am in the middle of pulling together any concrete evidence I can find. More on that later.

Also noticed, while digging through the old threads, that you and I share a birthday, wfgodot.

Good luck OkieGranny. I feel almost certain it is 8th and 9th. It explains the mud tracks, possibly another explanation for the large rocks in the bed, and when looking at the temps of the 9th it seems unreasonable for them to voluntarily leave the truck without their jackets as it was below 50 degrees. The Beauchamp quote will be difficult to explain a way IMO.
Another question though, if they met the landowner when they were lost on ? day and got directions, why and by what circumstances did the same land owner come in contact with them the next day? Did they exchange phone numbers?

Today I am determined to solve the 7th/8th or 8th/9th question once and for all. Am in the middle of pulling together any concrete evidence I can find. More on that later.

Also noticed, while digging through the old threads, that you and I share a birthday, wfgodot.
Great to share a birthday with someone who also cares, and has great sleuthing abilities - unlike self.

Reeling a bit right now as four bodies - a mother and her children - were found in their home in my KS hometown. Police searching for a suspect.

Can anyone tell me what the settlement amount was in that accident?

when looking at the temps of the 9th it seems unreasonable for them to voluntarily leave the truck without their jackets as it was below 50 degrees

How far below 50 degrees? If you are used to the cold 40-50 is not a big deal, not everyone wears a heavy jacket outside. It was 27 in NH on Sunday and I saw people in shorts and sweatshirts outdoors. Sure I think they were nuts, but who am I to judge. LOL

If they stummbled upon a Meth lab or Pot growing operation, wouldn't there have been plenty of evidence around? Those folks aren't exactly known for their housekeeping skills. I am sure LE would have easily located that during the original search.

I take at face value the truck having been found there, and the family gone missing from it.

I have in the past taken at face value - well, relatively - IB's efforts in solving the case (in spite of the apparent total botching of the early investigation).

Let's see....the independent work of Our Own Several at determining financial things - those I also take as truths of course.

Anything else? Anyone?

I tried to take only the facts at face value and draw my inferences and deductions from those

They left everything behind? Several possibilities to include (1)murder, (2)sherilyn and husband fighting and one jumping out of the car and running into the woods and the person driving has to abrubtly stop and run after the other and not wanting to leave the child in the car she has to go to,(3) as well the theory I have that they are alive and well.

Why don't the photos show evidence that a starving dog was left in the vehicle for a week? My theory is the only one (for me)that answers this-haven't heard any others on it though

Why was no reward offered even after the family recieved the money from inside the vehicle? Again my theory is the only one that for me that works-I haven't heard any others

Video cameras all over the outside of the home? Concern and or Paranoia, any theory can fit really here

Pulled child out of school right before disappearance and signed over custody of son? Maybe she did want to homeschool her, maybe they were looking for land and moving, maybe the son wanted to live with dad, and then my theory also fits this

Why weren't they on the FBI missing persons list? Who knows and my theory fits here as well

Also I'm not sure why a grandmother would murder the family-usually elderly people aren't willing to murder their own child and grandchild for financial gain-could be wrong

Murder/suicide-its a little far fetched to me as they took cell phones, coats and all kinds of stuff with them and why go all the way out there to do it-could be wrong

I don't think I will ever buy that they died from getting lost and exposure to the elements

Pot growing operation even one that LE is invested in-possible for me, just not likely at all

How far below 50 degrees? If you are used to the cold 40-50 is not a big deal, not everyone wears a heavy jacket outside. It was 27 in NH on Sunday and I saw people in shorts and sweatshirts outdoors. Sure I think they were nuts, but who am I to judge. LOL

If they stummbled upon a Meth lab or Pot growing operation, wouldn't there have been plenty of evidence around? Those folks aren't exactly known for their housekeeping skills. I am sure LE would have easily located that during the original search.
Yes but - no matter when the Jamisons were last seen, the eighth or the ninth - the search operation did not begin for several days. Plenty of time to clean up a meth operation or hide the remains of a harvested pot crop. (Which may have been why the abandoned vehicle sat unreported for several days.)

Yes but - no matter when the Jamisons were last seen, the eighth or the ninth - the search operation did not begin for several days. Plenty of time to clean up a meth operation or hide the remains of a harvested pot crop. (Which may have been why the abandoned vehicle sat unreported for several days.)

Totally agree and early on was my theory too, that or someone else killed them, but it doesn't explain why the family offered no reward!

Can anyone tell me what the settlement amount was in that accident?
In 2005, Bobby Jamison filed a civil lawsuit after allegedly injuring his back in a wreck in Oklahoma County. Starlet Jamison, Bobby Jamison’s mother, told investigators the lawsuit was settled out of court for $64,000 and her son split the money with his wife — perhaps accounting for the cash found in their pickup Oct. 17.
http://newsok.com/eufaula-man-filed-lawsuit-against-father/article/3458229

The Oklahoman also reported in a 02 May 2011 article that $32,500 was found in the truck.

Investigation Discovery is airing the Disappeared episode "Paradise Lost" about the Jamisons on 12/4 at 11 a.m.

Okay, so the settlement was $64,000. Half of that amount is $32,000 which happens to be the same amount that was found in the truck. I do believe in coincidences, but I'm wondering about this particular coincidence. Given that they wanted to live "off the grid", it would not surprise me it the Jamisons did not have had any bank accounts. But the $32,000 number seems...I don't know. Sherilyn has half of the $64,000, while Bobby has the other half. But why was it in the truck? Maybe Bobby hid that money there from Sherilyn so she wouldn't spend it? I don't know why it would be hidden in a truck, but you never know. Just thinking out loud.

Makes ya crazy...huh, Granny....:hills:!!!

I was very surprised to see Nancy Grace covering the Jamison family. I'm glad she did! I remember CNN airing the Jamison story back in 10/09.

I'm still here trying to figure out what happened to them. Just makes me sad.

Presumption of death means the assumption of death of a person who unexpectedly disappeared and was continuously absent for an extended period, especially seven years. The presumption of death belongs to the class of rebuttable, as distinguished from conclusive, legal presumptions. Presumptions of the rebuttable kind are certain assumptions or legal rules defining the amount of evidence requisite to support a particular allegation. With respect to rebuttable presumptions, unless they are explained away or rebutted by evidence to the contrary they are conclusive evidence

http://definitions.uslegal.com/p/presumption-of-death/

other interesting info relating to children in this link.

http://books.google.com/books?id=YdIwAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA539&lpg=PA539&dq=oklahoma+presumption+of+death&source=bl&ots=S0oVm-VLgP&sig=kMI6MMiQFohIurKHVrEgNGd-9hk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=2vSUUoyrC_OzsAS6zIDQBA&ved=0CFwQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=oklahoma%20presumption%20of%20death&f=false

what container and what is the 7th 8th 9th question everyone is talking about ?

Makes ya crazy...huh, Granny....:hills:!!!

I was very surprised to see Nancy Grace covering the Jamison family. I'm glad she did! I remember CNN airing the Jamison story back in 10/09.

I'm still here trying to figure out what happened to them. Just makes me sad.

Well, I don't know if "glad" is the word I'd use. I thought is was more of a

:trainwreck:

The "reporter" said the security video showed the Jamisons sitting in their house staring into space for hours at a time. Really? There were only two cameras that I know of and they were mounted on the outside of the house.

I want to say something about that security video, BTW. You know, when Hubby and I are packing the car for a day trip, we don't stop to kiss and cuddle in the driveway. We each make numerous trips back and forth between the house and the car, carrying drinks, snacks, laptops, coats, gifts for the grandbabies, etc. The kiddo is old enough to tote her own stuff now but, when she was six, I also had to pack books and toys and a CD player to keep her entertained on the trip. You know what else? Sometimes I stop and stare into space while running through a mental checklist to make sure I'm not forgetting to bring anything.

We can only watch a brief edited clip from that video but, I want to ask you, if you turn off the sound and put everything out of your mind that you've been told about how odd the Jamisons were acting, what do you really see?

Well, I don't know if "glad" is the word I'd use. I thought is was more of a

:trainwreck:

The "reporter" said the security video showed the Jamisons sitting in their house staring into space for hours at a time. Really? There were only two cameras that I know of and they were mounted on the outside of the house.

I want to say something about that security video, BTW. You know, when Hubby and I are packing the car for a day trip, we don't stop to kiss and cuddle in the driveway. We each make numerous trips back and forth between the house and the car, carrying drinks, snacks, laptops, coats, gifts for the grandbabies, etc. The kiddo is old enough to tote her own stuff now but, when she was six, I also had to pack books and toys and a CD player to keep her entertained on the trip. You know what else? Sometimes I stop and stare into space while running through a mental checklist to make sure I'm not forgetting to bring anything.

We can only watch a brief edited clip from that video but, I want to ask you, if you turn off the sound and put everything out of your mind that you've been told about how odd the Jamisons were acting, what do you really see?

Yeah, I totally agree with all this-to me it always came off like they were really serious and focused on what they were doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody