Found Deceased OR - Katharine 'Katy' Roe, 22, Depoe Bay, 17 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lots of good points ^
As to the "why" someone who did something would hand in the vest - since there were two involved, RJ and his unnamed friend, and it was the friend who turned it in (correct me if I'm wrong on this), sounds like the friend knows something and or did something and this might be a way out, shifting attention to RJ....
Time to fire up the lie-detector here...

That is a line of enquiry definitely worth following. He (the friend) may even just suspect something. This RJ guy needs to answer some questions. I also think treelights is right, I believe LE have more info than has been released.

I'm confused by this article mentioning the homeless man. It says he found a "lace" vest. It was fleece. Did the reporter hear it wrong. It also shows his "rusting van." This is not a rusting van. It would be nice to have a confirmed photo so people could watch for him. Perhaps I'm expecting too much accuracy in reporting?

Unfortunately, his story sounds a little sketchy, combined with disappearing. If Katy walked by this parked van, anything would have happened. JMO

Caption: A Lincoln County Sheriff's Office vehicle sits behind a rusting van on Highway 101 in Depoe Bay. The van, which sometimes serves as an overnight shelter for a homeless man, is located about 100 feet south of Wing Wa Restaurant. (Photo by Rick Beasley)
attachment.php

http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&story_id=51875&page=86

The joists on the door are rusted through.

Sorry about that, i think I misread the quote about the van being 100 yards south of wing wah, How is that relevant enough to be quoted in the article though ?

I think the article is implying that if the van was in its usual location 100 yards south of the Wing Wa, Katy may have walked past it on her way home. We still don't know which side of the street she walked on or which side the van was usually parked. But I guess it's significant enough to report.

I think the article is implying that if the van was in its usual location 100 yards south of the Wing Wa, Katy may have walked past it on her way home. We still don't know which side of the street she walked on or which side the van was usually parked. But I guess it's significant enough to report.

And who owns the van? Does the "friend" own the van that he lets his homeless friend stay in on occasion?

Was the homeless man in the van that night/morning? Was the owner also?

Was the van seen on video around the time of Katy's last text?

IMOO.

So if this report is accurate, Mr. Homeless man, saw a black article of clothing in the surf, recognized it as an article of clothing and allegedly thought, hmmmm I am going to walk into that freezing butt off surf and get this useless piece of clothing and then have nowhere to warm up, shower or dry off? Or....he recognized it as hers and went in to get it instead of dialing 911? Sounds off to me....IMHO They need to be speaking to his friend and him to get to the bottom of what transpired. IMHO

So if this report is accurate, Mr. Homeless man, saw a black article of clothing in the surf, recognized it as an article of clothing and allegedly thought, hmmmm I am going to walk into that freezing butt off surf and get this useless piece of clothing and then have nowhere to warm up, shower or dry off? Or....he recognized it as hers and went in to get it instead of dialing 911? Sounds off to me....IMHO They need to be speaking to his friend and him to get to the bottom of what transpired. IMHO

Well said!
Though not the same, involvement of a homeless man living out of a vehicle reminds me of the Kelly Bodeaux case...

Well said!
Though not the same, involvement of a homeless man living out of a vehicle reminds me of the Kelly Bodeaux case...

If he's an rso, I could see the same outcome. It's a shame that whatever happened, her cell phone was of no use to her. It's important to keep it in hand when walking to at least offer a small deterrence against predators.

I am really curious if she had headphones and was possibly listening to music on her walk home. She left no trace on her route home. Carlesha White threw her cell phone out the window of the car she was dragged into by her abductor. She put up a fight and made a scene.

Either Katie was too timid to put up any sort of a struggle, she was distracted by music, or she was blitz attacked (ie hit by a car and dragged or attacked brutally and incapacitated immediately.)

I understand her grandma is upset but she needs to clear up some of the inconsistencies in her story and it's pretty sad she had chosen not to make a public appeal. I have an inkling she's never going to be found and this one might not be solved.

I always wonder what happened to Katie at work and why she had such a bad day. Was somebody harassing her at work, did she have a problem with her coworkers, did someone come in and give her a bad time. She's a very attractive young woman it makes me wonder if somebody might have been trying to pick her up at work. What was the reason she gave her Grandma? Do we know how she usually gets home? Is it normal for grandma to go pick her up? If somebody snatched her would they have done it sooner if grandma had not been with her? Did they just wait outside the bar and then have another opportunity when grandma left earlier than Katie? Personally I don't think Katie decided on her own to disappear. If she had a really odd accident ie wave, hit by car...I think she would've been found by now, so unfortunately I think something more sinister may have happened and I am so very sorry she has not been located and no one seems to be found yet who might have been involved. Praying for her to be found and for LE to get some solid information. JMO

If he's an rso, I could see the same outcome. It's a shame that whatever happened, her cell phone was of no use to her. It's important to keep it in hand when walking to at least offer a small deterrence against predators.

I am really curious if she had headphones and was possibly listening to music on her walk home. She left no trace on her route home. Carlesha White threw her cell phone out the window of the car she was dragged into by her abductor. She put up a fight and made a scene.

Either Katie was too timid to put up any sort of a struggle, she was distracted by music, or she was blitz attacked (ie hit by a car and dragged or attacked brutally and incapacitated immediately.)

I understand her grandma is upset but she needs to clear up some of the inconsistencies in her story and it's pretty sad she had chosen not to make a public appeal. I have an inkling she's never going to be found and this one might not be solved.

bbm

Possible reasons the grandmother has not made a public appeal:
-- she hasn't been given an opportunity
-- she feels it should be Katy's parent(s) who make(s) the appeal
-- she knows something about the case that hasn't been made public & LE has asked her to not disclose it to the public
-- she has been threatened about going public about what she knows (far-fetched, IMO)

All MOO.

I always wonder what happened to Katie at work and why she had such a bad day. Was somebody harassing her at work, did she have a problem with her coworkers, did someone come in and give her a bad time. She's a very attractive young woman it makes me wonder if somebody might have been trying to pick her up at work. What was the reason she gave her Grandma? Do we know how she usually gets home? Is it normal for grandma to go pick her up? If somebody snatched her would they have done it sooner if grandma had not been with her? Did they just wait outside the bar and then have another opportunity when grandma left earlier than Katie? Personally I don't think Katie decided on her own to disappear. If she had a really odd accident ie wave, hit by car...I think she would've been found by now, so unfortunately I think something more sinister may have happened and I am so very sorry she has not been located and no one seems to be found yet who might have been involved. Praying for her to be found and for LE to get some solid information. JMO

All very good questions and things I have been wondering.

bbm

Possible reasons the grandmother has not made a public appeal:
-- she hasn't been given an opportunity
-- she feels it should be Katy's parent(s) who make(s) the appeal
-- she knows something about the case that hasn't been made public & LE has asked her to not disclose it to the public
-- she has been threatened about going public about what she knows (far-fetched, IMO)

All MOO.

You're very right, I hadn't thought of the possibility that the police have asked her to keep certain things quiet.

Has a link to missing Owen Woods been ruled out yet? I still can't get this possibility out of my head!

Has a link to missing Owen Woods been ruled out yet? I still can't get this possibility out of my head!

I would be asking the vest finder about Owen Woods too. It is WAY too much of a coincidence to me to have them both go on the same night from roughly the same area.

Going back to the map
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...poe-Bay-17-April-2016&p=12474597#post12474597
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Win...0aed2f02afb33!2m2!1d-124.0656518!2d44.8013186

Does anyone know where to place the van on it? I can only imagine a worst case scenario of Katy passing it by and then stopping to look at the water with her back to the van, in close proximity.

100 yards south of wing wah resteraunt on the east side of the road I think. Definitely along her route. Tbh though I don't believe the van is connected though it's occupant/s may well be. Katy's last message sent at 2.12, twelve mins after leaving ww if she walked at normal speed would place her well beyond 100 yards south of ww. And so not near the van. However if a person decided to follow her ? Still that road quiet as it may be is very public with shops and abodes along pretty much the whole way. Not a likely place for some kind of ambush, but that is speculation. Ain't much more dangerous than a desperate person. I do not believe Owen woods is related at all, he was seen DRIVING through depoe bay by a sheriff at 3.30 am. He DID NOT go missing from there. Katy's GM may well have commenced her search by that point, it's annoying me that we don't know exactly when she started her search or even when she sent her first unanswered text. They are two details that would not hurt the search efforts at all.

Welcome
to
Websleuths,

:drumroll:FlowerDoll !!:drumroll:

We're glad to have you with us!

• :happydance::happydance:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics