OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't know if "glad" is the word I'd use. I thought is was more of a

:trainwreck:

The "reporter" said the security video showed the Jamisons sitting in their house staring into space for hours at a time. Really? There were only two cameras that I know of and they were mounted on the outside of the house.

I want to say something about that security video, BTW. You know, when Hubby and I are packing the car for a day trip, we don't stop to kiss and cuddle in the driveway. We each make numerous trips back and forth between the house and the car, carrying drinks, snacks, laptops, coats, gifts for the grandbabies, etc. The kiddo is old enough to tote her own stuff now but, when she was six, I also had to pack books and toys and a CD player to keep her entertained on the trip. You know what else? Sometimes I stop and stare into space while running through a mental checklist to make sure I'm not forgetting to bring anything.

We can only watch a brief edited clip from that video but, I want to ask you, if you turn off the sound and put everything out of your mind that you've been told about how odd the Jamisons were acting, what do you really see?
While it was truly difficult to tell by a snippet - and that played faster than in "real time," the video to me portrayed an almost metronomic sense of movement, one that - according to him - did attract the attention of IB and others that the motion in question was not a normal one.

While it was truly difficult to tell by a snippet - and that played faster than in "real time," the video to me portrayed an almost metronomic sense of movement, one that - according to him - did attract the attention of IB and others that the motion in question was not a normal one.

Well, you also have to consider that it was not a full-motion video, more like a series of still photos. Kind of like when you watch someone moving through strobe light; they look weird because you're not seeing all the action.

Really wish we could see all of the original video.

If the reader is familiar with the so-called "last picture" (of Madyson), mentioned in at least one of the tv broadcasts (Sherilyn's friend finds it indicative of foul play), that was a point of much discussion over the years here. Whattaya think? Does the child look distressed? if so, do you think something was up, so to speak? Or is it just indicative of a tired child?

Madyson Jamison

I post my wild guess on this case in an earlier post. (You can follow the link.)

I do believe she was distressed, but by her parents chronic disfunction, not an acute threat. I find the picture to be disturbing in its stark portrayal of intense childhood distress.

I still think they were murdered by someone they encountered coming down the mountain.

Where was it reported that it looked like someone had gone through their truck?

Well, I don't know if "glad" is the word I'd use. I thought is was more of a

:trainwreck:

The "reporter" said the security video showed the Jamisons sitting in their house staring into space for hours at a time. Really? There were only two cameras that I know of and they were mounted on the outside of the house.

I want to say something about that security video, BTW. You know, when Hubby and I are packing the car for a day trip, we don't stop to kiss and cuddle in the driveway. We each make numerous trips back and forth between the house and the car, carrying drinks, snacks, laptops, coats, gifts for the grandbabies, etc. The kiddo is old enough to tote her own stuff now but, when she was six, I also had to pack books and toys and a CD player to keep her entertained on the trip. You know what else? Sometimes I stop and stare into space while running through a mental checklist to make sure I'm not forgetting to bring anything.

We can only watch a brief edited clip from that video but, I want to ask you, if you turn off the sound and put everything out of your mind that you've been told about how odd the Jamisons were acting, what do you really see?

I agree with you! They could have been doing just about anything!!!

The thing with me is, the Mcintosh Sheriff's dept. or Eufaula PD got their hands on that tape first! I'll even bet the tape has since been "lost" in the evidence room.

Snipped.

I see a guy, with a bad back, taking light load to his car, and focusing on what he is doing so he doesn't strain himself.

I have seen it before, when I load a car. Multiple trips, a light load with each trip. Focusing on what I am doing so I don't strain my back. As indicated, I have a similar back problem to Bobby.

Yes, sure, I'd like to see the video too but if we're doubting that the to-and-fro indicated something sinister, we're basically doubting the sheriff and whomever else viewed the footage and found it to be a concern. I've doubted OK LE's accounts on numerous occasions but for some reason I believe that here they acted in good faith - at least regarding the footage. Professional opinion truthfully expressed.

And why would it be other? IB indicated that nothing specifically could be found to tie the Jamisons to meth and the meth trade - and that sort of "evidence" can be easy to find/invent. Why center on a piece of video footage to explain certain actions?

Snipped.

I see a guy, with a bad back, taking light load to his car, and focusing on what he is doing so he doesn't strain himself.

I have seen it before, when I load a car. Multiple trips, a light load with each trip. Focusing on what I am doing so I don't strain my back. As indicated, I have a similar back problem to Bobby.

i agree with this. my husband is the same way when packing the car. he doesn't have a bad back, he just wants to get the job done and the car packed properly without being bothered (apparently theres a method to properly packing a car so everything fits and i stink at it so my husband does it)

Yes, sure, I'd like to see the video too but if we're doubting that the to-and-fro was indicative of anything sinister, we're basically doubting the sheriff and whomever else viewed the footage and found it to be worthy of comment and concern. I've doubted OK LE's accounts on numerous occasions but for some reason I believe that here they acted in good faith - at least regarding the footage.

i agree with this also, but i think the fact that they immediately suspected drugs, and knew of the couples mental health issues, they were looking at the video and trying to make it fit some of their theories of the case. They could be right, but they could also be wrong with this.

I think that video is a Rorschach test. I don't think LE was lying or being misleading about their interpretation of it. But I think their interpretation was formed based on assumptions they made or things they knew or thought they knew about the Jamisons. I haven't watched it since I watched whatever snippet of it they showed on Disappeared, but I remember at the time, thinking, "I don't get it. What is LE seeing here that I'm not?"

I think that video is a Rorschach test. I don't think LE was lying or being misleading about their interpretation of it. But I think their interpretation was formed based on assumptions they made or things they knew or thought they knew about the Jamisons. I haven't watched it since I watched whatever snippet of it they showed on Disappeared, but I remember at the time, thinking, "I don't get it. What is LE seeing here that I'm not?"

I totally agree and I had the same reaction when I saw the short clips.

Investigation Discovery is airing the Disappeared episode "Paradise Lost" about the Jamisons on 12/4 at 11 a.m.

Thanks for letting us know. I havent got to see this one yet and am hoping I dont forget to catch this.

It will be interesting to see the video everyone is talking about.

The thing I wish the most at this point is that LE would release an overview of what was found at the scene. Like were they shot and were any guns found with the bodies. At least give the public that much.

They dont have to provide specifics, but I think they should provide some basics like that.

Death in absentia maybe?? I think there might be a certain amount of time family would have to wait before going through the legal system to have someone declared dead, and there may be even stricter guidelines when it involves a child. That clause can't kick in until the little girl is declared deceased-I would think

You would think. But apparently not so. I still scratch my head over the estate and who got what and how fast. A Simultaneous death clause is very common in wills, but normally more along the lines of husband and wife and if they both die in a common natural disaster or accident.

I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but I thought it would be of interest if it has not already been reported.

I read that the remains were found 2.7 air miles in a north or northwest direction from the truck, and that the remains were found in an area frequently used as a campsite, and that the remains were found in Smokestack Hollow.

Initially I found a 15 acre triangular tract of land lying along the 2.7 mile ring in a flat area in Smokestack Hollow north/northwest of the abandoned truck that looked like it could be an area for camping, but I could find no clear signs of camping activity by zooming in on the area with Google Earth.

I then looked at another nearby area and found a clearly identifiable campfire/campsite. This location is also in Smokestack Hollow and is very close to the 2.7 mile range ring. This might be the area where the remains were found. The attached topographic map shows the area of interest. The red range ring is centered on the location of the abandoned truck, and I have shown the trail/road that the Jamisons might have taken from the truck. At about 11-12 O'clock on the ring are three points of interest marked with yellow labels. One is the campsite, and the other two are two corners of the triangular tract of land that I was initially interested in.

I'm sure that there are numerous campfires in the area, but it seems like quite a coincidence that this particular campfire is located in Smokestack Hollow only 63 yards beyond the 2.7 mile range ring, and it is also north/northwest of the abandoned truck.

For those of you who want to look at the campfire/campsite for yourselves zoom in with Google Earth at 35.040717, -95.224189. It is unlikely that remains will be visible, but you never know. It might be worthwhile to see if there are any high resolution Google images taken closer to the time of the disappearance.

Attachments

• missing.jpg
    missing.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 49
Yes, sure, I'd like to see the video too but if we're doubting that the to-and-fro indicated something sinister, we're basically doubting the sheriff and whomever else viewed the footage and found it to be a concern. I've doubted OK LE's accounts on numerous occasions but for some reason I believe that here they acted in good faith - at least regarding the footage. Professional opinion truthfully expressed.

And why would it be other? IB indicated that nothing specifically could be found to tie the Jamisons to meth and the meth trade - and that sort of "evidence" can be easy to find/invent. Why center on a piece of video footage to explain certain actions?

Well, my goodness, wfgodot, have you forgotten what you've learned about our estimable SOs here in Oklahoma?

I do have some issues with IB but that's probably influenced by my belief that he botched this case from the start and I think he's painfully aware of that. This was only the highest-profile case he's ever likely to encounter in his entire LE career, and he blew it by making easy assumptions instead of collecting evidence.

That's how I feel about it today. Ask me tomorrow and you might get a different answer, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7