OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had posted last night that it was near Grassy Lake Hollow...That was not correct, sorry. They were found in Smokestack Hollow. My original understanding was that they were found more north than west, which is why I thought Grassy Lake, I now know that it was more NW and it is Smokestack Hollow. The details are still barely at a trickle.

Just a couple of things in looking at this:

1. I would not rule out the Jamisons getting lost and dieing of exposure. Considering their mental state, they might have been easily confused.

2. I would not rule out murder-suicide, or a suicide pact. possibly after one of them died as a result of #1.

Does anyone know if this was the property they were looking at?

I have seen two maps to the location, both different. Do we have a definite location

Hollye's map shows the site within about 300 feet of some type of complex. I thought it might be a sewage treatment plant, but it is not. There is either a satellite disk, a big one, or a water tower on the roof of the building.

I used the GPS coordinates from the tags at the bottom of this page. Will have to go find Hollye's and see what it looks like... Okay, I see it. Google Maps wants to mark the nearest road instead of the actual GPS location if it's not on a road. That's where I tripped up earlier today and had to re-post a more accurate map. And that's why I like Google Earth so much better. It's easier to make it do what I want it to do, but it does occasionally crash my browser.

Pensfan, yes, our "mountains" are puny. We Oklahomans tend use the word a bit optimistically, lol.

mtrooper, is there a more accurate set of GPS coordinates then?

I had posted last night that it was near Grassy Lake Hollow...That was not correct, sorry. They were found in Smokestack Hollow. My original understanding was that they were found more north than west, which is why I thought Grassy Lake, I now know that it was more NW and it is Smokestack Hollow. The details are still barely at a trickle.

There are some trails across the hilltop. It looks like one begins about 1,500 above where the truck was found. Following it could lead them to the location.

How disabled were the Jamisons?

Smokestack Hollow
Valley in Latimer County, Oklahoma, USA.
Latitude: 35.03 : Longitude: -95.22806

http://www.placenames.com/us/p1098144/

Okay, just going on the name of the location alone and not any GPS coordinates, Google Maps puts Smokestack Hollow here:

21f3cfbd-ec43-4e3f-876c-565b8aa15d2e_zps28f7f6ae.jpg

And this is what it looks like on Google Earth:

7863e9d6-b2b2-41e8-ba2d-8f48859e6002_zpsac9fc3f2.jpg

Hmm, well, that certainly puts a different spin on things.

There are some trails across the hilltop. It looks like one begins about 1,500 above where the truck was found. Following it could lead them to the location.

In the 'Disappeared' (at 16:50) episode they said he was permanently disabled in a car accident an no longer able to work. They mentioned that it made it difficult for him to perform maintenance around the house which is why they had the live in handyman, to help out. Her mother says in the video 'It's very hard for him to get up out of bed even. Medicine wasn't really helping with the pain."

Disappeared 02x10 - Paradise Lost - The Jamison family - YouTube

In the video LE says that it was a premeditated crime. At 12:00 they say it was a violent abduction at gun point.

Call me crazy but I wouldn't just dismiss what the mother is saying regarding religious cults. There are some crazy churches around here where the line between them and a cult is pretty blurry. I know of a church taking people out in the woods and leaving them there to get rid of their demons. Same church advocates hitting infants with wooden spoons. A guy I knew in high school was the son of a preacher and his father threatened to kill him for being gay because it was better to die than "live in sin." There is a whole marriage ministry that dismisses domestic violence because of the husband being head of the wife ... so he's just disciplining her if he beats her. You see the line of thinking here makes the idea of a religious group murdering a family to relieve their demons not so far fetched.

Then there are those white supremacists known as "Christian Identity." I don't really consider them a religious cult, but I can see how someone might. They use religion to justify their white supremacy. There is a publisher in Muskogee that sells books of their beliefs. There was that racist man who boarded with the Jamisons.

Hollye's map shows the site within about 300 feet of some type of complex. I thought it might be a sewage treatment plant, but it is not. There is either a satellite disk, a big one, or a water tower on the roof of the building.

I bet you are looking at a gas well.

Call me crazy but I wouldn't just dismiss what the mother is saying regarding religious cults. There are some crazy churches around here where the line between them and a cult is pretty blurry. I know of a church taking people out in the woods and leaving them there to get rid of their demons. Same church advocates hitting infants with wooden spoons. A guy I knew in high school was the son of a preacher and his father threatened to kill him for being gay because it was better to die than "live in sin." There is a whole marriage ministry that dismisses domestic violence because of the husband being head of the wife ... so he's just disciplining her if he beats her. You see the line of thinking here makes the idea of a religious group murdering a family to relieve their demons not so far fetched.

Yeah, true, there are some around here that are super wacky. I can't remember seeing anything about the Jamisons being involved in any church. Maybe some of their more public oddness drew attention? So do you think "looking at land" could have been just a lure to get them out to the mountain?

I remember reading several years ago that Bobby had cervical (neck) spinal stenosis. With this he could have experienced numbness, pain, tingling, and weakness in his arms and possibly his legs.

Yeah, true, there are some around here that are super wacky. I can't remember seeing anything about the Jamisons being involved in any church. Maybe some of their more public oddness drew attention? So do you think "looking at land" could have been just a lure to get them out to the mountain?

They did meet with their pastor and told him they were seeing spirits. They had bibles and bible study material out on the tables.

"In today’s edition of The Oklahoman, a story headlined “Mother believes religious cult is responsible for Oklahoma family’s disappearance” the mother of Sherilyn Jamison, Connie Kokotan, told the newspaper that around the time Sherilyn, husband Bobby and six-year-old daughter Madyson went missing that her daughter “was on a cult’s hit list.”

"...Sherilyn Jamison had suggested she was a “witch” and that their Eufaula home was under attack by “spirits” and that “angels” were communicating with Madyson, while Bobby allegedly had been reading a “satanic bible” and had asked a minister about obtaining “special bullets” to kill the spirits that were terrorizing them."

http://www.reddirtreport.com/red-di...-disappearance-took-place-occult-line-tragedy

Just a couple of things in looking at this:

1. I would not rule out the Jamisons getting lost and dieing of exposure. Considering their mental state, they might have been easily confused.

2. I would not rule out murder-suicide, or a suicide pact. possibly after one of them died as a result of #1.

Does anyone know if this was the property they were looking at?

I've been wondering this as well. Made it through Thread #1 and gave up trying to play catch-up, so did anyone ever pin down the exact locations of the places the Jamisons were looking to buy?

Yep, #1 is the only one I can seriously convince myself of at the moment, but mtrooper's latest revelation just threw me for a loop, so everything is subject to change, lol.

They did meet with their pastor and told him they were seeing spirits. They had bibles and bible study material out on the tables.

Ah, you are correct. I remember that now. Will give the possibility more serious thought.

There is no evidence showing that any Oklahoma church (or an Oklahoma religious group/cult) has ever murdered anyone. The behavioral pattern of religious cults leaders is that they are overly preoccupied with recruiting new cult members and making money. Religious cults abuse their own members and not outsiders.

"In today’s edition of The Oklahoman, a story headlined “Mother believes religious cult is responsible for Oklahoma family’s disappearance” the mother of Sherilyn Jamison, Connie Kokotan, told the newspaper that around the time Sherilyn, husband Bobby and six-year-old daughter Madyson went missing that her daughter “was on a cult’s hit list.”

"...Sherilyn Jamison had suggested she was a “witch” and that their Eufaula home was under attack by “spirits” and that “angels” were communicating with Madyson, while Bobby allegedly had been reading a “satanic bible” and had asked a minister about obtaining “special bullets” to kill the spirits that were terrorizing them."

http://www.reddirtreport.com/red-di...-disappearance-took-place-occult-line-tragedy
Google- "bipolar disorder psychosis religious overtones"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member